AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 13:18   Link #6701
S.Freedom

Kira doesn't really need to know about the Akatsuki per se. Just that morganerate has a project that may require MJC tech. Besides the Akatsuki was in an entirely separate location which seems to have been morganrate HQ it's self.

Besides, nobody seems to have known about it except Kisaka and Erica. And they where not going to tell the Serians about such a suit. On top of that, it seems certain highly specific criteria where required in order to release the Akatsuki.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 13:22   Link #6702
cyberdemon

I'd say it's more likely that considering ORB's technological prowess, they studied the n-jammers and built their own canceler. Though perhaps for only the Akatsuki before destroying everything on it so that it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands.
Old 2013-04-25, 13:25   Link #6703
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Kira doesn't really need to know about the Akatsuki per se. Just that morganerate has a project that may require MJC tech. Besides the Akatsuki was in an entirely separate location which seems to have been morganrate HQ it's self.

Besides, nobody seems to have known about it except Kisaka and Erica. And they where not going to tell the Serians about such a suit. On top of that, it seems certain highly specific criteria where required in order to release the Akatsuki.
I highly highly doubt Kira would have just handed over the NJC data without even being told what it was for.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 13:25   Link #6704
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Seems people didn't listen to me the first time: if ORB utilized a nuclear power plant at all, then after the Junius Treaty was ratified, they would've acquired an N-Jammer Canceler, like all the other nuclear power plants on the planet. There wouldn't be any need for them to go behind Kira's back or steal the data from the EA or whatever.
Old 2013-04-25, 13:41   Link #6705
Aquaman OS

Plus you can't just stick an NJC in a Gundam it's suddenly nuclear powered. It needs a special powerplant, and a Nuclear use OS.

Akatsuki has the GAT series OS, natural use modified. And it's frame and construction are based off the Strike (compare pics of both with no packs. Akat is basically a gold Strike that's slightly pointier) which suggests it has the Strike's powerplant.

Plus in all the various vs games and SRW and G Gen and what not, Akatsuki is very clearly not nuclear powered while SF IJ Destiny and Legend are.

So really, pretty much all evidence points to it not being Nuclear powered, and practically non that it is.
Old 2013-04-25, 14:36   Link #6706
S.Freedom

True we have no real evidence on whether or not it's powered by a nuclear power plant or not. The only suggestion it is is the Dragoon unit that can be used by the Akatsuki. And even that's iffy at best.
Old 2013-04-25, 14:41   Link #6707
Aquaman OS

Again that's easily explained by Akatsuki's lack of Phase Shift draining the battery meaning it could support the Dragoon system with only a regular power source. Since it's the combination of beam weaponry and Phase Shift that seems to be the problem. Lunamaria's Zaku spammed that cannon like crazy every battle yet never ever had power issues. In fact no non Phase Shift units are even shown to have power issues.
Old 2013-04-25, 14:42   Link #6708
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Give him the Destiny? I'm pretty sure he can handle it.
In all the video games isn't the Destiny is the better suit compared to the Strike freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'd say it's more likely that considering ORB's technological prowess, they studied the n-jammers and built their own canceler. Though perhaps for only the Akatsuki before destroying everything on it so that it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands.
most likely you're right

personally I think with the Akatsuki, it was supposed to show up much sooner than it did in the series. due to all the internal problems such as deadlines of animation, rewriting the overall plot by Morosawa and problems with voice actors it was pushed back. theres nothing to back my theory but, to me to throw in the Akatsuki like they did seemed like they didn't have enough time to fully explain
Old 2013-04-25, 14:46   Link #6709
Destined_Fate

I'm really hoping that this gets in the Destiny HD Remaster somewhere(Love the SRW version so much, so full of life!) or in that Movie that we know will never come despite how bad we want it.

Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 14:58   Link #6710
The American Average
2LMES

well that would be really cool if they added some SRW stuff but judging how much Fukuda disliked what SRW did to destiny i doubt it
Old 2013-04-25, 15:12   Link #6711
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
well that would be really cool if they added some SRW stuff but judging how much Fukuda disliked what SRW did to destiny i doubt it
The only way Fukuda will be satisfied is if he is allowed creative input in the games, or at least make it like the original series.
Old 2013-04-25, 15:15   Link #6712
Aquaman OS

Quote:
In all the video games isn't the Destiny is the better suit compared to the Strike freedom

most likely you're rightpersonally I think with the Akatsuki, it was supposed to show up much sooner than it did in the series. due to all the internal problems such as deadlines of animation, rewriting the overall plot by Morosawa and problems with voice actors it was pushed back. theres nothing to back my theory but, to me to throw in the Akatsuki like they did seemed like they didn't have enough time to fully explain
In SRW SF is usually the better unit. I can't think of a SRW where Destiny is outright better, but you usually get Destiny earlier and have more time to build it. Destiny never has a MAP (hit multiple units in a spread) attack, while SF not only always has one, but it's MAP doesn't hit allies that are also in the blast zone. SF also usually has a combination attack with Justice and Eternal, sometimes both, while Destiny only finally got a combination attack in the most recent SRW UX.

In vs games both are good units and either can be used well if you practice with them. Again I can't really think of a game where either unit is outright better.

Regarding Akatsuki I think the opposite is true. It was never originally planned at all, but they decided to make another Gundam for marketing purposes. I think the same is true for Legend as well. Neither of them had any marketing or build up, while Destiny Destroy SF and IJ had been shown in magazines and on the website since before the show was even at the halfway point.
Old 2013-04-25, 15:17   Link #6713
Gundamx

Quote:
only in newer srw games
They nerf both SF and IJ in new srw games... at least they didn't nerf Destiny though I fear for it;s future....
(Even in same game >>> old Z >>>new Z2.1/2)

Than again SRW maker seem to hate him for some reason...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 15:33   Link #6714
Destined_Fate

Shinn is given the star treatment over Kira in every SRW game with Destiny in it but K which focused on Kira, all others focused far more on Shinn. The z2 Saga even has Shinn show up very early while Kira and Athrun don't join up til far later in the game, about past the halfway point where they finally appear.

Kira at the very least can do crazy high damage with his METEOR due to his Love Bonus and it took til SRW UX before they finally gave Shinn and Lunamaria a combo attack which has been fan requested for the longest time.

But I digress.

It's just me having wishful thinking even though I know Fukuda or the such would never want it anywhere near the HD Remaster. Especially with how he hated SRW Z compared to TV Destiny despite Destiny fans loving the changes done to Shinn, Lunamaria, Athrun, and Kira for the better.

It also may be too much to change the Final Battle a bit differently so Shinn actually puts up a fight against Athrun.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 15:36   Link #6715
Aquaman OS

They haven't really been nerfed. Well SF was because only in K it was extremely overpowered thanks to the system there.

In Z1 Strike Freedom has NJC (regenerates 10 percent EN every turn). Destiny for some reason does not, and SF also has a more powerful attack it can use in combination with Eternal while Destiny is stuck with an attack with all its weapons as it's strongest attack. Destiny you get a little earlier, however not by much, and if don't pick the right route choice you lose Destiny until practically the last 3 or so stages. Destiny has double image (50 percent chance for the attack to miss regardless of hit percentage) but SF's so dodgy anyway it really doesn't matter.

In K Strike Freedom is just overpowered thanks pilots getting stronger stats the more kills they get, and with proper set up Kira can rake in the kills, becoming a monster. It also gets a combination attack with Eternal, AND IJ here, while Destiny is still stuck with the usual final attack. However Destiny gets EN Regeneration now, a will continue to from now on. Also you get SF earlier this time.

In L you get Destiny really early, and SF really late, the stat boost from kills is gone, making SF not all that impressive, although again it has combos with IJ and Eternal, while Destiny still has the same usual final attack as always.

In Z2 part one, Destiny is outright worse. It actually loses it's final attack from Z1, leaving it with a very weak attack set, while SF and IJ not only keep their final attacks from Z1 but get a combo of their own. You get both of them at the exact same time.

In Z2 part 2 Destiny gets it Z1 attack back, but SF and IJ keep their combo, and Eternal comes back, giving them combos with it as well. In addition due to stat mechanics Kira can easily out damage Shinn if positioned properly. Destiny joins a little earlier but not but that much.

In UX they are both basically equal. No Eternal, and while SF and IJ have their combo, Destiny for the first time can do a combo attack with Impulse. And Destiny joins earlier like usual.

Also sort of unreleated, but in games where Destiny actually has plot Team Kira usually has more playable allies than team Shinn.
Old 2013-04-25, 16:25   Link #6716
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Lunamaria's Zaku spammed that cannon like crazy every battle yet never ever had power issues.
That's because the gunner pack comes equipped with an additional power pack. The cannon she fires isn't drawing power directly from her Zaku but the power pack it comes with.
Old 2013-04-25, 17:11   Link #6717
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Regarding Akatsuki I think the opposite is true. It was never originally planned at all, but they decided to make another Gundam for marketing purposes. I think the same is true for Legend as well. Neither of them had any marketing or build up, while Destiny Destroy SF and IJ had been shown in magazines and on the website since before the show was even at the halfway point.
That makes a lot more sense than what i said no wonder it so hard to find official wallpapers and such for the Akatsuki. and why it felt like it came out of left field in the series. at least the legend made a little more sense on how it was made it in the story
Old 2013-04-25, 17:53   Link #6718
gordol
Banned

Providence Cgue! Notice the 2 LARGE Dragoons and shield with beam saber. From the new SEED RE: manga

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:59   Link #6719
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... those don't look like DRAGOON units, and ZAFT deployed a beam-weapon on a shield before the Providence Gundam did. The GuIAZ had two beam claws on its shield.
Old 2013-04-25, 18:02   Link #6720
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If Kira can use a nuclear-powered mobile suit, he might as well stick with the Strike Freedom as it serves his current fighting philosophy better.
Don't you think the S-Freedom, I-Justice and Destiny would be decommissioned after the second bloody valentine war? It's one thing to build a MS with NJC in secret for personal use as a covert organization, but maintaining 3 mobile suits with NJC technology as the chairwoman of ZAFT should be imposible. Lacus wil have to honor the treaty of junius seven after all, just because her predecessors more or less ignored it doesn't mean she can do the same.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep