AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 17 19.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 40.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-14, 19:12   Link #61
longshot

wait wait wait i thought touma's breaker only negates magic and psy powers how did he manage to stop an explosion??
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 19:20   Link #62
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
wait wait wait i thought touma's breaker only negates magic and psy powers how did he manage to stop an explosion??
The explosion was from a "psy power". Please direct further comments to the thread dedicated to discussing his power, so as to not derail this one.
Old 2009-11-14, 19:33   Link #63
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
We already know who the real little sister is.

Rofl . If only it was real XD

Well , you know , maybe Touma is unlucky , like he said himself but he's lucky in other ways
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 19:37   Link #64
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
so a guy who's powers could make SPOONs explode is not a psy power?

Quote:
The explosion was from a "psy power". Please direct further comments to the thread dedicated to discussing his power, so as to not derail this one.
after hearing all of that, makes me wonder if Touma's powers could even stop a Nuclear explosion or even a Black Hole?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 02:26   Link #65
Primary Consult

Whoever said spoonabomber, thanks. Now I'll never forget about that guy .

Gave it the only 10/10 I've given for this show:
+ Kuroko chain teleporting
+ Mikoto's pajama scene + Touma
+ All the other things people have mentioned

Also, unless I'm missing some future plot point, it seems they really wanted to stress that spoonabomber had an ipod. Considering his competence and ultimate capture, perhaps an insult directed towards Apple?
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 03:46   Link #66
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Also, unless I'm missing some future plot point, it seems they really wanted to stress that spoonabomber had an ipod. Considering his competence and ultimate capture, perhaps an insult directed towards Apple?
Answer
Spoiler for To the question:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 03:48   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Whoever said spoonabomber, thanks. Now I'll never forget about that guy .

Gave it the only 10/10 I've given for this show:
+ Kuroko chain teleporting
+ Mikoto's pajama scene + Touma
+ All the other things people have mentioned

That's as good a theory as any. Maybe the message is don't walk around looking creepy and listening to your music, it will get you beaten up . Could also represent his detachment. I mean does he look like the type who has any friends at all? Probably just walks around complaining about everything, listening to his music, and hanging in his room with his spoons.

The pajama scene was just fun. Of course Touma shows up the moment she grabs the thing to check herself out in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Great episode. Probably the strongest episode yet (well perhaps episode 4 maybe slightly better...)

But seriously, how did Misaka and Shirai manage to track Bomberman down so quickly?!?! I mean I know Misaka would've figured out who the Bomberman was but still...

Word of advice to future evildoers. Never talk about your evil plans out loud. Never.
Yeah definitely talking about your plans isn't a good idea. But ranting really is part of being an evil guy anyways. Plus after what the little girl said, seeing that doll again, it was definitely clear to Mikoto who it was. Considering fumbling the coin nearly got them killed you can bet she was pretty pissed. So she probably charged out of the building, asked if anyone saw the guy, ran off after him and eventually found him. Along the way Kuroko probably saw her and followed. Since Mikoto running and looking angry can only mean someone is about to get beaten up .
Old 2009-11-15, 06:51   Link #68
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Also, enough with all the focus on his headphones. We get it already. He has some rad tunes, we know.
I'm guessing the Level Upper's actually some kind of tune that messes with your brain or something.
Old 2009-11-15, 11:34   Link #69
HandofFate

lol, loved the cameo of Touma stopping by and once again helping some random girl he bumped into.

Looks like Touma is once again adding another girl to his harem.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:14   Link #70
Joe_fh

Ok aren't they hinting what will probably happen a bit too much (or maybe it's just me) the guy in the first episode had a Ipod nano (or it looked like one) they stressed a lot that the spoon/can bomber guy has one as well.So maybe all those strange cases are conected to those Ipods. Saten listens to music all the time and is developing an inferiority complex and no one seems to care about that (seriously why didn't Misaka say something to her in that conversation). Of course I might be wrong but it seems to me that Saten will somhow get mixed in all this and get in trouble.

Imagine a showdown between Misaka and Saten where Saten is in some sort of trance and can't stop and Misaka doesn't whant to fight her and gets seriously injured but then says something like" I'm going to use my full power and bring you back" or something like that. Sounds a bit Nanohish though

And seriously I think we'll see a comercial like this one soon
"Go up,go Nano!"
from Apple

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2009-11-15 at 13:37.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 14:50   Link #71
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Ok aren't they hinting what will probably happen a bit too much (or maybe it's just me) the guy in the first episode had a Ipod nano (or it looked like one) they stressed a lot that the spoon/can bomber guy has one as well.So maybe all those strange cases are conected to those Ipods. Saten listens to music all the time and is developing an inferiority complex and no one seems to care about that (seriously why didn't Misaka say something to her in that conversation). Of course I might be wrong but it seems to me that Saten will somhow get mixed in all this and get in trouble.

Imagine a showdown between Misaka and Saten where Saten is in some sort of trance and can't stop and Misaka doesn't whant to fight her and gets seriously injured but then says something like" I'm going to use my full power and bring you back" or something like that. Sounds a bit Nanohish though

And seriously I think we'll see a comercial like this one soon
"Go up,go Nano!"
from Apple
They weren't hinting this hard earlier in the series. The iPod you mentioned from ep 1 is one that I had to go back to remember the hint.

This episode was... a lot more obvious. Saten's tendency towards musical conversations is starting to possibly mean something.

And a little Befriending never hurt anyone . Too bad Touma seems to be immune thus far?
Old 2009-11-15, 17:36   Link #72
Joe_fh

I remembered the one in the first episode because they just showed it for no reason. Kuroko said something about the ability of the bad guy he looked down and after a couple of seconds they showed it. That's possibly why it was stuck in my mind - since it felt a bit out of place

What I really find strange is the fact that no one seems to care about Saten's obvious inferiority complex especially in this episode. They are her best friends and when the conversation reaches that topic they just stop talking. Why don't they say something to cheer her up and make her feel better and useful. I mean that's what friends do right?
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 20:57   Link #73
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

There isn't anything to say. She's powerless and forever weak and useless. You can't cheer that up.

Even if there was something to say, they couldn't/shouldn't say it, as they all have powers.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 21:47   Link #74
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

so no shana advertisment this time, hm...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 23:38   Link #75
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
For this episode, I sort have always felt a connection with guys like this bomber. Sadly I have personal experience with being treated like he was. But I agree that power is no excuse.

Oh yea, and the pajama scene was awesome, gotta love Mikoto's taste is clothes, and I always enjoy a 'here comes Touma to save the day' moment.

Last edited by Miyuki-ism; 2009-11-15 at 23:58.
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 23:55   Link #76
sniperz

more occurence of touma. :] since tis is before the 1st season storyline. cool stuffs so far at ep 7
sniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:14   Link #77
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Isn't it weird how we despised Touma as a main character, but like him so much as a side character? (of course, there are valid reasons for this, but still)

Anyhow, a great episode. From pajama to action plus cameo... can't get much better than this.
Old 2009-11-16, 03:41   Link #78
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Isn't it weird how we despised Touma as a main character, but like him so much as a side character? (of course, there are valid reasons for this, but still).
Main characters have a tendacy to be a bit preachy, but you know i still liked Touma even when he was being all preachy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:44   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
And I still point out how characters ten times as "preachy" as Touma have never been called such, while Touma gets all the flak. >.>
Old 2009-11-16, 03:45   Link #80
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And I still point out how characters ten times as "preachy" as Touma have never been called such, while Touma gets all the flak. >.>
Well it all depends on how you do it, I guess. Personally I always thought Touma was the best preachy character ever.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote