AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-28, 02:33   Link #1741
vivitoru
Gunsam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Seriously, 5 people out of HOW many AruSherri fans are flaunting their victory? I'm talking about HERE alone. That's a small number, don't ya think?
Did it ever occur to you that not everyone has the same mindset as you? Maybe the Arusheri fans here know better than rub the end result in Aruran fans face.
Really now, no matter how bad that pairing was from the get go (imo of course ), I know it must be hard to invest so much emotionally just to have all your hopes ultimately crushed three years later.

Spoiler for Movie ending:

Last edited by vivitoru; 2011-03-28 at 02:38. Reason: add spoiler tag
Old 2011-03-28, 02:34   Link #1742
Thess

Quote:
English speaking people, dear.
There aren't a lot of AruSherri fans around since the movie's release that speak in English or live in a place that does. Japan, I wouldn't count it, as you EXPECT Japanese people to be obsessed; after all, the movie is FOR them, it's their country.
They seemed pretty overjoyed in the livejournal community? Look here. Anyway, the movie can't be licensed, so I don't think Kawamori will care much about US, but the Japanese audience?

It's already a box office success, unless I'm wrong, for the limited screening in times of crisis. Good for them.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-03-28, 02:45   Link #1743
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS13 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
You know what desperation sounds like? Saying "If only the other person would die, then AltoxRanka could finally happen!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Yep this... Can we say episode 24 ending, anyone?
They were talking about the second movie. THE SECOND MOVIE.

Quote:
Okay, I have to stop Sheryl fans right here:
Where the hell do people get off saying that?

Actually, if anything, Sheryl is WEAKER than Ranka. I keep seeing these commercials for people who fall and cannot get back up... crying for help, relying on someone; what does Sheryl do? She ignores it!

In the series, she doesn't tell ANYONE she's sick. Who finds out? Micheal and Klan. Who finds out too late? Alto!

She's always EXPECTING someone to come to her side. But she hates pity, so she refuses to show weakness. That doesn't show that she's strong but that she's STUBBORN!
If you ask me, her keeping illness to herself and EXPECTING Alto to know what's wrong is a sign of SELFISHNESS! She falls into Alto's arms and he has NO IDEA what's going on!
I see keeping company with BleachOD really does cause cognitive dissonance.

1.) I must have imagined Ranka needing being saved on average every twenty seconds of the TV show. It's a wonder the character could brush her teeth without Alto needing to swoop in in his EX-Gear to hold her toothbrush and beat off another Vajra attack at the same time.

2.) Sheryl not telling ALTO ( yep, only him ) of her fatal sickness is because she wants to spare him having to worry about her. People were aware before of her general state of weakness, if you care to exercise your braincells a bit, including Alto and Ranka. Or did you forget that hospital stay Sheryl had to endure?

3.) And you are outright, blatantly lying that she was expecting people to "come to her side". She wanted to spare other people the pain of seeing her die and tried to isolate herself at first from them. That Alto broke through that barrier speaks mountains of how dedicated he was to her, breaking one solemn oath after another to help her out. And he did so without her prodding him to do it, because she is a strong person who tries to stand on her own. And she is a compassionate person, who tries to spare others pain. Stubborn, too, which is why she was lucky her friends saw her suffering and wanted to help her.

Oh, well, the pathetic distortions and misrepresenations on part of desperate Ranka fans speaks for themselves, I guess.
Old 2011-03-28, 02:50   Link #1744
Thess

It seems some moods have flared again. Let's still be nice and not insult people's intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
You know what desperation sounds like? Saying "If only the other person would die, then AltoxRanka could finally happen!".
So, according to that fantastic logic.

Spoiler for spoilers:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-03-28 at 03:01.
Old 2011-03-28, 03:01   Link #1745
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

A slightly off-topic thing for the 2nd movie:
Spoiler for Pixiv vs. audio?:

Did anyone hear him say "kara" at the end, because mostly everyone I know says he only says the first?
Old 2011-03-28, 03:03   Link #1746
magnuskn

Quote:
So, according to that fantastic logic.

Spoiler for spoilers:
Well, if you are that desperate...
Old 2011-03-28, 03:10   Link #1747
Thess

Quote:
A slightly off-topic thing for the 2nd movie:
Spoiler for Pixiv vs. audio?:

Did anyone hear him say "kara" at the end, because mostly everyone I know says he only says the first?
I'm not sure what you mean with that. Could you give me a link? It could be just a way to title something...?

Kara must be used as "because" here. Depending how is phrased could be "Because I love you" or "I love you, because..."

Edit: Eh, I looked, there is just one picture with that and is a wedding one. Seems it's just a title "Because I love you."

Quote:
Well, if you are that desperate...
Spoiler for pff:

Old 2011-03-28, 03:20   Link #1748
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean with that. Could you give me a link? It could be just a way to title something...?

Kara must be used as "because" here. Depending how is phrased could be "Because I love you" or "I love you, because..."

Edit: Eh, I looked, there is just one picture with that and is a wedding one. It's just a title "Because I love you."
No, there's a few fan-manga spoilers of the movie with it:
For instance:
Spoiler for pictures:

I'm not gonna look back for the other manga, but there was one that showed the WHOLE finale that had "kara" at the end of the confession.
Old 2011-03-28, 04:23   Link #1749
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I have looked up basic Japanese. It is normal for that. Hell, we use the same term every day with family and even friends. "Aishiteru" is a universal term for "I love you." Quite honestly, quite a LOT of people use the term towards friends.
You quite obviously haven't actually looked into the actual usage of "aishiteiru" in Japan. Here's a starting point. I suggest reading it.

Furthermore...

Nevermind. I can't be bothered.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-28, 04:59   Link #1750
Father Hentai

Oh my... I'm going to keep myself out of this shipping fights...

Question about the SNT Movie:
Spoiler for "Magic" power transfusion:
Old 2011-03-28, 05:04   Link #1751
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-03-28, 06:19   Link #1752
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
You quite obviously haven't actually looked into the actual usage of "aishiteiru" in Japan. Here's a starting point. I suggest reading it.

Furthermore...

Nevermind. I can't be bothered.
I admit that I rofl'ed aloud when I read it's super common and used every day with your friends!

Maybe she's confusing Ai usages with aishiteru phrase, used contextually. Giving the benefit of the doubt here.

Old 2011-03-28, 06:20   Link #1753
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Oh my... I'm going to keep myself out of this shipping fights...

Not really shipping fights, more like 'calling-out-certain-BS' discussions.

Spoiler for magic blood thingy:
Old 2011-03-28, 06:23   Link #1754
Father Hentai

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Eh. No. Just looking out for minor film errors like a Fiat Punto in LotR live action movie.
Old 2011-03-28, 06:37   Link #1755
wisteria233

You know what LoveMeKags I'm not even gonna wanna know why because its not use talking to someone who can't even remember the events of the very show they're making arguments for.

Though I do feel sorry for you, your friend outright lied to you about the what to expect, and allowed you to get your hopes up, and taint you view of the series. You started watching the series with shipping goggles, which allowed you to miss the obvious, and then you then became emotionally invested in a ship that I've come across casual watchers say wasn't gonna happen.
Old 2011-03-28, 07:10   Link #1756
wisteria233

Quote:
And I'll say this: You can tell me you're sorry for me all you want, but the day will come when I'll ask Kawamori MYSELF if he never thought of an AruRan ending. When I hear it from HIS LIPS that he didn't, then I will accept your words. Until then, I say you can't feel sorry for me, as there are plenty of AruRan moments that you guys just don't seem to analyze our way.

In a lot of ways, AruSherri shippers ALSO see what only THEY want to see. AruRan shippers are the same. That is why we have wars.
Except you know as said before if Kawamori wanted Alto to be with Ranka then he would be with Ranka, and yet in neither the tv or movies or in any of works endorsed by him have they ever gotten together. Severe denial must be hard.

Also, if you want to speak with Kawamori then you better start by learning Japanese, then buy the plane tickets to Japan.

AruSherri shippers have some base to stand on now even more so, while AruRan shippers not so much.

If AruRan have no official art together depicting them as a couple, then shouldn't that have been a clue in and of itself?
Old 2011-03-28, 07:14   Link #1757
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Except you know as said before if Kawamori wanted Alto to be with Ranka then he would be with Ranka, and yet in neither the tv or movies or in any of works endorsed by him have they ever gotten together. Severe denial must be hard.

Also, if you want to speak with Kawamori then you better start by learning Japanese, then buy the plane tickets to Japan.

AruSherri shippers have some base to stand on now even more so, while AruRan shippers not so much.

If AruRan have no official art together depicting them as a couple, then shouldn't that have been a clue in and of itself?
Not exactly. There wasn't much of Hikaru and Misa art that I recall. More of Minmei and Hikaru or just Minmei by herself. Hikaru and Misa weren't really featured. At least not as couples. But yet they won.
Old 2011-03-28, 07:31   Link #1758
wisteria233

Quote:
Not exactly. There wasn't much of Hikaru and Misa art that I recall. More of Minmei and Hikaru or just Minmei by herself. Hikaru and Misa weren't really featured. At least not as couples. But yet they won.
That's where your wrong once again.
Old 2011-03-28, 07:46   Link #1759
Father Hentai

So a love triangle between bobby, alto and brera is not possibly anymore?
Old 2011-03-28, 07:51   Link #1760
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Bu-But, Father Hentai, Bobby would never spare a glance to both of them since Bobby prefer gruffy-buffed up men like Ozma bro!

That leaves Alto and Brera, and I suppose it still hold the candle that Brera snaps back to the right side because of Alto and his prettiness love Their love strikes even the Vajra Queen fold space, I tell ya'!

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song