AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-01-12, 13:44   Link #41
tsunade666

They both adorable. Want some hugs.

I want to see how the story will proceed with the current events in the novel.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 19:00   Link #42
Miraluka
Banned

Is Index using twin tails??? Also I noticed that Mikoto's clothes are the same from the latest chapter of Railgun manga.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 19:24   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Styil.... a guy who is younger than his look and Komoe... an "adult" who looks younger than she looks ... XD
Yeah, many people believes Index is a minor even more with her outfit.... I founf a image from the artist from the novels(Kiyotaka Haimura) with Index using a casual clothes.

...and Mikoto still uses her trademark clothes .
Exceed expectations

She definitely look more... Her age with that outfit.

From this angle it looks like one big ponytail... But I see two ribbons, so twin tails is possible.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 22:16   Link #44
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Considering how Index -acts-, it's expected you'd think of her as a minor. Plus, Biribiri is about 14-or so. Thinking about it, she's about the right height and build for her age. Index is still way shorter. Even in that pic, Index seems at best Mikoto's age or a bit less, not older.

Then again, I have an aunt who's very annoyed that she has to go to the teen section to get most of her clothes, and that she has to hire a seamstress to make her proper evening dresses.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 13:07   Link #45
tsunade666

Index doesn't look even a bit older their than biribri. Considering their age of 14-15 and 16.

For me it looks like sisters going to the mall. And guess what biribri is the older sister and index is the imouto.
Old 2010-01-15, 19:48   Link #46
Miraluka
Banned

BTW I don't know why the people thinks Index is old =_=??
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 19:52   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
BTW I don't know why the people thinks Index is old =_=??
She's not. She's about the same age as Mikoto, 14 to 15-ish.
Old 2010-01-15, 19:55   Link #48
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It's the Komoe-Styl effect. Your eyes can no longer be trusted to tell ages.
Old 2010-01-15, 20:46   Link #49
babohtea

I despise the Index seiyu's "Touuuma~". It's so annoying it fills me with rage I am angry. Completely made me hate Index's character. She wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't so bad at showing "affection" for Touma. I wouldn't mind Index X Style. That is all I have to say about Index for now.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 20:58   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I despise the Index seiyu's "Touuuma~". It's so annoying it fills me with rage I am angry. Completely made me hate Index's character. She wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't so bad at showing "affection" for Touma. I wouldn't mind Index X Style. That is all I have to say about Index for now.
Really? I thought it was kinda endearing when she says it
Old 2010-01-15, 22:31   Link #51
BlueDo

You're probably the minority here, babohtea.
A lot of people love TOU~MA

For me it's the other way around.
Index's character ruined my enjoyment of her voice.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 01:14   Link #52
Used Can

I thought, and I still think, Index has potential to be a very interesting character. The whole with the 103000 grimoires and the possibility of her ending up as a "Devil God," as Styil put it, made it sound as if she can become a much better characters. I think the author could have her tap little by little on the knowledge and magic contained on those books throughout the story. Personally, I think it's sad the author has not given her a chance so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Index doesn't look even a bit older their than biribri.
With characters like Styil, Komoe and Kaori, I think you should forget about looks.
Old 2010-01-16, 02:16   Link #53
tsunade666

Index has the ability spell intercept and share all fear which is deadly against magicians plus her necklece or the john pen mode or something that enables her to use magic is destroy already.

Its pretty mysterious on how she can't cast her spell because its said that the only one who can't use magic is the one who has aim and being natural person which is not an esper. Its questionable on how she can't cast it without the john pen's mode.

The dragon's breath is pretty strong if she can cast it.

Dragon's Breath a legendary spell that says can slays a dragon.

Well it hits the tree diagram which is in the ATMOSPHERE orbiting in the earth.

She's having a very important role now. A pawn or rather a hostage of fianna.
Old 2010-01-16, 03:22   Link #54
Used Can

I know about those spells, but DB was only used during the first volume and she seldom uses the other two. And those are just 3 spells amongst who knows how many can be found in those grimoires.

I also know she's having a sort-of important role now, but that took what? 19-20 volumes. And she's just a hostage/tool.

My point was she could have been developed into an interesting heroine. However, the author never gave her any chance, and wrote over 9000 new characters instead of developing her. She's quite a waste of potential.
Old 2010-01-16, 03:25   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think the author could have her tap little by little on the knowledge and magic contained on those books throughout the story. Personally, I think it's sad the author has not given her a chance so far.
Volume 7 and 11. Look forward to it.

Quote:
Index has the ability spell intercept and share all fear which is deadly against magicians plus her necklece or the john pen mode or something that enables her to use magic is destroy already.

Its pretty mysterious on how she can't cast her spell because its said that the only one who can't use magic is the one who has aim and being natural person which is not an esper. Its questionable on how she can't cast it without the john pen's mode.

The dragon's breath is pretty strong if she can cast it.

Dragon's Breath a legendary spell that says can slays a dragon.

Well it hits the tree diagram which is in the ATMOSPHERE orbiting in the earth.

She's having a very important role now. A pawn or rather a hostage of fianna.
Slight correction, it's the same power as the Legendary Dragon, not the power that slayed it.

I don't know if this makes sense, but in the novel Touma suspected that all of her 'magic capacity' is being used by the auto defense program in case someone figured out the truth about her memories and attempts to extract it. The program would 'use the strongest magic to destroy the witnesses'.

After Necklace is destroyed, Index should be able to use magic but I don't think anyone told her because if she does start to use magic, she would become a threat to any other magic organization and I doubt they would let her stay with Touma.
Old 2010-01-16, 03:39   Link #56
tsunade666

..................... BUT still its not the right reason to not tell her. But its probably the reason. She has no memory when she used magic so. Its possible to kept it secret from her.

Okay my mistake about the dragon. I forgot the right one but I think their is also a name connected to the spell.
Old 2010-01-16, 04:06   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Okay my mistake about the dragon. I forgot the right one but I think their is also a name connected to the spell.
As far as I know, there are three names related to Saint George's Dragon.

[Dragon's Breath] - Power of the Dragon.

[Saint George's Sanctuary] - Not sure what it does to be honest. But Necklace deem it the best defense against Touma.

[Ascalon] - Sword used to slay the Dragon.
Old 2010-01-16, 06:58   Link #58
tsunade666

ascalon..... but that's the sword of akkua right?

That superman double saint terminator savior of the princess knight god's right seat.

Aqua of the rear.

His already at that level but still he got a monstrous sword.
Old 2010-01-16, 07:14   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
ascalon..... but that's the sword of akkua right?

That superman double saint terminator savior of the princess knight god's right seat.

Aqua of the rear.

His already at that level but still he got a monstrous sword.
The one and only.

Also, about the Sanctuary spell, I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's got to do with manipulating space and distance. Probably what St George use against the Dragon as well.
Old 2010-01-16, 08:04   Link #60
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Also, about the Sanctuary spell, I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's got to do with manipulating space and distance. Probably what St George use against the Dragon as well.
Yes, "St.George's Sanctuary" is a spell that will create a Mahoujin(magic position) linked with her eyes which will cause a crack of space rift.
It's a necessary process for activate "Dragon Breath"(the attack come out of that space rift).
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote