AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 51 49.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.97%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-26, 01:58   Link #41
eiyuu99

The Hound Dog shouldn't have tried threatening Accelerator with LO. Dead End.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 02:03   Link #42
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Blood. Blood! Blood! BLOOD!

So much blood!

Will there be more murders? I hope so! Mwhahahhahahahha!

A 10 out of 10!
Old 2011-02-26, 02:31   Link #43
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not sure what was up with the Kuroko bits which seemed like someone forced their weekly quota appearance of her. I'd much rather had more scenes of Vento trying to kill Touma. That's always nice to see...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 03:55   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not many people are willing to die for a paycheck let alone a cause that doesn't concern them, plus knowing Kihara, the moment that guy got injured he's got a death sentence on him.

Heroic dreamy ideas of sacrificing my life for a cause isn't the norm you know.
That is true, normally, but Kihara's organization feels more like the ones where the soldiers are more "trained" than usual.
As for Kihara, I don't know that much about him, but if they only just get injured, he might not kill the soldier. If he helps the criminal escape, he'll be killed the moment he sees him. Therefore, if he really was fearing death, he would should have just stayed there, because he "could" have been saved somehow. But now that thanks to him, Accelerator has escaped, he is most certainly a goner.

It isn't about "heroic dreamy ideas", but more like, loyalty or discipline.

Quote:
Technically, even if it's a swimming pool of red liquid, you can't call it murder unless there's a body.
Haven't really studied law, so can't say I know.
I have no doubt they are dead anyways.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 04:10   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That is true, normally, but Kihara's organization feels more like the ones where the soldiers are more "trained" than usual.
As for Kihara, I don't know that much about him, but if they only just get injured, he might not kill the soldier. If he helps the criminal escape, he'll be killed the moment he sees him. Therefore, if he really was fearing death, he would should have just stayed there, because he "could" have been saved somehow. But now that thanks to him, Accelerator has escaped, he is most certainly a goner.

It isn't about "heroic dreamy ideas", but more like, loyalty or discipline.
Do they? Well I've always get the impression that they are more like thugs with better clothes and guns.

Minor details from the novel, but Kihara is the type that wouldn't treat his wounded people well especially if they only hinder the operation; Which was one of the reasons why that Hound Dog knows that he has a better chance running, plus Accelerator wanted to go to a hospital so yeah, Heaven Canceller ftw

Loyal and discipline don't automatically make soldiers into a machine that would readily fight and give up their lives, that's just for video games But in the first place, look at how Kihara treats his underling; they're expendable to him and everybody know it, nobody is willing to die for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Haven't really studied law, so can't say I know.
I have no doubt they are dead anyways.
The closest I have is 5+ seasons of CSI

But yeah, even if you find a fatal looking pool of blood, you can't charge for murder without a body.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 06:23   Link #46
Minagi Mikoto

Excellent 9/10!

Very great episode! The reason I didn't gave it a 10/10 was because it felt a bit incomplete.

- Vento's "THAT" doesn't work on Kihara because he kills without the need for hatred.

- Accelerator is the ugly duckling, huh?

- Heaven Canceler

- I assumed Vento is going to be much more terrifying but

Spoiler for Vento's spell:

And what suddenly happened to her?!

- Accelerator is BACK! and now he's wanted by Anti-Skill?!

- The light that Tsuchimikado discovered and also the reason Vento started bleeding could it be the works of that angel that we all know and respect?!

I can't wait for the next episode now!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 07:36   Link #47
Taufiq91

8/10.

Better than last week, but needs more Misaka, index, Tsuchimikado and Yomikawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I really wished they would've saved ss for later because there rushing the story here. The pace wasn't constant, the animation was clearly back to normal again and not fantastic like last week, although that's just typical j.c.staff. They work on way too many animes at once, they should really concentrate on one at a time and have the animation polished and not try to cram ss into the end. They left out details and well to put it simply, they rushed it. But I still loved the episode, it was awesome as always. I just wish they would've taken the time to make this arc amazing. I'm excited for next week though!!!
True. Even for this episode which doesn't require much detail, some bits are still lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not sure what was up with the Kuroko bits which seemed like someone forced their weekly quota appearance of her. I'd much rather had more scenes of Vento trying to kill Touma. That's always nice to see...
THIS!

I'm getting sick of Kuroko's grandmother-sounding "ONEESAMA!" scenes. Seriously, we are in the middle of a battle between Touma and Vento, and this pops in? WHY?!

Anyways, i really want to see an arc with only index and Misaka. Yes, i wanna see that. Why? Because a combination of both would be awesome, and it was a wasted opportunity for S1E23 of not having Misaka fighting with index against Sherry Cromwell's creature. if this arc could lead to an Index/Misaka arc, then i would totally watch it.
Old 2011-02-26, 07:37   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post

- Accelerator is the ugly duckling, huh?

Index: "...So the moral of the story for the ugly duckling is that her victory was decided since birth?"

Accelerator: "THAT'S NOT THE STORY OF UGLY DUCKLING!!"

Index: "hmm?"

Too bad they didn't include it

Quote:
- Heaven Canceler
Come to think of it, Heaven Canceller is the only person that Accelerator show some respect towards.

Quote:
- I assumed Vento is going to be much more terrifying but

Spoiler for Vento's spell:
Because of the nature of 'THAT spell', it stands to reason that she doesn't need to focus alot on combat.

Well, she certainly can kill someone with that "Hiiii~!" of hers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Anyways, i really want to see an arc with only index and Misaka. Yes, i wanna see that. Why? Because a combination of both would be awesome, and it was a wasted opportunity for S1E23 of not having Misaka fighting with index against Sherry Cromwell's creature. if this arc could lead to an Index/Misaka arc, then i would totally watch it.
This I agree.

It doesn't even have to be an action oriented story; Even a simple buddy comedy like having Index and Mikoto come up with a present for Touma can be very amusing.
Old 2011-02-26, 08:39   Link #49
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Index: "...So the moral of the story for the ugly duckling is that her victory was decided since birth?"

Accelerator: "THAT'S NOT THE STORY OF UGLY DUCKLING!!"

Index: "hmm?"

Too bad they didn't include it
Seconded that!

Quote:
Come to think of it, Heaven Canceller is the only person that Accelerator show some respect towards.
Yoshikawa and recently Yomikawa I guess?
Old 2011-02-26, 08:42   Link #50
eiyuu99

And that arc is likely going to end up with Touma shouting "Fukou Da!"

Still, could try Valentine Day or something.
Old 2011-02-26, 08:45   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Yoshikawa and recently Yomikawa I guess?
Not really, to him they are still-

"Hmph, people like you are surprise by only this level of darkness? You never saw what true Hell really is!"

But Heaven Canceller is different.

"Hmph, he is someone that has seen the Hell that I've seen and understands how deep this hole really is..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
And that arc is likely going to end up with Touma shouting "Fukou Da!"

Still, could try Valentine Day or something.
Really? I thought it would make a good Christmas story...
Old 2011-02-26, 08:48   Link #52
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Not really, to him they are still-

"Hmph, people like you are surprise by only this level of darkness? You never saw what true Hell really is!"

But Heaven Canceller is different.

"Hmph, he is someone that has seen the Hell that I've seen and understands how deep this hole really is..."
About Yomikawa I can say that but Yoshikawa is one of the people who put Accelerator through that "Hell" so ...
Old 2011-02-26, 08:57   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
About Yomikawa I can say that but Yoshikawa is one of the people who put Accelerator through that "Hell" so ...
Nah, she put him through ONE of those Hell, before her Accelerator was in numerous experiments and programs that are their own circle of Hell. He's probably involved in every black project of Academy City.

[Special Ability Institute] for the research into Dual-Skill. [Produce] for the study of Esper's brain and AIM field, [May Project of Darkness] for the study utilizing of his powers for other Espers, [Induced Explosion Experiments for the Analysis of the Law of Berserk Abilities] this one speaks for itself...

And many others that are only spoken in name but never in details like [Intelligence], [Foggy Hill] and [Abyss]. Stuff like that are the ones not even Anti-Skill knows about.
Old 2011-02-26, 09:00   Link #54
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Nah, she put him through ONE of those Hell, before her Accelerator was in numerous experiments and programs that are their own circle of Hell.

[Special Ability Institute] for the research into Dual-Skill. [Produce] for the study of Esper's brain and AIM field, [May Project of Darkness] for the study of his own power, [Induced Explosion Experiments for the Analysis of the Law of Berserk Abilities] this one speaks for itself...

And many others that are only spoken in name but never in details.
I guess I got it! What did they do to the poor child!

By the way [Induced Explosion Experiments for the Analysis of the Law of Berserk Abilities] isn't similar to the experiment that Kihara Gensei was doing on child errors?
Old 2011-02-26, 09:02   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I guess I got it! What did they do to the poor child!

By the way [Induced Explosion Experiments for the Analysis of the Law of Berserk Abilities] isn't similar to the experiment that Kihara Gensei was doing on child errors?
Yup it's one and the same, apparently Accelerator was involved before as well, don't know what happened though... But considering he's fine while the other kids... Weren't so fine... I guess they couldn't get a reaction out of him.
Old 2011-02-26, 09:03   Link #56
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Yup it's one and the same, apparently Accelerator was involved before as well.
Those Kihara's are going to die a dog's death!
Old 2011-02-26, 09:44   Link #57
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Those Kihara's are going to die a dog's death!
Oi Nayuta is relatively okay ya know....

anyway about the ep....

And so Accelerator shows just what a hopelessly sick bastard he is....

impaling someone then blowing him to gore later on as he tries to escape, crushing others in compactors, then giggling after licking the blood of his kill (ok this isn't too bad...), and torturing the last hound dog before obviously pasting her....your just a compulsive psychopath no accel?

You know if only they stuck together, him being out of power means they could easily have blown his head off, seriously, against such a predator and they don't fight smart...what a waste.

Vento's air hammer is kinda tiny.....novel one had her being able to flatten city blocks.....

Next one's gonna be good...wings? Vento coughing up blood? Heh hehe

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-02-26 at 12:01.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 10:58   Link #58
eiyuu99

Quote:
Really? I thought it would make a good Christmas story...
Sure, but Christmas Eve is usually associated with lovers in Japan.
Unless it's a christmas party, that doesn't bode well for Touma.

----

The Hound Dogs were overconfident, thinking Accelerator is easy prey without his powers.
In contrast, Accelerator adopted psychological attacks, using their fear (of friendly fire, etc) against them.
Old 2011-02-26, 11:05   Link #59
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:

Loyal and discipline don't automatically make soldiers into a machine that would readily fight and give up their lives, that's just for video games.
Your forgetting the reputation of Japanese soldiers before world war 2

For the Navy: Japanese pilots of WII ... Kamikaze... human bombs.

For the army, exmple: Battle of Iwo Jim only 200 out of an estimated 200,000 Japanese soldiers surrendered. The rest were killed fighting to the last man.

I could go on listing examples to counter your point.

You get the picture however.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:24   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Your forgetting the reputation of Japanese soldiers before world war 2

For the Navy: Japanese pilots of WII ... Kamikaze... human bombs.

For the army, exmple: Battle of Iwo Jim only 200 out of an estimated 200,000 Japanese soldiers surrendered. The rest were killed fighting to the last man.

I could go on listing examples to counter your point.

You get the picture however.
*blink* Wow, talk about out of context.

Okay put it this way- Every soldier, no matter which nation or army, receive the hard lesson of loyal and discipline, does that automatically turn all them into machine that can just so easily throw away their lives? And I'm not talking about glorious death in battle or fighting for the brother beside you, I'm talking about being held hostage and bleeding through your gut.

Hound Dogs aren't fighting for honor or glory; at best it's a paycheck that comes at the end of every month; at worst it's for a guy that doesn't even care about their well-being. Nobody is going to want to die for that.