Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-25, 09:51   Link #61
golgo13

Nice build up chapter. Random thoughts:

- not laws heart vergo has
- smoker has to beat vergo
- zoro eventually fights kinnemon
- monet fights tashigi

Question: how did the den den mushi remove the layer of dust??
Old 2012-08-25, 10:12   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
- zoro eventually fights kinnemon
Uh.... why? There's no reason for them to fight (though I don't doubt Zoro will face powerful enemy samurai at Kinemon's homeland).....
Old 2012-08-25, 11:15   Link #63
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh.... why? There's no reason for them to fight (though I don't doubt Zoro will face powerful enemy samurai at Kinemon's homeland).....
Its a guess, but...

- who will zoro fight? there is no obvious swordsman besides kinnemon..
- vergo most likely came alone, although i suppose a new character can be introduced in this arc (another caesar villain or perhaps one of the frozen prisoners etc...) but idk
- it would be a pretty epic fight and zoro would learn quite a bit from it
- doesn't have to be an ill-will fight, they could fight to prove something or for a sword or whatever
- i do expect them to be friends (as much as zoro can be a friend), or better said mutual respect

btw i'm really curious what others think of the den den mushi removing the layers of dust/poison etc... it could be a key to fighting against caesar or clearing out the gas...or maybe its...nothing lol..

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-08-25 at 18:40. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting.
Old 2012-08-25, 13:27   Link #64
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Now I'm actually kinda hoping that Oda pulls a 180 on everyone here and makes the Jango/Fullbody duo the new generation's Garp/Sengoku combo.

Going back on topic though, I noticed Grey had posted this earlier:

I had touched upon this before, but Law can easily vouch for Smoker as far as Vergo's treachery is concerned. As a Shichibukai who also doubles as a former member of Dofla's crew, he can provide the HQ will all the inside info needed to prove Vergo of his guilt (though it's still questionable whether or not this will result in Dofla's warlord status being revoked, IMO). And yeah, I suppose that may indeed result in Smoker becoming the new commander of G5.....

But personally, I'm more excited about the inevitable Straw-Hat bounty hikes that's guaranteed to result from this incident.

I think Doflamingo is quite a different caliber concerning the Shichibukai. He can directly make conditions to the WG, while the other Shichibukai usually do what they want until the WG tells them to do something and then they follow without question, because they fear losing their position.
Doflamingo on the other hand threatens to step down as a Shichibukai if they don't do what he wants.

Smoker said he can't settle things with Vergo legally, so it seems that Smoker knows that their is no chance for Vergo being imprisoned or getting his status revoked, by just submitting the report on his doings, because Vergo and Doflamingo are already the higher ups he would report it, too and they would simply cover everything up.

In doubt they'll declare Smoker a criminal before he can send his report, so he loses every credibility.
Which makes me wonder: What would Smoker do, if he was fired?
Old 2012-08-25, 20:38   Link #65
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
I think Doflamingo is quite a different caliber concerning the Shichibukai. He can directly make conditions to the WG, while the other Shichibukai usually do what they want until the WG tells them to do something and then they follow without question, because they fear losing their position.
Doflamingo on the other hand threatens to step down as a Shichibukai if they don't do what he wants.
Sounds like Doflamingo's loyalty to the WG comes with a price and the WG seem to know how essential he is in terms of "protection".
Old 2012-08-28, 11:50   Link #66
marvelB

Well, that's why I said that I have my doubts about Dofla getting in trouble even if Vergo gets traced to him in Smoker's report. He has so much power and influence (we're practically talking emperor-level here) that he could probably shift the blame on someone else without lifting a finger....

On another note, there's indeed a chapter this week, though I still won't be able to make a new thread in time, sadly. So I guess James will have it ready by around this time tomorrow...
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion