Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-02, 08:31   Link #41
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
I put up a huge post on MOETAN in a local forum with lots of pics (none of them are NSFW) and just 5 seconds after posting, the moderator locked down the post and within a minute he deleted it.

Shows that this is some uh, hardcore stuff. Its a commercial forum so I understand.. said something abt going over the parental guidance line. I was kinda surprised because they permit stuff like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni but not this. And yea there are 2 eleven year old girls over there that enjoy Higurashi alot, quite interesting.

Anyway here are hi-res scans of the artbook done by POP called LOLIPOP over here, found them from an easy google search. Some are really NSFW.

Well enjoy:

http://gallery.aethereality.net/list/series/239/
Old 2007-05-02, 11:12   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dKiWi View Post

Anyway here are hi-res scans of the artbook done by POP called LOLIPOP over here, found them from an easy google search. Some are really NSFW.

Well enjoy:

Oh my gosh! *Faints*
Old 2007-05-02, 12:03   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKiWi View Post
I put up a huge post on MOETAN in a local forum with lots of pics (none of them are NSFW) and just 5 seconds after posting, the moderator locked down the post and within a minute he deleted it.

Shows that this is some uh, hardcore stuff. Its a commercial forum so I understand.. said something abt going over the parental guidance line. I was kinda surprised because they permit stuff like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni but not this. And yea there are 2 eleven year old girls over there that enjoy Higurashi alot, quite interesting.

Well enjoy:

Sounds like the forum resides in one of those cultures where smashing heads in with baseball bats is okay entertainment, but cute innocent girls are the devil's work
Old 2007-05-02, 12:13   Link #44
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Yeah, America's weird like that...

Also, has Kaioshin become one of followers of moe that he once took up arms against?
Old 2007-05-02, 12:55   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sounds like the forum resides in one of those cultures where smashing heads in with baseball bats is okay entertainment, but cute innocent girls are the devil's work
Hello, Welcome To America! Can I interest you in a semi-automatic assault rifle, perhaps some grenades, a Rocket Launcher perhaps? Oh you have one, say that's a nice Magnum .44.... make sure to use both hands when firing though. Go on then, but I'm going to have to ask you to drop this...hmmm.... Kodaymo No Jycane, magazine off at the confiscatory, such unsightly stuff.

@FatPianoBoy: Look all I've ever done is sat back and taken potshots at everything I find amusing. I find Loli-moe stuff amusing at the moment in all of its bizarre quirks so I've come to enjoy it if only to poke fun at it. I do this with almost everything. It's strictly the loli-moe stuff and not the moe stuff though. It makes more sense for younger girls to be doing cutesy things then for teenage girls to be doing so, which is just kind of dumb (See Shuffle!). Even then I no longer perceive moe as a threat to the shows I really really enjoy, now it's just fodder for my chicken cannon of skewering.
Old 2007-05-02, 14:03   Link #46
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
More like that forum mentioned doesn't know what's good
Well either way those are some nice pictures, not sure if they're all from the same artbook, because I do recognize a few pictures that are from the moetan book (lesser quality version), a wallpaper of Majokko à La Mode and a cg of a loli from Tears to Tiara
Spoiler for moetan wallpapers:

Last edited by Thany; 2007-05-02 at 14:19.
Old 2007-05-02, 17:07   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
though its only as cute and innocent as the viewer who imagines it to be maybe the guy just has "twisted" heart

and holy ~ tonnes of pics there so i guess that moetan is pretty popular? (even though it makes me feel that ive been trapped under a rock for not nothing stuff like this ~)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-02, 23:17   Link #48
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and holy ~ tonnes of pics there so i guess that moetan is pretty popular? (even though it makes me feel that ive been trapped under a rock for not nothing stuff like this ~)
Now try to guess why it was made into an anime? Because it's pretty popular, of course
Old 2007-05-03, 09:41   Link #49
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Here's a sample definition:

Compose: "The characters should be composed of childhood friends, girls with glasses, robotic maids and sisters."

more examples here
I've read the wiki article about Moe-Tan already. Didn't even know those were the samples ^_^. Hum... it seems to do little to me because it seems like regular sentences to me.

Thany - yay more picutres of Ink ^_^.

dKiWi - i've been through that gallery site a million times but i've yet to see that artbook there. I so wanna get it now ^_^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Now try to guess why it was made into an anime? Because it's pretty popular, of course
True. Most likely cause it cutesy lolita artwork that's pleasing toward the eyes.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-05-03, 11:35   Link #50
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Thany - yay more picutres of Ink ^_^.
Here are 3 more wallpapers from the Moetan 3 Chinese website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
True. Most likely cause it cutesy lolita artwork that's pleasing toward the eyes.
Well the reason it's popular is obviously not because of its great ways to make Japanese peoples English literate for sure^^
Old 2007-05-03, 12:03   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Guy's that not even that hard to figure out. Loli sells.
Old 2007-05-03, 13:45   Link #52
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Guy's that not even that hard to figure out. Loli sells.
Well it's kind of obvious, plus POP is superior
The very fact that POP did the character design is a reason to get the book to begin with
Spoiler for NSFW (panties shot):
Old 2007-05-03, 14:02   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
thats why i feel that i should go hide under a rock as this is the first time ive even heard of moetan

loli pantshot...blasphemy!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-03, 15:12   Link #54
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Looking at the gallery images, something tells me this will tie with Kodomo No Jikan for a "How are they going to get that on television and not get in trouble?" reaction.
Old 2007-05-04, 04:00   Link #55
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Looking at the gallery images, something tells me this will tie with Kodomo No Jikan for a "How are they going to get that on television and not get in trouble?" reaction.
Well, the book doesn't have as much fanservice as the Lollipop book.
I'd say the picture that is the most 'ecchi' would be this one (not safe for work).
The rest are just cute pictures that might be taken as suggestive or not depending of the viewer.
Old 2007-05-05, 09:42   Link #56
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
I went down to my local Kinokuniya bookstore to enquire about the MOETAN books and MOETAN 1, 2 (part 1 and 2) and 3 are in stock, but LOLIPOP is out of print since 2006. Even on the Kinokuniya Japan side it is out of print, so they can't bring in stock. Argh... immense dissapointment.

Anyway I looked through all the available MOETAN books. MOETAN 1 and 3 are almost completely in Japanese and are actually something like English to Japanese "dictionaries" with very minimal plot. MOETAN 2 has full English short stories and should feature some tangible plot. I'm not sure as I'm not the type that sits around bookstores reading every single word shamelessly. The quality of the books are good, but I noticed some minor grammatical errors. I did not buy the books so I can't really quote the specific example.

What I did notice about MOETAN 2 is that I don't think the main female protogonist is Ink-chan, seems like someone else. So I don't think the anime will draw material from MOETAN 2. Should feature more original material I believe.

I also bought the LAST MOETAN PENCILBOARD from a local anime merchandise shop (muahahaha) and I think the frontal side is NSFW, and is actually a piece of artwork from LOLIPOP:

Spoiler for Possible NSFW front side of pencilboard:

My scanning skills are not up to standard, and my scanner is part of one of those 3-in-1 printers, so pls bear with me.

The back of the pencilboard has the full list of English words taught in the MOETAN series of books.

Spoiler for Word List:

Whew, that took some time! haha. And I didn't counter-check so if there are any errors, sorry man.

And I'm from Singapore, SINGAPORE. Didn't feel the need to correct some of u guys for my previous post, but I don't want ppl going out finding a non-existent bookstore. >_<

Last edited by dKiWi; 2007-05-05 at 10:02.
Old 2007-05-21, 00:04   Link #57
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Thany - thanks for those wallpapers ^_^

Kaioshin_Sama - don't tell us the obvious, we already know, but we'll still discuss it.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-05-22, 16:20   Link #58
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
My last visit to Kinokuniya, I wandered around the bookstore and happened through the English-learning section (I've always found it a little ironic that they have such a *huge* section on those books even at their stores in America ). I saw something really cute and immediately gravitated towards it... lo and behold, it's Moe-tan. It made me want to melt on the spot, it's so adorable. D:

I don't think the show would be focused purely on teaching English, or else it'd be just like any other anime English-teaching show. I do think there will be lots and lots of Engrish though (which is an art form itself ). Maybe each episode will focus on a word and Moetan goes on little adventures pertaining to that word (eep this is starting to remind me of Sesame Street)? Or maybe it will be a little maho shoujo show and there will be something like Kero's Corner at the end that teaches some Engrish.

What I'd LOVE to see (but know I'll never get to) is a show in which Moe-tan and Mari-tan work together to teach English... As often as Mari-tan curses and says *incredibly* rude and disturbing things, I could just see her yelling something very offensive and making Moe-tan break down and cry... that would be very sad and amusing.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:31   Link #59
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Maybe each episode will focus on a word and Moetan goes on little adventures pertaining to that word (eep this is starting to remind me of Sesame Street)?
Sesame Street with pantsu...
"Four! That's one, two, three, four skirt flips! Ah ah ah ah ah!"
Old 2007-05-23, 03:19   Link #60
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Sesame Street with pantsu...
"Four! That's one, two, three, four skirt flips! Ah ah ah ah ah!"
Might as well embroider a word to the panty shot, it will catch more attention than the letters alone ^_^

Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, ecchi, loli, magical girl