AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 22.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 44.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.69%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-22, 17:24   Link #81
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The humor is still the same, on one hand relying on pop culture/geekdom references, on the other hand taking its roots in these little incidents in real life that everyone have experienced one day. The change of director mostly gave it a smoother flow.
That's how I see the thing since the fifth episode.

I have said what I have thought of the Konata's Marimite imitation or the StoPani bit.
But I like how most of the conversations revolved around this "image" topic, like how Miyuki is expected to have a popularity boost w/o her glasses but doesn't (being in the harsh reality of LSverse), or the Kagamin's tsundere groove.
I felt for Tsukasa, mobile phones being like my sworn enemies, but I felt more bad for Shirashi.

I rated the episode a 8.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:33   Link #82
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I'm definitely feeling that way too... each episode has been better than the last. Though Lucky Channel is the only thing I feel that has stayed at a stand-still (the jokes haven't gotten worse.. it's just that they use the same joke over and over), Minoru has been getting better and better for me. This episode was great for him in particular.

I hope they'll be able to keep up the improvements with each episode.. I'm slightly paranoid that they'll reach a point in which they come to a stand-still, but eh, we'll find out ne.
It's been a bumpy ride in my case:

Old 2007-05-22, 17:35   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kona's Marimite personality...boy that was funny XD and for miyuki to be talking to her on the same level without even trying...is there anything left to fear?

i really liked how tsukasa showed her moe side throughout this ep...especially when she cried reading the manga and over the loss of her phone: >__< face is sooo cute :3

and LC...was just weird as usual..."ohiyo lucky!" *really squeaky voice*

~ okey i dont seem to recognise the end song this time...someone plz enlighten me?

edit: thx...lol miyuki has a really good singing voice XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-05-22 at 17:50.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:44   Link #84
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Deathkillz, it's a famous OP of the NHK's documentary series Project X - "Chijyou no hoshi". Linked @ the first page and sung by Nakajima Miyuki (Miyuki X Miyuki)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Old 2007-05-22, 17:58   Link #85
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

o_o! Woow, you even made a chart. You're too good at this. (I wish I could be as systematic about these sorts of things..)

I was thinking about what you said on episode five when I said that each episode has been better than the last... sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was speaking for everyone.
Old 2007-05-22, 19:44   Link #86
Anime Online

This week, as most of you are aware, we have Miyuki singing the ED!

The part where Miyuki apologised before she started her song captures the feel of someone who is new to karaoke well. I still find myself saying "I'm still trying to learn this song" or "Um, let's give this a try" before the song starts at the karaoke.

Other than that, some of the parts that are noteworthy this episode are:
- Kona-chan doing the oujosama "O~hohoho"

- Lucky Star gang trying to do the more mature stare (and it not working out for poor Kagami)
- Kona-chan being late because she thought she had time and started playing. So true, Kona-chan, that happens so often for me!
- As mentioned by others, Tsukasa trying to find her cell phone number. I know what you are going through, Tsukasa! I'll just call my friend and say "My number is in the caller-ID" during the first few days of having a cell phone
Old 2007-05-22, 20:13   Link #87
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

you know...those dreamy eyes creeps me out
i hate it when girls put on that look

we MUST have an episode showing konata "working" at her part time job

LC......ahh well at least it's shorter now

btw...did anyone catch why kagami's mad at tsukasa ^^; ?
it sounds like she's feeling lonely or something..."what" exactly is that something that leads to the molestation ?
Old 2007-05-22, 20:23   Link #88
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
Ths has to be my favorite episoide so far. The Kona-chan x Kagami parts were great, especially the "pat" on head moment. Tsukasa as she tried to find her phone number, i feel your pain Tsukasa...i still dont know mine. I thought Tsukasa showed her moe side here as well, so kawaii at parts.
Is it just me or was Konata watching the second series, and recording, of Strawberry Panic!? Cant wait to see the episoid she imitates them

Quote:
ditto, i wanna see too
Old 2007-05-22, 20:44   Link #89
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
I third that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki View Post
Is it just me or was Konata watching the second series, and recording, of Strawberry Panic!? Cant wait to see the episoid she imitates them
I'm wondering, as we get into the fall season in the show, when the Kanon references will start showing up... and Kagami's reaction to them.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-05-22 at 21:22. Reason: Feels that Konata would try any Kanon refs on Kagami first. :)
Old 2007-05-22, 21:10   Link #90
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, at least now I'm glad I actually stuck through MariMite (which is saying a lot from a person who can't stand shoujo-ai and shounen-ai). Getting those references before even reading what they are actually saying was golden.

(On a side note, judging by eps 4, I thought Kona wasn't into Yuri. Well at least Kagami is still on the light side 'I'm gonna hurl' XD)

Kagami leaving her phone is funny as well. Not the act of leaving it, but the actual reason why she leaves it. At first its amusing, but the second time Kona-Dad calls, it really hits home considering all the build up to it.

But best humor, Lucky Channel by far. Shiraishi's impersonation of Akira was just hi-freaking-larious! XD

Overall, better than last episode, but eps 5 is still the best eps for me so far.

And Tsukasa acts like a child a lot of the time. I think that point was driven hard this eps. >_>

Japanese culture question: Why can't Konata get cable tv? House too old (aka no existing wiring) or something?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-05-22, 21:19   Link #91
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Nice, very nice.

The ep started off nicely with Konata's MariMite approach.

Tsukasa seems to be really gaining focus through ep6 and this one. I just loved her story with her cell phone...Keroro Gunsou~...strap!! LOL. Heh, I thought that he'd survive but guess not huh? Atleast they like the manga. (^O^) As do I!!

Ah, no...I must remain a loyal Kagami fan!! >.<

Miyuki-san seems to be gaining more attention too. ^^ Her lunch looks so...gorgeous for being leftovers...

...and more of Konata's otakuness is revealed. Her "Hare Hare Yukai" ring tone and her mail address. Hehehe

....(O.O) OMG!! Konata's dad made an appearence!!!

*goes onto Lucky Channel*

...(._.) Just die Shiraishi...
Old 2007-05-22, 21:21   Link #92
Satsuya
~Slave~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The humor is still the same, on one hand relying on pop culture/geekdom references, on the other hand taking its roots in these little incidents in real life that everyone have experienced one day.
Quote:
The change of director mostly gave it a smoother flow.
That's how I see the thing since the fifth episode.
Agreed.....so the impact is not as hard hitting.....(thou i like hard hitters )...still funny, but but i wouldnt use the term hilarous for the full 30m like previous episodes
Old 2007-05-22, 21:23   Link #93
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
I literally lol'd during the MariMite references
Old 2007-05-22, 21:39   Link #94
Seiryuu

Wow. Haven't watched all of this yet but had to say this. It was bad enough when they were speculating which end of a chocolate cornet was the head. They just had to be blunt about it. "The fat end looks like the butt..." now I can never again watch that part of ep1 except on an empty stomach. Not to mention I don't think I'll ever eat a chocolate cornet, no matter what.:sigh:
Old 2007-05-22, 21:51   Link #95
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
With both this episode and the last, I want so badly to comment on things like the individual jokes, or the progression of the timing and style of direction, but the words don't come.

I have noticed, though, that I focus less on the jokes because the overall atmosphere and ride in between jokes has become so enjoyable that I almost don't care, and when the jokes do hit, they have me doubled over. The show is utterly adorable. I get cavities just from watching.

My episode notes:
- I just can't determine if Konata is a creepy, disgusting otaku girl or a tremendously adorable otaku girl. She plays both sides so well I can't tell which she's supposed to be.
- I just can't imagine Miyuki singing that song. I already heard the ED to this episode, of course, but it just isn't processing. I can't even remember how it sounded. My brain has totally rejected it. It just doesn't mesh with the way Miyuki is performed. (The choice of song is very Miyuki, though. Although that personality trait in itself doesn't mesh with the moe image she's supposed to project.)
- Lucky Channel needs a change, BUT! Today's bit was gold. Not because of Shiraishi in ponytails (which was momentarily hilarious), but because this time we were thrown a curveball and it really worked for me, although I think it should have been shorter.
Old 2007-05-22, 21:54   Link #96
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
Quote:
...and more of Konata's otakuness is revealed. Her "Hare Hare Yukai" ring tone and her mail address. Hehehe

....(O.O) OMG!! Konata's dad made an appearence!!!

I do the same thing with email, but does anyone know hoe to get Hare Hare Yukai as a ringtone? That would be awsome/hilarius beyond words
Old 2007-05-22, 22:21   Link #97
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

Reminds me of the bad old days when everyone was tracking DanielSong39's gutter votes on a chart during Kanon 2K6's run.

As Jason Miao would say, "Bad times. Bad times."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki View Post
I do the same thing with email, but does anyone know hoe to get Hare Hare Yukai as a ringtone? That would be awsome/hilarius beyond words
DJ Bouche has one for Ericsson phones, I think. Still waiting for him to come out with the Nokia version...
Old 2007-05-22, 23:08   Link #98
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
With both this episode and the last, I want so badly to comment on things like the individual jokes, or the progression of the timing and style of direction, but the words don't come.

I have noticed, though, that I focus less on the jokes because the overall atmosphere and ride in between jokes has become so enjoyable that I almost don't care, and when the jokes do hit, they have me doubled over. The show is utterly adorable. I get cavities just from watching.

My episode notes:
- I just can't determine if Konata is a creepy, disgusting otaku girl or a tremendously adorable otaku girl. She plays both sides so well I can't tell which she's supposed to be.
- I just can't imagine Miyuki singing that song. I already heard the ED to this episode, of course, but it just isn't processing. I can't even remember how it sounded. My brain has totally rejected it. It just doesn't mesh with the way Miyuki is performed. (The choice of song is very Miyuki, though. Although that personality trait in itself doesn't mesh with the moe image she's supposed to project.)
- Lucky Channel needs a change, BUT! Today's bit was gold. Not because of Shiraishi in ponytails (which was momentarily hilarious), but because this time we were thrown a curveball and it really worked for me, although I think it should have been shorter.
Yes, Miyuki's ending is the song that clashes most with how the character sounds since Konata's episode 3 ending (Though nowhere near as bad). Or at least I think so.

I found that it was a bit gravelly, where as Miyuki, while normally having a fairly deep voice, doesn't sound as harsh as she does in the singing and is instead very soft spoken.
Old 2007-05-22, 23:42   Link #99
Code001
Mac OS X Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Code001
Quote:
My episode notes:
Wow! That's basically the exact same thing I was thinking. I also enjoy how Tsukasa and Miyuki are getting more attention, even though I'm a total Konata fan (as everyone else has mentioned, the cellphone moment was golen!) As far as Lucky Channel, I'm glad they changed it up a bit, but I agree...if they don't do something drastic, it's going to bring the series down, IMO. That ending song really freaked me out too....
Old 2007-05-23, 01:34   Link #100
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
<snork!> <dies laughing> I guess Kona is a zen kona ... ... ...