AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-25, 15:42   Link #301
Devastator

Any news on any groups that will be working on Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru for certain? I was hoping to pick it up, but the rest of the team doesn't want to since I already picked Yoake Na.
Old 2006-09-26, 09:22   Link #302
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Hmm... I certainly wouldn't mind subbing this series. Or Hayate x Blade
Old 2006-10-02, 20:07   Link #303
Yashiro

Is any group planning on subbing either Kekkaishi or Katekyo Hitman Reborn?
Old 2006-10-03, 10:59   Link #304
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator
Any news on any groups that will be working on Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru for certain? I was hoping to pick it up, but the rest of the team doesn't want to since I already picked Yoake Na.
Our group was voting on a 2nd series to sub for the fall season and we finally came to a decision. It was between Happiness!, Asatte no Houkou, and Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru for our top picks for our 2nd. We threw out Happiness! and Asatte no Houkou since two groups on each of them already picked them up, and Otome wa Boku just happened to get the most votes in our group, just edging out Happiness!

So yes, AquaStar Anime will be subbing Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.

Personally, I'm a sucker for Yui Horie's characters. I think I've ended up liking every character that she's ever voiced. I guess you could say we'll be hearing a lot of her this season with our projects of Kanon06, the Negima OVAs, and now Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.

Hopefully we'll be able to bring you guys some good releases for our new projects.
Old 2006-10-03, 12:26   Link #305
Devastator

Very much appreciated. If I still have the time after University and Yoake Na, I wouldn't mind offering some assistance (even if just QC).
Old 2006-10-03, 14:06   Link #306
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Have Bartender and RED GARDEN been picked up? These and Pumpkin Scissors are all I'm really looking forward to this season (this could change, though), so I'm curious if they're being worked on.
Old 2006-10-03, 14:37   Link #307
Devastator

From what I see, Bartender's been picked up by 2 groups. I'm not entirely sure, but I think I may have heard something about Red Garden (my mind is kind of foggy on that). As for Pumpkin Scissors, not from what I've seen.
Old 2006-10-03, 14:56   Link #308
Karnot
Banned

I wonder how many groups will pick up Death Note ?
10 ?
25 ?
50 ?
Old 2006-10-04, 10:35   Link #309
regged
ray=out uber dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Have Bartender and RED GARDEN been picked up? These and Pumpkin Scissors are all I'm really looking forward to this season (this could change, though), so I'm curious if they're being worked on.
We might be doing Bartender, and Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto, but it's not decided on yet. Also might do, Busou Renkin as well.

But, Bartender seems to be interesting so we are going to do it, if 90 fansubs don't jump on it like, *cough* Death Note *cough*
Old 2006-10-04, 11:34   Link #310
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Pumpkin Scissors
Eclipse is doing it.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-10-04, 21:20   Link #311
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashiro
Is any group planning on subbing either Kekkaishi or Katekyo Hitman Reborn?
Someone better...

Please, someone pick it up. It the show I've most anticipated this season. Don't curse it with the same fate as Gintama.
Old 2006-10-04, 21:24   Link #312
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Bartender being done by Conclave for sure, which is why we're not doing it anymore. And it's also being picked up by gg it seems.

Conclave translator has already gone through the manga, so I know who I'll be opting for.
Old 2006-10-05, 03:41   Link #313
Malyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv
Bartender being done by Conclave for sure, which is why we're not doing it anymore. And it's also being picked up by gg it seems.

Conclave translator has already gone through the manga, so I know who I'll be opting for.
If I take this series I'll probably have to pass on these 2 groups, not because I have something against them but because :
- my computer can't stand H264 gg use for their release
- unfortunatly, I can't wait 1 year to see the end of the series just like Gunparade Orchestra. Fortunatly I went to Hong-Kong and found by chance the DVD with understandable subs.
Old 2006-10-05, 03:49   Link #314
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyn
- my computer can't stand H264 gg use for their release
CoreAVC costs a mere $10 and will almost definitely allow your computer to handle h264 as many others have discovered. (Unless your computer is worse than I imagine.) CoreAVC is amazing and worth far more than it costs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-05, 07:10   Link #315
Bot1
The Supreme Pontiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv
And it's also being picked up by gg it seems.
i'd get confirmation before spreading lies like that :P

AKA Malakith
Old 2006-10-05, 10:46   Link #316
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot1
i'd get confirmation before spreading lies like that :P
It is according to a AndrewLB, but there always is a chance that it was added by some anonymous person as a joke / attempted demand for that group (as was the case with some of the other entries).
Old 2006-10-05, 11:17   Link #317
DryFire
Panda Herder

Or the post on the gg page....
Old 2006-10-05, 11:28   Link #318
Devastator

People such as myself don't have the time to do the research (so I rely on possibly unreliable sources for this kind of information since they at least display the data in a format that can be skimmed quickly), but in any case, the answer then is yes.
Old 2006-10-05, 12:32   Link #319
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
CoreAVC costs a mere $10 and will almost definitely allow your computer to handle h264 as many others have discovered. (Unless your computer is worse than I imagine.) CoreAVC is amazing and worth far more than it costs.
Umm, certain versions of CoreAVC are still free...
Old 2006-10-05, 13:11   Link #320
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Umm, certain versions of CoreAVC are still free...
Free as in "warez are free", yes. Quoting the CCCP wiki:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP Wiki on CoreAVC
It could be argued that the last free alpha version (0.0.0.4) that was originally distributed for testing purposes, should be free. However, this is not the case, mostly because the alpha contains an implementation of patented technology owned by the MPEG consortium and/or the Joint Video Team, and it is illegal to use or distribute implementations of such technology without paying the appropriate licensing fees. (We (the CCCP team) were close to finding out the hard way since CoreCodec more or less threatened us with lawsuits unless the alpha version that used to reside here was removed.)
One could ask CoreCodec why they distributed the alpha freely at all when it was illegal in many countries in the first place, but it's unlikely that CoreCodec will answer (we did ask but got no answer). Most likely they just wanted lots of free alpha testing before going payware.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Closed Thread