AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-26, 14:07   Link #1001
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek
That pretty happy. I could live with that. There's only one question.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 18:09   Link #1002
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Spoiler:
Spoiler for raising yokushuu babies:
Perhaps Saya and Diva need their 30 year sleep cycles in order to keep their immortalities or super healing properties... of course, that doesn't explain why the chevaliers don't need this sleep period. Or maybe it's some kind of built in weakness in their biology; otherwise, their species would truly be ruling the planet.

As for how Saya could possibly kill Diva: my belief is that Saya is weaker than Diva because Saya doesn't drink human blood... she just gets tranfusions or drinks animal blood, which may not make her as strong (when she drinks Haji's blood, she seems stronger)... either that, or like Haji, she has some kind of psychological block preventing her to use her full yokushuu powers. I think when it comes for that final battle, she may have to drink some human blood and maybe even transform into a monstrous state (Super Chiropteran Level 2) to defeat Diva.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 20:01   Link #1003
kei25

Spoiler:
kei25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 20:35   Link #1004
Aniki Meiski

Quote:
Originally Posted by kei25
Spoiler:
Secretary of Defence Rumsfeld guy is called Mr. Grant.
Secretary of State Rice is called Bread. (as revealed in the end credits)
Can't wait to see George W. Bush in Blood+!
Diva beat up Solomon during commercial break, or while Lulu and Hagi were made to clean toilets.
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 23:43   Link #1005
Haruka-Kun

Diva is kicking some traitor @ss.
I kind of like Diva. She is pretty cool for a evil blood-sucking perverted maniac.

Anywho, I am really disappointed in the 'promise'. It was so predictable. I was hoping it would be something elso different instead of 'please kill me when everything is over'. Also, the way they reveal the promise just doesn't build up to the hype. It like all of us were eagerly waiting for it and they just reveal it in some corny ways.

I wonder if they have different writers for this arc or not. Since the show does seem to went downhill after, it has become more predictable.
Haruka-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 05:35   Link #1006
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka-Kun
Diva is kicking some traitor @ss.
I kind of like Diva. She is pretty cool for a evil blood-sucking perverted maniac.

Anywho, I am really disappointed in the 'promise'. It was so predictable. I was hoping it would be something elso different instead of 'please kill me when everything is over'. Also, the way they reveal the promise just doesn't build up to the hype. It like all of us were eagerly waiting for it and they just reveal it in some corny ways.

I wonder if they have different writers for this arc or not. Since the show does seem to went downhill after, it has become more predictable.
Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 10:13   Link #1007
rondo

Spoiler:
rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 11:08   Link #1008
Edetto

After 46 I find myself liking Mao even more as a character. She has one of the stronger female roles I've seen in awhile. There was one episode where she felt sorry for herself but in no time she was able to pull it together and focus her attention onto the people who need it the most.

As for the promise, it was pretty obvious what it was back towards episode 20. I'm pretty sure they'll follow through with it as this anime has been one tragedy after another. The only reprieve Saya seems to have is Kai and Hagi. There are others around but their soul purpose is to use Saya to destroy Diva, she has never bonded with any of them.

I doubt Hagi's one liners and blind dedication is very comforting. At the Zoo before he was turned into a chevalier you can see their relationship beginning to form, although at the time I think Saya was too young and naive to form a romantic bond. Hagi was her only human contact other then a few staff and Joel, it's only natural she developed an attachment to him. As a chevalier, from observation, they seem to develop a strong urge towards their queens and any romantic interest he would have had at the time would only be artificially enhanced.

Kai on the other hand is genuine. As family or as a love interest his feeling towards Saya have not been altered. He's a strong male figure in her life, he resembles their father and has never pushed his feelings to the point it could make her uncomfortable.

I got a bit off topic, but Blood+ seems like a modern Shakespearean tragedy and has been quite refreshing. I haven't enjoyed a series like this since my angst ridden teenage days and Evangelion seemed like the holy grail of emotional drama.

Last edited by Edetto; 2006-08-28 at 11:48.
Edetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 18:00   Link #1009
vikkineko

Blood+ as Hamlet?? *hehehe*
vikkineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 18:25   Link #1010
jtrog

IN ep 46 Maos actions were pretty funny really setting Kai up like that. I also liked Kai s voice tone when he was talking to Saya at the bus station when he said her name. I could hear the endearing feelings he does have for her (kai x mao) even though he tried to act discusted.

Oh btw the series writers have already have given it away -
Spoiler for In the EndingSong-screenies:
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 00:26   Link #1011
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edetto
After 46 I find myself liking Mao even more as a character. She has one of the stronger female roles I've seen in awhile. There was one episode where she felt sorry for herself but in no time she was able to pull it together and focus her attention onto the people who need it the most.

As for the promise, it was pretty obvious what it was back towards episode 20. I'm pretty sure they'll follow through with it as this anime has been one tragedy after another. The only reprieve Saya seems to have is Kai and Hagi. There are others around but their soul purpose is to use Saya to destroy Diva, she has never bonded with any of them.

I doubt Hagi's one liners and blind dedication is very comforting. At the Zoo before he was turned into a chevalier you can see their relationship beginning to form, although at the time I think Saya was too young and naive to form a romantic bond. Hagi was her only human contact other then a few staff and Joel, it's only natural she developed an attachment to him. As a chevalier, from observation, they seem to develop a strong urge towards their queens and any romantic interest he would have had at the time would only be artificially enhanced.

Kai on the other hand is genuine. As family or as a love interest his feeling towards Saya have not been altered. He's a strong male figure in her life, he resembles their father and has never pushed his feelings to the point it could make her uncomfortable.

I got a bit off topic, but Blood+ seems like a modern Shakespearean tragedy and has been quite refreshing. I haven't enjoyed a series like this since my angst ridden teenage days and Evangelion seemed like the holy grail of emotional drama.
Well I think your observations only point out the extent of poor writing and plotting that has been characteristic of the anime series for some time now.
It's difficult to dismiss Hagi's feelings as "artificially" enhanced. Saya has been the only woman in his life since he was purchased at age 12 to become her husband. His feelings for her of course ran deep before she turned him which was probably around his late teens/early twenties.
Also, unlike Kai, he's also been devoted to Saya's for centuries even between her active periods while she slept for 30-year intervals.
Solomon is also a proof that being a chevalier doesn't guarantee that one will not stray from their post.
Its true that after the Vietnam debacle there was a rift between them but that has since been mended. And you have to understand that although Hagi clearly loves Saya, he did promise to kill her if she wishes so when everything is over. One can imagine that this leaves little invitation for Hagi to try to make the relationship between them progress to a point of no return. In the Animage interview that was translated by Wrex, the producer said that Hagi loves Saya but doesn't look towards the future with hope and tries not to dwell on whether or not his future should or could include Saya. We now understand why. The promise he made to Saya is between them alone. One could try to argue that Kai would attempt to convince Saya to wish for life. But to act according to Saya's wishes is his duty as her chevalier and it's natural for him to bend to her will. I believe this is a trait that was inherent in his personality while they lived in the zoo as well.
Of course my opinion is slightly biased because I have access to the manga and in pretty much improves upon the many weaknesses in the anime, the dynamic between Saya and Hagi is of course among them.
But why put Hagi down because Kai is louder than him? Next to Saya, Hagi has suffered the most through this whole ordeal.

In what way exactly has Kai's sentiments for Saya been unwavering?
Sadly, for a period of time she probably disgusted him and it was with strong effor that he treated her with civility. It wasn't until a year following Riku's murder that he came around and resolved his conflicting feelings.
May I also ask how it's possible for Saya to fall in love with Kai within the few years she's been active yet not love Hagi adequately despite the fact that they grew up together at the zoo and since then have been companions for decades?
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 18:32   Link #1012
Haruka-Kun

Wow, ShellyKukai, what you said is just

I also feel slightly angry when some thinks that Kai feelings for Saya is genuine while Haji only love Saya because he is a chevalier. How can a love lasted for hundreds of year NOT be genuine? Also, not all chevalier are totally obedience and have to love the one who turn them into a chevalier. Example are Solomon and Amshel (not yet confirmed, but I don't think he cared about Diva at all).

Anyways, the debates between HajiXSaya and KaiXSaya can go on for ages.

At first I don't really like Mao, but the last few eps really change my image on her. I wonder what is in Kai's head? How can you not love someone who is rich, funny, cute, and throw everthing away to follow you? But you love your sister instead?
Old 2006-08-31, 06:09   Link #1013
xtrashock
Banned

I watched some past series, but now have no information about present series, but only thing i know is that I really enjoyed my company with Haji and Saya. I think i better watch this series now
xtrashock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 17:55   Link #1014
vikkineko

I agree with Shelly Kukai. In the Russia arc, you could tell his love for Saya. He loves her in a non-pushy kind of way. Kind of romantic of the old times.

We all know he'd do anything for Saya and it's evident everytime Solomon shows up. We know Solomon has fallen for Saya, but despite everything he says he's done for her, she can't quite trust him.

As for Kai, you know he cares deeply for Saya, but not quite ready to admit romantically.

Even if Kai would want Saya to live, I don't know whether she would be convinced.
vikkineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 19:23   Link #1015
ShellyKukai

If Kai ends up being killed maybe that will convince her to live but I don't think that wil be his fate.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 05:41   Link #1016
igalsfy

if kai is killed, this will be just too sad, and somehow useless. i'd prefer hagi to die -> no way he can kill saya after that ^_^
igalsfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 22:48   Link #1017
Haruka-Kun

It is so sad that everyone wants Haji to die. Is his character that annoying? Maybe because I really like Haji that is why I don't see his flaw. Well, I don't think he have a flaw. For those that dislike Haji and want him dead, I would be happy to know why. I won't flame you later. It just that I don't understand why people hate him so much. If you hate that person to the point of wanting that person to die, then you must hate that person A LOT.

I used to hate Kai, around eps 20-30s. Because then he was really annoying and such a crybaby. But right now, I don't hate him anymore, since he seem to grow up and become more mature. And I don't want him dead. I mean, I don't want anyone from Saya's side to die.

P.S.
If you hate Haji and want him dead just because so Saya can have a higher chance to end up together with Kai, then that is a very weird reason. IF Saya loves Haji, but Haji die, so Saya end up with Kai (since he is the one alive). If I root for SayaXKai, I wouldn't want that. Because the burning thought of "if Haji were alive, then Saya would chose Haji." That thought alone would ruin the whole anime for me.
I root for Saya and Haji. And if Saya is alive and she chose Haji, then I would be, "take that Kai." However, if Kai were to die, then I would keep on asking, "If Kai is alive, who would Saya chose?" Well, that is one of the reason why I kind of want Kai to be alive.
Old 2006-09-02, 08:05   Link #1018
kari-no-sugata

Whee... finally things get going in ep 47...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 08:34   Link #1019
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

well it's about time too. hopefuly James won't be coming back after this one.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 09:09   Link #1020
Izzile

Spoiler for Regarding episode 47:
Izzile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural