AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 18:25   Link #221
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
According to ANN, the BRS OVA DVD will have 7 different subtitle languages, effectively putting fansubbers out of business for this lol. Also, Suzmiya Haruhi author Naru Tanigawa co-wrote the screenplay with director Shinobu Yoshioka. Last but not least, Kanada Asumi has joined the cast as Yuu and the theme song is "Braveheart" by THE GOMBAND.

Source: ANN

...my god, all this for a free 50 min ova. I swear, studios need to do this more often. All that's left is for them to say the DVD will be region free and I'll give a shot at trying to obtain a copy myself.
I wonder in English will be included in that list of subtitles?

And there aren't seven dramatically different East Asian languages, so methinks they're gonna have to make it region free. Which means I'm buying the September edition of Megami!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 19:51   Link #222
Kudryavka

A voluntary bump, because I wanna make sure you guys hear/read this.

As you know, the Black Rock Shooter OVA will be distributed in DVD format, in three magazines:
-Hobby Japan
-Megami
-Animedia

The DVD will be distributed in their September issues. They were originally going to be in the July issues, but w/e.

These magazines are shipped to stores a month before the month they represent. So, each of these lovely mags will be arriving at your fav retailer's doorstep at the end of July or the beginning of August. Preorders will be opening soon, so keep your eyes peeled extra wide; you may also wanna use a bit of duct tape to keep those eyelids up near your eyebrows, you don't wanna miss it!

The DVD will be in Hobby Japan (ships on July 24), Megami [Volume 124 specifically] (ships on July 30), and Animedia (ships on August 10). Hobby Search has opened preorders for Megami w/ BRS DVD, and other stores will soon be following suit. Some stores like HB don't have preview pictures, so it's kinda hard to tell if the issue is what you want, which is why I'm making this post.

Now, go forth, my fellow BRS fans!!

AmiAmi has Megami w/ BRS DVD
AmiAmi has Hobby Japan w/ BRS DVD
Hobby Search has Hobby Japan w/ BRS DVD preorder closed

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-07-08 at 01:39.
Old 2010-07-07, 20:35   Link #223
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really want to have a copy of the Megami magazine, but I don't know a lot of details regarding shipping overseas and payment details (to the Philippines; the magazine costs at around 410 pesos in local currency). D:

Halp.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-07-07 at 20:47.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 20:42   Link #224
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
I thought images were already raining down upon this thread >_<

still anticipating this series in a high priority issue
Old 2010-07-07, 21:22   Link #225
kyouray
2D > 3D

I think I will order a Megami Magazine but we won't have a DVD box I guess since DVD/CDs are generally offered with a simple paper protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I really want to have a copy of the Megami magazine, but I don't know a lot of details regarding shipping overseas and payment details (to the Philippines; the magazine costs at around 410 pesos in local currency). D:
Halp.
Pre-order it on Hobby Search : they have PayPal Shipping 50% Off Campaign Underway until July 11
Megami's weight is around 600g and according to this page, it will cost around 330 pesos for shipping in Asia. So if we add the 390 pesos for the magazine, you will pay approximately 720 pesos.
Old 2010-07-07, 21:30   Link #226
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Actually, my problem is that I don't have a credit card and I don't have a PayPal account either. Does applying for a PayPal account require a bank account?

Also, I've clicked on the Reserve Link on the product page and it appears on the pre-order part on the page, but I still haven't registered. Do I need to register on Hobby Search so that my pre-order is considered?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-07-07, 21:42   Link #227
Raiga
tl;dr

Augh, I want to wait for my previous order to ship so I'll have more points to redeem... hope it doesn't sell out by then. I'm totally getting that issue of Megami though.

I dunno about the actual magazine, I might give it to my friend. Don't know anyone who'd want a Strike Witches poster though... my friend group contains a distinct lack of lolicons. XD But 800 yen for a DVD, man; even plus shipping that's more than worth it.
Old 2010-07-07, 22:26   Link #228
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Actually, my problem is that I don't have a credit card and I don't have a PayPal account either. Does applying for a PayPal account require a bank account?
Also, I've clicked on the Reserve Link on the product page and it appears on the pre-order part on the page, but I still haven't registered. Do I need to register on Hobby Search so that my pre-order is considered?
That's a problem indeed. If I remember well, creating a paypal account doesn't require a bank account but you can't add money without it. I've heard there is some website to transfer money through phone but I don't know if it's safe.
Otherwise I think pre-order is considered when you've confirmed with your Hobby Search account.
Old 2010-07-07, 22:31   Link #229
Jarmel

No BD, no buy.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 22:50   Link #230
Kudryavka

Quote:

You need to register on Hobby Search in order to preorder of buy anything. You don't need to tell them your credit card number or Paypal account when you sign up; they will only ask for payment when your order is ready to ship to you.

Already preordered Megami from Hobby Search, and thank goodness I have enough points to completely cover the cost. I can't wait, and I heard that Megami usually comes with 1 or 2 huge posters and a buttload of pinups, so I'm excited. It'll have an Angel Beats poster!!!
Old 2010-07-08, 00:51   Link #231
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, since I'm really willing to burn some bucks into this first-time purchase, I'll open a bank account (it's more of a savings account) using my savings and register on Hobby Search.

Old 2010-07-08, 01:57   Link #232
fire_leek

thx for the BD and DVD info, I was wondering about it too, but I'm still gonna watch the webcast first
fire_leek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 02:05   Link #233
Kudryavka

Quote:
Okay, since I'm really willing to burn some bucks into this first-time purchase, I'll open a bank account (it's more of a savings account) using my savings and register on Hobby Search.
If you can get a savings/debit account with a major credit card company and can get a card with which to withdraw and spend money, then you can just use that to buy from Hobby, no paypal needed. That can take a while though, and preorders will be closing fast; Hobby search already closed their Hobby Japan Sept. 2010 preorders.
Old 2010-07-08, 02:12   Link #234
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
A voluntary bump, because I wanna make sure you guys hear/read this.

As you know, the Black Rock Shooter OVA will be distributed in DVD format, in three magazines:
-Hobby Japan
-Megami
-Animedia

The DVD will be distributed in their September issues. They were originally going to be in the July issues, but w/e.

These magazines are shipped to stores a month before the month they represent. So, each of these lovely mags will be arriving at your fav retailer's doorstep at the end of July or the beginning of August. Preorders will be opening soon, so keep your eyes peeled extra wide; you may also wanna use a bit of duct tape to keep those eyelids up near your eyebrows, you don't wanna miss it!

The DVD will be in Hobby Japan (ships on July 24), Megami [Volume 124 specifically] (ships on July 30), and Animedia (ships on August 10). Hobby Search has opened preorders for Megami w/ BRS DVD, and other stores will soon be following suit. Some stores like HB don't have preview pictures, so it's kinda hard to tell if the issue is what you want, which is why I'm making this post.

Now, go forth, my fellow BRS fans!!

AmiAmi has Megami w/ BRS DVD
AmiAmi has Hobby Japan w/ BRS DVD
Hobby Search has Hobby Japan w/ BRS DVD preorder closed
holy crap they distributing it with the magazines...that fanservice...>
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 03:40   Link #235
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

is the streaming over or has it not started yet???

im sorry for being a noob buti jsut came back and all

also WTF 450 pesos (PH currency) for a magazine!..........hmm maybe its pricey due to shipping cost......but man do i ever want one but the problem i dun have paypal or use credit..i dont even have an ATM

is there a possible way of COD???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 03:43   Link #236
asrielchase

Thanks a lot for the info, Komari!
Under one thousand yen for Magazine plus DVD..?? ordered immediately!!

Theme song is done by supercell feat. Gomu. I guess that's a good choice. Had been hoping for nagi to do the vocals again but... well she's already doing that naruto ED anyway..
Old 2010-07-08, 04:56   Link #237
Kudryavka

For the win.

[
Spoiler for big:
Old 2010-07-08, 07:20   Link #238
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
Thanks a lot for the info, Komari!
Under one thousand yen for Magazine plus DVD..?? ordered immediately!!

Theme song is done by supercell feat. Gomu. I guess that's a good choice. Had been hoping for nagi to do the vocals again but... well she's already doing that naruto ED anyway..
Is there a preview for "Braveheart"? And WOW! supercell is really gearing up recently with "Look This Way Baby" and "Transient Fireworks" as well. I also see you're excited for their third major release! Me too! Big fan of them since Melt, and Nagi/Gazelle's 3M verison of Melt
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 07:45   Link #239
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
Is there a preview for "Braveheart"? And WOW! supercell is really gearing up recently with "Look This Way Baby" and "Transient Fireworks" as well. I also see you're excited for their third major release! Me too! Big fan of them since Melt, and Nagi/Gazelle's 3M verison of Melt
Yeah I like supercell, they've been releasing a lot of good stuff since major debut. And nagi.. I love her voice so much, too bad i didn't know her sooner, it's very hard to find her early doujin stuff now.

I don't think there is any preview or demo for BRAVEHEART... if no more BRS preview is being shown then we'll probably have to wait until the actual DVD for the song.
Old 2010-07-08, 07:51   Link #240
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
Yeah I like supercell, they've been releasing a lot of good stuff since major debut. And nagi.. I love her voice so much, too bad i didn't know her sooner, it's very hard to find her early doujin stuff now.

I don't think there is any preview or demo for BRAVEHEART... if no more BRS preview is being shown then we'll probably have to wait until the actual DVD for the song.
The only early works of Nagi that I have is her cover of Melt... and that's it. I'm still waiting for the previews to "Transient Fireworks," the third single... But to be honest, that song was so-so after waiting for the Naruto ED... Hopefully the full thing is good along with the rest of the tracks cuz "Sayonara Memories" was a blast. I hate waiting for song previews...
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote