AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-31, 12:20   Link #4301
cronnoponno

I believe it still reads Chiester becuause it is pronounced Shii-esta and Shii meant love or something in Japanese so it was a pun on love and the word winchester.
Old 2013-03-31, 13:02   Link #4302
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

?

"Shii" means love? Aren't the (most common) words for love "ai", "koi" and "suki"? "Shii" by itself, either as hiragana or katakana doesn't mean anything relevant, but 死 (shi) means death, however since they aren't written the same then it doesn't have any meaning. Yes, people still act superstitious about it. 四 (also "Shi") means four but is pronounced the same way as 死 (death) so some buildings in Japan don't have a fourth floor, like some in the west don't have a 13th floor.

Tthis is something people often get wrong. Even if the word means something, if it isn't written in the same way then it's just coincidence. Like when some Higurashi fans say that

Spoiler for Minor spoilers to Higurashi:
Old 2013-03-31, 13:27   Link #4303
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

Send a message via AIM to cj_iwakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevan3 View Post
What font(s) are you using for the game, cj_iwakura?
TBA. We're testing the default font, and once that's all working good, we'll tweak it. I hope I can find a way to adjust it so it has fixed width, because I kind of like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
Also, for which version will the patch be avaiable? 1.0 (day one release) or 1.10 (playable Jessica)?
At the moment, 1.0. I haven't even seen 1.10 yet. :P Did she get a story mode?
Old 2013-03-31, 13:49   Link #4304
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
No, she was only available for Versus play. You couldn't use her or fight against her in Arcade at all.
Old 2013-03-31, 14:01   Link #4305
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

The only translatable thing for Jessica would be her moveset image (the one that appears when you select the corresponding button on menu)

Still, version 1.10, as the "final" version of vanilla Ougon, has a lot of bug fixes.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:10   Link #4306
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

Quote:
The only translatable thing for Jessica would be her moveset image (the one that appears when you select the corresponding button on menu)

Still, version 1.10, as the "final" version of vanilla Ougon, has a lot of bug fixes.
That's unfortunate that she has no story, I actually would be fine moving up to 1.1 for that. As it is, we'll do the script and see if we can tweak it for 1.1(shouldn't be hard at all).
Old 2013-03-31, 19:30   Link #4307
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
That's unfortunate that she has no story, I actually would be fine moving up to 1.1 for that. As it is, we'll do the script and see if we can tweak it for 1.1(shouldn't be hard at all).
It would be great, cause on the release version there were alot of stuff that was severely broken, not story wise but gameplay wise.

I would not want to go back to 1.0.0 and tear my eyes out with Battler's slide kick not connecting to anything.

God damn, why you do this to me Battler.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:05   Link #4308
TwilightsCall

All this talk of Vanilla Ougon made me want to try out my old favourite team, so here's a video for everyone!

I think I've been playing Lucifer too much...
Old 2013-04-02, 15:51   Link #4309
kevan3

I'm patiently waiting for a victory against Black Battler using Bern and Lambda.
Old 2013-04-02, 15:54   Link #4310
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

If I can ask, what's so hard about it? I've noticed people saying it's fairly difficult, but I don't quite grasp why.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2013-04-02, 17:14   Link #4311
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
If I can ask, what's so hard about it? I've noticed people saying it's fairly difficult, but I don't quite grasp why.
It's only because of his abbilities and he starts the game already at 5SP instead of zero. In the game you have two abilities depending on which characters you chose and you can't have them on everytime. He has EIGHT, activated FULL TIME and his own (which thankfully he only has when tagging and during meta). His full-time abilities are:

ArmorBoost (defense x2)
Patience (gains SP while guarding)
InfinitySP (use one special skill without wasting SP)
Berserk (increased attack)
CounterBoost (counters become stronger)
BreakBoost (opponent's break gauge fills faster)
Resurrection (recovers HP)
AutoGuard (automatically guards whenever possible)

Thanks to AutoGuard he has automatic defense whenever possible (hence most people starting combos by interrupting him during his attacks), but thanks to ArmorBoost whatever damage you do to him will be halved. And thanks to Patience, whenever you hit him and he defends via AutoGuard, he will gain SP. Resurrection makes it so that he recovers health permanently during the course of the match (meaning you have to stay on offensive, because otherwise he'll recover from whatever little damage you did to him) InfinitySP lets him do specials without wasting SP (except for metaworld activating and his SP2, which is a special case). Berserk increases his attack and CounterBoost increases the power of his counters. And finally, BreakBoost makes your Guard Bar fill faster, meaning he'll break your guard and leave you vulnerable.

And also his own ability: Massacre, which recovers health proportionally to how much damage he dishes, and it is ability-unrelated, but his grab has a 100% chance of stunning you afterwards.

To sum it all: bitch is broken like hell. But only because of his abilities. Normal Black Battler and Boss Black Battler have the same AI in Hard Mode, so if you fight agaisnt normalCPU!B.Battler in Hard, you'll see that he's only god-like thanks to the abilities.
Old 2013-04-03, 04:52   Link #4312
Walterion

Quote:
but his grab has a 100% chance of stunning you afterwards.
His grab does 1000 damage and, if he wanted to, could chain stun you with his grab.
Old 2013-04-03, 09:59   Link #4313
TwilightsCall

Actually, he technically can't. If he grabs you twice in a row, your character becomes immune to stun for pretty much the rest of the round lol.
Old 2013-04-04, 20:38   Link #4314
kevan3

Who do you all think is the worst character in the game, and why? I've heard it's either Jessica or Rosa. I want to hear everyone's opinions.
Old 2013-04-05, 04:34   Link #4315
Drifloon

To me, it seems to be Erika. She doesn't really have any good moves from what I've seen. Which is a shame since I would really like to main her.
Old 2013-04-05, 09:45   Link #4316
maximilianjenus
[E]

It's hard to say because you don't play as a single character, normally the tag engine can fix a lot of characters, rosa is pretty weak but so is siesta I have found both to be even weaker than jessica as she is very good when you get inside.
Old 2013-04-05, 10:42   Link #4317
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

I thought Jessica and Rosa were considered the weakest. Personally, I think Rosa's -okay-, but really suffers without SP. Jessica is pretty good if you can get in close enough, but, well...

Also, lolGeorge.

Last edited by DaBackpack; 2013-04-05 at 10:54.
Old 2013-04-05, 21:24   Link #4318
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

I've only played vanilla(and I'm by no means any good), but I don't really like how Beatrice plays much. Battler's my favorite, followed by Ronove and Lucifer.
Old 2013-04-06, 09:35   Link #4319
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
To me, it seems to be Erika. She doesn't really have any good moves from what I've seen. Which is a shame since I would really like to main her.
I main Erika, and I'll tell you right away, there's no way a character with a double jump, sword normals and such a fast 2b and overhead is going to be bad lol.

Personally, I think the worst character is Ange. Everything she does, another character can do better. And her normals are so bad.
Old 2013-04-07, 17:37   Link #4320
Walterion

Kinda related to the translations topic at hand.

This video got magically translated to full, go and check it out.

Closed Thread