AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-05, 12:27   Link #2021
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
They're testing equipment so that the entire army will be able to fight anti-magic, they aren't just casually abandoning their weapons because they can't use them. Seriously... it's not that complicated of a thing, and it makes sense. The mainstream army is rapidly being outclassd when it comes to the anti-magic capabilities, to the point that even groups trained to deal with it have a hard time holding their own against ordinary Gadget Drones. If the villains continue to upgrade, eventually they won't be able to deal with them.
All of this is pretty interesting but i got my hands on a little more accurate translation of the CW-ADX "Raptor" and it says these bad boys are created to be able to use he Caledfwich Techniques AEC Equips efficiently. Do you see a pattern here?

CW is planning to take over the TSAB.

EDIT: Page claimed for first claimed page of the week and, you know ....for Signum too xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 12:36   Link #2022
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Spoiler for Pics:
"SHOW ME YOUR WARFACE!"

"Gauuuuw~~" *puffs cheeks*

"APPROVED!" *thumbs up while nosebleeding*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 14:52   Link #2023
Justin_Brett

Oh wow, I didn't notice that before.

That's kinda mood whiplash.

Also, is Hayate really supposed to be rivals now with someone she can't fight? I like her, but that just doesn't work. Trying to push any rivalry between S6 and the Hucks is farfetched at this point, but that's especially silly.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2011-05-05 at 15:07.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 15:09   Link #2024
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Oh wow, I didn't notice that before.

That's kinda mood whiplash.

Also, is Hayate really supposed to be rivals now with someone she can't fight? I like her, but that just doesn't work. Trying to push any rivalry between S6 and the Hucks is farfetched at this point, but that's especially silly.
Specially between the Huckebin and the Yagami-ke, poor Yagamis are totally outclassed by the Hucks xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-05, 15:12   Link #2025
Justin_Brett

Well, mostly because rivalries in Nanoha are at least partially about fight banter, and there really wasn't any of that in this battle. Compare the first battle in As, since people like doing that.
Old 2011-05-05, 15:17   Link #2026
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Like someone on TV tropes posted, it's a bit rare to see Hayate this agressive towards someone. Back on StrikerS she didn't seems to be particulary biased towards Scaglietti even after he blows up her base and his henchmen hurted nearly all her family. But now she behaves very fiercely and determined against the Huckebein, even exchanging glares with Curren for a moment, and now this new pic. Sure Hayate got shafted as always but this time apparently the writer want to give her a bit more fiber to her "Commander" character.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-05, 15:19   Link #2027
Justin_Brett

But it's still really dumb, since Hayate can't actually do anything to Curren beyond glaring at her. A rivalry kind of implies it's even, not one side able to instantly defeat the other.

If that happened though, it'd have more reasoning to it than say, Nanoha fighting Arnage again, or Erio against DeVille.

(If they had him almost kill Nanoha just to give Fate a motivation to fight him, well...)
Old 2011-05-05, 15:23   Link #2028
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, most rivarlies start with a defeat(see Goku and Vegeta for example), and in Hayate's case is not that she can take on a powerfull melee fighter anyway, so probably their rivarly will be resolved in how well thei manage to command their respective groups to victory. So Hayate and Curren will be chessmaster rivals in a sense i guess.

At least this new "Agressive Hayate" could be possibly useful in slapping some sense back on her Knights(and some readers) once they awaken, probably a caring mother is not what they need right now so let's make space for Drill Commander Hayate.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-05, 15:26   Link #2029
Justin_Brett

Curren's also probably gonna end up fighting on the front-lines at some point, though, and it undoubtedly will be against someone that can actually challenge her. So unless Hayate suddenly gets stronger, she's not gonna be the one to actually defeat her.

What ****ing sense do they need slapped back into them!?
Old 2011-05-05, 15:29   Link #2030
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yup, probably Curren will end up facing Tohma as he's the only other one with a "monstrous book" attached to him, and the only one able to deliver a bigger CurbStomp than her at the moment. Other option will be Super-Duper-Upgrade Nanoha or a team up against her.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-05, 15:39   Link #2031
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I'm explaining the reasoning behind the heroes. If there is something else going on behind the scenes, that's an entirely different situation, and really just explains why the company is doing all of this (though if they're a good company, all they really need is simply not wanting to be overrun by Huckbein or others).

And... Hayate can very likely damage Curren. She was kind of jumped, and wasn't expecting Curren to even show up most likely, nor do they know much about her. So I wouldn't say Hayate can't be a rival for Curren.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 15:46   Link #2032
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
And... Hayate can very likely damage Curren. She was kind of jumped, and wasn't expecting Curren to even show up most likely, nor do they know much about her. So I wouldn't say Hayate can't be a rival for Curren.
Well, considering that Hayate self-admitedly sucks at close combat and Curren have enough power/skill to curbstomp the powerful melee Knights that are supossedly meant to protect her, i think is safe to assume that a direct confrontation between Hayate and Curren will be unfavorable for the former. The best Hayate can do is to target Curren from the distance and launch one of her tricky Eclipse-avoiding spells, with enough luck she will be abel to shoot her down. This, or course, is still debatable as we didn't know how good Curren is at long range yet(she seems to be unholy effective at close range, tough).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-05, 16:07   Link #2033
Mirron

So then both of them would be trying to fight to their strengths. Long-range vs. short-range has gone either way in the past, and I'm doubtful on Curren's long-range capabilities. They certainly aren't as good as Hayate's, so I think it's entirely plausible as far as rivalries go. I do think it's more likely Thoma would be her rival, due to the parallel's, but it could go either way.

And nearly everyone who participated in the battle got their butt's kicked, so I wouldn't say it's really a sign of the Yagami family sucking, it's... just they happen to represent a large part of the cast. Even Nanoha was pretty much torn apart, and she's the main hero.
Old 2011-05-05, 16:44   Link #2034
Justin_Brett

Well, if Curren is smart (which she seems to actually be), then Hayate wouldn't get more than one attack off on her if she was alone, and two-on-one fights have never really been featured in the series. She's pretty fast, too.
Old 2011-05-05, 16:51   Link #2035
Mirron

Pretty sure we'll see more than one on one fights. I mean... we have way more than seven combatants overall in the series, even discounting the Combat Cyborgs. Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Vita, Signum, Subaru, Erio, Caro, and Teana... huh, thought we had more. I guess it isn't way more then, though there is also Isis and Thoma now.

And Hayate has the potential to display smart tactics as well. Maybe she'll actually work on her lower-scale attacks, and thus actually be able to do better. Of course, I think Hayate and Stella fighting would be a bit more logical, as then it's warship vs. essentially warship. But that's just me.
Old 2011-05-05, 17:48   Link #2036
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
All of this is pretty interesting but i got my hands on a little more accurate translation of the CW-ADX "Raptor" and it says these bad boys are created to be able to use the Caledfwich Techniques AEC Equips efficiently. Do you see a pattern here?

So much for "testing AEC armaments for grunts" theory. Btw Aki, does the translation confirms them as "androids" instead of "cyborgs" or "power armor"? If there's a good moment to confirm the term and avoid popularizing the wrong one, it would be now(before the term become firmly etched into our minds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well, mostly because rivalries in Nanoha are at least partially about fight banter, and there really wasn't any of that in this battle. Compare the first battle in As, since people like doing that.
Rivals? Nah, if anything Karen's words are probably something like "don't worry, our latest encounter with the TSAB proves that not even their primadonna squad is a match for us. What could possibly go wrong?"...at which General Murphy would be obliged to side with the protagonists
Old 2011-05-05, 18:47   Link #2037
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
So much for "testing AEC armaments for grunts" theory. Btw Aki, does the translation confirms them as "androids" instead of "cyborgs" or "power armor"? If there's a good moment to confirm the term and avoid popularizing the wrong one, it would be now(before the term become firmly etched into our minds)
According to the info the Raptor are "Humanoid Terminal Units" artificially created using "living material" for their bodies(which bring some troubles with TSAB's regulations at the beginning), similar to combat cyborgs but devoid of any individual traits or personality, they function as a mechanic terminal with automatic operation and that can be remote controlled and are(as i said before) optimized to use the AEC equipment efficiently. They are currently on the end stages of the testing phase and CW plans on manufature and release this product to the security market.

So yeah, they're basically human and fleshy lookin Gadget Drones or, if you prefer, soulless numbers.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-05, 19:42   Link #2038
Justin_Brett

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying. If the same people fight next time, it'll pretty much be because of coincidence.

And if the Raptors are made to use the AEC equipment, well, that could be cool, if there's one who ends up becoming a good guy. Maybe like a full armor mode?
Old 2011-05-05, 23:56   Link #2039
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
All of this is pretty interesting but i got my hands on a little more accurate translation of the CW-ADX "Raptor" and it says these bad boys are created to be able to use he Caledfwich Techniques AEC Equips efficiently. Do you see a pattern here?

You know, it still hasn't been identified just who the Evil Scientists (tm) who were behind the experiments with Lily and the destruction of the village, etc., etc. actually were. For all we know, they could actually work for Caledfwich.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 00:50   Link #2040
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yup, that actually could explain how CW have the technology to make "Anti-Eclipse" weponary when the data about Eclipse itself is pretty misterious and inaccurate. As someone posted before, probably the orchested the whole thing from the shadows, maybe Curren discover their relationship with the events?

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force