Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-06, 23:27   Link #1
Tima
Konichiwa

looking for anime movies

I'm looking for anime movies to watch doesn't matter what type as long as it's not hentai . Have any suggestioins?
Old 2004-11-07, 01:05   Link #2
Nubixkube

Hmmm... well a general question deserves a general answer. Go to the series section animesuki and pick one.

If you can give us some past titles that you've watched and liked/disliked then maybe we could help you out a little bit more.
Old 2004-11-07, 04:24   Link #3
Anime-FAN

my favourite of all times

AMG! The Movie
spirited away
princess mononoke
Neko no Ongaeshi
Old 2004-11-07, 06:42   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tima
I'm looking for anime movies to watch doesn't matter what type as long as it's not hentai . Have any suggestioins?
AMG The Movie : less comedy more romance/magic than the OVA but quite good

Ghost in the Shell Innocence : amazing animation, story is a little less but all in all a very good movie

End of Evangelion : If you've seen evangelion than you have to see this movie

Akira : A scifi classic which I would strongly recommend to anyone

Inu Yasha movie 3 Tenka Hadou no Ken : The best of the three IY movies in which we learn about IY and Sesshoumaru's father and their past
Old 2004-11-08, 01:03   Link #5
Tima
Konichiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubixkube
Hmmm... well a general question deserves a general answer. Go to the series section animesuki and pick one.

If you can give us some past titles that you've watched and liked/disliked then maybe we could help you out a little bit more.
ok heres what i've seen so far

AMG, The Movie, only yesterday, ocean waves, iria, project ako, my neighbor, grave of the fire flys, laputa castle in the sky, totoro , whisper of the heart, poro poro, nausica valley of th wind ( basicly all the ghibil studio anime movies), a few patlabor movies, cowboy bebop, gundam wing movie, a few dbz movies, slam dunk movies, a few one piece movies, princess areta, escaflowne, one macross 7, nadesico movie, armitage, metropolis, kikis delivery service, tenchi movies, spriggan, spirited away.princess mononoke, Neko no Ongaeshi, hana yori dango movie, marmalade movie.

i'm in the process of getting GITS movie now.
Old 2004-11-08, 07:06   Link #6
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust- some of the finest animation and action you'll ever see, and very original. A dunpeal (half vampire, half human) bounty hunter tracks a vampire to retrieve an abconded girl. Mutants and competing bounty hunters are thrown in his way, all of which very unique. The setting is creative as well. A great movie, I definitely consider it a must-own.

Ninja Scroll- Sets my standard for action anime. It's kinda old, yet still visually stunning. Ninja's with bizarre special techniques square off.

Read or Die- This is technically an OVA, but it's three episodes total packed together, so it's basically a movie for all intensive purposes in my book. A girl with the ability to control paper fights evil clones of historic geniuses over rare books. Needless to say, it's very original.

Blue Submarine #6- Again OVAs, but they recently released a DVD with all four in full. The world has been flooded by hostile mutants. A human pilot searchs for the meaning of the conflict while a world united of humanity prepares to make its last stand in the form of special submarines. I don't like the use of CG, but it's still my second favorite movie due to the fact thats it's deep and more importantly just incredibly well done.

Perfect Blue- A psycho-drama about a pop singer turned actress. How do you catch a crazed killer when you're going insane yourself? Probably the most mind-bending movie ever.

Akira- A classic. A teen tries to save his psychic friend from meddling scientists. The conflict grows from personal to Earth-threatening.

Beautiful Dreamer, the second Urusei Yatsura movie- This is a series movie, but I saw it before I saw any of the series and loved it, so you can probably do the same. There are a lot of characters and there's a lot to know about them, but you can piece together enough of it to make sense of the whole thing. Lum is Ataru's alien fiance. That's all you really need to know. Schoolchildren find themselves trapped in a bizarre happenstance (which they're very used to) and try to understand and cope with it. Though the series very similar to wacky comedy Ranma 1/2, made by the same creator (Rumiko Takahashi), it manages to be decently thought-provoking, with an interesting plot. Some nice philosephizing on dreams and time. It's also quite funny.
Old 2004-11-08, 09:13   Link #7
Tima
Konichiwa

I've aready seen Read or Die, Blue Submarine #6, and Beautiful Dreamer, the second Urusei Yatsura movie

I also saw the first 15 min. of Perfect Blue but it took so long for me just to get that much of the file off dc i kinda just gave up on it, but i'll definitly try and get it again, and look into the other movies you suggested.
Old 2004-11-10, 19:44   Link #8
Bloodrage256
Naruto Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Bloodrage256 Send a message via MSN to Bloodrage256
I'll Say:

Princess Mononoke- Great movie, I have seen in 4 times in 2 weeks...worth a watch or a few...Won't let you down.
Closed Thread