AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-19, 10:26   Link #48541
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Both sides has their point

The only way to write canon character as their canon self is either dry harem humor or went straight to dark deconstruction.

But that doesn't mean OOCness and unexplained canon violation is completely justified.

Best approach would be starting as canon self but gradually grew out of it, this is what I hope to achieve with Mirrorverse.
Old 2013-11-19, 17:19   Link #48542
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Regarding the gender issue... there's too many snakes in that barrel to try and stick your hand in and pinpoint which snake actually bit you.

It's always the vocal minority that ruin things for the quieter majority. In this case, the 'millions' of men who wish to return males to the dominant role again would be going against the 'billions' of men who just don't care or have their lives affected by the IS. One could say that the man of today's Japan are becoming increasingly weaker (literally and figuratively) and that IS is a weird prediction/case study of what would happen if females acquired the dominant role. We all know that Izuru is NOT interested in such things but an ambitious fanficcer could attempt it. Too bad that I haven't seen one address the issue in a way that is interesting to me.

Honestly, if I had to absolutely make an male OC, combat would be a very distant 3rd or 4th on his 'to learn' list. What would he be concentrating on - flying. Just simply flying.

I mean, Chifuyu inadvertently doomed the IS to being relegated to a combat sport unit and nothing more. How come surgeries aren't being performed using IS tech? The HyperSensor alone should help the surgeons by quite a bit. How about using IS for search and rescue operations? I mean, who REALLY decided that IS should just be used for combat like they are? It's a total waste. An inkling tells me Tabane has something to do with it but a combative setting is only one part of what makes an IS work like it does.
Old 2013-11-19, 18:03   Link #48543
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

THEN AGAIN, standing from Eras' standpoint... Have we ever seen any intra-gender conflict outside the ISA? Or even aside from canon implications for that matter? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but given what I've read from the LNs, I'd say some authors kinda blew the gender thingy out of proportion and beyond.

Still, I may have missed out something so please do correct me where need be.
Old 2013-11-19, 18:14   Link #48544
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Again and again, they are just for the overly-abused Harem. It would be quite interesting if, let say, a male teacher compete for the seat of ISA Headmaster with his female collague.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 19:53   Link #48545
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

On the issue of man woman thing, remember that Japan got hit the hardest, compared to sya, America.

also remember Japan has shitty population growth.

do the math, the government is running around like headless chicken in reality, in I.S. they like headless chicken on fire.

Ultrafeminist is no match for YAMATO DAMASHII + threat of extinction.

Thus the reason why "Men are slaves" is pretty much bullshit, especially with the youngest generations.

At worst they're just second rate citizen with limited access to high class service.

Filthy rich men in position give no shit either, I.S.A. are managed by a man for God's sake.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-11-19 at 20:04.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 20:17   Link #48546
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Wait, wait, the Headmaster is a Male?

Also, thinking about Kanzashi. Which way could she be better? I mean I could expand Houki or Cecilia, but not for Kanzashi.
Old 2013-11-19, 20:27   Link #48547
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Technically husband of the headmaster

But he's the one managing ISA instead of her, she's just there as a front.

REAL MEN works behind the curtain like a boss.

Kanzashi is okay character on her own, just need to focus on her is good enough.
Old 2013-11-19, 20:30   Link #48548
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

*Imagine Ichika doing the same in a larger scale*

Guys, I think that we've found another way for a non-IS Ichika. Making him change the world through political and enconomy power. Quite suit for a Korean-style drama, don't you think so?
Old 2013-11-19, 20:38   Link #48549
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You'll need to revamp his backstory

Where to start is important

And it'll be long, grueling story spanning for years.
Old 2013-11-19, 20:39   Link #48550
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Korean style drama....? Now that I think about it, I haven't had Korean food in a while.... #_#

The entire situation reminds me of Mai Otome - sad as it was ( I thought Sergay was an alright guy until he got screwed over). Only girls can be Otome but they can only be Otome when contracted and share their contractee's life. So if contracted by royalty or high borne nobles, you got a pretty snazzy life (except you were expected to STILL do household chores and also be the bodyguard of said contractee). In Sergay's case, he knew the girls that would later become two out of the five Pillars (strongest Otome) and one became the Principal. They'd even snark back and forth at meetings with other heads of state and no one could really do anything - it was awesome. SO mad they didn't develop it further... >.<

Hmmm, how can I re-write him ... Let's just say that if EITHER Josh or Iori were like Sergay in the same capacity, I'd ... actually rethink my stance on them ...
Old 2013-11-19, 20:40   Link #48551
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Let see... Disgusted by the unequality, Ichika Orimura decided to step in the political route as an activist... Something great and should be related to a war. Maybe stopping the War between France, Germany and England? Then he got his job in UN and slowly climbed to power by doing what a bastard would do: Manipulating the Girls. In the end, stripped of all power and influence, while knowing that he is going to die soon, Ichika found solace and forgivness on the Shinono Temple, in Houki's arms.

Mushy am I?
Old 2013-11-19, 20:40   Link #48552
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Like Lelouch? Probably. Though that might be OOC.
Old 2013-11-19, 20:48   Link #48553
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Miner, sometimes I think you're doing it on purpose

I'll summon Eras from the death lair of SB and sic him on you.
Old 2013-11-19, 20:55   Link #48554
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Tch... Maybe I am?

Also, what do you guys prided yourself over? For example, my twin brother has the ability to group up everyone ideas into a large batch, and still they are in harmony?
Old 2013-11-19, 21:45   Link #48555
Eratas123

I prefer to focus more on issues like morality and when one goes too far. Is it alright to kill a serial killer if you knew he'd never be kept in jail? Is using an innocent accomplice of someone guilty to take down said guilty person justifiable? If someone was an evil monster but they got amnesia and became good, is it better to kill him/her anyway just to be safe and make them pay for their crimes?
Old 2013-11-19, 22:07   Link #48556
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just like Confusian said: "What you do not want done to yourself, do not do on other". If you don't want to be kill, just don't kill people. But if people want to kill you, then you will have the choice to retaliate.

But of course, it could lead to many falsehood. So please remember another quote of him: "What the superior man seek is in himself. What the small man seek is in others.", and "If a man take no thought to the distant, he will find sorrow near his hand." In short, let yourself stand tall but also low. Carry yourself with Pride and Humble. And the foremost, Think before do anything. For example, there is this case in Vietnam this week: An 18 years-old nany stormed to the death to a crying infant, while that nany always have good reputation in that community. Without thinking, human are just beast.
Old 2013-11-19, 22:16   Link #48557
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Eratas: Is revenge good?
If the evil monster forgot and became good, why the need to kill him? It's a bit as if you kill an innocent, because he don't even remember his evils deeds.

Miner: I dont' see Ichika Orimura the block head, idiot and too kind person for his own sake doing this. But it's an idea to exploit...
Old 2013-11-19, 22:47   Link #48558
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I prided myself being capable to recognize technical details and extrapolate.

but not restricted to bullshit calcs like few people did. For example, kiloton laser and megaton OTH cannon in muvluv fandom.

In that way, I'm not as good as storyteller as most people here, but I can make power level consistent in story.
Old 2013-11-19, 22:49   Link #48559
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Tch... Maybe I am?

Also, what do you guys prided yourself over? For example, my twin brother has the ability to group up everyone ideas into a large batch, and still they are in harmony?
I pride myself in creating dark plots (but held on a leash by Zero) xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 23:03   Link #48560
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I pride myself in exploring possibilities in a universe as vaguely opem as the IS. Hence I try to go AU routes and see what else could happen outside canon view.

Then again, some of them may not make sense. :P

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest