AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 00:17   Link #261
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
There's a particular piece of bgm that always reminds me of Paranoia Agent. Am i the only one? It's the one they played this week when Mutta saw the snacks his mom left for him.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 11:53   Link #262
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I agree with you on this. If they were going to have extra applicants then it shouldn't have been such a big battle to get Mutta into this third exam. If they are going to separate people then it would make sense to have examiners in the closed environment. Sure, they can just monitor with cameras, but having real people there might give certain information.
Wouldn't the 8 real candidates think it odd that the 7 fake ones weren't part of the first 2 phases of the exam, but just showed up for the third?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:39   Link #263
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

ooh gawd this anime is heaven for miyuki sawashiro fans like me
Old 2012-06-04, 14:41   Link #264
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wouldn't the 8 real candidates think it odd that the 7 fake ones weren't part of the first 2 phases of the exam, but just showed up for the third?
Phase 2 could've been divided up into groups so not everyone came at the same time Mutta did. The fact that they need icebreakers to get to know each other supports this.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 22:31   Link #265
Nerroth
NePoi!

Episode 11; and if I'm not mistaken about one of the voices used,

Spoiler for Fate/Zero episode 23:

Also, I dunno if it's been noted before, but is it kind of odd that both Mutta's would-be love interest and his younger self are voiced by the same person?
Old 2012-06-09, 23:12   Link #266
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep11:
Old 2012-06-10, 02:48   Link #267
leokiko

Mutta knew the time because he saw it when he was getting off the bus. It was 2:01 AM if I'm not mistaken.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 03:51   Link #268
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

is that a watch in mutta left hand?
Old 2012-06-10, 08:19   Link #269
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Mutta knew the time because he saw it when he was getting off the bus. It was 2:01 AM if I'm not mistaken.
This is correct. Mutta wasn't allowed to carry cellphones and watches with him (that would be just stupid on part of examiners). Let's just hope the bus' watch wasn't set wrong, just like in our car. xD
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 08:24   Link #270
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Mutta wasn't allowed to carry cellphones and watches with him (that would be just stupid on part of examiners).
Go watch the scene again. You'll see the watch on his wrist when he says "there's no need for those calculations".

And no, no one said they couldn't carry watches or cellphones, so he didn't break any rule.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:36   Link #271
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Go watch the scene again. You'll see the watch on his wrist when he says "there's no need for those calculations".

And no, no one said they couldn't carry watches or cellphones, so he didn't break any rule.
Watch the scene in episode 10, around 9:50, where they were specifically asked to take off cell phones and watches before boarding the bus. The dark strap thingy around Mutta's hand is probably just a red herring for people not paying enough attention to the show.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:49   Link #272
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to agree the wristband is probably a red herring. It looks too thin to be a watch strap so is probably something else. Mutta does look at the clock on the bus before getting off, so bases his estimate on that.

Serika will have to wait for her breakfast...!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 08:59   Link #273
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Do you have Mutta-like powers of observation, or did you go back through the show to see how he knew what time it was? The clock definitely reads 2:01 (shown right after the OP), but it's such a small object within the frame that I'm surprised you noticed it while casually watching. But then, I'm old, so maybe I miss things now I might have noticed when I was younger.

I watched both 10 and 11 back-to-back last night; these were some of the best episodes in quite a while. I'm glad we're back in Japan.

I was a bit puzzled about how they were expected to rank the other candidates, especially since they had only met half of them an hour or two before. Did JAXA include little biographies of each candidate?

Serika's concerns about eating were cute to begin with, but the joke started getting a bit old after a while. I suspect it's going to be a running gag throughout the show, though.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 09:09   Link #274
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
But then, I'm old, so maybe I miss things now I might have noticed when I was younger.
Maybe I'm old too then. But something definitely didn't feel right about that scene while I was watching, so I promptly rewatched it after finishing the episode.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:20   Link #275
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

well too bad I thought it was a watch since the last scenes from this episode are focusing and closing up at mutta's left hand

(I thought he managed to sneak one unnoticed )
Old 2012-06-10, 09:23   Link #276
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

When Mutta said "none of this is neccessary", I figured it's because the answer was more straightforward and thus assumed Mutta must've seen a clock at some point so I tried to remember scenes where Mutta noticed something. Like cyth I also remembered that scene as being odd so I figured that must have been it. I was watching it on my mobile phone so I don't actually know if I would've noticed that clock the first time round though...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 10:13   Link #277
Utsuro no Hako

I'm betting the "watch" is some kind of health monitor and everyone got one as part of the uniform.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 10:22   Link #278
ookamigirl

Finally at the location of the third exam.
Interesting how they were all bothered by the small and seemingly insignificant things.
The crash video was interesting and left some of them in doubt.
Division into teams who live and work together will sure make things more interesting.
2 weeks of complete isolation.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 11:19   Link #279
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I was kind of expecting an isolation examination of some kind to be done in-show (given how it seems to be a staple of series tackling space training -- see Twin Spica and Planetes), and here we have it. Going to be an interesting next few weeks for our intrepid applicants, for sure.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:17   Link #280
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Maybe I'm old too then. But something definitely didn't feel right about that scene while I was watching, so I promptly rewatched it after finishing the episode.
That's what I did^

Kinda random when he looked back to the bus. I just paused there. And I checked the manga too, it happens like that, but it skips the part where Mutta looks back(it only happens when Mutta explains it, leaving no clue for the viewers to know how Mutta knows the time). The anime has been better than the manga so far.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-06-10 at 14:13.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen