AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 36 32.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 34.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-31, 15:06   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Now that I've actually watched the episode to its entirety after several interruption......, this was pretty good. I think KyoAni has finally figured it out how to work the comedy with these wonderful VA cast along with their superb ability to cut/edit to work out the scenes and deliver a good laugh as a result. I enjoyed this episode the most. I've to admit that I didn't think much about this show in the first two episodes. And what do you know, there is actually a story surfacing beneath the silliness. Poor girl, she was outcast to the point where she didn't even have any friends to exchange her phone/address until now. With Yuuta around, she is realizing all those things. This show is also an emphatic example of how to correctly do a theme about (to quote from another forum) "childhood and adolescence" in the format of fun-and-games and still leave plenty of room to deliver the intended story waiting in the back burner. coughlbcough cough cough
Old 2012-10-31, 15:34   Link #22
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

My Chuuni Cannot Be This Cute!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-10-31, 15:52   Link #23
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

My Chuuni Cannot Be This Cute!
I really need to hit her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
coughlbcough
Suspiciously sounding cough

Old 2012-10-31, 18:06   Link #24
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

I was watching the latest episode then my chest hurts, then my throat starts closing, then I'm sweating all over, then I can't even concentrate or breathe and I'm super dizzy. oh God this episode..

About Kumin, I believe she's deserving of the punishment she's received. I'm agree with Shinka, Kumin should act more like a senpai.

Yuuta's mom is definitely MILF material, grade A+.
Old 2012-10-31, 18:21   Link #25
ellessarr
Banned

amazing episode finally they starting to develop yuuta and rikka relationship and looks like the rebirth of the darkflame master gona happen "soon", it's only me or the designers have a big problem about characters size, sometimes rikka's looks same size of dekomonori sometimes a few bigger, sometimes shinka looks like bigger than yuuta sometimes same sizer and sometimes smaller, even rikka's siste on this episode when cross with yuuta looked at same size of him but in previous episodes she was bigger.
Old 2012-10-31, 18:23   Link #26
Seihai
スマイリウム

They were able to fit all the chars in this episode, even his dad (indirectly). This episode was pretty awesome in all ways this anime intends to focus on. It just keeps getting better after each episode, it's like magic!
Old 2012-10-31, 18:32   Link #27
pampz21
ShipCore

I like the email address of Yuuta and Rikka!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2012-10-31, 19:09   Link #28
ellessarr
Banned

after watch the subbed version, i think shinka gona leave the cheerleader club she starting to show she dislike this and inside of her she still want go back to her old self(being heavy influenced by her new friend dekomore), and prefer stay on the crazy club
Old 2012-10-31, 19:18   Link #29
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

It's been a while since I've really enjoyed an episode focused on helping a character pass a test/exam. This ep. did well, I liked the tricks Yuuta used on Rikka.

Nana-chan is a nice teacher, I would have loved having her as one of mine. (except in some cases...)

Dekomori...I thought she was a fairly smart girl, but didn't see her being at the top of her grade! Shinka seems doomed to never defeat her.

Yuuta's parents = win. Dad cheers from overseas~
Touka + Yumeha scene ~ AHHHHHHH!!!! I want to play real house with Touka-neesan!

A glimpse of the DFM!!!!!! That was legitimately cool. I wish I could get a protocol code bestowed upon me in a stylish manner like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
My Heart, oh My Heart...
Images
space
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Moe overload! Moe overload! This ep...all that Rikka...god that ending was just too much.

Well...can't wait till Yuuta or Rikka confesses to each other now. It will be quite something to behold.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:38   Link #30
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Dat Zero Voice is killing me.

PS: In case Anybody dont notice. Black Raison d'être is also name for Ed band

Old 2012-10-31, 19:53   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 05 - It's the Room of the Tyrant's Eye ~It's the Room of a Girl

Aw, no otherworldly elements for me to analyze this week. Though "Banishment, This World!" was bought out for a math test, which was highly amusing in itself. The story of how Rikka got the name for her band was also pretty cute. I think Shinka and Yuuta could serve to learn a lesson from Kumin here. There's a part of everybody that wants to be a hero, a unique person who can wow the world - sure, it's embarrassing on some level, but Sanae was having fun when she was toying around in the pool. The Genesis Effect was beautifully rendered, and seeing Rikka slide behind her in the background was cute.

Shinka still continues to be hilarious, though. She enables much of the comedy, being able to bounce off Rikka, Sanae and Kumin with equal proficiency. I'm sure there's a part of her that's enjoying all this, too. Now that the club is going to stay around, at least, I wonder what's going to happen to them next. I'm just hoping Kumin gets an episode for herself. I'm sure Rikka can delude up something about a plotline involving her going into the world of dreams or somesuch.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:57   Link #32
ellessarr
Banned

after rewatch the episode i noticed who the first clue about what caused rikka chuu-2, was showed, is something about her parents get divorced(based on what showed while rikkas sister playing with yuuta little sister), looks like rikka become "sick" because she see herself alone(parents divorce and her sister go live alone)
Old 2012-10-31, 20:22   Link #33
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
after rewatch the episode i noticed who the first clue about what caused rikka chuu-2, was showed, is something about her parents get divorced(based on what showed while rikkas sister playing with yuuta little sister), looks like rikka become "sick" because she see herself alone(parents divorce and her sister go live alone)
I can see the divorce is happend. thought i wonder if her chuuni is come from her parent?

I mean look at stuff that Rikka have at her room. No way he sister allow her to buy that. Pretty sure some of them are really expensive. So chance are it actually come from her parent.

Old 2012-10-31, 20:34   Link #34
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Yuuta is pretty smart if he made a 62 when the class average was 50.
Old 2012-10-31, 20:35   Link #35
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I can see the divorce is happend. thought i wonder if her chuuni is come from her parent?

I mean look at stuff that Rikka have at her room. No way he sister allow her to buy that. Pretty sure some of them are really expensive. So chance are it actually come from her parent.
yep something like her parents are unable to give her the attention she needed and only giving gifts(i dont need gifts i need a father and mother) making her start to thinng loneliness, and her sister start to live for herself after the divorce because maybe her mother promissed gona stay with then(if u take attention to what she said near end to yuuta little sister to not forget her promisse to stay with her forever after the divorce) but for some reason did not fullfil the promise this make rikka sister upset and gona live alone and after see her sister get sick(chuuniibyou)take rikka to live with her because she see the parents like the culprits.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-10-31 at 20:50.
Old 2012-10-31, 22:16   Link #36
whitecloud

that..i agree...in many cases when children are facing a shocking situation that they cannot comprehend or can comprehend but dont want to accept, they chose to escape from reality and do other thing to the the point of excessive to "divert" their attention; basically to help them forget...

that's why in such cases of broken home we see cases of delinquent, some running to drugs, rikka is just choosing the "better" route, indulging in hallucination without the actual use of drugs.

in any case, i suspect the ending of the story will be rikka closing her chuunibyou story or at least reduce it a lot with the help of yuuta as her emotional support as a replacement for her parent so expect a happy ending with maybe a ballsy confession from DARK FLAME MASTER that equal to fake confession from houtaro
Old 2012-10-31, 22:46   Link #37
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

There are so many scenes like this! Kumin (and everyone else) is way too cute.

Avatar version. I figured I might as well. Let me know if it's too big. I made it 99kB.
Old 2012-10-31, 22:53   Link #38
Serphirs

Simply KICK-ASS chapter. 11/10

Perfect, just that, since the Haruhi movie, that I don't enjoy so much a chapter from Kyoani, even considering Nichijou or Hyouka.
I always felt that Ishihara knows perfectly how to develop the emotional scenes, how to construct the environment to make it works superbly. That "contrast" between the vain comedy and drama, the way he handles the "times" of the development of the characters, their interactions and messages between lines.
Nostalgically good directed, gave a lot of "Clannad/Kanon/Air" vibes. By far, what I thank them the most, is that "animation" & "direction" concepts works together in order to reach that hard pedestal of make the audience feel empathy with character feelings. They don't travel in their own rail as commonly see it.

Keep it up! And Chu2byo will probably be one of those memorables series.

pd: Sry if my english is weird.
Old 2012-10-31, 23:03   Link #39
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I gave this episode a 9. I thought it was the best one yet. I loved the chemistry between Rikka and Yuuta. More importantly, it gave me what I've been looking for-- a brief glimpse as Rikka without the persona, as a normal girl. Now I can rest easy that she's not totally insane. :P

And that smile at the end. Hnnnnnngh!

It did lose a point due to Dekomori. I just can't stand her character.

My own theory on Rikka is that her parents possibly died, which is why she lives with her sister. The "Horizon" she's looking for is the afterlife, where she can find them again. Though something like neglect or divorce is possible, as well. She could just come from a rich family that doesn't really care about her and just bought that stuff to shut her up.
Old 2012-10-31, 23:37   Link #40
ChronoReverse

Well, there's clearly something up with the flower family anyway, one of the sequences of the OP show a group photo of them when young so there must be some significance in there.
Closed Thread