AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-27, 09:58   Link #3841
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Playing Senran Kagura Shinovi versus (Psvita)

(Lots of Vita Entry but don't worry, 3DS games coming up)

Speaking of Vita games......

*Age looked at his PSvita library: Monster Monpiece, DOA, Senran Kagura, Dragon Crown*

Crap.... Now it look like I am some pervert who like big Boob.....

(Just joking, I got Soul Sacrifice and Raganrok Odyssey Ace in the Library so I am probably fine.)
Old 2013-09-28, 00:22   Link #3842
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...right, I think I'm a masochist.

PSP: On the PSP, I'm playing not one, not two, but three Japanese games. Mostly in moonrunes. Warship Gunner 2 Portable, Super Robot Wars Z2: Destruction Chapter, and Shining Blade.

What was I thinking?

WG2P is being played through my memories of playing Warship Gunner 2 on my PS2. That was about 4 years ago, so I'm totally running off memory here... and learning to brute force recognise kanji and the symbols for anti-air, anti-surface, etc. (Why couldn't they have used the DD, BB, CA instead of goeikan, senkan, junyokan...)

SRW Z2: HH has a partial translation for the attacks and commands, so that's helpful. Story is still majorly untranslated though.

Shining Blade... I have no idea what's going on, beyond it seems to have some vague connection to Shining Hearts, and this time there's actually a justification for how the characters look all alike, because they're travelling between worlds; Sakuya, for instance, went by the name Maxima Enfield while in the Shining Hearts world. @__@

On the PC, World of Tanks, which is pretty much my usual thing, especially with the weekend event that's ongoing.

And on the iPad, I'm taking a break from Shiny Festa Harmonic Score to play Boom Tanks.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 02:05   Link #3843
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Right now playing THE iDOLM@STER SHINY TV(PS3), Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND(PS3), and End of Eternity aka Resonance of Fate(PS3). Started playing Blazblue again to get ready for Chrono Phantasma.

Also waiting on the Tales of Symphonia Unison pack coming out next week.
Old 2013-10-02, 13:09   Link #3844
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

3ds - Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl
comments: got it yesterday. the game play very similar to 4. i'm kinda a little confuse with
the grimoire system for the time being. maybe they're explain more detail later. i like the Raquna's
character; she's awesome and tanky and red hair and rich and....so on. :P
gonna be playing this game till Disgaea D2 comes out next week.
Old 2013-10-02, 13:53   Link #3845
Marulash

Rune Factory 4 for 3DS. Just got it a few hours ago. Really enjoying it. So far I think it's as good as 3 (maybe a little bit better). Dialogue with NPC's are pretty nice, and farming and combat are good as usual.
Marulash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:21   Link #3846
Dextro
He Without a Title

Persona 3 Portable - I've had this one on my todo list for way too long and recently I've been missing a bit of persona in my life. It's a bit too soon to do a second playthrough on Persona 4: Golden so I'll tackle the FeMC on P3P.
Old 2013-10-02, 17:35   Link #3847
T-6000

Lately I've been playing alot of Left 4 Dead 2, trying out all sorts of different weapons mods. As much as I like Valve's game and gameplay designs, the feel of their weapons (Especially in the Half-Life 2 and Left 4 Dead games) leave alot to be desired. Thank goodness they had more than enough senses to release SKUs and Mod Tools for their games (unlike "other" stuck up and snobbish developers), otherwise I would have grown bored of Left 4 Dead 2 already. But with the new Counterstrike GO game they released last year, I felt that they finally got it right with the look and feel of the weapons. If a Left 4 Dead 3 is made I hope they incorporate some of the CSGO weapons.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:44   Link #3848
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I am currently playing Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3) , I just completed the Easy Fare mission .
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 00:47   Link #3849
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

ps3 - Disgaea D2
comments: beat the game (story mode) in 28 hrs. I just got Valvatore as a playable character and is now
leveling Laharl chan (lv.2100), my galaxy mage (she is killing everything. lv 3000+) and Val (lv.2000).
they're all doing good so far with leveling, but i'll need to find some better weapons for them and
level them up in the item world. I also need to steal some pirate ships; the ones I gotten can
only go up to floor 60. need the ones that can go to floor 100.

most of the changes are very nice. I like how I can change the enemies strength or
how much exp (up to 500% so far I gotten) by just adjusting it through the cheat shop.
and passing bills are easy as pie. if you fail, you only need to pay around 5 mil HL (Cave of Ordeal).
I gotten around 200 million HL now, so I don't really need any more money for the time being.
probably going to need it later for the LoC items; the prices there will probably go nuts.

that's all I got for now. will be playing this game for awhile until I get my guys to level 9999 and stuffs.
P.S.: thanks NIS for giving my game super early. it was a fun weekend going through D2. 9/10 pts.!
Old 2013-10-07, 01:58   Link #3850
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Finally got the Platinum Trophies for Tales of Xillia, No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition... so I figured I'd move on to either Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots or Zone of the Enders HD Edition... but instead I'll start to work for the Platinum of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 until Friday, when I plan to pick up Killer is Dead and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX.

360: Got 2 more achievements in Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, then I plan to pick up the Mass Effect Trilogy on Friday and start that over again... only made it halfway through Mass Effect 2 last time...

3DS: Still working on Animal Crossing: New Leaf, though with the house fully paid off... it's mostly maintenance now. Probably be playing that until Pokemon Y comes out this weekend.
Old 2013-10-07, 05:22   Link #3851
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

PSP: Restarting Persona 3 Portable. I've decided that I want to try and finish this game, after three years and never getting past the first exams.

PS2: Using an emulator, I've decided to restart Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. I've a feeling I'm going to end up with the callsign Piranha, lol. (There's just so many creative ways of killing KGB and GRU troops. )

PC: Have acqurired Record of Agarest War for the PC. Starting the game with DLC is... kinda OP. ^_^;;

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-12, 16:50   Link #3852
Dextro
He Without a Title

Thanks to the current EA sale over at GOG I got back into Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Yes, I could have gotten up to pick up my original CD and waste a couple of hours to get them working but for less than 3 bucks I think I can afford to be a bit lazy
Old 2013-10-12, 21:19   Link #3853
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Re-bought Giants: Citizen Kabuto over at GOG. Finished marathoning it just now.

Great, great game, one of those gems from the PC golden age nobody remembers anymore. Too bad the story and humor declined as the game went on. Could have used more development time -- the first third of the game where all the cutscenes were was bloody hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Thanks to the current EA sale over at GOG I got back into Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Yes, I could have gotten up to pick up my original CD and waste a couple of hours to get them working but for less than 3 bucks I think I can afford to be a bit lazy
My GOG library is almost as big as my Steam library by now. Best anti-piracy measure ever.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 20:11   Link #3854
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Just acquired Crysis 2 on sale for 75% off. Having beat Alan Wake, it's time to start this one
Old 2013-10-15, 00:30   Link #3855
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Just acquired Crysis 2 on sale for 75% off. Having beat Alan Wake, it's time to start this one
You'll love it, it's pretty good. Almost every approach is viable.

For the final mission, make sure you pick up a Gauss Rifle and you have a SCAR with the underbarrel gauss. The Gauss Rifle and the underbarrel share the same ammo, so you get extra ammo, and since you can reload teh underbarrel from ammo boxes, this means that you've got a fuckload more Gauss Rifle ammo. (Sadly short of console spawn - if such a thing is even possible, you can only really do this on the final level.)

As for me, on the PC, I'm playing Warframe. It's actually pretty darned fun, the starter Lato pistol is great if you treat it like a semiauto rifle (fuck, it is a semiauto rifle in pistol form), and the Braton's decent, and if you know what you're doing, you can get everything in the game from grinding without spending platinum. And it is awesome.

It's even more epic if I have Gurren no Yumiya playing. Attack on Grineer, ho!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 05:47   Link #3856
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Doesn't really count as 'currently' playing since I just beat it, but... Played the first episode of The Wolf Among Us this morning. It's an excellent game. Waiting for the next episodes will be absolute torture!
Old 2013-10-16, 11:47   Link #3857
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Started up Tales of Symphonia Unisonant pack(PS3). Starting off with the original Symphonia. Brings back memories being that it was the first Tales game I played.

Also finished my first playthrough of Eiyuu*Senki(PS3). I've also been trying to finish up Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend(PS3). The Unlimited Mars mode is killing me...orz

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2013-10-27 at 15:43.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 11:57   Link #3858
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Playing Valhalla Knights 3 on PSV
Old 2013-10-17, 04:48   Link #3859
T-6000

After not playing for several months, I decided to give Warface another try. It didn't go off to a good start, since when I logged into my account I had to start a new character from scratch. My last character I had ranked up and unlocked a few weapons, completely gone for some reason. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't loose my weapons I had unlocked. Thankfully I unlocked them through in game currency but had I spent money to unlock them I would have been very angry. And this alone would make me very hesitant to invest any money into this game. Gameplay wise, it's fairly solid and the weapons do feel good and satisfying. The grinding isn't as bad as before since you now earn more money if you are at a higher rank and play more difficult missions. But my main gripe is that matchmaking really needs work. It's tedious to have to wait to get enough players to play a mission (and on more than one occasion I had to wait roughly half an hour for enough people to join). The other problem is that there isn't a wole lot of variety with he missions. Regular and Skilled missions change every day (but it's the same mission throughout the day) but the initiation levels so far haven't changed. Sometimes I like to just chill and play a not so serious session, to have fun (and maybe even try a new weapon I unlocked).

These concerns have to be addressed before the game leaves beta, otherwise I can't see myself coming back to this game. Maybe I'll play through it once in a great while, but definitely not on a regular basis. If Crytech keeps insisting that the future of the PC will be Free to Play, then they will have to do a better job. Warface shows alot of promise and has the potential to be a good game, but it really needs alot of work.

I'm thinking about trying out another F2P game, Warframe. Otherwise, more Left 4 Dead 2 & Skyrim for me.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 10:22   Link #3860
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I'm thinking about trying out another F2P game, Warframe. Otherwise, more Left 4 Dead 2 & Skyrim for me.
Excellent choice of games. having played both, they are excellent games in many respects. For added amusement, I modded my Left 4 Dead 2 so that the survivors are the Houkago Tea-Time girls from K-On!

I actually did drop by to say that I've picked up Deer Hunter 2014 for iPad, and it is amazing, improving on gameplay from Deer Hunter Reloaded.