AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 03:31   Link #841
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Really? That sounds pretty cool. Maybe it's something like Luffy/Kuririn or Ace/Piccolo talking together. Same voices ftw.
While Ace/Piccolo team up hasn't happened (yet) Luffy/Kuririn has (I believe it was the first team up shown)
Old 2009-07-22, 07:17   Link #842
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Really? That sounds pretty cool. Maybe it's something like Luffy/Kuririn or Ace/Piccolo talking together. Same voices ftw.
Ooh, I didn't know that (probably because I don't watch One Piece), that's interesting
---
If I recall correctly, the Namek saga has ALOT of filler, I'm really looking forward to see how fast and how nicely it goes without them. But I wonder if they're gonna keep the parts where they explain things like super saiyan, I remember it was longer than necessary but it was still interesting and maybe still relevant, though i don't really remember. Is Goku doing Kamehameha on the sun or some star a filler btw? that was just silly, might as well have shown him doing kamehameha to open a soda can, imo that would be funny but that's just me
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 08:14   Link #843
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
While Ace/Piccolo team up hasn't happened (yet) Luffy/Kuririn has (I believe it was the first team up shown)
Wow so it really happened, awesome. Dragonball and One Piece have so much in common, starting with the authors' friendship, so it's great that they have such an eyecatch for both shows. Ace/Piccolo would be even cooler, hope we get to see it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 09:04   Link #844
Lil' Wayne

Oh god. Please, please Akira Toriyama for the love of god please keep the filler where Piccolo and Goku go to driving school.
Lil' Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 09:44   Link #845
Vicious108

I doubt it is Akira Toriyama who gets to choose what is kept in Kai and what is not... there has already been filler kept in Kai after all.

And the driving episode is a classic yes, but I doubt we'll be seeing it again. I don't mind too much, since, being entirely filler, it was done perfectly in Z.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:52   Link #846
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And the driving episode is a classic yes, but I doubt we'll be seeing it again. I don't mind too much, since, being entirely filler, it was done perfectly in Z.
Indeed. It's one funny as hell filler, though it's not like we need to see it in Kai.

Anyone i keep seeing 50 episode total for Kai, and that's around the time the Frieza arc will end. I'm guessing they're splitting the series in two, maybe three?
Old 2009-07-22, 11:21   Link #847
Vicious108

Yeah that's what MyAnimeList says and I thought it was strange too. Gotta wonder if it's actually confirmed by a reliable source or not.

If it is indeed true, then we should indeed expected Kai 2, cause I can't imagine they'd simply stop this big project after the Frieza arc.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:40   Link #848
Blaat

Actually I've been wondering the same thing especially because the DVDs kind of confirms the 50 episode total: every DVD has three episodes, except for the final one which only has two episodes ending the entire show perfectly at episode 50. Considering this is the Toriyama's cut and Toriyama originally wanted the series to end after the Frieza fight... so maybe Kai will end of the Frieza's saga?

Then again I also agree with Endless Twilight this show is too big to end this early.
Old 2009-07-22, 16:15   Link #849
GDB

I recall when animenewsnetwork posted up the announcement of Dragonball Kai, it said 100 episodes. Not "around 100 episodes", but very specifically 100 episodes. I'm going with that as the episode count.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 16:20   Link #850
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I recall when animenewsnetwork posted up the announcement of Dragonball Kai, it said 100 episodes. Not "around 100 episodes", but very specifically 100 episodes. I'm going with that as the episode count.
I believe that was never official though, it was just something Toei said at the time. & like Blaat said, the DVD count adds upto 50 episodes.
Old 2009-07-22, 16:45   Link #851
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I believe that was never official though, it was just something Toei said at the time. & like Blaat said, the DVD count adds upto 50 episodes.
Then maybe we'll have another season of sorts? We'll see but I doubt they would leave the Cell arc out, that's one of the best arcs.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 18:33   Link #852
Vicious108

Well, maybe like Blaat said, since this is being called Toriyama's Cut, they'll go ahead and end it where Toriyama initially intended to finish the series...
Old 2009-07-22, 18:46   Link #853
GDB

But they aren't redoing the series, so there really isn't anywhere in that area to just end it without making it obvious that it isn't supposed to end there.

Spoiler for Goku / Frieza-Namek Saga Spoilers?:

Spoiler for Possible Trunks / Cell Spoilers?:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 03:38   Link #854
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just because it doesn't seem like an ending after the Frieza arc doesn't mean they can't end it there. We've seen cliffhanger endings plenty of times, so it's not like it can't happen here.

Also it hasn't been mentioned yet if we'll get another series or not for the following arcs.
Old 2009-07-23, 04:49   Link #855
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But they aren't redoing the series, so there really isn't anywhere in that area to just end it without making it obvious that it isn't supposed to end there.

Spoiler for Goku / Frieza-Namek Saga Spoilers?:
Spoiler for Just in case:

Now that I'm done with playing Devil's advocate, I do want to point out that episode 50 will air in April which is still 9 months away. So maybe they haven't planned Dragon ball Kai beyond episode 50 because it's simply too far away and the DVDs (so far) end at episode 50 because it is the perfect fit for the Frieza saga box set. At least that is what I'm hoping.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:34   Link #856
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Speaking of new footages, have they made any? Basically everything so far has been upgraded but I haven't really recognized any new. I was kind of disappointed the genki dama looked the same (except for when Vegeta gets hit, that's awesome), either that or I need to watch it again. It's used quite a few times, so I kind of expected some insane huge super glowing pulsating seizure-inducing and sparkling ball coming my way

I was also surprised to see they still left the "!!" coming from Vegeta as he saw the genki dama
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 11:44   Link #857
DragonOfTheWest

Its Good To see them remaster dbz i watched it when i was a kid and it was the first thing to expose me to anime and all this type of media so THANK YOU DBZ : D
DragonOfTheWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 12:56   Link #858
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler for Just in case:

Now that I'm done with playing Devil's advocate, I do want to point out that episode 50 will air in April which is still 9 months away. So maybe they haven't planned Dragon ball Kai beyond episode 50 because it's simply too far away and the DVDs (so far) end at episode 50 because it is the perfect fit for the Frieza saga box set. At least that is what I'm hoping.
Ah I see, to end it like that would make sense but I would be very disappointed to see the Cell arc excluded. Damn, I really want to see SS2 Gohan and his massive Kamehameha wave

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-23, 17:39   Link #859
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Ah I see, to end it like that would make sense but I would be very disappointed to see the Cell arc excluded. Damn, I really want to see SS2 Gohan and his massive Kamehameha wave
Relax. People are only speculating that it is going to end at episode 50 just because that is the current episode count for the DVD releases. It's very possible/probable that Toei still has yet to decide how they're going to do the Cell and Buu arcs, which could very well be the reason why they don't have a definitive episode count that encompasses those two arcs as of now.
Old 2009-07-23, 22:47   Link #860
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Relax. People are only speculating that it is going to end at episode 50 just because that is the current episode count for the DVD releases. It's very possible/probable that Toei still has yet to decide how they're going to do the Cell and Buu arcs, which could very well be the reason why they don't have a definitive episode count that encompasses those two arcs as of now.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that there will be only 50 episodes. I was just expressing how disappointed I would be if that were the case. I do believe myself that they'll end up finishing this whole series.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"