AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 17:29   Link #1741
kitten320

I have finally watched the first 9 episode of this new release and I'm actually enjoying it.

This version goes straight to the point instead of playing around for ages. It took me a while until original series finally got my full attention while here they have it from the start.

Yes some things are missed and rushed but they still cover the main points and give an over all idea.

Some scenes were done better here while some better in old version. You can;t expect them to be equal especially since so far it is a recap.

Let's remember FMA: Brotherhood series. First 10 recap episodes were meh, I was very tempted to drop it all together after episode 2.

Problem with HxH is that there is a lot of recap material. But so far everything is done pretty decent. Did not read the manga so can't compare but in comparison to original series it is not that bad.

My real judgement will be done when I'll reach Phantom arc which is one of the best anime arcs I've seen so far.
Old 2012-09-01, 23:32   Link #1742
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

finally it was a long wait, the episode managed to keep a great feel of tension thats on par any good mystery anime, this series keeps amazing me since this arc started, and more amazed how they have been broadcasting this anime at sunday morning with this content, not that i have a problem with that.
Old 2012-09-02, 01:28   Link #1743
Albafica
Pisces no saint

So the big fight will start at episode 47 no? If we look at the preview of episode 46...
About episode 45, it was an ok episode.

I think that they extend some moments, but well...
Nothing more to say. Ah the place where Kurapika and Hisoka meet isn't the same in manga/previous anime but it's cool too.
Old 2012-09-02, 01:30   Link #1744
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

45 came out and geez, is the guy the Hulk or something? Busting all those chains and metal restraints like paper.

Love the part where he use his head to pop the metal panel, holding door.
Old 2012-09-02, 01:50   Link #1745
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

that Hisoka will betray his group just to fight someone strong lol what a PsychoPath dude Hisoka is
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 01:51   Link #1746
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Great atmospherics this week. I loved the dialogue-free scene where Kurapika is out in the hallway, and Melody comes out and stares at him. He gives her what I can only describe as a heartbreaking smile - a clue that his soul hasn't totally been consumed by hate yet.

The other great scene is the one between Hisoka and Chrollo "Up to some mischief? But of course!" leading to that scene with Kurapika at the fabulously creepy derelict amusement park. Hisoka in all his perverted, creepy glory.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 04:25   Link #1747
whitecloud

and here i thought a huge fight gonna unravel...so two or three episode after this?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 05:40   Link #1748
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If we're lucky, they'll brush the start of the fight near the end of the next episode.

By the way, has it been mentioned that that Plot Armor is a very rare commodity in this story?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 06:16   Link #1749
SHINOBI-03

Comparison is coming up, but first a correction in episode 42 comparison:

Spoiler for Before:

Spoiler for After:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 06:26   Link #1750
ookamigirl

Kurapika has started his revenge.
Owl is an interesting one.
His ability explains how the treasure vanished and no one could figure out how.
Interrogating Uvo was kinda easy, but that's just probably 'cause he had the upper hand.
Things are getting interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 06:41   Link #1751
chikkychappy

i cannot wait for the comparisons. HAHA.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 06:58   Link #1752
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 45-

Spoiler for Part 1:

Spoiler for Part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:51   Link #1753
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To be fair, I don't recall everything 100%, but "Chain bastard" was used a lot in other versions too right?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:56   Link #1754
Taivasvaeltaja

Terrible idea to use the flute medoly outside of Melody actually playing the flute.
Taivasvaeltaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 10:30   Link #1755
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If we're lucky, they'll brush the start of the fight near the end of the next episode.

By the way, has it been mentioned that that Plot Armor is a very rare commodity in this story?
Plot armor is practically nonexistent in this show. Still reeling over the death of Baise. *sniff*
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:45   Link #1756
Ishe

I liked the addition showing how the spiders found where Kurapica's group was. Considering they knew nothing about them, finding them that quickly was really odd in the other versions. But, finding a mafia base made more sense.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:50   Link #1757
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taivasvaeltaja View Post
Terrible idea to use the flute medoly outside of Melody actually playing the flute.
Actually, I thought that since Melody was effectively doing the same thing for Kurapika in that scene as she did when she played that melody, I thought it was rather fitting.

We should be seeing Gon, Killua and Leorio next week even if there's no anime-original scenes, shouldn't we?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:53   Link #1758
Kmos

I liked the MH filler in this epi, extended Injuu scenes and small reveals of Ryodan. I didn't get the sense of Kurapika's attachment to his group in the manga, thought he was just using them and wasn't fazed by the death of those 3 in the first auction. Maybe remembering wrong or got the wrong impression. The only obvious bond formed was with Senritsu.

Yea, the flute melody threw me off too. So did the ganguro? Hunterpedia, some wacky stuff there. Can't wait for next epi.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:17   Link #1759
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

@Even as a fugly, Pakunoda is still a woman

Opposite for me, I find her unique and appealing (in an anime sense).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Plot armor is practically nonexistent in this show. Still reeling over the death of Baise. *sniff*
Them boobz
Old 2012-09-02, 12:46   Link #1760
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
I liked the addition showing how the spiders found where Kurapica's group was. Considering they knew nothing about them, finding them that quickly was really odd in the other versions. But, finding a mafia base made more sense.
The exact same kind of thing was implied in the manga. They just didn't show it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03
Phinks' pharaoh hat finally make an appearance…
I find the addition of Finks' hat kind of weird. In the manga he started out wearing that hat, so seeing him hatless was his "disguise". Now it seems like he had no disguise and then started wearing a weird hat for no reason. Especially weird because Togashi pretty quickly discards that costume design and has him dress normally for the rest of the arc. It would've made more sense to forget the hat completely and give him a different "disguise".
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen