Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 07:37   Link #2621
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Finally, the long awaited episode
Biscuit turned into Kenshiro, and it must be literally "YOU ARE SHOCK!!" for Bara
Spoiler for priceless:

While I felt the pacing in this episode a bit faster compared to the old OVAs, I like how the fight animation was handled, especially Killua's yo-yo.

Judging from the next episode preview, it seems Gon's fight against Genthru will be shorter (or paced faster) as well.
YOU WA SHOCK!!! Haha that got a good laugh out of me, I was reminded more of JoJo with MH character designs just because he's more relevant atm but now whenever I watch Bisky's scene I hear that OP XD
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 07:54   Link #2622
ookamigirl

Lots of strategies.
It's getting harder to predict everyone's moves.
Genthru was being a pain again.
Gon vs Genthru. I was surprised he was that weak even after all that training.
Bisky was a pleasant surprise. Never saw that one coming.
Killua was doing rather well in his fight, but that's kinda expected.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 08:30   Link #2623
garbage

nice killua yoyo fight there.makes me more excited for the non-animated future chapters whoa can't wait....
Old 2013-03-31, 09:10   Link #2624
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It reminded me of a certain character from Arakawa Under The Bridge.

But damn that episode was awesome. Especially loved Killua's yo-yo-jitsu. XD
They pretty much all are, that's the thing. To maintain this level of quality with this consistency over 70+ episodes almost defies belief.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:25   Link #2625
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I want a a 50kg yo-yo! Biske's true form is awesome, though i see why she likes being a loli. Well Gon was himself.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:30   Link #2626
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I want a a 50kg yo-yo!
Honestly, I'm more impressed by the string.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 19:52   Link #2627
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Gon vs Genthru. I was surprised he was that weak even after all that training.
Gon and Killua are very strong, actually. It's been noted throughout the series that they progress incredibly in learning Nen, especially at their age. In their state right now, they can rival the veterans (like Tsezguerra and Razor for example), but then again, they're still new learners. They still have much to learn, but they're very good at what they've already learned.

While they have strong basics, what they lack right now is the actual combat experience. That's why Biscuit wants to train them (and pit them against Binolt) and hence why Gon is amazed about how Genthru instantly realized that someone has told Gon about his abilities.
Old 2013-03-31, 20:47   Link #2628
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
What sucks is that they covered half of the manga chapters already,and Togashi is still on Hiatus :/
Just think of the manga as "already ended". Besides a tiny bit of teaser preview with new content in the very last chapter, he has already resolved every single story line featuring the main characters that couldn't be put out into a very far future...

P.S. Biscuit JoJo is really funny!
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 04:38   Link #2629
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

funny that people are just getting the references in hunter x hunter, i mean, kastro vs hisoka was very FOTNS, in a lot of ways, starting for kastro himself, not to mention that the bomber its very similar to the character in FMA who shares its nickname.
Old 2013-04-01, 13:40   Link #2630
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
funny that people are just getting the references in hunter x hunter, i mean, kastro vs hisoka was very FOTNS, in a lot of ways, starting for kastro himself, not to mention that the bomber its very similar to the character in FMA who shares its nickname.
Well, a lot of references are references to HxH, not the opposite (though obviously DB and Fotns are earlier work than HxH).
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:16   Link #2631
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't watch FOTNS and many other shounen series so I don't get all the references I only knew Kenshiro and the infamous "you are shock" OP -->> that's the first thing crossed my mind when seeing Bara's reaction to Biscuit's transformation, hence why I brought it up.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:34   Link #2632
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

New ED coming - details presumably in this week's WSJ.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 08:59   Link #2633
Salce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
New ED coming - details presumably in this week's WSJ.
But no new opening in sight

Meh, I should have expected this. But for some reason I was hoping there will be a new opening for CA arc.
Salce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 11:46   Link #2634
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Good episode, so much coordination between the friends. I love how Gon Team abuse all the resources available and lure them in. Gon good nature to fight fairly is the only reason that it keep this semi Shounen XD
Old 2013-04-02, 16:04   Link #2635
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salce View Post
But no new opening in sight

Meh, I should have expected this. But for some reason I was hoping there will be a new opening for CA arc.
If keeping the same opening song is the trade off to the insane quality the show has had from the start then by all means keep it for the entire run. Madhouse has been doing a great job on this show even if they've been skimping on the OPs.
Old 2013-04-03, 00:30   Link #2636
whitecloud

Killua seems to be learning from Joseph joe star...while biscuit just goes the hulk on the poor guy..haha fist of north star one hit kill
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 04:04   Link #2637
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Well, a lot of references are references to HxH, not the opposite (though obviously DB and Fotns are earlier work than HxH).
the thing is togashi himself had pointed a lot of those references.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:13   Link #2638
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Anyone fill me in why Togashi breaks will sometime bring up "Dragon Quest". I have not played DQ, so please inform me why people lol about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Killua seems to be learning from Joseph joe star...while biscuit just goes the hulk on the poor guy..haha fist of north star one hit kill
I have not seem anything related to Joseph Joe Star, but if Killua was referencing him and went balls deep all out and show us how badass Killua is, than I might look into Joe Star. Any recommendations?

Quote:
the thing is togashi himself had pointed a lot of those references.
Funny, isn't it? Naruto/Bleach/etc are making references here and there. Back in the day, Togashi was like that to, I guess. :>
Old 2013-04-03, 22:36   Link #2639
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
<snip>I have not seem anything related to Joseph Joe Star, but if Killua was referencing him and went balls deep all out and show us how badass Killua is, than I might look into Joe Star. Any recommendations?<snip>
H*ll yeah! The current JoJo's Bizzare Adventure is fun! Killua just doesn't compare to Joseph. Joseph's smarter. Killua is playing it safe. Joseph goes all out. Killua wouldn't do half the stuff that Joseph does.
Old 2013-04-04, 02:28   Link #2640
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Anyone fill me in why Togashi breaks will sometime bring up "Dragon Quest". I have not played DQ, so please inform me why people lol about it.
well I don't know any specific particular reason why people would be Lolling about DQ. It's probably a lot of different reasons. DragonQuest is one of the Most popular RPG game series in Japan, in the vein of Final Fantasy. So a lot of people has "history" or "memories" associated with it. I myself have played a couple of DQ in original Japanese

It apparently is Togashi's favorite game. A lot of Animes & other games have been influenced by DQ, like Maoyuu, & the shortee Senyuu for example.

Tags
action, shounen