AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 13:15   Link #10621
Kurohane

^Avvesione, what was the Needless History article about?
Old 2013-07-01, 22:23   Link #10622
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^Avvesione, what was the Needless History article about?
The Needless History article was a timeline of major milestones for Needless. It had when 1.5 came out, when it debuted in Ultra Jump, when the drama CDs came out, when Needless Zero II came out, the anime which seemed to focus on the ED, the St. Lily specials and the small amounts of merchandise, Chapter 100 and then Chapter 114. Really, for anyone who's been following Needless for a while, it wasn't too much and more of a recap of everything that's happened in the Needless franchise.

Also, as I mentioned previously, I did finish my post on Needless 114. It's been a while since I wrote about it and it used to be my favorite thing to write about but... just got a bit too busy this previous year. Anyway, here's the link to my post on Needless 114:

http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2013/...er-114-finale/

Hope you enjoy!!
Old 2013-07-02, 22:24   Link #10623
Shadow5YA

Hahaha

Blade changed the world to where all girls are naked with kneesocks.

This is amazing
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:20   Link #10624
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hahaha

Blade changed the world to where all girls are naked with kneesocks.

This is amazing
Didnt he like gloves too, and if these guys try to purposefully try to keep Cruz from turning back into man again, I'll have to try to put myself into the story and beat the ever Loving **i* out of them.
wcthesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 08:20   Link #10625
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcthesecret View Post
Didnt he like gloves too, and if these guys try to purposefully try to keep Cruz from turning back into man again, I'll have to try to put myself into the story and beat the ever Loving **i* out of them.
Yup. The text implies the previous trend was "naked with gloves", both of which are now considered ancient traditional Japanese fashions. Best world ever, if you're a guy.

Cruz will never be a male again. The author's afterward basically says as much, he even apologizes to the "he was better as a trap" fans. He also gives a reason, somewhat, of why the final chapters seemed so rushed. Basically he's been doing this for ten years, got a lot of health issues and such, and is just exhausted. So he's taking a break from Needless, resting up, doing another serialization, and then he'll return to the story. We'll all be much older when that finishes, heh.

It would be funny if Cruz was a reverse trap in Needless 2 though. That would be quite the troll.

All things considered, I really enjoyed Needless. I once ranted to someone about how stupid it was, and it is, the story is completely silly. Yet somehow I got sucked up into it too, and it was a great ride, especially discussing and speculating chapters with everyone over the years. Time flies, I suppose.

I wish we had more male protagonists like Blade in today's anime/manga. Not enough characters like him anymore....he's almost like a relic of the past compared to what passes for male protagonists today.
Old 2013-07-03, 08:31   Link #10626
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Cruz will never be a male again. The author's afterward basically says as much, he even apologizes to the "he was better as a trap" fans. He also gives a reason, somewhat, of why the final chapters seemed so rushed. Basically he's been doing this for ten years, got a lot of health issues and such, and is just exhausted. So he's taking a break from Needless, resting up, doing another serialization, and then he'll return to the story. We'll all be much older when that finishes, heh.
Did you translate this from his letter in the latest issue?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 08:36   Link #10627
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The chapter is out and translated, the translator did the afterword (the one with a sketch of Cruz in a bikini that Avy was asking about) as well.
Old 2013-07-03, 08:40   Link #10628
erapath

Needless had absolutely ended for me.
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 09:48   Link #10629
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Turning Blade into a girl was pretty much the only way to protect Yamada's chastity... Can you imagine what would happen to her if blade remained a guy? Even as a trap he was assaulted nightly by Adam and Disk nightly but as a girl there would be no restraint... what am I saying I doubt Adam will restrain him/her self even in this new body.... At least he has to wait till he's a man again to steal Cruz's virginity.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 20:37   Link #10630
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Turning Blade into a girl was pretty much the only way to protect Yamada's chastity... Can you imagine what would happen to her if blade remained a guy? Even as a trap he was assaulted nightly by Adam and Disk nightly but as a girl there would be no restraint... what am I saying I doubt Adam will restrain him/her self even in this new body.... At least he has to wait till he's a man again to steal Cruz's virginity.
Actually, that won't happen, Cruz will return to being a man in the next series. And Adam and Eve with both die heroically in some battle, while teruyama dies somehow too. Since he's like that sun guy from gurren Laggan, with Adam being kamiya eve being yoko, and Cruz being simon, except unfortunately, he's the opposite of him, becoming less manly looking as the story goes on. ...that poor bastard......oh and mio might be nia.
Old 2013-07-03, 20:40   Link #10631
wcthesecret

Quote:
Yup. The text implies the previous trend was "naked with gloves", both of which are now considered ancient traditional Japanese fashions. Best world ever, if you're a guy.

It would be funny if Cruz was a reverse trap in Needless 2 though. That would be quite the troll.

All things considered, I really enjoyed Needless. I once ranted to someone about how stupid it was, and it is, the story is completely silly. Yet somehow I got sucked up into it too, and it was a great ride, especially discussing and speculating chapters with everyone over the years. Time flies, I suppose.

I wish we had more male protagonists like Blade in today's anime/manga. Not enough characters like him anymore....he's almost like a relic of the past compared to what passes for male protagonists today.
...so you want more selfish protagonists? And at least dressed like that he'd have some reminder of his manliness. Besides, it would mean that there would be a chance of him changing back into a man. And don't say he won't because you don't know that,he didnt outright say that he wouldn't change back, this is just a temporary setback for Cruz for when he changes back into the MOST MANLIEST MAN ON THE PLANET EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-07-04, 07:00   Link #10632
erapath

^ You have many sense of humours.

By the way. I won't be serious if author will not continue writing Needless 2, it had ended with happy ending in my opinion.

If Cain will be appeared in Needless 2, I hope he will be a a wirdo to fullfill pervert male role instread of Blade because I no prefer Yuri-ism. I'm sure that Cruz will be used to a toy as the same.
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 11:07   Link #10633
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i just hope he ignores 1.5 and just continue from needless, he shouldnt have to warp the whole story just to make it fit into a one-shot he wrote years ago
Old 2013-07-04, 11:26   Link #10634
Homura7

^Sorry pal, but he has already said countless times that Needless 1.5 is canon, check the last pages from volume 08 for further info.
Old 2013-07-04, 12:46   Link #10635
thor94

Needless 1, is finished.
Poor Cruz, he wins the gold medals of most useless, humiliated and unrespected main character of mangas universe

I hope for a sequel quickly (with a powerful and respected cruz)
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 12:51   Link #10636
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
Needless 1, is finished.
Poor Cruz, he wins the gold medals of most useless, humiliated and unrespected main character of mangas universe
Look, I'm quite tired of replying to your ignorance, so I'll avoid any discussion. Aside of this I'll tell you that without him Blade would have been killed, countless times.
Old 2013-07-04, 15:29   Link #10637
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Look, I'm quite tired of replying to your ignorance, so I'll avoid any discussion. Aside of this I'll tell you that without him Blade would have been killed, countless times.
Yes, but he could at least show some kindness to him.
Old 2013-07-05, 00:17   Link #10638
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
...so you want more selfish protagonists? And at least dressed like that he'd have some reminder of his manliness. Besides, it would mean that there would be a chance of him changing back into a man. And don't say he won't because you don't know that,he didnt outright say that he wouldn't change back, this is just a temporary setback for Cruz for when he changes back into the MOST MANLIEST MAN ON THE PLANET EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The story has enough "manly men", Yamada doesn't need to be one. He's already proven his "manliness", time and again, and is awesome regardless of his gender.

And yeah, I enjoy (to some extent), jerks with hearts of gold. Mainly the over the top gar perverted antics like the kind Blade is composed of. Where else do you see the hero of the story stand up to mighty foes while professing his love for naked women wearing socks? The comedy and the drama of the story make for a great cast of characters that are hard to forget.
Old 2013-07-05, 02:24   Link #10639
wcthesecret

Quote:
The story has enough "manly men", Yamada doesn't need to be one. He's already proven his "manliness", time and again, and is awesome regardless of his gender.

And yeah, I enjoy (to some extent), jerks with hearts of gold. Mainly the over the top gar perverted antics like the kind Blade is composed of. Where else do you see the hero of the story stand up to mighty foes while professing his love for naked women wearing socks? The comedy and the drama of the story make for a great cast of characters that are hard to forget.
...a jerk with a heart of gold huh? Would a person with a heart of gold change someone's gender like that.
Old 2013-07-05, 02:56   Link #10640
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
...a jerk with a heart of gold huh? Would a person with a heart of gold change someone's gender like that.
I'm tired of responding to you. You're utterly convinced of your viewpoint, obsessed with it even, and nothing I reply with is going to matter.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen