AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2006-03-13, 17:22   Link #181
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
Maybe Miyamura Yuko wanted to spend more time with her baby? As I was explaining earlier, she was pregnant during the MAi Hime recording sessions.

--Lone Wolf
Ah, probably. That makes total sense, thanks for the info.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 00:27   Link #182
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Reflecting on the "Pool Episode" *SPOILERS*

Who was the person Nina saw while she was underwater?
Old 2006-03-16, 01:00   Link #183
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Rena, how is it so hard to see?

SHe sees Rena under the darkness and then the face changes to Arika.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 01:09   Link #184
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

What you wish Arika had been tought!

I REALLY wished Arika's grandma taught her about looking before she leapt, and maybe about some ways to avoid power hungry leaders.

What do you regret that Arika's grandmother forgot to teach her?
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 01:11   Link #185
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

The 80% rule

If your age or your partner's age is not within 80% of the other, the relationship is no good.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 03:01   Link #186
n1dh0g

I have a question that Im not sure whether has it been asked before. But if it has, then sorry.

Why doesn't Arika has the same robe as Rena since they are usin the same gem???
Like in Fia's case, she had the same weapon and was wearin the exactly same rob as monica in ep 8.

Btwz, wouldnt the otomes with more extendable thingys have a bigger advantage because they can extend more and use it to attack or for any other purposes???
n1dh0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 03:14   Link #187
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1dh0g
Why doesn't Arika has the same robe as Rena since they are usin the same gem???
Like in Fia's case, she had the same weapon and was wearin the exactly same rob as monica in ep 8.
Do not search logic in that.
BTW Fia's and Monica's GEM was different.
Fia - Kenrei no Shimamenou
Monica - Ryuusui no Toukiseki
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 04:23   Link #188
n1dh0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
Do not search logic in that.
BTW Fia's and Monica's GEM was different.
Fia - Kenrei no Shimamenou
Monica - Ryuusui no Toukiseki
Ok thanks. I forgot about the difference in gem. Anyways, I wont bother searching logic in that again. :P
n1dh0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 11:53   Link #189
Mirtual

I am not sure if this has benn asked already, but why does the elements form change accorind to the user of the GEM?
Or is it that the elements can be "materialized" in different forms?

Maybe the manga gives some expalanation here.

Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 12:49   Link #190
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

it is possible that Rena is in the "full power state"

remember that John Smith told to Arika, at the episode 17, that she was using the Blue-Sky Sapphire, but not at full power.

there is a high chance that her robe will be upgraded, among her element and capabilities.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 13:06   Link #191
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I like to thik it's about the feelings like Akane said (the "someting else" besides skill, that is needed to be a great otome) ... or it could be that Arika is too young ... at the moment (ep23) Arika lacks both

Quote:
They look like those things used to help soothe muscle cramps.
Uhhh ... and how is that suppos to work
Spoiler for Mai Hime:
Old 2006-03-17, 13:14   Link #192
kazekiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
there is a high chance that her robe will be upgraded, among her element and capabilities.
Well, she is currently training with the recognized Best of the Best (ie Mikoto) so we'll see.
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 13:16   Link #193
kazekiri

Ok, here's something I haven't seen yet. Arika is supposedly Alyssa's descendent which is why Miyu sees the golden glow, right? So how exactly does Alyssa have descendents, was she cheating on Miyu?!
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 19:53   Link #194
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri
was she cheating on Miyu?!
What a strange choice of word. It's not like they're lovers or anything like that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 18:56   Link #195
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Uhhh ... and how is that suppos to work
Those things look like adhesives with pain-relieving ointment on them and you stick them to places where it hurts. Well, those rectangles are but I'm not entirely sure about the circular ones.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 19:24   Link #196
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
What a strange choice of word. It's not like they're lovers or anything like that.
Indeed. Alyssa considers Miyu to be an extension of herself. They are one.
(And now, in Mai Otome, Alyssa became an extension of Miyu.)

That's why Miyu isn't her MIP in Mai Hime. Watch her DVD Omake in Mai Hime for details.
Old 2006-03-19, 02:55   Link #197
CaiSter21

is My Otome really an alternate story from My Hime?

ok, i know this question might sound stupid to a lot of people out there, but are the two really not related???

i recently watched eps 22 and saw that Miyu was in fact the android that the Sears company had built and that Alyssa was the bird. so then wat is the Sears company doing in My Otome?
isn't the setting on some planet similar to Earth? and not Earth itself?
and isn't it some time far ahead in the future, if the people from Earth were able to travel to distant planets?

so then the true question that i am asking is how exactly did Miyu and the "reincarnated"(lets just say reincarnated for lack of better words) Alyssa get to the new "Otome" planet?
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:07   Link #198
monster

Yeah, I was starting to have a little doubt myself regarding the relationship of the two series. But then again all I have to look at is all the familiar characters from Hime popping up in Otome with more or less their name. Seeing as how these characters cannot be the same characters in Hime, the idea of alternate story/universe/reality/whatever you want to call it is really the best explanation. It's kind of like the gundam universes, though not exactly. Sure the Turn A tries to tie them up altogether, but then again, there was no need to since the idea of alternate paths is generally accepted in fictionional world, don't know about reality. Of course, the writer could still force a relationship between the two Mai series, but having two Miyus and two Akiras and two Naos and two Akanes is fine by itself and definitely fine by me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:07   Link #199
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Well no one knows if they are related or not. But alot of people speculate that they are related. Well in my opinion My otome is related to Mai-hime. Probably mai-Hime happend around centuries ago and after centuries Mai-otome occures. My guess is that people had to travel someother planet due to battles of Himes/Otomes and the technology was lost and was changed to Otome power instead of himes. and probably the current mikoto is a only Hime left and Miyu is the same Miyu from Mai-hime and is just following allisa's wishes to save the planet through these years. So the only people who are probably the same Mai-hime are Miyu ( for sure) and Mikoto ( probably). Well these are all my speculations and Mai-hime and mai-otome might be not related at all .

P.S. By the way dont feel ur question might be stupid. This topic has been discussed a few time so its ok. But it would have been better if you searched the forums and just post your questions in the current ones .
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:16   Link #200
CaiSter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
Well no one knows if they are related or not. But alot of people speculate that they are related. Well in my opinion My otome is related to Mai-hime. Probably mai-Hime happend around centuries ago and after centuries Mai-otome occures. My guess is that people had to travel someother planet due to battles of Himes/Otomes and the technology was lost and was changed to Otome power instead of himes. and probably the current mikoto is a only Hime left and Miyu is the same Miyu from Mai-hime and is just following allisa's wishes to save the planet through these years. So the only people who are probably the same Mai-hime are Miyu ( for sure) and Mikoto ( probably). Well these are all my speculations and Mai-hime and mai-otome might be not related at all .

P.S. By the way dont feel ur question might be stupid. This topic has been discussed a few time so its ok. But it would have been better if you searched the forums and just post your questions in the current ones .
thanks!!!
that was exactly what i was thinking of too!!!
that mai otome is told centuries ahead of Mai hime!!!!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote