AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-18, 22:49   Link #18401
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I have to say, the length of your post made me think you were talking about a minor bit of news.

Wow, big changes will be on the way for DPRK. Who knows what will happen, Kim didn't really have a clear heir.
Sorry for disappointing you?

There's not much an outsider like me has to say besides good for the world he's dead, but it remains to be seen if his son will do anything differently. Which is pretty much all you had to say on the matter as well, lol.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:50   Link #18402
Alchemist007
*Author

I hope the replacement is less of an asshat.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:56   Link #18403
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Fat hope guys, things can only happen in two ways:

1. The new ruler is weak as shit and it becomes the next Afghanistan.

2. The new leader opens up and turns NK into the next Iran. Then the 38th Parallel becomes the Korpulu Sector.

Ironic that he probably died the same way as Steve Jobs, and the double irony is that both contributed much to change the world.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:56   Link #18404
solomon

And why wouldn't he be?
Old 2011-12-18, 23:03   Link #18405
Green²
It's bacon!

I've heard that Kim's funeral will be on the 28th this month. I wonder if the state department (US) is currently trying to figure out on who to send over there to show respect. Would Michele Bachmann be a bad choice?
Old 2011-12-18, 23:05   Link #18406
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
I've heard that Kim's funeral will be on the 28th this month. I wonder if the state department (US) is currently trying to figure out on who to send over there to show respect. Would Michele Bachmann be a bad choice?
Yes. Bachmann is hardly a womaniser. Send Herman Cain instead since he shares the same hobbies as the deceased.

And by popular vote, Canada should send Justin Bieber.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:11   Link #18407
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Kim Jong Il, North Korea’s ‘Dear Leader’ Dictator, Dead at 70

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...nhap-says.html

Said he died during a train ride. Now will his son relax their terrible way of governance, or propel further international conflict?
follows the timeline pretty well, first 2 parts of homefront are now complete, U.S withdrawals troops and Kim Jung il dies.... Watch out Alaska. (sarcasm)
Old 2011-12-18, 23:22   Link #18408
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Something gonna change in North Korea, for better or worse.

The worse outcome gonna 2nd Korean War (actually still the 1st since they haven't ceased fire yet). Maybe more skirmish rather than all out war? The best probably the starting unification of the country, after setting up a suitable pathway politically and economically
Old 2011-12-18, 23:26   Link #18409
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Something gonna change in North Korea, for better or worse.

The worse outcome gonna 2nd Korean War (actually still the 1st since they haven't ceased fire yet). Maybe more skirmish rather than all out war? The best probably the starting unification of the country, after setting up a suitable pathway politically and economically
I really doubt there will be a war. I just can not imagine that North Korea would be stupid enough to start a war. I am hoping a internal conflict and type of coup, and collapse of the country.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:29   Link #18410
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
follows the timeline pretty well, first 2 parts of homefront are now complete, U.S withdrawals troops and Kim Jung il dies.... Watch out Alaska. (sarcasm)
More like Crysis.

If North and South unifies, the first place they will look to is Manchuria before US, like what Sumeragi said a number of months ago.

Old 2011-12-18, 23:32   Link #18411
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I really doubt there will be a war. I just can not imagine that North Korea would be stupid enough to start a war. I am hoping a internal conflict and type of coup, and collapse of the country.
Maybe it will be South Korea and US starting it? Even based on your best scenario, an internal conflict and type of coup probably open opportunity for a swift military actions. If it's go wrong, and the DMZ is too hard nut to crack, Seoul would be the target for bombardment

Oh wait, another scenario, North Korea gonna literally become puppet for China. Starting to open up and becomes more authoritarian with a strong central state rather than family rule. Positives: there will be some serious developments within the countries. Negative: DMZ gonna be filled up with even more military hardware
Old 2011-12-18, 23:38   Link #18412
Sumeragi
Banned

I've read the Korean version, and here's the cause of death:

병명은 급성 심근경색심장쇼크다.

He was hit by a myocardial infarction and a cardiopulmonary arrest, two similar but ultimately different things.

Myocardial infarction: Interruption of blood supply to a part of the heart, causing heart cells to die.

Cardiopulmonary arrest: Cessation of normal circulation of the blood due to failure of the heart to contract effectively.

If anyone needs things in Korean translated, leave a visitor meeting. I'll get to it for you.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:41   Link #18413
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I've read the Korean version, and here's the cause of death:

병명은 급성 심근경색심장쇼크다.

He was hit by a myocardial infarction and a cardiopulmonary arrest, two similar but ultimately different things.

Myocardial infarction: Interruption of blood supply to a part of the heart, causing heart cells to die.

Cardiopulmonary arrest: Cessation of normal circulation of the blood due to failure of the heart to contract effectively.

If anyone needs things in Korean translated, leave a visitor meeting. I'll get to it for you.
How Koreans react to the news btw? I know they will be tempted to dance out in the street, but i think it's rude to behave that way to deceased people (even against criminals, or in this case, a dictator)in East Asia. And then the North Korean is easily provoked to use those guns
Old 2011-12-18, 23:52   Link #18414
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Maybe it will be South Korea and US starting it? Even based on your best scenario, an internal conflict and type of coup probably open opportunity for a swift military actions. If it's go wrong, and the DMZ is too hard nut to crack, Seoul would be the target for bombardment
The US might, but look at Germany and what they went through with unification. NK is 10x worst then East Germany, the cost of unification for South Korea would astronomical. SK would have built everything form the scratch up, educate and feed the millions of N Koreans. In the meantime there are hundreds of thousand of young North Koreans would no modern skill but arm with guns. The biggest deterrent N Korea has isn't nukes but its fall which would bankrupt South Korea.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:52   Link #18415
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

Oh wait, another scenario, North Korea gonna literally become puppet for China. Starting to open up and becomes more authoritarian with a strong central state rather than family rule. Positives: there will be some serious developments within the countries. Negative: DMZ gonna be filled up with even more military hardware
I think war is going to be the last resort, if a war starts Seoul will be gone in an instant because of North Korea bombing. And I don't know if China would really want to take care of North. It would be too much hassle for China.

Quote:
How Koreans react to the news btw? I know they will be tempted to dance out in the street, but i think it's rude to behave that way to deceased people (even against criminals, or in this case, a dictator)in East Asia. And then the North Korean is easily provoked to use those guns
Many seems very surprised. And by going by the comments that I read in Naver some are definitely happy about this.

Oh and funny enough it was the birthday of YI Myung Bak, so some people said it is because of him that Kim Joung Ill died.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:57   Link #18416
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could not South Korea use that North Korean military infrustructure to pay for redesigning North Korea after unification?
Old 2011-12-19, 00:01   Link #18417
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Could not South Korea use that North Korean military infrustructure to pay for redesigning North Korea after unification?
The majority of NK's revenue comes form aid form China, arms sales and smuggling.
Old 2011-12-19, 00:28   Link #18418
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Pot, meet kettle.

I realize the truth hurts Ascaloth, but just admit that you made a mistake and are not omniscient, thus, you in fact don't know what lies beyond death.
No one still alive does.
Ah, I see that you, having had your arguments countered at every turn, are now reduced to resorting to the Proof by Assertion tactic, in order to try and make your Straw Man of my actual views stick in the minds of any who would listen to you.

Please accept my sympathies for your victimhood at the hands of the American education system. If you should ever need a job at Fox News, I would be honoured to act as one of your character referrals.

Old 2011-12-19, 00:41   Link #18419
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The end of Affirmative Action? So can we all be classified as Human rather some little check mark in the census sheet?
That is a good question Ithekro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Kim Jong Il, North Korea’s ‘Dear Leader’ Dictator, Dead at 70

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...nhap-says.html

Said he died during a train ride. Now will his son relax their terrible way of governance, or propel further international conflict?
Wow, no more Kim-Jong-Il?
I wonder, how will this effect international affairs?
And will his successor finally lift some of the terrible policies of their government in N. Korea.
Old 2011-12-19, 00:55   Link #18420
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow there have been a lot of major power changes in some of the worlds biggest flashpoints this year. First you had the announcement of Bin Laden's death, then Gadhaffi was out, and now Kim Jong Il is gone. Kind of makes you wonder what 2012 is going to look like.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international