AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-05-24, 02:10   Link #34481
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So I have to decided... Cathedral or Lightning Zeta + Denial + Transient...
3 > 1

Math wins

Or you can look at it the other way round if money is a factor

Cathedral alone is less than the 3 kits together easily, so it wins in that regard (but more than a single kit of the 3 listed)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 13:56   Link #34482
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So I have to decided... Cathedral or Lightning Zeta + Denial + Transient...
Exclusive first. Regular releases can always be sourced somewhere else later for the same price.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 10:52   Link #34483
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 12:42   Link #34484
Galaxian

Got my HG Mega Shiki today... The kit is bigger than I expected...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 12:56   Link #34485
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so are there plans to release some form of kit for the Atlas Gundam of the Thunderbolt fame?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 05:50   Link #34486
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I will buy this thing just for the boxart alone

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 08:38   Link #34487
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
What's with this obsession with Cathedral Gundam?
- I don't like the gold. That said, I like the Cathedral's design better than the Denial's since it looks more like a conventional design. Wish it was a regular as opposed to an exclusive. Not willing to fork out extra for it. ...yet, anyway.

Might just get 2 Denials and mod one of them. I guess you could say I'm doubly in Denial.

Speaking of @#%$@!#$NG exclusives I want:
Images
size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...dammit.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 20:39   Link #34488
bio9205
Reborn

Is the Cathedral related to the story at all, or just a variant Bandai decided to throw out as a model kit only?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 20:43   Link #34489
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Is the Cathedral related to the story at all, or just a variant Bandai decided to throw out as a model kit only?
It will appear in the Gundam Build Fighters Amazing manga series, which is a prequel to Gundam Build Fighters season 1, as the gunpla of Shouki Someya.
Old 2015-05-28, 22:43   Link #34490
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It will appear in the Gundam Build Fighters Amazing manga series, which is a prequel to Gundam Build Fighters season 1, as the gunpla of Shouki Someya.
Speaking of which (slightly off topic), did we ever get the story of chapter 14 and onward? I want to know what happened to the Second Meijin.

On topic:

Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 13:53   Link #34491
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

I've looked at both the HG manuals, but wondered if anyone with both kits could confirm for me. Would it be possible to swap out an Exia's forearms for the ones on the Transient? Then we could finally have Exia with bendable elbows.
Old 2015-05-29, 19:43   Link #34492
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Speaking of which (slightly off topic), did we ever get the story of chapter 14 and onward? I want to know what happened to the Second Meijin.

On topic:

Hot damn that boxart

Cant wait for the kit

@_@
Old 2015-05-30, 07:38   Link #34493
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
I've looked at both the HG manuals, but wondered if anyone with both kits could confirm for me. Would it be possible to swap out an Exia's forearms for the ones on the Transient? Then we could finally have Exia with bendable elbows.
its a wonder how the HG O Gundam managed to get fully bendable elbows while his children is stuck in 'L' swivel range, it doesn't have to do with budget issues right? unless i miss something? Bandai was still experimenting during that time?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 08:31   Link #34494
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Oh tell me this is real, I must look up her skirt
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 14:47   Link #34495
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh great more crap I must own, bloody Metal Build Strike Freedom....

I will forever curse my friend for ever talking me into this daft hobby!

p.s too further fall prey to this madness I ordered a RG Raiser and HGBF R-Gyagya.

I wouldn't have actually bothered with the RG 00 Raiser as I already have the a HG of it but then I also have the HG Seven Sword and since the 00 Raiser is one of my more favourite models, just had to get it.

Porbably one of the fwer peeps that likes the 00 Raiser over Exia.

Next up, to get HG Wing Zero Honoo and Ez-SR....
Old 2015-05-30, 14:50   Link #34496
helois

i've a question and online i din't find an answer:

what are the difference between MG Banshee last battle e MG Banshee last battle (reissue)?

beacause somewhere the reissue is less expensive..

thanks!
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 15:29   Link #34497
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
its a wonder how the HG O Gundam managed to get fully bendable elbows while his children is stuck in 'L' swivel range, it doesn't have to do with budget issues right? unless i miss something? Bandai was still experimenting during that time?
First of all, the first 00 kits from S1 was when HG's were stepping up their quality from the SEED/DESTINY line which preceded it

O Gundam came later during the second batch of 00 kits from S2, which were QUITE improved from what was learned/done for the S1 kits (not all of them are bad btw, Im mainly looking at the main 4 CB units from S1)

And it so happens that the HG O Gundam you mentioned happens to have one of the best HG articulation/stability in the 00 line. Its easily the second best one out there after the 00 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh tell me this is real, I must look up her skirt
Nope, custom built kit, not standard release

Quote:
Originally Posted by helois View Post
i've a question and online i din't find an answer:

what are the difference between MG Banshee last battle e MG Banshee last battle (reissue)?

beacause somewhere the reissue is less expensive..

thanks!
I believe the original final battle version have gold decals and is patterned after the Ver.Ka kit and the novel design/appearance

The new one is based off the OVA kit/series, and its a recolor of the Banshee Norn Exclusive kit, which comes with the new Armed Armor parts + new Beam Magnum attachments

The original one might be more expensive due to it simply being extremely rare/hard to find nowadays, while the other one might be more expensive simply because its also exclusive, and with much more plastic
Old 2015-05-30, 21:57   Link #34498
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh tell me this is real
- It's not real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Porbably one of the fwer peeps that likes the 00 Raiser over Exia.
- ....*
<<--(has both RGs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629
First of all, the first 00 kits from S1 was when HG's were stepping up their quality from the SEED/DESTINY line which preceded it
- More to it than that. Design and materials. The first season 00 kits used a lot of ABS plastic parts (you'll probably remember the Stargazer and Strike Noir kits has a lot of ABS parts as well). Bandai was experimenting with ABS plastic to get more detailed but flexible parts with less need for polycaps.

It was kind of hit or miss, because ABS allowed them to make parts without worrying too much about how to fit a polycap in there, but unfortunately this became a problem when the ABS parts broke or didn't fit too well (ABS cement wasn't too common among gunpla builders at the time). For the Second Season kits, most of them had a redesign and a new set of polycaps were introduced.

I'll get some photos and show the different types of polycaps used the past few years for HG kits.

If you've been building any of the newer HG kits or the HGBF kits, you'll probably also have noticed that most of them don't have polycaps for the elbows anymore, but are using styrene plastic instead of ABS plastic for the joints.
Old 2015-05-30, 23:10   Link #34499
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

These are the more common polycaps for 1/144 Gunpla kits from 1993 onward. Not including the Victory kits since most of them had an entire polyethylene inner frame (which I was not fond of due to them falling apart). There are also a couple of HGUC or SEED kits that might have used a different kind of polycap frame due to their design (some hefty kits like the HGUC Gelgoog Marine actually used MG polycaps).

FYI: Not all polycap photos are mine, I got most off the net as I no longer have intact polycaps for older kits after using most of the spares. Image heavy.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-05-31, 14:14   Link #34500
Galaxian

Currently assembling my RG Freedom kit and I'm kind of running into a problem. In the wrist, is the piece that goes between the hand and the rest of the arm suppose to be loose? Because I can't seem to get it to stay fixed in place.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy