AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-09, 11:36   Link #301
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Hmm...Haven really played it or wad. But recently af hearing a lot from this game, i went to check it out. Seems like a great games with superb story line. The storyline is wad attracts me to the game.

Personally, i don mind if a game has H-scenes a not. As long as the storyline is good, alls good. IMO, people have different taste for VN. Some go for the eroge while others for the story. So i don think Key is doing a wrong thing here. Anyway they r doing it for a living, thus they will do anything to maximise profits. Put yourself in their shoes: This is my job, if the thing does not sell, i wont earn any money and wad will happen to my life? No water/electricity/home??
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 19:07   Link #302
Avisch
Reality Blender

I've been interested in Little Busters ever since it was announced. And currently I feel it's the only Key work that I'm very intrigued by (in my time watching the anime of Kanon, Air, and Clannad) I don't know if I find it's visual atmosphere appealing (note: I haven't played the game, only seen a few ingame videos online).

Back befor Ecstasy! was announced. I noticed that it was non-eroge, but I also noticed that it's promotions featured the heroines in...erm risque state of dress. And such was sort of featured in the game aswell.
And I thought this was cool. Because I felt it was the "all-ages-visual-novel-with-semi-adult-appeal".
And as such the game the game remained to intrigue me.

When Ecstasy was announced. I said "Cool Key's re-releasing the game with full adult appeal now. Along with more content and some rewritten things".

Anyway. I don't feel very strong on why Key is re-releasing the game (and one user has stated that Ecstasy! was planned from the beginning).

I remember saying something on a Type-Moon forum:

Quote:
Type-Moon games have great stories. When you make a visual novel thats intended for adults you can add whatever you want to the game to make more adult.
I don't believe that Type-Moon just decided to put sex into their games for the hell of it. They figured: "these games are intended for adults we might aswell have sex in it. Let's have it go into the story well".
So same principal for Key.

Of course I still will want to play both versions (non-EX first. Then EX) and see how different things are.

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2008-06-09 at 19:24.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 13:18   Link #303
HanHan-chin
Hau au ~ HanHan ~desu!

... I made some free avatars, here:

Spoiler:
HanHan-chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 20:48   Link #304
rg4619

Quote:
So same principal for Key.
From what I read, Key actually admits that most of their games were never envisioned with adult scenes in mind. Consequently, their ero content is often criticized as being poorly written and tacked on (purely for business reasons; even with Little Busters!, the decision to produce an adult version was primarily pushed by VisualArt's, rather than Key's creative staff).

The process might be akin to taking an all-ages product (young adult novel, TV show, etc.), and then arbitrarily deciding where you might slip in a sex scene with few alterations to the story structure.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 02:35   Link #305
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Consequently, their ero content is often criticized as being poorly written and tacked on
Well, thats is what i have heard as well. Admittedly i haven't played Air or Kanon, but from what i have gathered they indeed seem awkward at best of various degrees, and general consensus indeed claims them to be out of place.

As for Little Busters ... i have yet to finish all of the game (though i expect that to change within the next week), but from what i have seen thus far (Which would be Rin's, Haruka's and Kudo's routes) there are places where those can be inserted with passable believability. I would say certain events seem to be written with that in mind, as that is what i would expect to happen if i wouldn't know that LB is all ages.

Spoiler for Rin, Haruka and Kudo:

I can't comment on the other routes yet, but from what i have seen thus far they seem to be written with appropriate moments for a H scene in mind. Whether that is good or bad is up in the air for everyone, but at least they seem to be giving some thought to the possible timing.
Old 2008-06-16, 05:01   Link #306
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

There are certain parts in Komari's route where I could see the new scenes to be placed. But in all honesty, I'm more excited about seeing more of Kanata, Sasami and the addition of Saya.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 05:23   Link #307
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well ... Kanata is certainly not someone i am looking towards seeing again I loathed her for the vast majority of Haruka's route; and even though they tried to redeem her at the end it was too little, too late for me to change my opinion of her to a significant degree. The less i see of her, the less chance of me popping a blood vessel

Can't say i am very fond of Sasami either with her snobbish attitude ... but then again i have never been fond of ojou-sama type characters. Oh well, at least she doesn't make me feel like doing a Rin-hiss at the screen upon appearance
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart
There are certain parts in Komari's route where I could see the new scenes to be placed.
I have a question regarding this, as i have yet to play the route, but ...
Spoiler for Komari:
Old 2008-06-16, 12:49   Link #308
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I have a question regarding this, as i have yet to play the route, but ...
Spoiler for Komari:
Spoiler for Komari's route:

Last edited by johnishida; 2008-06-16 at 16:09.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 05:04   Link #309
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

True, Sasami and Kanata seemed a bit unlikeable in the last game, but that was how it was meant to be portrayed. With the addition of their routes, it'll be interesting to see how the writers will construct their characters as characters on their own.
Old 2008-06-17, 08:59   Link #310
sora12

does this game has an english translation patch?
sora12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 10:07   Link #311
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Sasami is too cute. I luv Sasami!!!
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 10:36   Link #312
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora12 View Post
does this game has an english translation patch?
There is a project, but there isn't any english translation patch at all. IIRC, those who are doing the patch will release a interface patch in mid/end july. Nothing much, but well.
Old 2008-06-17, 10:50   Link #313
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Klash, you actually changed your avatar.... おめでとう
Though I think Rena will be sad.

I just preordered the game at my local import shop... and now I'm poor again
Old 2008-06-18, 13:29   Link #314
lightl

hmm dont know if this was mention or not but Dengeki G's Festival Deluxe 3 is coming out end of june and seems to be little buster EX oriantated, like how the last issue was for to heart 2 Another days hlj.com order stoped on it but Mangaoh club stil taking order for and possible a few other s places
think you can special order at himeyashop or Akadotretail.com will special or most likly carry it sicne that how i got the last d Dengeki G's Festival deluxe
oh forgot amazon.jp probably carrying it aswell maybe cheaper to orer from jp baseed t oavoid the mark up
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 16:37   Link #315
charizardpal
灼眼の

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post

Enjoy...
Actually there's an even higher quality OP of the EX version's demo uploaded by an online aquaintance here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kHvBohTMvXw

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」

Last edited by charizardpal; 2008-06-19 at 02:59. Reason: Nevermind-the demo movie is at the official webpage.
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 05:00   Link #316
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
Actually there's an even higher quality OP of the EX version's demo uploaded by an online aquaintance here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kHvBohTMvXw
I think I also linked to the page of mirrors for the actual vid not too long ago. You can't get any better than that.
Old 2008-06-20, 05:54   Link #317
sora12

hmm does the little busters ex is sold seperately? example i already bought the original game, does the adult version of this game is sold seperately? or i need to buy its cd? or it is just like a patch that can be downloaded on their site? and can you tell who are the ones currently translating it? i mean the site.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:17   Link #318
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Little Busters! and Little Busters! EX are separate products, as far as I know. You have to buy the new version if you want it.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 06:20   Link #319
sora12

damn im dumb in this things. does anyone of you know who are doing the project on this game? i just want to visit if they have a site or sumthing/
Old 2008-06-20, 06:26   Link #320
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Only one I can find. Not sure of anything about it though.

http://svn.yorhel.nl/lb/
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel