AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 62 53.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-18, 16:55   Link #161
Echoes

Pheles is more than pretty, she's gorgeous. Alas, I always fall for the green-haired women.

This episode was epic.
Old 2008-01-18, 17:43   Link #162
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Hm... I never really liked the ShanaXYuji relationship. To me, it would be sort of forced, since they are kind of opposite. Like, Shana can be very grouchy at times, and I have to admit, mean. She cares for him, yes, but she doesn't really know how to care for him.

Kazumi, on the other hand, seems to be like a natural fit for him. She's sweet, shy, and cheerful most of the time.

I also think Shana could possibly be an abusive wife, considering how she has already hit Yuji a couple times with that wooden sword. <.< >.>.
I kind of agree with you, but with Shana's tsundere tendency, I think it would go both ways. So I would say she sometime become an abusive wife and sometime submissive (I don't exactly mean submissive, but w/e). The way it's going, I think Shana is gearing toward the latter more... since she has been becoming a lot softer. Plus, maybe because Shana has a loli look, it's hard for me to match her with the image of an "abusive wife" @_@.

Personally, I think Shana is sweeter (and she's both frank + shy at the same time), although I agree that she doesn't really know how to express her feelings (well, there's a reason why she's a tsundere).

I don't agree with the part about Shana and Yuji's personalities being opposite though. And if you ask me "how come?" Would the answer "because it doesn't seem that way to me." be suffice?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-18, 20:29   Link #163
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

You know that statement made me think that apart from training I've never seen her physically hit Yuji or hurt him... When she gets jealous or angry, she just sort of implodes it within herself and isolate herself. In terms of being an abusive wife, I guess it won't reach the boudary of physically abusive and more emotionally.

Last edited by holyman282; 2008-01-19 at 02:28.
Old 2008-01-18, 20:41   Link #164
Midori Chi

Quote:
You know that statement made me thing that apart from training I've never seen her physically hit Yuji or hurt him... When she gets jealous or angry, she just sort of implodes it within herself and isolate herself. In terms of being an abusive wife, I guess it won't reach the boudary of physically abusive and more emotionally.
I agree. ^.^
Old 2008-01-18, 21:31   Link #165
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
You know that statement made me thing that apart from training I've never seen her physically hit Yuji or hurt him... When she gets jealous or angry, she just sort of implodes it within herself and isolate herself. In terms of being an abusive wife, I guess it won't reach the boudary of physically abusive and more emotionally.
Season 1 early on when she was trying to get him to feel the killing intent. At the start of Yuji's training, where everytime he failed, she would hit him with that stick.
Old 2008-01-19, 02:29   Link #166
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Season 1 early on when she was trying to get him to feel the killing intent. At the start of Yuji's training, where everytime he failed, she would hit him with that stick.
Yes, but like i said, apart from training she never physically hurt him. Getting him to feel the killing intent was a sort of training was it not?
Old 2008-01-19, 02:35   Link #167
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Yes, but like i said, apart from training she never physically hurt him. Getting him to feel the killing intent was a sort of training was it not?
Well, the only time I remember that it wasn't for the training was when Shana made the rock-paper-scissor example in episode 10... There may be others, but it has been a while since I last watched season 1...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-19, 08:20   Link #168
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Yes. However, she was hitting him out of frustration when he failed to keep his eyes open, rather than as part of the training. Hence, abuse.
Old 2008-01-19, 11:27   Link #169
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
no they can't. in the beginning a tomogara doesn't exist in the human world, so they need POE to exist. but because they are the equivalent of humans in the guze world, they can only use POE which is from the humans of the human world. so they can only eat humans.

ps: city devouring is feared because it can converts everything, including trees' and stones' POE into POE the tomogara can use. it can give the user unimaginable powers.
You mentioned about City Devourer being able to convert PoE of trees and stones into PoE that Tomogara can use. Then that just means that anything has PoE but it may not be in a form that Tomogara can use.

Is it only PoE from just humans or can it be any form of sentient life?
Old 2008-01-19, 12:13   Link #170
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
You mentioned about City Devourer being able to convert PoE of trees and stones into PoE that Tomogara can use. Then that just means that anything has PoE but it may not be in a form that Tomogara can use.

Is it only PoE from just humans or can it be any form of sentient life?
tomogaras are "humans" in their world, so only poe from humans can be used ( a guze tree need tree poe to exist and a guze stone need stone poe to exist). everything in the world has poe, if somthing doesn't then it doesn't exist.
Old 2008-01-19, 17:05   Link #171
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
tomogaras are "humans" in their world, so only poe from humans can be used ( a guze tree need tree poe to exist and a guze stone need stone poe to exist). everything in the world has poe, if somthing doesn't then it doesn't exist.
Before the Fuzetsu was invented, any humans ever tried eating a Tomogara?
Old 2008-01-19, 18:07   Link #172
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Before the Fuzetsu was invented, any humans ever tried eating a Tomogara?
i dont think humans know how to. but there was one mystes who eats tomogaras
Old 2008-01-21, 17:23   Link #173
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Very late to contribute my thoughts for this hell of a ride that was the thirteenth episode, nonetheless, I have come to do so.

I would say with safety that the thirteen episode was the culmination that all the fans were looking forward after getting hit by the wave of the long and sometimes dragged episodes that feature few or none action and just dialogue.

The first half was insane as Shana had to deal with Pheles but at the same time worrying about Margery's blazing rampage; Wilhelmina doing at her disposition to tame a rampaged Margery, even through force; and the shocking experience that Tanaka witnessed when Ogata-chan was caught and blasted in the explosion, caused by Margery's racket.
Old 2008-01-21, 23:43   Link #174
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Late but this episode was epic.

First of all wow i'm so glad Oga didn't die. i would have been devastated. second, seems like happy union wont be able to last. With Margery and Pheles ready to rip different things out of Yuji, and Shana of course not allowing that, i expect a bigger melee between them before the end of the season. kinda wish i didn't see some of the spoilers, might have liked it even more.
Old 2008-01-22, 17:24   Link #175
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just watched this episode and it was f'ing INSANE. Students getting torn apart within the Fuzetsu (Oga-san T_T), The Interpreter of Condolence (aka Margery Daw) going out of her mind in a blind rage, a multiple-way battle between Pheles, Shana, Yuji, Margery and Wilhelmina.... it was all too much to comprehend within a simple 25 minute long period. >.<
Old 2008-01-22, 17:29   Link #176
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I just watched this episode and it was f'ing INSANE. Students getting torn apart within the Fuzetsu (Oga-san T_T), The Interpreter of Condolence (aka Margery Daw) going out of her mind in a blind rage, a multiple-way battle between Pheles, Shana, Yuji, Margery and Wilhelmina.... it was all too much to comprehend within a simple 25 minute long period. >.<
This episode was definitely insane, although the battle ended a bit quick imo. It was a bit rush, too.

However, I thought you didn't know sanity in the first place, so shouldn't you be used to this already? (excuse my bad attempt at a joke )

Anyway, one more episode and welcome to the joy of waiting for each release weekly...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-22, 17:59   Link #177
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Anyway, one more episode and welcome to the joy of waiting for each release weekly...
Urgh.... don't remind me.

Ah, well... I'm sure they'll be good, in any case. I haven't run into any episodes that I haven't liked thus far.
Old 2008-01-29, 04:30   Link #178
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 13 was superb - it was so great to see some great Shana slash action, and action scenes in general, after the heavy degrees of character development/Azumanga-esque episodes that had been getting served up until this point.

I especially liked the exciting flow and sequence of events during the first half of the episode.

Pheles was defeated just a touch too easily for me, which is why I gave the episode 9 out of 10.

Still, this is easily the best episode of Season 2 thus far, and it was a real joy ride.
Closed Thread