AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-13, 21:25   Link #81
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
...Besides the CP9 (and realistically only the Top 3) all 10,000 marines stationed at Eneis Lobby were weak...so Eneis Lobby is weak.
...Besides the top members (Mr. 2 on down) of Baroque Works, the entire organization was weak...so Baroque Works is weak.
...Besides the top Priest and Enel, the entire Skypiea organization was weak...so Skypiea is weak.

Need I go on?
Correction

Eneis Lobby was strong.

Baroque Works was average strong.

Skypiea organization was strong as well.

The only reason they lost was because they fought against Luffy and his bad ass crew
Old 2009-05-13, 21:38   Link #82
junte86

Baroque Works were really strong if you think about how Croc built it.
Skypiea was weak as Enel didnt even care about the well being of his organization(croc did care as they were a useful tool)

Enel's Big ego about being God was his downfall after all he was a human who just ate some good Fruit. I enjoyed when He got Reject from Waiper totally deserved it, and of course Oda stating there are crzay strong people in Blue sea, that he cannot rule the Blue sea.

Anyway I find Enies Lobby being taken down was thanks to Spendam who accidentally called Buster Call which end up being a terrible mistake...
Old 2009-05-13, 21:40   Link #83
james0246

^You misunderstood my point. I do think those various groups and organization (and locations) were strong, rather I was pointing out a serious flaw in Phenomenal's logic: the fact that nearly every arc has progressed in a similar fashion where the introduction makes everyone appear godly, but subsequent chapters show that Luffy and company are more than up to the task of defeating the current opponents.
Old 2009-05-13, 22:06   Link #84
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Really, has anyone in here read Sabondy Arc.....?^^^

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-13 at 23:18.
Old 2009-05-13, 22:15   Link #85
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, according to a little summary that aohige gave at AP, Jinbei tells Luffy that he's a much more effective fighter underwater than on land. Of course, this isn't really new info (Kuroobi told Sanji that merpeople are stronger underwater way back in East Blue), but I think this really gives us an idea of how powerful he really is. If he's strong enough to OHKO one of those guardian beasts on land, he'll probably show off even crazier abilities when fighting in the ocean. I'm still hoping that he has a powered-up version of that "ocean splitter" attack that Kapoty of the Foxy crew used......
I'm waiting for Jinbei to get that enrage Sea King look in his eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal
Really, has anyone in here read Sabondy Arc.....?
Never heard of it.

I also put doflamingo back in my avatar, to keep his memory alive.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-14 at 01:35.
Old 2009-05-14, 02:16   Link #86
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
It actually kinda makes sense that the ID staff isn't full of powerhouses. The real danger of the prison comes from the various "hells" themselves. I mean seriously, just level 1 alone is pretty crazy..... a forest full of bladed trees, needlelike grass, and poisonous spiders? It's really no wonder the place is widely feared. Yeah, strong guys like Luffy and Crocodile can take the punshment with no problem, but we also have to remember that they're the minority..... we already saw in past chapters how several other prisoners had broken spirits and whatnot......
It's the weak and unimportant nobodies (like all of the nameless prisoners) that have made Impel Down look fearsome and forbidding. Should there be a situation where a few powerhouses go on a rampage and infiltrate the fortress (just like what is happening right now), ID's staff would not have the power sufficient to contain these assailants. In the face of strong adversity, the ID staff has shown ineptness in dealing with it. The recent chapters are a testament to this.

In the end, the minority is what counts (in terms of credibility) since they are actually important to the plot of the story. ID, being the world's most dangerous and feared fortress, has lost a lot of credibility by only being able to deal with cannon fodder. If the staff were able to subdue these few powerhouses, the image of ID would not be tarnished. Since that is not the case, ID's threat factor has gone way down. Imagine if an emperor arbitrarily wanted to break in so that he could recruit some prisoners to join his crew. The ID staff would be completely helpless should they try to him.

Quote:
The guardian beasts themselves definitely weren't pushovers..... once again, I point out all the effort it took just to KO the minotaur alone. But when you've got a Logia and a merman karate master on your side...... well, the poor animals had no chance. In other words, I'd say that the ID staff's downfall boils down to them simply being unprepared. I mean, Luffy was the first intruder the prison's ever had, and they didn't exactly factor in several of their prisoners living in a secret tranny hideout. There was simply so much confusion that they couldn't handle the situation on their own.
And I point out the little effort it took for Luffy, Crocodile, and Jimbei, to OHKO the remaining 3 guardian beasts. Seriously, they were absolute jokes against characters that actually matter (like the aforementioned three). As for the ID staff being unprepared, that's simply too bad. On behalf of the world's most dangerous and fortified prison, you would think that the ID staff have plans in case any contingencies arise, but since they don't, it just goes to show how incompetent they really are. Their incompetence has severely damaged their reputation and that of ID itself.

By the way, you have really good points marvelB. I'm just providing an argument on the other side of the fence. That's all.
Old 2009-05-14, 02:31   Link #87
james0246

^Hmm, You are discounting the fact that it takes an extreme amount of power to get through the seemingly thousands of Marines stationed outside Impel Down (and the dozens to hundreds of gigantic Sea Kings), not to mention the fact that only the Marines seem to have the large scale technology to travel in the Calm Belt. Luffy managed to bypass everything by riding aboard Hancock (Blackbeard managed to bypass eveything by riding aboard a Marine ship). Any invading force would have to first get to the jail, then defeat the outside guards, then break through the doors, all of this before they can have the chance to battle down through 5 floors just to get to the Level 6 pirates, and by that time, they would have encountered Magellan (who is probably great at crowd control) and possibly Shiryuu.
Old 2009-05-14, 04:04   Link #88
syler321

i dont undertand how pepole right that enies lobby was weak,that one of the best arcs in one piece so far,and defintly with the most strongest ppl...

dont forget that luffy is a crazy dude hehe,and just bcos he beat lucci dosent mean lucci is weak cos he isnt,its just means luffy is stronger thats all,same with crocodile,luffy beat him but he is still a strong guy...

skypia sure enel wasnt that much like lucci or crocodile but still very cool arc.
and sabody park,well kizaru and the 11th supernovas and the kuma copy...
Old 2009-05-14, 06:28   Link #89
syler321

and btw,in the alabsta arc,luffy lost to crocodile 2 times,and if robin didnt helpd him he would be pretty much out of one piece...
and in cp he lost to rob lucci once,and with out the going merry shipmafter the fight with lucci he coudnt move an inch...

and with enel its not realy fair,cos luffy was enel naturl opnent,the one he can never beat,like smoker and luffy...
Old 2009-05-14, 09:12   Link #90
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wonder what Blackbeard wants other than maybe accessing Crocodile's knowledge. If not this, then there must be someone else important enough for Blackbeard to make his move that may jeopardize his situation. Though, it would be too much to expect from him to fight against Whitebeard, when Whitebeard is in full power. And I don't think he is someone who cares about meeting him and fighting against him either. That is Whitebeard and WG's fight, the fight he set up. So, he can sit back and enjoy and take care of his other plans. But I still wonder what kind of plan he may have to completely destroy the WG organization, after they lose significant power as a result of the Whitebeard fight.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:20   Link #91
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
megallan seems to hav left shiryuu to deal with BB, oh shi...i cant wait to see this

this chapter shows why pirates > ninja's , just generall more B.A.M.F's

also BB may end up recruiting Shiryuu since hes on deathrow n all, should note the prison gaurds hav identified BB as hostile, itll be interesting how wg respond to this
That’s what I was thinking, creating the possibility that the Author makes the plot so that Shyryu ends up been defeated by Zoro when the times comes for the SH to fight against the BB pirates...

In fact it could be very possible that BB joined the WG crew just for the purpose of gathering power and information, and this is his statement of that, It makes little sense that he wants to be Pirate King while been a Government lap dog, and he is the type of character that doesn’t stay much under the control of others (he did it against WB, shouldn’t be long until he do it against WG, this could be the start)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I wonder what Blackbeard wants other than maybe accessing Crocodile's knowledge. If not this, then there must be someone else important enough for Blackbeard to make his move that may jeopardize his situation. Though, it would be too much to expect from him to fight against Whitebeard, when Whitebeard is in full power. And I don't think he is someone who cares about meeting him and fighting against him either. That is Whitebeard and WG's fight, the fight he set up. So, he can sit back and enjoy and take care of his other plans. But I still wonder what kind of plan he may have to completely destroy the WG organization, after they lose significant power as a result of the Whitebeard fight.
I liked this post a lot.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:23   Link #92
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Enel was a very strong person, I mean even Silver Raleigh would have trouble fighting him. Its just Luffy´s fruit power was most likely the only power in the world that could counter Enel´s power. Which made Luffy, Enel´s natural enemy. Haki could maybe defeat Enel but still unknown since he went too the moon.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:27   Link #93
Rurik
Golden

Where it is my opinion that Enel has been the most broken character shown so far in the Manga, not because of his Fruit power, but the combination of the fruit power (which elemental weakness was Luffy’s power) and his mastery of the already broken Mantra.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:28   Link #94
marvelB

Y'know, now that the HQ scans are out, I'm starting to lean back towards Lafitte being a Zoan. It looks like he turned his arms into wings (notice how the sleeves of his shirt look empty). I sorta figured that he would sprout the wings from his back if he had a Paramecia power, but I guess we have to wait a bit until we get confirmation on exactly what fruit he ate.....

Heh, Iva uses "Hell Wink" on the bluegoris. He and his tranny army stayed behind to take on Saldeath's forces while Luffy's team went on ahead. At least we saw some display of the guardians' strength before they were all KO'ED (according to the newkamas, guns and cannons are ineffective against them). I still wished those guys lasted a little longer, though..... I love their designs. Oh well. BTW, I was rather amused by those goofy little face portraits on the ID diagram.

And one more thing I'm curious about..... I can understand how Shiryuu got his cigar (obviously the other jailors gave it to him), but I wonder where Crocodile got his cigar?! Did he swipe it from the same place he got his pimp coat (commissary)?!
Old 2009-05-14, 10:32   Link #95
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
That’s what I was thinking, creating the possibility that the Author makes the plot so that Shyryu ends up been defeated by Zoro when the times comes for the SH to fight against the BB pirates...

In fact it could be very possible that BB joined the WG crew just for the purpose of gathering power and information, and this is his statement of that, It makes little sense that he wants to be Pirate King while been a Government lap dog, and he is the type of character that doesn’t stay much under the control of others (he did it against WB, shouldn’t be long until he do it against WG, this could be the start)

I liked this post a lot.
The Seven Armed Seas are far from lap dogs. I don't know why every one on the E net is surprised at Blackbeards actions, I mean, the Seven Armed Seas have been doing as they please, conflicting with the Marines and giving the World Government the finger since day one. The only loyal member of the Seven Armed Seas to the World Government is Kuma, yet he still goes about the World Governments orders half a$$ed, and he could soon betray the World Government in this up coming war.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:46   Link #96
marvelB

BTW, now that Blackbeard's crew is at ID, I hope we see something from Jesus Burgess. I mean, I know that he's super-strong and all (not surprising since he's got a luchador motif and is even nicknamed "Champion"), but I'm just hoping that we see a little something more, y'know? Like maybe he reveals some crazy DF power (preferably Paramecia) or something.....

Oh, and it's great to see that Teach is growing a nice little beard now. He's definitely living up to his moniker quite well.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:50   Link #97
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
The Seven Armed Seas are far from lap dogs. I don't know why every one on the E net is surprised at Blackbeards actions, I mean, the Seven Armed Seas have been doing as they please, conflicting with the Marines and giving the World Government the finger since day one. The only loyal member of the Seven Armed Seas to the World Government is Kuma, yet he still goes about the World Governments orders half a$$ed, and he could soon betray the World Government in this up coming war.
They are their lap dogs because they work under then, even if they defied the authority they respond to.

Example, Hancock needed to keep in hush that she is the one responsibly for Luffy been inside Impel down, now sir, if she weren’t a Government Lap Dog, why doesn’t she go and tell the WG straight in their face “HAH, I did it!!!!!!!!”

Now, Jimbei in the other hand stopped been one because he was strongly against what they wanted, and hence looked what happened to him. he is cool....remind me of a poster with he same name..whatever happened to him....

BTW, Why you said that everyone in the ENET is surprised at BB action? Weren’t you surprised as well that he is here? I can say I wasn’t, but that’s because this is an Oda Manga, and he is wacky enough to make Enel pop up any minute now.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:50   Link #98
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
BTW, now that Blackbeard's crew is at ID, I hope we see something from Jesus Burgess. I mean, I know that he's super-strong and all (not surprising since he's got a luchador motif and is even nicknamed "Champion"), but I'm just hoping that we see a little something more, y'know? Like maybe he reveals some crazy DF power (preferably Paramecia) or something.....

Oh, and it's great to see that Teach is growing a nice little beard now. He's definitely living up to his moniker quite well.
I agree MB, we can't for get about Doc Q, so far he has done nothing even in battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
They are their lap dogs because they work under then, even if they defied the authority they respond to.
They are more like a bunch of Wild/Mad Dogs, and the owners can't risk getting rid of them for they live in a bad neighborhood.

Quote:
Example, Hancock needed to keep in hush that she is the one responsibly for Luffy been inside Impel down, now sir, if she weren’t a Government Lap Dog, why doesn’t she go and tell the WG straight in their face “HAH, I did it!!!!!!!!”
Hancock wasn't even going to aid the World Government in the war, if it wasn't for Luffy, Some lap Dog.

Quote:
Now, Jimbei in the other hand stopped been one because he was strongly against what they wanted, and hence looked what happened to him. he is cool....remind me of a poster with he same name..whatever happened to him....
Jinbei, has been buddies with one of the WG most hated Pirate enemies, let me know when he was truly a lap dog.

Quote:
BTW, Why you said that everyone in the ENET is surprised at BB action? Weren’t you surprised as well that he is here? I can say I wasn’t, but that’s because this is an Oda Manga, and he is wacky enough to make Enel pop up any minute now.
I wasn't surprised, I just thought/assumed it was fake, so my hopes wouldn't be shattered, like so many other times before. I'm surprised at the E Net for acting like a Seven Armed Sea would never risk his title, and they obey the World Governments every command etc etc thinking, when the story pretty much gives us the opposite.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-14 at 11:16.
Old 2009-05-14, 11:25   Link #99
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
They are more like a bunch of Wild/Mad Dogs, and the owners can't risk getting rid of them for they live in a bad neighborhood.
They still respond to the WG, regardless on how they act, they are just rogue, but they still get orders form the WG, and anything they do against WG ethics if is not a minor thing, they keep it secret.

Quote:
Hancock wasn't even going to aid the World Government in the war, if it wasn't for Luffy, Some lap Dog.
You sure evade what I was talking about, Hancock will not come to the WG and say in their faces, “I inserted Luffy in ID.”

Quote:
Jinbei, has been buddies with one of the WG most hated Pirate enemies, let me know when he was truly a lap dog.
Jimbei been buddy with someone in the other side doesn’t means he wasnt following orders from the WG, what you said here made little sense.

Quote:
I wasn't surprised, I just thought it was fake.
Ok, you weren’t Surprised........... you didn’t believe it was the outcome that was going to happen.
Old 2009-05-14, 11:35   Link #100
SMASHERJACKSON

is it me or does BB never blink?
Closed Thread