AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 02:11   Link #1221
Creed
Mad Hatter

Send a message via Yahoo to Creed
While I agree the script was somewhat lack-lustre, I still immensely enjoyed the series, if for no other reason than this is the best we have right now. It was more fun than staring at the original works and imagining them moving! And at least its better than the OVA, in my opinion. So its an upward trend.

I'd be worried if it was universally regarded as a train wreck, then we'd probably get nothing else.
Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 20:08   Link #1222
dan-heron

so, I guess there will be a new art book along with the DVD BluRay, right?

.... also, dat cleavage....
dan-heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 20:11   Link #1223
mochichan

Yuri trolling lol~
Looking at the cover it's not done by Huke then?
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 20:31   Link #1224
dan-heron

there'll probably be Huke's original art in there, but the cover seems to be the 3d stuff they used for the anime
Old 2012-04-02, 03:41   Link #1225
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I started watching BRS 'cause I was curious about the premise of school girls and their counterparts in another world, the relationship between the two worlds - and the fact that I haven't watched the OVA yet. While I was fine with the series' last episode, I didn't exactly enjoy the previous episodes.

Episode 1 was OK, though its atmosphere was much darker than I'd expected. Then came the Kagari-at-the-hospital scene, and then Yomi acting deranged - that was when it really put me off. The girls' emotions and reactions became so overdramatic and exaggerated that I found them unrealistic, and they became difficult to watch and sympathize with. I would have probably liked BRS better if the psychological drama had been toned down to evenly match a normal high school setting, which I would have found easier to relate to.

Despite all the melodrama, the cast of characters and turn of events were interesting enough to keep me watching till the end. I particularly liked Mato's development and how Yuu and Strength's story was brought out. The premise is also very engaging, and like I mentioned earlier, one of the aspects that drew me into the show. A setting where the schoolgirls were rescued from despair by girls in another world; it was nice to see all the parallels between the girls in the real world and their alter egos.

Another attractive aspect of BRS is its animation. The battle scenes were very colourful and nicely animated, coupled with the wonderful character designs of the alter egos.

Overall, this series gets a 6.5/10 for me. Not outstanding, but still, a decent watch.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 04:08   Link #1226
FaiEatsRainbows
Wonderful Wonderholic

All I can say about the TV series is that I did not like it as much as the OVA. The character designs weren't as great, and they made the storyline weak with lots of plot holes and gaps, IMO. I did enjoy it though, but I still think it could have been better.
I'd give it a 7/10.
Old 2012-04-02, 05:58   Link #1227
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-heron View Post
so, I guess there will be a new art book along with the DVD BluRay, right?

.... also, dat cleavage....
Hmm...ordered the Figma Bluray bundle dunno if it'll be included there.
Old 2012-04-04, 06:51   Link #1228
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Chariot dare to touch BRS's harem? Doesn't she want to keep her head (literally)?

Well not the greatest , but the series are overall fairly interesting. Here is my understanding of what happened:
  1. The Another World is an arena~ish places where the like of Chariot, DM, BGS fighting, all emotionless, getting hurt to relieve real world pain/stress. Then if they die, they somehow revive and repeat the process
  2. Coming BRS who can seriously kill citizens of other worlds, and completely remove real girls pains/ stresses,and memories relating to them. So much that they almost changes personalities (Kagari, Kohata, Yomi)
  3. Strength in near death experiences gained emotions and switched place with Yuu under her request
  4. Saya want to help out Yuu(real) so she try to manage the Other World through BGS. She put stress on Yomi to awake Death Master to fight BRS
  5. Mato worried on Yomi, so she tried to get into Another World to save her. She was late and seeing herself killing Death Master. Mato lost her head => BRS awakes into IBRS
  6. More fights, IBRS versus Saya+BGS, then Yuu, then finally against Mato
  7. Mato defeat IBRS, turn her back to BRS, but does not kill her
  8. Strength die, return Yuu back to real world. Strength later is revived, meet up BRS who probably have more emotional then

In short, BRS started everything, the final boss of this series all alone.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-04-04 at 07:03.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 07:55   Link #1229
Liddo-kun
is this so?

A little late on watching the final episode. Not putting it in spoiler anymore since people are already talking about it. What mostly got my attention is the look of horror in Mato's face realizing she can barely move after IBRS beat her up.

But like an action hero, Mato recovers and challenge IBRS with a gun of her own. IBRS smile and accept the offer of battle. IBRS weapon proves superior, but Mato is able to produce an even bigger gun (with the help of the others? I'm not sure) which finally overwhelm IBRS.

I almost cry when Strength was starting to disappear.. good thing she got revived. Back in the real world, things have been fixed up, Kagari, Yomi, Mato, Yuu become friends with each other, and Saya is back to being the nice guidance counselor. A happy ending.

Oh, and lastly.. when Strength was wandering around the Other World she became alert when sensing the presence of someone, but relaxed when she saw that it's BRS. Does this mean that Strength, and possibly also the otherworld selves of Mato's friends are now exempted from BRS kill list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Chariot dare to touch BRS's harem? Doesn't she want to keep her head (literally)?
She could put it back anyway. So no worries.

*just kidding
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 11:38   Link #1230
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Oh, and lastly.. when Strength was wandering around the Other World she became alert when sensing the presence of someone, but relaxed when she saw that it's BRS. Does this mean that Strength, and possibly also the otherworld selves of Mato's friends are now exempted from BRS kill list?
The assumption is that there's a truce for now between the Otherselves we've come to see (Chariot, Dead Master, etc.). This doesn't necessarily mean that they won't fight in the future (since even very close female friends will still eventually have misunderstandings and quarrels), but until then it's live and let live as far as BRS is concerned.
Old 2012-04-04, 16:08   Link #1231
Cannikin

The single greatest thing to come from this series is the dramatic increase in BRS fanart production on Pixiv. I'm having a hard time keeping my collection up to date.

Now if only more of it was of BGS...
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 20:01   Link #1232
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for group:

Spoiler for cute:

Spoiler for this is cute too:

Spoiler for got angry:
Old 2012-04-07, 22:35   Link #1233
dan-heron

Yuu was right. Mato is a pervert
Old 2012-04-08, 04:36   Link #1234
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This series is the one one that will really mind fuck you.
My friend said the simplest way to see this series is that there is a world where girls/women's negative emotions goes too and if they're killed that world their negative emotions int he real world disapears.
Old 2012-04-09, 00:53   Link #1235
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Even in the online games the story is different.....Only BRS can get away with this.

Puchitto Rock Shooter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdhCZwaWPTg
Old 2012-04-09, 07:47   Link #1236
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Looks like a fun game.
BRS is cool wherever she goes.

The manga story is quite different from the anime as well.
Won't elaborate on the differences, since this is an anime thread.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:32   Link #1237
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Every BRS media is different.

Even the real identity is different. Anime it's Mato, game it's Stella, online it's BRS.

For me I would love to see a story, LN or even a new anime which is Huke's story about BRS. There are alot of other characters not yet introduced like Geshumaru which is a pretty badass robot controlled by a girl.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:52   Link #1238
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for image:
Old 2012-04-20, 21:11   Link #1239
dan-heron

More sample pics I found in the intrawebs. There are probably more

Spoiler for pics:
Old 2012-05-08, 11:07   Link #1240
kaitok
Inspired Musician

YES I FINALLY FOUND THE THREAD!! how could this thread die off? I'm kindda sad that its so hard to find this thread -.-

anyway, damn, i think I'm the only I.BRS fan here. somehow I was more attracted to I.BRS than any other characters... Even to the normal BRS or DM. There aren't many wallpapers for her though, I'm quite sad about it.

Tags
action, slice of life