AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 22:06   Link #581
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mashiro she looks so cute in the yukata
Old 2012-10-30, 22:39   Link #582
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
She smiled..... She smiled...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 22:58   Link #583
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
She smiled..... She smiled...
She also cried as well you know

EDIT:

Guess who's coming to play?

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 23:13   Link #584
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She also cried as well you know

EDIT:

Guess who's coming to play?

for some reason when i saw "new comer" i was thinking more "NEW CHALLENGER!!" like from smash bros.
Old 2012-10-30, 23:15   Link #585
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well honestly, this episode did a lot for me to say that I'm content to just sit back and enjoy what's going on. I still think Shiina's characterization really hurts this show, and I kinda think Jin would have been a more interesting main character, but at least the narrative has been rather steady and solid, which I highly appreciate. I think I'm content to wait it out and see if it can further convince me.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 23:34   Link #586
garbage

wow imouto Kanda Yuuko coming to play, expect some comedy hijinks when being introduced to Mashiro. another brocon...? >.<

Aoyama looks surprised, guess hearing about Sorata's decision not to leave Sakurasou!
but looks like she not about to give up
いつも全力投球! >itsumo zenryouku toukyu > (I'll) always give it everything I got
恋も夢もあきらめない> koi mo yume mo akiramenai > (I ) won't give up my dreams or my love
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 01:59   Link #587
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*sigh*

Lots of things to like in ep4, but Sorata is a character I have problems with. Bluntly put, he's an overreacting idiot. So he's got his priorities wrong without realizing it at first - fine. His pseudo-self-loathing scene in the rain was the second time I wanted to punch him. Man up for chrissakes. But in the end, when he was in this ridiculous panicky rush, I only wanted to toss him into the acid pits. So - I'm sorry - unlike others I'm not happy with the writing for this episode. The melodrama was way overdone, less would have been much more. If you want to create a mostly "normal" character, please avoid inconsistent overreactions like this.

So, while I still really enjoy the series, please try for a bit more balanced writing.

Oh, and whoever dumps on J.C.Staff in a general way is clueless about anime. Yes, they can be hit-and-miss, but their hit rate way overshadows their wrecks. If a show I like was to be animated, I'd take J.C.Staff over 75% of the competition.
For once I agree with you. I thought it was way overdone myself. Though, I'm surprised you thought so, considering you enjoy KNIM, which had a ton of melodrama itself. :P Kanda at the end just made me want to facepalm. The panicking and yelling just felt so out of place.

I've liked what I've seen from J.C. Staff, too. Nodame Cantabile is still one of my favorite animes.
Old 2012-10-31, 02:53   Link #588
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I found Mashiro incredibly sweet this episode for some reason.
She kinda knows what she wants -- even though she claims otherwise. It's written all over her face.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 02:58   Link #589
Seitsuki
Onee!

Guys, it's a given that men in shows like these will be pathetic. I won't go into the whole audience surrogate argument but suffice to say I don't think any of us are watching the show to see him develop and grow. I mean, we all know what we're really here for right? And this ep delivered that in spades, so let's not complain about the sideact
Old 2012-10-31, 03:04   Link #590
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Guys, it's a given that men in shows like these will be pathetic. I won't go into the whole audience surrogate argument but suffice to say I don't think any of us are watching the show to see him develop and grow. I mean, we all know what we're really here for right? And this ep delivered that in spades, so let's not complain about the sideact
Speak for yourself- I'm here for the whole package

And I don't think either of them are pathetic for having some flaws.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:06   Link #591
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Eh? I think you're doing the protagonist a disservice in this case as, for all his failings, I think he actually has a significant likelihood of being developed and showing significant growth over the course of the story. While of course I think the various heroines will be the main hightlight, I don't think this is fundamentally an anime where the lead character doesn't matter at all (or where he's just a nobody with no personality there to enable the plot). So all in all, I guess I have to completely disagree with you. If anything, I think many of the problems people have with the protagonist are simply because he hasn't "arrived" yet. (Well, and some of them may be just the way he's portrayed/acted in the anime, which could be more of a directorial choice, I guess.)
Old 2012-10-31, 03:21   Link #592
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Eh? I think you're doing the protagonist a disservice in this case as, for all his failings, I think he actually has a significant likelihood of being developed and showing significant growth over the course of the story.
I agree. He's not a downright pathetic loser, as the case in most drama/harem type series. Instead, he is an unfocused character, who can unlock his own potential; and Shiina is functioning as the catalyst.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 03:25   Link #593
tsunade666

Quote:
I did come here to see the girls but I ended up liking the boy's character more

totally unexpected for me because if you look at the illustration shown before and the synopsis. It didn't help much in introducing the characters which is a total surprise that I will ended up liking the story and character. Each has significant role. Even the shut-in Ryuunosuke is helping out in developing Sorata's character. He hasn't shown up but he is a great support. And Jin even if he is a player. He has his goal straight but still suffer inferiority complex. Facing the reality that even if he tried to be someone competent for Misaki. The editors are saying his story sucks still hurts bad. Though he is not giving up but he is also lying to Misaki which is making Misaki cry. Which my like for him is even for how I hate his guts. I hate it when girls cry. And Sorata.... Sorata has a bland and colorless start but it looks like the color of Sakurasou is starting to color his colorless life up.

Is the new character Sorata's imouto? she reminds me of Misaki and I don't remember the family name of Sorata and Misaki but someone said she is a brocon and Misaki is a girl thus I think she is Sorata's sister.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:44   Link #594
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hm, maybe I wasn't very clear. It's just that Sorata is so.. I see a lot of me in him lol. Indecisive, lost, unable to face himself. I never liked that in me and I won't like it in others either.. but that's just my opinion. Doubly ironic since if he gets better I'll probably hate him for that too. Think they summed it up in the ep: somehow it's just really hard to see others rise even as you yourself are stuck unable to pull free. Life.

Anyways I could either brood about that or I could just come to watch moe girls doing moe things. Guess which is easier.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:55   Link #595
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
NSFW
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Megami

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2012-10-31 at 04:23.
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 04:13   Link #596
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hm, maybe I wasn't very clear. It's just that Sorata is so.. I see a lot of me in him lol. Indecisive, lost, unable to face himself. I never liked that in me and I won't like it in others either.. but that's just my opinion. Doubly ironic since if he gets better I'll probably hate him for that too. Think they summed it up in the ep: somehow it's just really hard to see others rise even as you yourself are stuck unable to pull free. Life.

Anyways I could either brood about that or I could just come to watch moe girls doing moe things. Guess which is easier.
You know, there's nothing to be tsun-tsun about; if you look back a couple of pages you'll see a lot of guys who can relate to Sorata as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
NSFW
Nyantype
Sigh, why wasn't this in the episode... then again I guess I wouldn't be able to enjoy it with all the drama....
Old 2012-10-31, 08:53   Link #597
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really thought this episode delivered everything I was hoping for. Sorata still had some low points left to wade through before finally clawing his way out of it and starting to chase his own goal.

Thought the manga was great for laughs and also expressing Mashiro's real feelings. The ending she really wanted and the words she had wanted to say while on that bridge. While in reality she just kind of took Sorata's words and played the ending out the way things were looking, a bad and rushed ending. No way Sorata could just sit there after seeing that wish Mashiro wrote and seeing the manga.

Everything just turned out well with Mashiro's manga getting the clear with the new ending and just seeing her smile when Sorata called her name. Much as getting her debut was nice, obviously the fact that he's staying is even more important to her.

Then of course Jin and Misaki's teasing was just gold . Though owe Jin credit for waiting until everything was settled before bursting in there.

Just a fun episode. Can certainly relate to Sorata a bit in this episode, but in the end everything ends with a smile.
Old 2012-10-31, 08:58   Link #598
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Images
trick or treat!!
Old 2012-10-31, 09:33   Link #599
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Images
trick or treat!!
It's a tough call, but I think Megami wins this time.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:38   Link #600
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I don't follow this thread, so if I inadvertently repeat something others have said, my apologies in advance. Of the three "romance" series I'm following this season — Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte ii na yo and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo — I like Tonari the best because I regard it to be this season's most perceptive take on a well-trodden formula. In comparison, while Sakurasou makes for easy watching, but it hasn't really broken any new ground for me.

But Ep4 has been a notable exception. It resonates very strongly on a personal level, because I know only too well the bitter mix of jealousy and admiration that Sorata and Jin feel — those deep, depressing feelings of inadequacy that come from being around people who seem so effortlessly talented that they make you appear worthless and stupid in comparison. Those conflicted feelings of schadenfreude that arise even when you know you should be happy for a friend's success — well, that basically described the me that I was throughout most of my late adolescence and early adulthood. Hmm, scratch that: even as an increasingly stout man approaching middle age, I'm still can't say for sure that I have managed to conquer this personal demon.

So, even if the rest of the series stays more-or-less bland to me, I'd be glad at least that this particular episode was produced. It speaks a truth that I can personally attest to, a hard-earned experience that deserves to be written into story.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life