AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-17, 04:55   Link #101
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
That means Toradora and ZnT are out of question for you
That's the thing though,according to his MAL he gave Toradora a 9 despite the fact it has a tsundere that calls the MC her dog
So I'm curious as to how Toradora got a 9 from him.
Old 2012-11-17, 05:19   Link #102
monir
cho~ kakkoii

*Ahem*

If someone doesn't like a series for whatever reason, it's not the end of the world for the rest who like it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's move on!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 05:44   Link #103
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
*raise eyebrow at your 'know-all' seer ability*

Tempester, I for one, don't really like to read love comedies and harem stories, except for a select few. I never thought of picking up OreShura until I heard that it had sold over a 100,000 copies in just 5 to 6 months with 2 volumes, 2 drama CDs in the works, and 3 manga serializations. That's a top-notch performance for a novel serialization that only had 2 volumes (then) and is of a love comedy + harem genre (which pretty much makes up over 50% of light novels these days). I gave it a try and it entered my regular reading list. People who know me know that love comedies (especially those with harems) made up less than 20% of my regular reading list. I have dropped many after volume 1 (OniAi, Mayo Chiki, IS, and a bunch of other MF Bunko titles which I'm not going to try to remember). Note that I'm not advocating that this is really a great series, or it has outstanding writing, unique characters, a great plot, all of which can be subjective (Just that it happens to fit some of my eccentric reading requirements and touch on things that I'm personally interested in). But I'm just sharing my experience here.

There are series which one has to get into to really know what it's like, and there are series which one can form judgments and expectations from summaries and reviews alone. This is one of the former types for me personally. As for you, I have no idea which type would it be and it's for you to decide. While it's perfectly fine for you to start making judgments at such an early stage, whether they are ill-formed or not, I'm sure most of us will appreciate it if you can keep the more extreme ones, which are not backed by intimate knowledge of the content, to yourself.
Completely agree with Larethian though. People have their own preferences for fiction, and there's no global standard in which one is better. Just take a look at survey on KonoRano and anyone would realize that this LN actually have very high ranking in it (very impressive considering that this LN started out with quite weak, stereotypical harem romcom start). What doesn't work for Tempester (and probably non-Japan culture) might actually is the one that strikes the chord of Japanese readers. The kind of premise a series has is just a matter of taste and *ahem* no one has the right to said their preference is better than the others.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 08:54   Link #104
larethian

ROFL I felt that I just need to reply to the comment properly, so let me do it again without mentioning the thing I'm not supposed to mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some invisible guy's comment
oh wow it sold well that means it is the best series
Can you go back to my previous post, re-read it slowly a few times and indicate to me where I actually insinuated this in any way?
Knowing how well it did just made me gave it a try, and I'm just sharing my experience to alleviate possible pre-judging. That's all there is to it.

note especially this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by from my own post
Note that I'm NOT advocating that this is really a great series, or it has outstanding writing, unique characters, a great plot
Peace.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 10:35   Link #105
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
*Ahem*

If someone doesn't like a series for whatever reason, it's not the end of the world for the rest who like it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's move on!
Yea, especially those who don't like the genre in question in the first place.

Sorry, but this is a matter of manners that annoys me to no end. I have no problem if someone writes something along the lines of "I think I'm not going to like this, because...", even if the "because" explanation is factually wrong. That's fine in my book. THAT is an opinion.

What is NOT fine is "I already know this is going to be sh*t, because..." - then you better make sure that the "because" explanation is at least defensible. But if this is even matched with the open admission that you are absolutely clueless about the material, this isn't a mere "opinion" anymore, it becomes a derogatory insult for those people who actually like it. And in this case, I reserve the right to call clueless idiots "clueless idiots" by mirroring their lack of manners right back at them. Experience shows that clueless idiots don't like being called that, and if they leave the thread annoyed, it improves the atmosphere for those fans who remain and want to discuss the series WITHOUT the disturbance of people who insist on p*ssing into their swimming pool.

So sorry - I'm not trying to start a flamewar here. But is it too much to ask to inform yourself properly BEFORE you dump on an anime? Please...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 13:39   Link #106
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Going back in topic, the official site for this has been lately updated a bunch of details and stuff (events on Akihabara with an special voice track CD and events on net shows like the one from Yuka Otsubo), they are obviously trying to pump up the hype for this.

(Kinda old, but) , you can check more stuff on the GABunko channel if you are good at nihongo, most stuff is only at "interview level" though, so don't expect to see early scenes of the anime or stuff like that

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-11-17 at 13:59.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 13:59   Link #107
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Going back in topic, the official site for this has been lately updated a bunch of details and stuff (events on Akihabara with an special voice track CD and events on net shows like the one from Yuka Otsubo), they are obviously trying to pump up the hype for this.

(Kinda old, but) , you can check more stuff on the GABunko channel if you are good at nihongo
This song was so sweet. But why is Masuzu singing a image song for Nyaruko here ? Maybe it's due to GA Bunko publishing both titles.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:56   Link #108
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well, I find it strange to so emphatically declare a show as crap when you haven't seen it. Especially when the cause is that the preview is trying to push it as a generic love triangle comedy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I've certainly had a negative response to premises before, but it was the vehemence that surprised me.

I mean, if you're going to rage about an anime premise, generic harem rom-com premises seems an unlikely place to start.

I'd be more upset about the lolicon and obsession with little sisters. Seems like there's at least one show a season now. Those are the premises that give anime a bad name and makes it hard for anime fans.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:10   Link #109
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I totally forgot that this one was going to have an anime. Did it announce already about the release date?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:23   Link #110
sky black swordman

^Just the month, January. Nothing on the day.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:55   Link #111
tsunade666

January? scheduled for winter?

Then its probably the first 2 weeks. Around those time.
Old 2012-11-19, 04:07   Link #112
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
See, that actual premise is a lot better. Why they couldn't sell that instead of the generic one I don't know.
That said, I can still see the anime being significantly worse than the source material. Any story reliant on subtlety usually is.
But what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I need to stop being so bitter about things anyway.
Because it being that instead of the generic premise is suppose to be a surprise... a twist of sorts so to say. Also the director (who's also a great animator) for this did a great job with Bunny Drop so I expect a fairly good shake @ an adaptation, it's not like this is by ZEXCS. The head writer in charge also did both Horizon seasons and a lot of Hagani which seemed to be pretty faithful when possible AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Actually, Yukarin's serious voice is very sexy. I'm surprised some people are put off by her.
Sure, I as many others here fist thought of Saito (and Yukana in my case as well) when reading Masuzu's lines, but Yukarin is just as good.
The funny thing is if Saito never did Hitagi noone would say she would be better suited for this role than Yukarin. Yukarin's an experience seiyuu, i'm sure she'll do a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I mean, if you're going to rage about an anime premise, generic harem rom-com premises seems an unlikely place to start.
Nah, should rage about Sky Girls/Strike Witches clones.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 05:28   Link #113
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
...it's not like this is by ZEXCS...
Even if the source material has the shittiest premise ever or the most boring plot, THIS is always a reason to CELEBRATE! ♪ LALALA ♫ lOh-lOH-LO ♬ YAHOO!

(ZEXCS, I hope you are reading this, please just die off already......)
Old 2012-11-19, 08:23   Link #114
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Natsukawa Masuzu = Chiwa Saitou????? pure win!!

okay! I'm never expecting this one is going to get animated...
but I give my full support! make a good adaptation for this one please!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 08:31   Link #115
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
ZEXCS is alive and well and doing a good job on sukitte ii na yo , and if Arve Rezzle , Cuticle Tantei Inaba and Aku no Hana turn out as good as they sound I'd say they're turning into a respectable studio.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:24   Link #116
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
ZEXCS is alive and well and doing a good job on sukitte ii na yo , and if Arve Rezzle , Cuticle Tantei Inaba and Aku no Hana turn out as good as they sound I'd say they're turning into a respectable studio.
Well, no matter what they do, my hatred for them runs so deep that it will never cease until they get destroyed.

BOT, if they are fateful to the original manzai, I'll definitely have a good time with this show. That being said, I nearly forgot, one of the key themes in this series is Ji-En-Otsu (JIsaku jiEN OTSUkare --> which is literally an ironic expression that congratulates one for self-directing, self-acting from a self-written script). One thing that impresses me is that this theme is consistent throughout the series and rather artfully done. And the way it kinds of draw a parallel to the relationship of the main pairing makes it even better.
Old 2012-11-19, 10:54   Link #117
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Why sir, that is outdated information. Masuzu will be voiced by Yukari Tamura in the anime.
Old 2012-11-19, 18:29   Link #118
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
It is as @Coldlight posted above, and the rest of the anime voice cast is as followed:
Quote:
Ryota Ohsaka: Eita Kidō
Chinatsu Akasaki: Chiwa Harusaki
Yukari Tamura: Masuzu Natsukawa
Hisako Kanemoto: Himeka Akishino
Ai Kayano: Ai Fuyuumi
Old 2012-11-25, 21:42   Link #119
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

I have mentioned this one before, but the official site has been uploading with a bunch of info, right now the site was slightly redesigned to be more graphic so there are a bunch of images of the characters everywhere, furthermore they are usually updating with events each day or close to that; for example compared to the last time I checked now there are a bunch of wallpapers, more info about the staff that works on this, information about the ending theme (song by Tamura Yukari) and other stuff that I haven't made head and tails as of now
Old 2012-11-26, 21:46   Link #120
Insane
Banned

Quote:
What? You're still traumatized by crappy adaptation of Itsuten?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen