AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: What Was Your Favorite Episode Of Suzumiya Haruhi
Episode 1 21 7.58%
Episode 2 11 3.97%
Episode 3 1 0.36%
Episode 4 5 1.81%
Episode 5 5 1.81%
Episode 6 4 1.44%
Episode 7 1 0.36%
Episode 8 0 0%
Episode 9 16 5.78%
Episode 10 42 15.16%
Episode 11 24 8.66%
Episode 12 86 31.05%
Episode 13 5 1.81%
Episode 14 56 20.22%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-03, 01:47   Link #21
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

After seeing this episode, I'd have to say episode 14. I love episode 10 as much as everyone else here, with Yuki's pwnage and a great action scene and all, but episode 14 is probably the best in terms of story development and the overall atmosphere. Personally, I think they couldn't have chosen a better episode to end this season with.
Old 2006-07-03, 03:01   Link #22
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Since I am a sucker for Legend of Galactic Heroes....so ep 11 is my choice.
Old 2006-07-03, 04:10   Link #23
McMilk
*Artist

Episode 10 of course;
just look at all the blood 0.o
Old 2006-07-03, 05:53   Link #24
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol this poll should be opened only after the episode 14 subs are out, its ratings rival episode 10's
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-03, 05:54   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I.......really can't say. I loved them all!
Old 2006-07-03, 06:04   Link #26
Lazy Shikamaru

wtf the series is over????
Old 2006-07-03, 06:09   Link #27
Turambar
Procrastination Major

I'd go with 12.

Yuki + lead guitar + magician outfit = best ep ever!

lol, I didn't even notice the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern parody with Koizumi, now I like it even more, one of my favorite comedies
Old 2006-07-03, 06:10   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Shikamaru
wtf the series is over????
Yes, and these set of threads by catgirls are 'debriefing' threads, Haruhi-sama takes debriefing really seriously.

I know many of us are entering melancholy state ourselves.

Old 2006-07-03, 21:19   Link #29
Furudanuki

It is almost impossible to choose a single episode from this series as my favorite! But episode #10 showed us a glimpse of the true awesomeness that is Yuki, and also the grown-up Mikuru as a bonus feature. So that is where I have decided to cast my vote. BTW, I just finished watching episode #14 - a truly stupendous ending to a stand-out series.
Old 2006-07-03, 21:55   Link #30
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hmm, both the baseball and school festival eps are tempting, not to mention the awesomeness of Yuki against Ryoko... but my vote goes to 14. It was just such a beatiful and perfect end to a perfect series.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:05   Link #31
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Episode 11 was my favorite, mainly because I like rts games and scifi. Note that favorite doesn't necessarily mean I think it was the best episode, only the one I liked best.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:22   Link #32
Anime Online

I'll go with Episode 1 : The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru. The reason being it's so bad it's good. I went from "Um, did I get the wrong anime? What's this?" at the start to "Hmm, this is good. This is good." during the halfway point.

The other episodes are great, such as episode 10 : The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi IV (Yuki vs Ryoko battle) and episode11 : Day of Sagittarius, but these did not have to overcome a "This looks bad.." biasness I felt when I started playing episode1.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:25   Link #33
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
I'll go with Episode 1 : The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru. The reason being it's so bad it's good. I went from "Um, did I get the wrong anime? What's this?" at the start to "Hmm, this is good. This is good." during the halfway point.

The other episodes are great, such as episode 10 : The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi IV (Yuki vs Ryoko battle) and episode11 : Day of Sagittarius, but these did not have to overcome a "This looks bad.." biasness I felt when I started playing episode1.
Yes episode 1 is great, but it tied with episode 14 for me and I chose 14.

And lol, you edited pretty fast

Old 2006-07-03, 22:27   Link #34
Major Kerina

Send a message via AIM to Major Kerina Send a message via MSN to Major Kerina
I do need to give episode 13 major kudos for making a very dry part of the first book quite compelling and watchable.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:33   Link #35
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kerina
I do need to give episode 13 major kudos for making a very dry part of the first book quite compelling and watchable.
Actually I thought chapter 6 was really exciting, much more than episode 13. First Asahina-san appeared, next Haruhi tells Kyon about her thoughts. Then Itsuki shows shows the truth of closed spaces, esper action and how everything is related to Haruhi which was much better in words than kyoani showed.

But I don't mean episode 13 is bad, there's no such thing as a bad episode for this anime lol

Old 2006-07-03, 22:47   Link #36
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I can't decide.

Really, I can't. Some episodes I like more, some not so much, but I can't just point to one and say "This is my favourite, and nothing else". There's just so many great scenes spread out over so many episodes.

I can't decide if I want to vote for Tsuruya-appearance (ep 4, ep 12), for Asakura-appearance (ep 10), for Yuki-ownage (ep 10, ep 11), for concert animations (ep 12), for rewatchability (ep 2, ep 4, ep 7, ep 10, ep 14), for Imouto-chan (ep 6), for music (ep 2, ep 12, ep 14)... the list goes on.

This will take a while to choose.
Old 2006-07-03, 23:06   Link #37
LCeh

Wow, what a tough question. Very very tough.

But I THINK I am leaning towards voting for episode 2. I thought episode 1 was Haruhi was funny, but I didn't really understand what was going on, but then after watching episode 2, everything became so clear, episode 1 seemed so clever, and it just made the whole series so interesting.

In other words, it was the second episode that won me over and got me very very interested in this show. I thought it was funny after the first ep, but I felt that this series was going to be spectacular after episode 2, and it turned out that way.
Old 2006-07-03, 23:19   Link #38
The Sphinx

I voted for Episode 1. After all this it was never topped. Several reasons:

It's the most stunning visually. Episode 10 has explosive effects, Episode 12 has the jaw-dropping 2:40 concert sequence, the rest of the series maintains a lofty standard that many shows can't reach in their best moments. Episode 1 tops them all. It takes a lot of work to make hand-drawn animation look like a bad student film shot with crappy DV equipment. They had to add oversaturation/undersaturation, the (intentionally bad) focus effects, the unconventional camera angles, the high detail on the mundane backgrounds (how much time did they spend drawing that stationery store?), the little acting screw-ups that had to be carefully animated in. I would guess they spent the most time and money on episode 1 out of the whole series.

It's the funniest episode. Kyon's deadpan humor really shines. He's a natural narrator and he plays that role through the whole series, but since he is literally narrating the film (and doesn't have any spoken-out-loud lines himself until the end) his commentary flows better in episode 1. His introduction of each character is hilarious: Yuki's is "Even if she were ordinary, she sure doesn't look like a normal person and naturally, she was actually an evil magician. And an alien on top of that." The action can't get more ludicrous- Mikuru running past the camera not once but three times, the god-awful "fight scenes" between Yuki and Mikuru, Tsuruya-san's inability to stay in character ("Sorry, Mikuru. I'm being mind-controlled, you see."), Itsuki's cringe-worthy overacting... God, it just goes on and on and on.

Third, it's a sort of series-in-miniature. The student film is packed full of clues about the nature of SOS-dan, about the motives of the characters, and about the crazy mindset of Haruhi herself. Itsuki and Yuki break into long, laborious arguments that seem to have nothing to do with the plot of the movie, but a great deal with the plot of the show. Each character's role is closer to fact than fiction. And the muddled, non-linear, genre-busting plot of the student film mirrors the layout of the show's storyline. Episode 1 tells you almost nothing about the real circumstances of SOS-Dan and barely shows the faces of the two main characters- yet it accurately imitates (and spoofs) the rest of the series.

If Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu has a lasting impact on the anime industry as a whole it will be due to the extraordinary qualities of Episode 1. It transformed the series from a tiny blip on the radar to The Hit Show of the season literally overnight.
Old 2006-07-03, 23:22   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

You're making me regret voting for episode 14 lol, it was episode 1 that made me a Haruhist as well.

Old 2006-07-04, 00:04   Link #40
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
episode 12 is surely my top, it felt like it was the true ending sequence and the music scene was good.
Closed Thread