AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-29, 20:33   Link #5201
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Trident is both the spell and the CAD, so it might be either of them and to be honest the logic here of the author is not very good, so tatsuya can beat Lina who is the strongest magician in the USNA army without going all out but somehow he needs to go all out to beat Yanagi or Kazama who are powerful magicians in their own right but still, it's like comparing Miyuki(Tatsuya) to Mayumi(Yanagi/Kazama), both hold amazing magic abilites but one of them is just too damn good power wise.
Lina is just a 16 year-old girl and she's too naive and soft, which was her demise in her fight against Tatsuya. Tatsuya used his abilities like Decomposition in his fight against her, but she didn't have any abilities that warranted using Trident. I suspect that the only reason Tatsuya would need Trident to beat Yanagi and Kazuma is that they have abilities that Tatsuya wouldn't be able to counter without Trident. In the end, battles aren't just about power. They're about compatibility.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:35   Link #5202
Quol
That Guy

Erika likes Tatsuya and thinks of Leo as a comrade or pupil, but if your looking for some kind of relationship to develope between Erika and Tatsuya...well lets say the chance of LeoxErika is higher
Old 2013-06-29, 20:38   Link #5203
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Erika likes Tatsuya and thinks of Leo as a comrade or pupil, but if your looking for some kind of relationship to develope between Erika and Tatsuya...well lets say the chance of LeoxErika is higher
Damn it, well I might start reading it again who knows, but thanks.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:51   Link #5204
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Lina is just a 16 year-old girl and she's too naive and soft, which was her demise in her fight against Tatsuya. Tatsuya used his abilities like Decomposition in his fight against her, but she didn't have any abilities that warranted using Trident. I suspect that the only reason Tatsuya would need Trident to beat Yanagi and Kazuma is that they have abilities that Tatsuya wouldn't be able to counter without Trident. In the end, battles aren't just about power. They're about compatibility.
The title "strongest magician of the USNA army" was given to her while taking into account her personally and experience and everything. And if we're talking about compatibility Tatsuya basically has the worse compatibility with Lina since she has Parade which he hates not to mention that he was doing his best not to kill her which is very hard to do for him considering that all of his offensive magic are deadly.
If Tatsuya needs Trident to beat Kazama or Yanagi because he has AGAIN bad compatibility with them magic-wise then the author really needs to stop doing this and just come up with some other reason why Tatsuya is having a hard time, what are the odds that every single time tatsuya faces a problematic opponent he happens to have specific counters to him.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:02   Link #5205
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Damn it, well I might start reading it again who knows, but thanks.
for now, probably tatsuya has higher chance because of erika's family background.
Rozen family seems interested in Tatsuya.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:17   Link #5206
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
for now, probably tatsuya has higher chance because of erika's family background.
Rozen family seems interested in Tatsuya.
O.o really, hmm now i'm interested, it's just that I like their interactions with each other, since it seem that apart from his sister Erika is the only one that can bring him out of his comfort zone at least where i'm at in the LN, thanks for the reply.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:28   Link #5207
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
The title "strongest magician of the USNA army" was given to her while taking into account her personally and experience and everything. And if we're talking about compatibility Tatsuya basically has the worse compatibility with Lina since she has Parade which he hates not to mention that he was doing his best not to kill her which is very hard to do for him considering that all of his offensive magic are deadly.
If Tatsuya needs Trident to beat Kazama or Yanagi because he has AGAIN bad compatibility with them magic-wise then the author really needs to stop doing this and just come up with some other reason why Tatsuya is having a hard time, what are the odds that every single time tatsuya faces a problematic opponent he happens to have specific counters to him.
Well, I think that the author is being realistic here and I actually prefer it that way. Besides, the title "strongest magician of the USNA army" was not given to Lina after she personally battled every other USNA soldier, just the former Sirius, I think and he's got the worst compatibility with the parasites Also, you should note that Parade would prove difficult against pretty much every other magician and that all of Tatsuya's weaknesses shown are the vulnerabilities of other magicians. So the author isn't just discriminating against Tatsuya.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:51   Link #5208
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
O.o really, hmm now i'm interested, it's just that I like their interactions with each other, since it seem that apart from his sister Erika is the only one that can bring him out of his comfort zone at least where i'm at in the LN, thanks for the reply.
I welcome you to the family!!!!

Spoiler for vol 7:

They say Erika x Leo is a higher chance but not from what I read....
from what I read Erika's overreaction came from Tatsuya asking wheres Leo, but Erika isnt a Tsundere character cuz I didnt say that she was blushing its purely in denial as a matter of fact she had a displeasured look on her face and who would wanna talk about a guy linking you in front of someone you like, worst thing is the one who initiate it was the someone you have a crush on. Beside Erika is a perfectly normal young girl!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-06-29, 22:43   Link #5209
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Trident is both the spell and the CAD, so it might be either of them and to be honest the logic here of the author is not very good, so tatsuya can beat Lina who is the strongest magician in the USNA army without going all out but somehow he needs to go all out to beat Yanagi or Kazama who are powerful magicians in their own right but still, it's like comparing Miyuki(Tatsuya) to Mayumi(Yanagi/Kazama), both hold amazing magic abilites but one of them is just too damn good power wise.
He was referring the CAD "Trident" not the magic. "Trident" was not developed for the sole purpose of cast three consecutives decomposition magics. As was shown in the "Nine Schools Competition", a normal CAD cannot emulate Tatsuya's abilities very well, for example, in "Monolith Code" he was incapable of rendering his oponent unconcious like he did with Hattori. That being said, Tatsuya does not really need to use "Mist Dispersal" to win over Kasama or Yanagi, he stated that he cant win against them without "Trident" because his techniques are too complexes for a normal CAD to execute them.

There's nothing wrond with the logic of the author in this point.

Last edited by Ophis; 2013-06-29 at 22:58.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:51   Link #5210
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I welcome you to the family!!!!

They say Erika x Leo is a higher chance but not from what I read....
from what I read Erika's overreaction came from Tatsuya asking wheres Leo, but Erika isnt a Tsundere character cuz I didnt say that she was blushing its purely in denial as a matter of fact she had a displeasured look on her face and who would wanna talk about a guy linking you in front of someone you like, worst thing is the one who initiate it was the someone you have a crush on. Beside Erika is a perfectly normal young girl!
I also got that when I read the spoiler, i'll try starting to read were I left off, it's a good story even if it does go overboard with the explanations.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:22   Link #5211
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yes. It was mentioned in the Mayumi SS.
so in D7 arc, Koichi already know about Tatsuya identity as 101 squadron and as a Yotsuba member ? I do not know if he wants to start a war with Yotsuba
Old 2013-06-30, 07:49   Link #5212
nacer666

Koichi knows that 'a yotsuba' is a 101 member not 'shiba tatsuya'.And i don't think kudo told him what he knows.The wry look on kudo's face in D7 might mean he fears tatsuya's revenge.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:55   Link #5213
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Koichi knows that 'a yotsuba' is a 101 member not 'shiba tatsuya'.And i don't think kudo told him what he knows.The wry look on kudo's face in D7 might mean he fears tatsuya's revenge.
from summary web arc 6

Quote:
Hearing this story, Hayama (Maya's butler), says it may be the workings of Saegusa Koichi, the current head of the Saegusa
household, since his influence is strong in Tokyo. He warns Tatsuya that he needs to exercise more discretion for Miyuki's sake, since
it is too early for her to be connected to the Yotsuba, though Saegusa Koichi may already have an idea about her identity. Tatsuya
decides to leave all the data he obtained from Lina's trailer with Hayama and the clean up to Hayama.

Koichi seems to know Miyuki's identity
Old 2013-06-30, 08:31   Link #5214
CatRules
Shipper

This is one of many misunderstanding about this novel that I already got bored and tired to correct.

I can't understand why many people still think Koichi knew the sibling's identities as Yotsuba.

I can't understand why they take a translator's note and the Yotsuba's speculation as a fact.

I definitely can not understand why they still hold on that misconception despite seeing what happen in D7. (I mean how many time have I said that if Koichi knew the sibling's true identities, he would attack both of them instead of targeting only Tatsuya.)
Old 2013-06-30, 08:37   Link #5215
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

hmm...
could someone re upload or re-attache the links of all summarize of D7 for making sure whats the truth, please...
Old 2013-06-30, 08:47   Link #5216
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
I can't understand why they take a translator's note and the Yotsuba's speculation as a fact.
that's Web Arc 6 Summary.

i don't think that's translators note. because he translated that from Web arc.

Quote:
I definitely can not understand why they still hold on that misconception despite seeing what happen in D7. (I mean how many time have I said that if Koichi knew the sibling's true identities, he would attack both of them instead of targeting only Tatsuya.)
why would he attack them ?
he want to start a WAR with the Untouchable ?
Old 2013-06-30, 09:10   Link #5217
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
that's Web Arc 6 Summary.

i don't think that's translators note. because he translated that from Web arc.

why would he attack them ?
he want to start a WAR with the Untouchable ?

The translator note I mentioned is this.

Quote:
My Note: The "answer" is that someone (Shiba "Bad Ass" Tatsuya) from the Yotsuba family is within the 101 Squadron.
the one in the SS

His main goal is to weaken the Yotsuba

The reason he attack Tat in D7 is to damage the army which will weaken the Yotsuba(because he believe 101st is affiliated with the Yotsuba).

IF he REALLY knew Tat is one, he might be afraid of messing with him. In the worst case that Koichi really wants to destroy Yotsuba, he won't be this indirect and will target BOTH TAT and MIYUKI.

Look at the timeline and read carefully. It was less than one year from the SS to D7 and I don't think Koichi has an Alzheimer's.
Old 2013-06-30, 09:28   Link #5218
hakazee

Quote:
His main goal is to weaken the Yotsuba

The reason he attack Tat in D7 is to damage the army which will weaken the Yotsuba(because he believe 101st is affiliated with the Yotsuba).

IF he REALLY knew Tat is one, he might be afraid of messing with him. In the worst case that Koichi really wants to destroy Yotsuba, he won't be this indirect and will target BOTH TAT and MIYUKI.
he only want to cut ties between 101 and yotsuba. i think he did not attack him frontally and trying to kill him . it's like mind and political game.
Maya also know about what saegusa scheme but she keep silent that means she followed the game and play with him.
it's the best way to weaken them without starting a war with them.

how he can target Miyuki ? miyuki only has one secret that is as Yotsuba.
Old 2013-06-30, 09:33   Link #5219
nacer666

I think he is gonna learn the truth the hard way.
Old 2013-06-30, 11:46   Link #5220
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
from summary web arc 6

Koichi seems to know Miyuki's identity
not surprising. she looks exactly like her mother who was twins with his former fiancee.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings