Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Aizen has fallen on my list.
Lol. He better watch his back.
Old 2009-09-24, 12:55   Link #202
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
Out of curiousity, where does this love for Halibel come from? I mean, I dunno, I just find it hard to actually really care for a character we know nothing about. "Flashbacks" are kind of a lame way to make us feel for the character that has already died, but it's always a little too late. If he developed the the character's properly, built them up from the start to actually being a real character, then I might care a bit more if they die. But having these last minute pity parties, while it's cool to see their backstory, doesn't make me feel for the character anymore.
one word, BOOBIES!
yeah, thats pretty much it.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:00   Link #203
Lendial

shes well drawn mostly
Old 2009-09-24, 13:03   Link #204
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
one word, BOOBIES!
yeah, thats pretty much it.

Lol. Well someone was bound to say it eventually.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:06   Link #205
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
shes "well drawn" mostly
fixed it for clarity
Old 2009-09-24, 13:16   Link #206
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Um, Shawlong and Luppi might disagree with you...and I never disagreed that Sajin has always been treated as the "dog" of the series. But, since that wasn't your initial point (again, your original point, since you seem to have forgotten it, was that Hitsu-chan was important becuase he is a Captain), you poniting out Sajin's negative portrayal actually enhances my basic argument. Hitsu-chan is popular, so he gets to be more chapters and do more stuff; Sajin is not popular, so he does very little, and can be treated as "lesser" even though he should theoretically be of equal importance as Hitsu-chan and Ken-kun.

Again, Hitsu-chan receives an inordinate amount of focus in comparison to the other captains. This is because he's fan base is simply that much larger.

I am not sure why you are so surprised (and so vehemently reject) this basic idea. Creators will often use their popular characters to tell a story. Hitsu-chan is a very popular character. So why is it so hard to understand that Kubo uses a popular character like Hitsu-chan simply because he is popular? This is the same basic reason that amongst the B- and C-cast Shikimaru is used most prevalently over seemingly equal or greater ranked characters like Neji, Shino, etc.
No James you once again try to jump off the tracks, the main thesis here was your "Hitsugaya should have died ages ago if Kubo doesn't cater to the fans" argument [Even yo boy Haak tried to get in on this, lulz]. And I tell you that is a retarded argument cause good guys so far haven't died in this series at all. And then I went on and said Hitsugaya still gets the low end of the sticks cause he fights weak opponents and gets pwned/toyed with by Heavy hitters even though he is the fan favorite that's not catering.

Your so caught up with the "facetime" argument, who gives a pancake flip, He didn't get as much face time as Soi Fon in this war! Heck, didn't even fight a top tier opponent like she did too [I guess she is the fan favoirite] You think just being there equates to fanservice but no Hitsugaya's impacts are small he doesn't take the attention from the stage like a Saskue or a Luffy [Go check the chapters out now, that is fan favorite catering fanservice right there].

Quote:
...Which Aizen already did. From the OP: "Aizen finishes by saying Halibel is not good enough to fight under him." Aizen's reason for killing Haribel is because she is not good enough to fight under him. What's so hard to understand about that?

The real question you want to ask is why Aizen thinks Haribel is not good enough. And, for that question, I have no answer. .
^Bout time James you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

But I never said Hitsuguya lived because he was number one. I said he lived because he had a fanbase.
And my point is that captains live when they should die because they have a fanbase....
Well thank you for that inspector Gadget, I didn't know the captains would have a fanbase. You merely saying that is the reason why they live is totally assumption and ridiculous. I'm quite sure Halibel had a fanbase, guess what she is in hell now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
wait.. what?.
Read carefully..

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-09-24 at 13:36.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:25   Link #207
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Lol. He better watch his back.
x gonna give it to you
Old 2009-09-24, 13:33   Link #208
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Well thank you for that inspector Gadget, I didn't know the captains would have a fanbase. You merely saying that is the reason why they live is totally assumption and ridiculous. I'm quite sure Halibel had a fanbase, guess what she is in hell now.
It wasn't an assumption...
Okay then. Why do you think Kubo failed to capitalise on Hitsuguya's role in the Soul society arc?
Old 2009-09-24, 13:34   Link #209
Phenomenal
Banned

He didn't fail, Kubo's intentions were to have Hitsugyaya look like a fool and get physically pwned as well. That is what's on paper.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:36   Link #210
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Like I said. He did not capitalise on that.

There is no reason for him to be alive and his death would've have served a greater purpose to the plot. So why is he alive?
Old 2009-09-24, 13:39   Link #211
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Like I said. He did not capitalise on that.
Faceplam

Hitsugaya was played by Gin and Aizen and then Aizen totally humiliatiing him by pwning him with his Shikai. That is capaitlizing at it's best.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:40   Link #212
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No it wasn't. He still lived. Again, his death would have served a greater purpose to the plot.

I will repeat myself: Why is he still alive?
Old 2009-09-24, 13:47   Link #213
kakakka

Quote:
No it wasn't. He still lived. Again, his death would have served a greater purpose to the plot.
What's this "greater pupose again"? I"m lost.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:53   Link #214
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
What's this "greater pupose again"? I"m lost.
Oh sorry.

We're reffering to this
Old 2009-09-24, 13:56   Link #215
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:

Notice the trend starting with the first poll after hitsugaya was introduced:

Spoiler for poll 2:

Spoiler for poll 3:

Spoiler for Poll 4:

Mystery solved.
Old 2009-09-24, 14:04   Link #216
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Kubo Tite? Moar like Kubo TRITE, amirite?
Old 2009-09-24, 14:06   Link #217
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let'sFightingLove View Post
Kubo Tite? Moar like Kubo TRITE, amirite?
*Rolling tumbleweed*
Old 2009-09-24, 14:09   Link #218
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
^Bout time James you understand.
Not surprisenly, you clearly do not. Well, at least you are blissful (but sadly arrogant) in your ignorance.

---

In regards to this chapter, Kubo delivers yet another fun and interesting flashback. Just like Barry-kun's though, the flashback has very little bearing on the present events. It looks like Hari-chan will follow in the same footsteps as her sempai before her and have a nice flashback during the moment of her death, so at least we have that to look forward to...
Old 2009-09-24, 14:10   Link #219
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:

Sigh, death = capitalization always. What is wrong with you. Death would not be the capaitlizer cause this thang wasn't about Hitsu it was about Aizen and his betryal/reveal. The making Hitsu look like a fool and BADLY pwning him was the capitalization.
Old 2009-09-24, 14:11   Link #220
kakakka

Sad, these flashbacks only happens when someone dies...
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion