AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-07, 14:05   Link #8301
ellifeedn
Thinker

Can you explain what that line means?
Old 2011-03-07, 15:02   Link #8302
Allexis

Do you think that kind of girl, considered the most beautiful in To Aru majutsu no index?
Old 2011-03-07, 15:04   Link #8303
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

BAKA TSUKI IS DOWN AGAIN!!

Spoiler for my response:
Old 2011-03-07, 16:00   Link #8304
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allexis View Post
Do you think that kind of girl, considered the most beautiful in To Aru majutsu no index?
uhm, what? can you rephrase the question?
Old 2011-03-07, 16:46   Link #8305
Sandinwater

Talking about the "New Testament" novel...
Am I the only one who is really sad about Touma being taken out???
Not only that but the only person who liked Touma as the MAIN protagonist???

Last edited by Sandinwater; 2011-03-07 at 21:31.
Old 2011-03-07, 16:56   Link #8306
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Nope, you're the only one.

Touma will make a return in a new form someday, probably fully awakened to wreak the magic and science side.
Old 2011-03-07, 17:07   Link #8307
Sandinwater

Quote:
Touma will make a return in a new form someday, probably fully awakened to wreak the magic and science side.
Hopefully, I hope they will give him his own novel part at the least.
Old 2011-03-07, 17:39   Link #8308
outerelf

I liked Touma as the main protagonist!

Accelerator is kinda interesting, but also freaking annoying with all his 'I can't be in the light' whining. Or maybe it was all the doujins about his childhood that is making me bang my head against the wall?

I have no real opinion on Shiage. Haven't read, heard, or done much with him.
Old 2011-03-07, 17:50   Link #8309
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Or maybe it was all the doujins about his childhood that is making me bang my head against the wall?

This. Most definitely this.

In any case, every protagonist has it's up and down side.

Touma is the guy that would give the highest chance for a happy ending, for stories where the heroine has been suffering for too long and you want to give them a happy ending. I bet you if you drop Touma in Madoka right now he would call up Komoe sensei to learn that the Universe wouldn't be dying for another 100 trillion years at least. But he probably won't make any interesting decisions and his fights won't be as interesting. But his lack of power allows him to use in many situations.

Accelerator is the guy that you want to unleash unholy wraith on despicable enemies that need to die. He would make very interesting decisions and His power is versatile enough that he can use it in many ways to make his fights epic. But being too powerful has it's disadvantages in writing stories as you'll be force to find reasons why can't he just do 'B' instead of having to go one round to do 'A'. Oh yeah, the only thing I don't like about Accelerator is his over dependence on Last Order.

Shiage is... The Road runner?
Old 2011-03-07, 17:55   Link #8310
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
Talking about the "New Testament" novel...
Am I the only one who is really sad about Touma being taken out???
Not only that but the only person who liked Touma as the MAIN protagonist???
What is sad for me is that the tittle character, Index, didn't had much protagonism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Accelerator is kinda interesting, but also freaking annoying with all his 'I can't be in the light' whining. Or maybe it was all the doujins-h about his childhood that is making me bang my head against the wall?
Is the second that affects your opinion, his main gag is the "how to be an honourable villain".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Shiage is... The Road runner?
He is the Rambo, yet he is not like the generic shonen protagonist who never gets in love with a girl.
Old 2011-03-07, 18:55   Link #8311
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If I'm not wrong, the spoilers for vol 22 came out like 2 days before the official release date right? Hopefully that means this thread would get very bloated by tomorrow...
There's some new regulation in Japan preventing book stores from selling novels early, so that's why we aren't getting spoilers as fast as we were with vol 22. And for the record, we got spoilers for vol 22 a whole week before it was supposed to come out.

Also, .txt version of SS2 chapter 13 since BT is down, courtesy of js06 of course.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:18   Link #8312
Sandinwater

Quote:
What is sad for me is that the tittle character, Index, didn't had much protagonism.
So with the NT coming out does that mean that To Aru Majutsu no Index is over?
And Index won't be in it??? I'm confused...
Old 2011-03-07, 20:31   Link #8313
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He is the Rambo, yet he is not like the generic shonen protagonist who never gets in love with a girl.
Mah it's not completely unheard of for a shounen hero to have a love interest, but I have to give credit to Shiage for having a girlfriend AND still keep the other girls. Not many people can pull that off.

*cough*Nagasumi *cough*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
There's some new regulation in Japan preventing book stores from selling novels early, so that's why we aren't getting spoilers as fast as we were with vol 22. And for the record, we got spoilers for vol 22 a whole week before it was supposed to come out.
Hot damn, guess we'll have to hold out for 2 more days... -_-

Quote:
We don't know anything, all we know is that the upcoming volume would probably focus on science side with Accelerator and Shiage as the lead, seeing as how they are the only ones mentioned by name.

That is in no way confirmation or denial of any other character's involvement, just making it less likely.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:33   Link #8314
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
As far as I know that's just people speculation, for what we know New Testament could be 1 volume or a few volumes and then go back to being vanilla TMNI.
At this point pretty much no one knows what is going to happen with Touma, it's even hard to guess as there are just too many unknowns around him.

Index can pretty much be an easy guess, since her guardian is not found she is probably gonna go back to be under the care of the Necessarius; maybe she'll even befriend Kanzaki & Stiyl anew. Another possibility is for her to try and escape an search for Touma on her own, though in volume 1 they stated that she shouldn't be able to truly escape the church as long as they set their minds in finding her.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:40   Link #8315
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Index can pretty much be an easy guess, since he guardian is not found he should probably go back to be under the care of the Necessarius; maybe she'll even befriend Kanzaki & Stiyl anew.
Oh dear, I hope that isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Another possibility is for her to try and escape an search for Touma on her own, though in volume 1 they stated that she shouldn't be able to truly escape the church as long as they set their minds in finding her.
I prefer this; because this is the chance to show Index in a different role rather than someone to be protected. But if she wants to escape she'll have to first deal with the remote controller that Laura has. I imagine stiyl would give a hand in that.
Old 2011-03-07, 21:29   Link #8316
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Also, .txt version of SS2 chapter 13 since BT is down, courtesy of js06 of course.
Is back again.
Old 2011-03-07, 22:06   Link #8317
Sandinwater

Quote:
As far as I know that's just people speculation, for what we know New Testament could be 1 volume or a few volumes and then go back to being vanilla TMNI.
At this point pretty much no one knows what is going to happen with Touma, it's even hard to guess as there are just too many unknowns around him.
I mean if Touma is gone for like maybe 2 novels it would be kinda cool, because I would like to see what the other characters do with out him in the picture. (specifically Mikoto )
Old 2011-03-07, 22:30   Link #8318
UNDER_LINE

Spoilers for New Testament are out. BELIEVE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Spoiler for New Testament spoilers:
Old 2011-03-07, 22:35   Link #8319
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDER_LINE View Post
Spoilers for New Testament are out. BELIEVE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Spoiler for New Testament spoilers:
Spoiler for :3:
Old 2011-03-07, 22:41   Link #8320
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, so it begins... The mad stampede for any credible-looking-sounding piece of information

That said the first one should be simple enough to confirm... Just need a name...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen