AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 07:31   Link #561
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He's a bit of a doofus but he's not retarded.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 11:39   Link #562
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Naruto Shippuden Episode 301,

Waow...naruto came to that conclusion all on his own, he has grown both physically as mentally, awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
He's a bit of a doofus but he's not retarded.
Yep. He has always shown that he can be almost as tactically smart as Shikamaru even back when he was a kid( the Chunin exams come to mind) despite being a doofus which makes everyone think he is an idiot.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 12:45   Link #563
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Shikamaru is on a whole different level, but other than him I haven't seen anyone do any better strategizing than Naruto. Even if it DOES involve the clever use of shadow clones most of the time, he does, in fact, use them cleverly.
Old 2013-02-21, 13:11   Link #564
itachi-san314

lol the same oonoki cliffhanger 2 episodes in a row? that was pretty weird
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 14:48   Link #565
Ushio the Omega

So does this satisfy all those complaining about the lack of sage mode then?
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 15:00   Link #566
ookamigirl

Sometimes I have a feeling they keep Naruto around out of habit.
If this was any other anime, it would have been cancelled a thousand times over.
The shinobi wars arc has painfully slow plot and too many flashbacks.
It's also too repetitive and you can skip like 5 or more episodes and not miss anything.
All of that just makes it boring. No wonder most people gave up on it.
I still don't get why I'm watching it, and then I see Naruto pull off an attack and remember.
Boy, do I miss the good old Naruto days from the beginning of the anime.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 17:54   Link #567
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Epic episode. I remember reading this as a manga chapter and thinking man I hope they don't buckle, they didn't.

Shikamaru is still the better strategist I think, he's able to think of an attack for a whole group and use everyone to their fullest.

Naruto just goes out there and crushes, good plans, but one man crush. Sidney Crosby, Michael Jordan..Joe Flacco?
Old 2013-02-22, 08:37   Link #568
HasuMasu
*Artist

I remember loving this fight in the manga, glad the anime didn't disappoint.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:32   Link #569
itachi-san314

if only the ET part of the war started with the ET characters we have gotten since after the filler, then this arc would be totally awesome. too bad we had to suffer through Shin, Asuma, Sasori, etc... but since the filler itachi, nagato, these older kages, etc... are all great. i wish kishi hadn't gone so overboard with kabuto's spamming of ET. he should have only picked out like 5-7 of the absolute greatest ninja ever
Old 2013-02-22, 20:45   Link #570
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
if only the ET part of the war started with the ET characters we have gotten since after the filler, then this arc would be totally awesome. too bad we had to suffer through Shin, Asuma, Sasori, etc... but since the filler itachi, nagato, these older kages, etc... are all great. i wish kishi hadn't gone so overboard with kabuto's spamming of ET. he should have only picked out like 5-7 of the absolute greatest ninja ever
perhaps....but more characters mean more fun in future naruto games...doubtful that it happens, but i would like to see an appearance of all historical kages of every village
Old 2013-02-24, 16:49   Link #571
Monster0

This is way better then the old Naruto episodes.I love how these battles aren't just simple punching and kicking.The whole series rocks but since this war began it has transcended beyond just being another anime.This is a true classic on it's way to Godzilla and StarWars status.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 14:33   Link #572
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Another filler arc is coming. Short one. March 7th-28th.

303 - Ghosts of the Past
304 - Turned Underworld Jutsu
305 - Avenger

The Sound Four are ETed by Kabuto and return during the war to confront Shikamaru, Naruto, and Neji.

306 - The Eye of the Heart

A Hinata episode about the Hyuuga family.

All are set during the war.

Bringing back the Sound Four is only going to remind people of when Naruto was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Disagree. Then only a few characters would of had fights. Which defeats the entire purpose of the war to begin with.

Edo Tensei is the problem with the war. Just having 5-7 overpowered zombies wouldn't have changed that. The entire war should of been village(Konoha/Suna) against village(Kumo/Iwa/Kiri). Think of how much different things would of been? It would have been a true war with Tobi pulling the strings. But Kishi loves dragging dead characters back from the grave for fanservice. *sigh*.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 14:54   Link #573
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's not so much fanservice as the easy way out for the overall plot. This war is Naruto's ticket for being credited with the union between all the shinobi of the world, that would be harder if they were all enemies fighting against each other instead of zombies and vegetables.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 14:58   Link #574
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Disagree. Then only a few characters would of had fights. Which defeats the entire purpose of the war to begin with.

Edo Tensei is the problem with the war. Just having 5-7 overpowered zombies wouldn't have changed that. The entire war should of been village(Konoha/Suna) against village(Kumo/Iwa/Kiri). Think of how much different things would of been? It would have been a true war with Tobi pulling the strings. But Kishi loves dragging dead characters back from the grave for fanservice. *sigh*.
actually we agree and you dont realize it. you are simply putting words in my mouth. i would have much preferred that the war was between villages and living people. my point was just that less ET would have been for the better, which you agree with... and then of course with less ET, real people would have had to filll that void for a war to take place. very preferably, i would have liked some of akatsuki to have lived for the war like deidara, kisame, kakuzu, perhaps a more evil and interesting konan, and tobi could have recruited more members as well. that would have made for a better war
Old 2013-02-26, 16:54   Link #575
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The entire war should of been village(Konoha/Suna) against village(Kumo/Iwa/Kiri). Think of how much different things would of been? It would have been a true war with Tobi pulling the strings. But Kishi loves dragging dead characters back from the grave for fanservice. *sigh*.
I would have liked that if the Pain vs Naruto ended in another way: Naruto lets go Pain and Pain instead of reviving Konoha would have ran away, and then Naruto would have been blamed for letting Pain get away, then Danzou would have gained control of the village, and finally Naruto would leave the village and become a missing ninja. And then would come the chaos of the war which was secretly caused by Tobi's plot that also involved using the kage summit to have the war started. For example by having Zetsu disguise as Konoha or whatever shinobi who sneak attack. Of course people like the Raikage would be eager to start a war since he built up quite a strong village and suspects that the tsuchikage and mizukage work with the akatsuki, also everybody hates Danzo. So if Naruto became a missing ninja before the war starts he would not be fighting on any side and then he could become a savior that stops the war.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 02:41   Link #576
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If Naruto let Pain go that would be totally out of character though.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:24   Link #577
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

That's what he did. The only reason Nagato didn't leave was because he chose to kill himself to repair his actions.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:16   Link #578
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hm... Let me think of a better way to phrase it then.

If Nagato never showed any intention of changing his ways or taking responsibility for his actions, and THEN if Naruto would've let him go, THAT would have been out of character.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:16   Link #579
battle22

I quite liked it. Filler next week but it looks interesting, very interesting in fact. I'm glad konoha 11 is getting screentime!
Old 2013-02-28, 10:10   Link #580
Monster0

I like that guy with the pompadour ,gonna miss him.I don't mind fillers when they at least stick with the current events. And i like giving Konoha 11 the extra attention that the manga can't or doesn't do.Ten Ten's want of the six paths weapons is making me like her a lot.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion