AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 32 22.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 29.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 20.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 2.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.11%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.11%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-10, 17:22   Link #181
atilim
Knightmare

This is one of the most messed up anime's I watched with all of the random deaths...

But personally I think they made a mistake by making this a anime, they should have made this a drama or a movie which would have made a bigger impact.

For example if Battle Royal was a anime the , meaningless, deaths would have a smaller impact on the audience.
Old 2012-04-10, 17:41   Link #182
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
This is one of the most messed up anime's I watched with all of the random deaths...

But personally I think they made a mistake by making this a anime, they should have made this a drama or a movie which would have made a bigger impact.

For example if Battle Royal was a anime the , meaningless, deaths would have a smaller impact on the audience.
You're in luck then cause there's a live action movie in the works.
Old 2012-04-11, 07:38   Link #183
Goggen

Quote:
I don't see why?
Old 2012-04-14, 08:48   Link #184
kan-chan

I don't like the ending episode and the one before it
Spoiler for ending:

update
After reading the "differences" thread it's seems to me that I'd prefer the novel end. Well maybe expecting a strong character development in a such short anime is too much but, the almost static characters is the thing I disliked much. And the "everyone has loosed is mind ( and not only loosed his mind but also became an efferate killer)" thing and the "blood bath" also.

Last edited by kan-chan; 2012-04-14 at 09:12. Reason: updating
Old 2012-04-14, 18:21   Link #185
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Yeah, it's bloody alright! It's like every object one touch becomes a deadly weapon. You're inside a house with the "another", not knowing who she/he really is and there are others wanting to kill you... Damn! Like you said, its a Battle Royal with our male protagonist as the referee.
Old 2012-07-24, 10:44   Link #186
bleachnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by salitangibinasura View Post
I didn't see that coming!

Spoiler for Another:

But overall, good episode :3

Spoiler for Response contains spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Cat View Post
I like this anime...
at first, instead of killing some of cute girls, I really wanna see how the protagonist and mei misaki solve the real source of the mystery.....
but then, in 12 episode, the real thing, or maybe what part I like the most is ....
when Mei Misaki explain the whole situation to protagonist......
when the first dead occured.....
when protagonist and his group search for the clues for stop the calamity....
it's the real horror I must say.....
Killing with so many abnormalities and so instant death, left nothing but a bad taste in my mouth after watching it, hahahahaha
not really like the last episode, since my favorite character, akazawa is pierce to dead, and that's mean Mei Misaki have no Love Rival now, it's just so... boriing hihihihihihihihihhihi

but then, since it's last episode, I still have to say, it's awesome..

I wonder if I can see more akazawa, haha..... T^T
What rival? Izumi never had a chance with him, he was way too into Mei. I must have been one of the only people who disliked that pigtailed chick, and I was happy to see Miss Crazy bite the big one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I still feel cheated. All the hints towards Reiko being the extra, aside from the tiny little fact that as far as we, the viewers, knew, she wasn't in the class, either as a teacher or a student. Then it turns out she was a teacher in the class after all, right at the final moment. It's teasing and cheating.
There were plenty of hints that the teacher and Reiko were one and the same. For example, (in my opinion the BIGGEST giveaway) when the class decided to add Koichi to the non-existent status, the homeroom teacher told the entire class that it put Mikami-sensei in an awkward position but that she'd do her best. That was when I became SURE she and Reiko were one and the same. Also while he's being ignored, before he realizes it's happening, he sees Reiko at school and comments that she's in early that day.

In addition to that there were the ominous words from the grandpa, the bird, the mention that Koichi visited the town a year and a half prior by more than one person in the show which he didn't remember to add to that list.

That was all off the top of my head too. If I went back and re-watched, there are probably more hints than the ones above. I for one was not surprised that Reiko and the assistant homeroom teacher were the same person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
after finishing this, my mind is in peace

sadly they never explain who killed Reiko and did not show a Sakaki and Mei end

i am glad that i gave this show a try as it turns out to be the best show in winter for me
Reiko's killer was an unknown assailant that stabbed her. That's why we don't know who it is, because it's not known. She was simply a victim of the 1996 phenomenon.

IchiRuki fanfic, including an arranged marriage! AU!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4219201/1/
Old 2012-07-25, 06:04   Link #187
Berserk515

I think I might know who that random killer was, the one who killed:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-25, 06:25   Link #188
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk515 View Post
I think I might know who that random killer was, the one who killed:

Spoiler:
I rechecked the episode. I don't think that is the case. Besides Matsunaga has a beard, and a bit bigger than the one that killed Reiko.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:29   Link #189
piyochama

I just finished watching the entire anime series (yes, I thought from the average scores it was worth waiting for the reanimated blu-ray)

And after seeing everyone's weekly impressions, it seems like this is one of those horror series which would have been MUCH better if it was just one entire movie or marathon'ed.

Especially since for me,
Spoiler:

Yeah, this makes me excited for the live action - can only hope the director is better than the one for the anime . Overall though, marathon-ing the entire series was not a bad call, and general impression would give this series like an 8 or a 9 out of 10, especially compared to how badly a horror series/movie can go (I've seen A LOT of those as a general horror fan, haha).

Last edited by piyochama; 2012-09-12 at 07:32. Reason: Formating
Old 2012-09-12, 15:41   Link #190
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyochama View Post
I just finished watching the entire anime series (yes, I thought from the average scores it was worth waiting for the reanimated blu-ray)
Where the any major changes on the animation front?
Old 2012-09-28, 05:50   Link #191
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Where the any major changes on the animation front?
The censoring was removed.
Old 2013-05-14, 08:25   Link #192
oturan13th
oturan13th

this is a perfect 10 to me.... there is a another movie.. hope the movie is good also..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfp4ECkc4QI -- here is a link (another movie trailer)
Old 2013-05-22, 16:16   Link #193
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

8/10 for me. I actually watched this a while ago but I never posted my thoughts on it.

I actually thought the first couple of episodes were actually quite scary. I didn't expect to actually be creeped out by it, but 'lo and behold, I actually was.

The pacing was slow, but the buildup was excellent. I was never quite sure if what I was seeing was real or not. It's been a long time since any anime was able to play mind tricks on me.

In hindsight I suppose I should have seen the end coming. The hints were there, but I clearly didn't realize the context of the bird's calls until the big reveal already happened. I kicked myself for not seeing it. It was pretty obvious. I suppose I wasn't paying close enough attention (plus my attention was distracted by Mei's ambiguity). I was honestly expecting Kouichi to be the extra person.

My main complaint is the poor ending, which had blood and gore simply for the sake of shock value. Not that the ending scene wasn't poignant and powerful (which it was), but I felt too many characters suddenly died at the end for no real purpose other than for a knee-jerk reaction. I guess I'm the only one that didn't like the fact that Izumi died, but I still didn't like it. It just seemed really arbitrary and thrown in there just to make us sad.

Overall, great anime though. I rarely find Japanese "horror" to actually be scary, but the first half of this anime was genuinely creepy.
Old 2013-06-01, 15:55   Link #194
Pengu

Well, I really tried to like this one and the plot had a lot of potential, but it just isn't for me I guess. I just can't stand this much sad and senseless deaths.
Many of whom were really nice people(esp such beautiful young women) that I just can't warm to the series.
Already when Sakuragi, the sweatest girl was killed in such a meaningless way I got turned off.
Closed Thread