AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-28, 05:57   Link #21
iamadooddood
NOM.

I went to check the list of anime series with nominated characters, and Date A Live was one of them.

Having watched episodes 6 and 8, I'm going to support Yoshino all the way. I'll be terribly disappointed if she doesn't win. Actually, I just want her to do well.
Old 2013-06-28, 10:39   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Disappointment is a trend in Saimoe judging by past interactions with people on this board.
Old 2013-06-28, 23:51   Link #23
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Something tells me this is just going to be another year of Saki ballot stuffing.

I wonder if Sword Art Online will put up a strong fight?

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2013-06-29, 00:50   Link #24
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
Something tells me this is just going to be another year of Saki ballot stuffing.

I think the opposite for Saki I think they garnered enough antis because they do that last year. I think SAO wise Asuna would be the only one putting up a strong fight.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-29, 03:07   Link #25
RJ TAYLER

The Kugyuu testimonial year was last year, so I expect a little 'underperformance' this year. Sniping and disappointment is part and parcel of any Saimoe, so keep those tissues handy folks ok.
Old 2013-06-29, 08:28   Link #26
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Like I said way earlier, Saki? Seriously, that's so 2012.

Quote:
Having watched episodes 6 and 8, I'm going to support Yoshino all the way. I'll be terribly disappointed if she doesn't win. Actually, I just want her to do well.
Yoshino? She's like #4 in her series LOL...(It's Touka ~= Kurumi > Kotori ~= Yoshino...who cares about Origami)

P.S. My personal (New girl) Top 10...
10. Katyusha (Girls und Panzer)
9. Nomi Kudryavka (Little Busters!)
8. Amatsuka Mao (GJ-bu)
7. Yui (Sword Art Online)
6. Inaba Himeko (Kokoro Connect)
5. Yukinoshita Yukino (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
4. Fuyuumi Ai (Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru)
3. Takanashi Rikka (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
2. Aoba Kokona (Yama no Susume)
1. Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Honorable Mention: Sakai Wakana (Tari Tari), Reizei Mako (GuP), Takenaka Hanbee (Oda Nobuna no Yabo), Itsuka Kotori (Date A Live), Maeda Kanon (Photokano), Morishita Michiru (Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate), Kannagi Miyabi (Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!), Sasha Blaus (Shingeki no Kyojin), Kitashirakawa Anko (Tamako Market)

For returning...
10. Sugiura Ayano (Yuruyuri)
9. Shirai Kuroko (Railgun S)
8. Kuuko (Nyaruko W)
7. Chitanda Eru (Hyouka)
6. Shirakiin Ririchiyo (Inu x Boku SS)
5. Kuroyukihime (Accel World)
2a/2b/2c: Hakamada Hinata (RKB), Minato Tomoka (RKB), Hasegawa Kobato (Hanagai NEXT)
1. Gokou Ruri/Kuroneko (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wakeganai.)

Honorable: Miniwa Tsumiki (Acchi Kocchi OVA), Hagimura Suzu (Seitokai Yakuindomo), Aragaki Ayase/Gokou Hinata/Gokou Tamaki (Oreimo), Chika (Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb), Araragi Tsukihi/Araragi Karen (Nekomonogatari Kuro)

Last edited by ion475; 2013-07-12 at 10:06.
Old 2013-06-29, 09:46   Link #27
iamadooddood
NOM.

Meh. Saimoe's losing the point of moe. Ah well.

Guess I'll just support whichever Date A Live girl can go the farthest, then.

But then, shouldn't that mean Kurumi will go far?
Old 2013-06-29, 10:44   Link #28
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Top 10 for this year's (well top 11 since my top 1sts are tied )

1. Kenzaki Makoto/ Regina (Doki Doki Precure)
2. Kise Yayoi (Smile Precure)
3. Yazawa Niko (Love Live)
4. Mifune Yuriko (Kotoura-san)
5. Syrup (Zettai Bouei Leviathan)
6. Nomi Kudryavka (Little Busters)
7. Tokisaki Kurumi (Date A Live)
8. Nekonya (GaruPan)
9. Bahamut (Zettai Bouei Leviathan)
10. A-Tan/Athena Tennousu (Hayate no Gotoku)

Too many honorable mentions for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Meh. Saimoe's losing the point of moe. Ah well.

Guess I'll just support whichever Date A Live girl can go the farthest, then.

But then, shouldn't that mean Kurumi will go far?
I think so if match ups doesn't screw her over. Well unless Date A Live itself ends up like Milky Holmes of 2011 where they are several times stronger than expected (to be honest I'm not going to be surprised if that happens AST have cases where low tier looking shows ending up being one of the stronger ones or vice versa.)

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-06-29 at 10:58.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:43   Link #29
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post

When was the Saki fanbase caught cheating?
Old 2013-06-29, 21:09   Link #30
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
10. A-Tan/Athena Tennousu (Hayate no Gotoku)
Oh wow I completely forgot that Athena became eligible this year. This'll be good.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:05   Link #31
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Assuming that there'll be no single faction dominating this year, yes - it's gonna be good.

Especially after I remembered that the many moe girls of the recently concluded Spring 2013 anime season are also eligible.
Old 2013-06-30, 09:51   Link #32
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Oh wow I completely forgot that Athena became eligible this year. This'll be good.
Too bad she comes in WAY too late to be a factor anyway. Hayate is not even half of what it was.

Quote:
Assuming that there'll be no single faction dominating this year, yes - it's gonna be good.
Well, you've a possible dominating faction (GuP), the dominating faction from 2012 (and 2009 and 2010) in Saki, and the dominating faction of 2011 (MadoMagi). Popular LN series like Oreimo, Haganai, SAO, Toaru (Railgun/Index) are around. IM and LL represent the "idol anime" group (Okay, and AKB0048, but who cares about that), Kyoani has Hyouka, Chuunikoi, and Tamako Market. LB is around but since it's J.C. Staff instead of Kyoani, they won't be anywhere near Clannad level...

On paper, it should be good. The dominating factions will probably fight each other at the minimum.

P.S. GuP lead with 64 entries, Saki with 44. Of course, half of GuP entries are basically "who"...
Old 2013-06-30, 11:14   Link #33
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Too bad she comes in WAY too late to be a factor anyway. Hayate is not even half of what it was.

Well, you've a possible dominating faction (GuP), the dominating faction from 2012 (and 2009 and 2010) in Saki, and the dominating faction of 2011 (MadoMagi). Popular LN series like Oreimo, Haganai, SAO, Toaru (Railgun/Index) are around. IM and LL represent the "idol anime" group (Okay, and AKB0048, but who cares about that), Kyoani has Hyouka, Chuunikoi, and Tamako Market. LB is around but since it's J.C. Staff instead of Kyoani, they won't be anywhere near Clannad level...

On paper, it should be good. The dominating factions will probably fight each other at the minimum.

P.S. GuP lead with 64 entries, Saki with 44. Of course, half of GuP entries are basically "who"...
For LB *sigh* I feel like they would be Clannad level if people doesn't care which studio it was from. In way makes me wonder why people care about which studio LB is coming from so much anyways. I don't think A-Tan came too late to be a "factor" since her popularity is close to Hina and Nagi's. So I don't think time matters for her much compared to like Maria. I see A-tan being like Nagi and Hina where she's first in prelims perpetually but gets screwed over.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-06-30 at 13:37.
Old 2013-06-30, 13:50   Link #34
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I think so if match ups doesn't screw her over. Well unless Date A Live itself ends up like Milky Holmes of 2011 where they are several times stronger than expected (to be honest I'm not going to be surprised if that happens AST have cases where low tier looking shows ending up being one of the stronger ones or vice versa.)
Since this is Japan AST I should think we should look at the popularity in Japan to get a clearer picture. I think the reason Milky Holmes did well was because it was really popular in Japan. DAL being the 4th best selling light novel for the 1st half of 2013 should go rather far too.
Old 2013-06-30, 14:10   Link #35
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Since this is Japan AST I should think we should look at the popularity in Japan to get a clearer picture. I think the reason Milky Holmes did well was because it was really popular in Japan. DAL being the 4th best selling light novel for the 1st half of 2013 should go rather far too.
I agree on this very much since looking at the show's and character's popularity in Japan makes me not wanting to underestimate series like Precure (personally I think they did bad because there were international voters mixed in until recently well 2011 Suite was unpopular and Heartcatch was losing popularity), DAL, and even Joshiraku. I even think that's the reason why Haibara Ai of Conan is going to stay in AST for an eternity. Oops almost forgot that Milky Holmes was very popular in Japan during 2011. About DAL LN sales makes me very optimistic about Kurumi's performance even more.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-06-30 at 14:25.
Old 2013-06-30, 16:41   Link #36
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I do question the part about "4th best selling LN" somehow...where does that come from anyway (I can see, at a minimum, SAO, AW, Retto-sei, and Oreimo outselling it).

DAL is at best QF-ist to me and that's with a lucky draw...you just can't underestimate the power of series fanatics in AST (In another word, the like of Saki and MadoMagi and possibly GuP will just kick everyone off anyway, unless they have to fight each other, of course).
Old 2013-06-30, 17:09   Link #37
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I do question the part about "4th best selling LN" somehow...where does that come from anyway (I can see, at a minimum, SAO, AW, Retto-sei, and Oreimo outselling it).

DAL is at best QF-ist to me and that's with a lucky draw...you just can't underestimate the power of series fanatics in AST (In another word, the like of Saki and MadoMagi and possibly GuP will just kick everyone off anyway, unless they have to fight each other, of course).
As you wish. Yes, SAO and Mahouka outsold it (as did Hataraku Maou-sama), but nothing else. Oreimo isn't even in the top 20. (Note: this is up till May 2013, before Oreimo's last volume came out, so there may be some changes since then, but these were the most accurate figures I could find.)

Other than the light novel originals, of course there's manga originals like Saki and K-On! and anime originals like Madoka (any heavyweights that are visual novel originals?), otherwise Asuna Yuuki would be hogging #1, which obviously isn't happening.
Old 2013-06-30, 18:02   Link #38
chaosprophet

Quote:
As you wish. Yes, SAO and Mahouka outsold it (as did Hataraku Maou-sama), but nothing else. Oreimo isn't even in the top 20. (Note: this is up till May 2013, before Oreimo's last volume came out, so there may be some changes since then, but these were the most accurate figures I could find.)

Other than the light novel originals, of course there's manga originals like Saki and K-On! and anime originals like Madoka (any heavyweights that are visual novel originals?), otherwise Asuna Yuuki would be hogging #1, which obviously isn't happening.
The thing is, that rank seems to count only light novels that had a release between 2/03/2012~27/05/2013. Oreimo vol 11 was released before that period and 12 was released after. As of 23/06 vol 12 sold 190K.
Old 2013-06-30, 18:26   Link #39
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
The thing is, that rank seems to count only light novels that had a release between 2/03/2012~27/05/2013. Oreimo vol 11 was released before that period and 12 was released after. As of 23/06 vol 12 sold 190K.
Something's wrong with the dates. If that was the case, it should be 2/03/2013, not 2012.

In any case, rank 20 sold less than 100k volumes. DAL sold 378+k volumes. 190k volumes would get Oreimo straight into the top 10, but top 5? I doubt it. Unless you count volume 11 too, of course, but that wouldn't be fair right.

Meanwhile, I shall keep track of how DAL's characters fare in Saimoe '13. Particularly Kurumi and Yoshino.

On a side note, if other series' fans can do ballot stuffing, so can DAL. While not having as large a fanbase as heavyweights like SAO, it certainly has a sizable one.
Old 2013-06-30, 18:58   Link #40
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
When was the Saki fanbase caught cheating?
I never insinuated that. They literally stuffed the "ballots" with their votes with the 20+ Saki characters that were in the tournament. It wasn't hard for a Saki character to get far.

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament