AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 8.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 34.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 18.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 10.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-05, 05:30   Link #41
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Suigintou behaves a lot differently than I remember... but putting this trainwreck of a recap aside, can't wait for the actual story to begin.
Old 2013-07-05, 06:04   Link #42
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I just watched episode 1 and ok this is only episode "flashback" it is true that the previous day seasons same month a year that saw the boards I remember a little ... and so this season "2013" is really a sequel to the season before?

and the Opening is very GREAT :O
it's sequel to half season 2
the problem with season 2 is that they pull same stunt as Full Metal Alchemist
(first half story canon // while second half = filler >>> that why we end up with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

the new doll in s2 was the seventh doll not some random person doll
That why they change some of her look/power in season three first episode so people don't confuse seventh doll with half filer doll
(if you notice it > both of them have eye patch)
Old 2013-07-05, 06:42   Link #43
BlueWitch
In two worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Tempted to watch the previous seasons so I can know what the heck is going on.
You'll have to, to understand the series, I dont know why people think this is a flash back, things clearly happen differently in this alternate reality. If you like you can skip the second season because of the "7th" doll, but you are missing out on character development and there is no harm in watching it.
Old 2013-07-05, 07:05   Link #44
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Holy breakneck pacing, Batman!

Being familiar with the original Rozen Maiden, I very much enjoyed this trip down memory lane, but I would think that a lot of viewers that haven't seen the original will be left thoroughly shell-shocked by this 1st episode.

Still, the good news about this faster than a speeding bullet pacing is that it means Jun doesn't get a chance to be annoying. I remember being much more annoyed with Jun in the original Rozen Maiden than in this episode.

The Rozen Maiden dolls are as cute, amusing, and charming as I remember them. They seem smaller in this remake though. I vaguely recall Shinku being about half Jun's height, whereas now she seems more like a quarter of his height.

The rabbit was very well-used in this episode, and had this great "dark but whimsical fantasy" feeling to him. He did a great job of helping to set up a very effective cliffhanger.

And the stealth invading Rozen Maiden made me laugh so hard in this episode. She was almost like Solid Snake in one bit!

All in all, that was a great watch for me, but I hope its pacing isn't overly daunting to newcomers to the Rozen Maiden franchise.
Old 2013-07-05, 07:15   Link #45
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
it's sequel to half season 2
the problem with season 2 is that they pull same stunt as Full Metal Alchemist
(first half story canon // while second half = filler >>> that why we end up with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

the new doll in s2 was the seventh doll not some random person doll
That why they change some of her look/power in season three first episode so people don't confuse seventh doll with half filer doll
(if you notice it > both of them have eye patch)
Load of bollocks - nobody who's seen traumend in full would be confused about Bara/Kirakishou. Kirakishou's appearance at the end of traumend was far more intriguing than this 2013 recap.

I'm so sick and tired of all this traumend hating. Both seasons of the first anime series had superior storytelling and character development to PEACH-PIT's stretched out clusterfuck/infodump approach. Yes, I said it.

tldr: Zuruckspulen is not a sequel to the old anime series. Unfortunately. The only thing they share is the character relationship chart.

PS. Whoever says the 2nd manga series started out as a reboot obviously isn't reading it.
Old 2013-07-05, 07:22   Link #46
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

I've watched the 2 seasons of this anime years ago and forgot most of its story. Was hoping for a reboot but then I got all this. After seeing the preview for next episode, I checked the manga and found out that it'll start at the Rozen Maiden 2 manga where Jun is now a university student (?) Then I checked wondering if the first manga has been completed scan yet. Then I found that it's stopped at chapter 86. Then this anime isn't for me then? Can I even understand it without reading the first manga?
Old 2013-07-05, 07:36   Link #47
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Load of bollocks - nobody who's seen traumend in full would be confused about Bara/Kirakishou. Kirakishou's appearance at the end of traumend was far more intriguing than this 2013 recap.

I'm so sick and tired of all this traumend hating. Both seasons of the first anime series had superior storytelling and character development to PEACH-PIT's stretched out clusterfuck/infodump approach. Yes, I said it.

tldr: Zuruckspulen is not a sequel to the old anime series. Unfortunately. The only thing they share is the character relationship chart.

PS. Whoever says the 2nd manga series started out as a reboot obviously isn't reading it.
1-did I said it was bad filler?
2- did I said manga = rebot?
only anime first eps = fast rebot
Old 2013-07-05, 07:40   Link #48
StainGlass

Quote:
I do like the manga in a different way, but I must agree the first anime series / Träumend and Ouvertüre were better in my opinion as well. I'm surprised to see so many people dislike Träumend just because it differentiates from the manga the most (I'm not specifically referring to opinions expressed on this forum).
Old 2013-07-05, 07:48   Link #49
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Then I checked wondering if the first manga has been completed scan yet. Then I found that it's stopped at chapter 86. Then this anime isn't for me then? Can I even understand it without reading the first manga?
If you've seen the first anime series you should understand the new one since they'll still have infodumping (that is present in the manga) on what's happening in the future episodes. Just accept that some things happened differently (but you said you don't remember much from the first anime anyways so it shouldn't be a problem). BTW the first manga ends at PHASE43.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
1-did I said it was bad filler?
2- did I said manga = rebot?
1. Yes, your choice of wording with "some random person doll*insert smiley*" implied to me that you thought it was bad.
2. No, that was not directed at you. Just a general PS @ what I keep seeing on these forums and ANN.

If you feel misunderstood, I apologize.
Old 2013-07-05, 08:26   Link #50
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Nice episode, but so incredibly rushed.

So we won't see Barasuishou here, right?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2013-07-05, 08:41   Link #51
Gohan78
Awakened One

I am very excited for this new season of one of my favourite anime of all times.

Unfortunately I see many people who are (understandably) confused by this first episode.
This episode should have been at least twice as long if they wanted to do a proper recap. This rushed recap didn't help new viewers, while manga readers didn't need it. So, I don't exactly know what DEEN wanted to accomplish here...

Still, it's nice to have the dolls back, and hearing their amusing speech quirks again.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-07-05, 08:57   Link #52
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Who da fuq is that tall guy? Did Jun die and we have a new protagonist, or is that future Jun? That's one thing I don't remember from the original.

But as someone who has seen the original, this was terrible. It wasn't even told interestingly, though it was amusing to see Sou and Hina get killed within minutes of each other.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-07-05, 09:17   Link #53
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

While the storytelling for this episode was reaaaaaaaaally fast desu, I did enjoy the "recap", (I know it isn't a recap, I just don't have any other words in mind right now desu.) though it'll be really confusing for persons that didn't read the manga and didn't watched the first season desu ... And I'm also quite sceptical about all of it being in a single episode, but oh well desu.

I think the animation is fine, nothing too outstanding for me desu. But I feel like something's wrong with the shading desu...

The dolls have an overall great character design desu.

Suigintou's character design and wings are really good looking to me desu, but I don't get why she looks so much like a loli...

Opening-wise, though I do have some problems with it desu, I like it. (My favorite will always be Baragoku Otome desu.)

Overall, despite the messy episode this was desu, I liked it, as per usual I'll wait to be at least 3 episodes in to decide if I'll continue it or temporarily drop it until it's completed. Desu.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:35   Link #54
hoshino_crimsonwings

Wow the pace was so fast! I'm so glad they used all the old cast, Rie Tanaka in particular! Would feel so different if they swapped seiyus.
Old 2013-07-05, 10:02   Link #55
Gundamx

Quote:
1. Yes, your choice of wording with "some random person doll*insert smiley*" implied to me that you thought it was bad.

If you feel misunderstood, I apologize.
That the only part I gate about season 2 ( random person as seventh doll master)
one random person =/= bad season

to hate x part of anime =not same as hating whole anime

(It's like saying because I hate how flay control Kira with s6x in gundam seed = I hated gundam seed >>> which is false since it's one of my favorite gundam show)

anyway, it look like it's not 1:1 same as manga story since in op there is 2 shinku + 2 jun at same time
Old 2013-07-05, 10:08   Link #56
ashe
くぽ!

desu.. its been reborn.. what a fast turn of events. 4 to 5 episodes crammed into one, a rewind, a summary episode.
high time again to come back to animesuki..
Old 2013-07-05, 10:13   Link #57
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Ok I agree that this episode was a bit of a craptacular. Mostly in the way the story was presented.

The main problem is the timing and the presentation of the "recap". It was shown as a continuous story line as if all the events shown actually occurred in in that time frame. There was no apparent time skips or flashback/flashforwards. It was presented closer to that in "real time" as if the events that occurred actually occurred on that time scale.

The result was a train wreck of an episode that would probably confuse new comers more then was already necessary with this reboot. :P

It almost makes me want to do this:

(made that animation awhile back and now found a use for it. )

But I'll watch the next two episodes and hope they get back on track. As long as the rest aren't condensed train wrecks like this one, I won't end up hating this one. I liked the original and knowing this one will follow the manga more closely will keep my interest even though it's covering some of the same plot lines as the original. I expect it to go in a little different direction as result and the animation style and look has certainly improved so it's got that going for it.

The Desu Queen her self was looking great in the new animation style as well, so no complaints there. Good to see she will still have the habit of blasting through windows and saying Desu at the end of sentences. If they took that out, someone would have to be murdered over that.

When I watched the original, I took a quick look at the dub. As soon as I found that the dub didn't have the Desu....I deleted it and watched the sub. So I will definitely be avoiding any dubs of this series.

oh and...........DESU!

I have cameras in your head!
Old 2013-07-05, 10:23   Link #58
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Yeah, that's why I am really interested in this one. The alternate story line isn't something I've up to speed on (since I haven't read the manga), so I definitely look forward to how they will present it here.

I have cameras in your head!
Old 2013-07-05, 11:40   Link #59
Bern-san

Quote:

I haven't seen anyone say that Traumend was bad or hating it (besides this forum I don't tend to go to other ones though).
In my previous comment I did say that people should forget Traumend because this anime will try to stay faithful to the manga, but that doesn't mean that I'm bashing it. Quite the contrary, I loved that season.
Old 2013-07-05, 13:45   Link #60
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Suigintou behaves a lot differently than I remember... but putting this trainwreck of a recap aside, can't wait for the actual story to begin.
Suigintou is a little different from her manga counterpart in the original anime series. They made her character a lot more tragic. Manga Suigintou isn't as easy to sympathize with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Still, the good news about this faster than a speeding bullet pacing is that it means Jun doesn't get a chance to be annoying.
^This. He was funny at times for some snarky banter with Shinku, but other than that, the kid was a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I haven't seen anyone say that Traumend was bad or hating it (besides this forum I don't tend to go to other ones though).
In my previous comment I did say that people should forget Traumend because this anime will try to stay faithful to the manga, but that doesn't mean that I'm bashing it. Quite the contrary, I loved that season.
Likewise, I loved Traumend. I also haven't seen anyone here (at least not in this thread) outright bash Traumend. *shrug*

Quote:
I actually agree with this, but only to a certain extent. Peach-Pit knew that the manga was rushed (due to the issues they had with the editorial team) and failed to carry it out in the way they originally intended to. They even apologized for it. (However, I still quite like the manga, despite its great flaws in terms of plot.)