AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-14, 02:09   Link #241
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Guess I wasn't the only one thinking "Taiyou no Uta" while I was watching the first half of this, either.
Although, it's become apparent we're going to have to be prepared for KEY-class weird shit, so I'm not too bothered either way.
Yeah, but the action element in Key works is generally very tempered and never exists as anything more than a vehicle for character development. The point is always the characters, and never the action, which is something I'd dare guess we all highly approve of. My fear is that, with the introduction of a vampire hunter component, the action may become too prevalent and pose as a distraction from more important things, like character interactions and development (ie, the things that are traditionally a strength in Key works). It probably won't happen, but I'd be majorly disappointed if it did.

And, yeah, you of all people should be watching this show. Better (slightly) late than never, though.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 02:48   Link #242
Susanou
.Enforcer

I'm downloading episode 2 as we're speaking about it here. There is nothing to spoil for me since I already seen summary and stuff at RancomC so feel releived

And about Matsuri, the fact I already said she
Spoiler:

I heard rumours flying around about this anime having 13 episodes. I kinda thought that 26 would fit it, but maybe 13 comes in better. Still, with all those directions they can go to I bet they easily can fill 26 episodes
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 02:48   Link #243
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
And, yeah, you of all people should be watching this show. Better (slightly) late than never, though.
So true, Sorrow-K , so true (isn't this "don't let it slide from your eyes!" slightly remindful of Bokura ga Ita?)

Anyway, I watched episode 2 and I'm amazed.

Spoiler for episode 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
I heard rumours flying around about this anime having 13 episodes. I kinda thought that 26 would fit it, but maybe 13 comes in better. Still, with all those directions they can go to I bet they easily can fill 26 episodes
It is officially announced as a 13 episode series. However, if they can keep this consistency in all the matters, I can see it succeeding even on this short timespan (and mind, I'm not a big fan of single-kur series).
Old 2007-04-14, 03:07   Link #244
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

The following is based on [moyism]'s fantastic 1024x564 RAW, and references to Omni's summary on Random Curiosity, sola 02.

(Go figure, my computer hangs when I try to play 1024x564 .MKV files, but has no problem with the equivalent .AVI file)

Preliminary Thoughts on Ep02:
---- ----
Spoiler:

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 03:08   Link #245
Susanou
.Enforcer

I have to agree with Pellissier, I really liked the relationship development this episode, especially the way is was carried out

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-14, 03:16   Link #246
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
I have to agree with Pellissier, I really liked the relationship development this episode, especially the way is was carried out

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ep02:

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 03:31   Link #247
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, so far i have only seen the summary at RandomC, but seems like this is turning out how i want it to be - very little action and lots of character development.

Spoiler:

Bleh...not much to add at this point. I refuse to watch the RAWs, so i will wait for the SUBs before forming opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth
ell, I'm here. Does that mean I have no need to start aiming my firepower at lolitron mangatron?

Heh. I know mangatron has quite a reputation, but what kind of reputation, I'm not too sure of yet....
Reputation of a lolitron, obviously j/k He is a lot of fun and harmless, and seems to have ten times more energy than a hyper duracell bunny (sugar overdose ? ) - his posts often provide me with a good dose of laughter and positivism Prone to Yuri fantasies

As for why this doesn't seem to get much attention - well, i suspect it has largely to do with it being a "fresh" work - there are no fan hordes of the "source material", so i am not surprised that it isn't the most popular thing. Though the staff behind it is a good one.

This surely seems to be one of the shows i am looking towards the most, along with Romeo x Juliet, Nanoha StrikerS and Hayate.

Now excuse me - i need to go mop in the corner for a few days untill the SUBs become available.
Old 2007-04-14, 03:31   Link #248
Susanou
.Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Spoiler for Ep02:

Cheers.
Hm...that would be sad T_T Hope they'll find a way to heal that disease and that it won't end in a drama like AIR or something...*fingers crossed*

Well thanks for clearing that up Skane
Old 2007-04-14, 03:35   Link #249
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just scanned the randomC spoilers .... looking hopeful for something more thoughtful than wackavamp ... very interesting take on a type of person of the night rather than just western cliche. So far I'm happy I spotted this one.
Old 2007-04-14, 03:37   Link #250
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep02:

Cheers.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-14, 03:44   Link #251
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation based on Ep02:

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 03:47   Link #252
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
....something tells me that that sentence is an indication of a certain kind of reputation that I possess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
So true, Sorrow-K , so true (isn't this "don't let it slide from your eyes!" slightly remindful of Bokura ga Ita?).
....now all doubt is removed. >_<

Quote:
Reputation of a lolitron, obviously j/k He is a lot of fun and harmless, and seems to have ten times more energy than a hyper duracell bunny (sugar overdose ? ) - his posts often provide me with a good dose of laughter and positivism Prone to Yuri fantasies

[...]

Now excuse me - i need to go mop in the corner for a few days untill the SUBs become available.
Understood. My gunsights are no longer pointed at him.

*keeps the firepower prepped for the usual suspects, though*

*goes to join Skyfall to mope in the corner*
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 04:11   Link #253
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:

Cheers.
Spoiler:

Though one character about whose purpose i have no clue about so far - Aono. I have no idea what role she is going to play, and i can't form a theory i would believe in myself either.
Old 2007-04-14, 04:17   Link #254
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Spoiler for ep 2:
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 04:26   Link #255
Susanou
.Enforcer

Well, i've finished watching episode 2 by now and it was an interesting episode.

Spoiler for Epi02:
Old 2007-04-14, 04:26   Link #256
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
....now all doubt is removed. >_<
I think you kind of represent the stereotype of "wandering around in despair because Kanon is over" . And to put it bluntly I believe that sola is the closer show to Kanon airing at the moment. So yes, it would seem to be a safe bet for the cathegory.
Old 2007-04-14, 04:33   Link #257
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Ah shoot. I finally remembered what I forgot to mention in my preliminary write-up. Did anybody else think of Air(TV)'s OP when sola's OP started? The build-up seems similar.

Also, the music during the fast tempo of cloud stills sounded like part of NGE's OP.

Anyone else with similar thoughts?

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 04:36   Link #258
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

[QUOTE=Pellissier;902643]
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Ah shoot. I finally remembered what I forgot to mention in my preliminary write-up. Did anybody else think of Air(TV)'s OP when sola's OP started? The build-up seems similar.
Great...more Air vibes... just what i needed

...leaving now, will be back to rant more in about 10 hours
Old 2007-04-14, 04:37   Link #259
Susanou
.Enforcer

I second the AIR OP thought you had, just hope they won't things for Sola in an familar way as they did with AIR
Old 2007-04-14, 04:43   Link #260
wontaek

I like to repeat something I wrote in Hinano's blog
http://www.minaidehazukashii.com/hin...04/13/sola-02/

My friend always like to say this about Shakespeare
” The plot is not the important thing in Shakespeare. It is the emotions the characters are feeling and the plot is a mere device to bring out intense emotion in the characters. ”

So far, I detect everyone having one or two serious mental issues that needs to be addressed. I do not know about the tragedy, but up to this point, the focus has been on emotions the characters were feeling, or hints of torrent emotions underneath calm surface. It is my hope that they develope this to its fullest potential, but I doubt that will happen, for that is like pursuing 'high art' instead of the 'money'.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural