AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 00:08   Link #1
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Evil Rick presents Master Light

A weapon of Gods in the hands of mortals, the power to change the curse of the universe in the palm of a single person, what would you do if you could get this power? Would you bring an age of peace for the world? Would you become a tyrant with the only desire of power and conquer? What would you do with a power like that?

Intrusctions to read the comic:

On the link, clikc on the comic's cover. You'll be taken to our virtual magazine, which is like reading a real comin in the internet! Use your mouse to click and drag the pages, you can zoom an image by doing a double clikc on it.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2011-06-16 at 17:49.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 00:27   Link #2
Keikun6969
Broken Knight
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Keikun6969
looks good Keep me in the Loop

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Keikun6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 22:18   Link #3
Kaix
[. . .]

*sets up a tent in front of the thread*

Had me hooked ever since you posted those previews in your thread. You've got me as a faithful reader, so I'll just be standing around until you release the first chapter. Can't wait to see what's brewing through it.

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 00:33   Link #4
eagle3423

*Walks up to Kai* Got room in the tent for another faithful reader?
eagle3423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:07   Link #5
eagle3423

might as well while I wait on my picture.
eagle3423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:37   Link #6
geki~
noLife
*Artist

To be honest, there are really a few things that disturb me with your art and along with that in your comic. I've always wanted to point it out but never gotten to that.
1. The coloring. Yeah well how to put it. All I see is base colors with darker gradients here and there. It looks unnatural and very random. It's like your characters' clothes for example don't have any folds at all. It looks more like rubber or silicon or something of the kind. Also the buildings and streets and all that look too shiny because of the gradients. Can it be that you color with gradient mesh tool? If yes then you should drop it, at least for a comic. Gradient mesh is awesome for real life looking pictures and creating real life looking objects but for comics and stuff, if you really can't use it that well, the outcome is not as effective.

2. The outlines look very rough and dirty. You must be drawing them with free hand. A tip there: learn to use the pen tool. The lines will look much smoother and won't dominate as much as they do now.

3. All your female characters have cups F or more. Often you also draw them very very skinny and it looks very very wrong mixed with the huge balloons.

4. Here and there anatomical problems with characters. Nice practice for both male and female in various positions can be found here: http://www.posemaniacs.com/pose/thirtysecond.html

Though props for pulling it through and having the courage to create it.
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 22:20   Link #7
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~ View Post
To be honest, there are really a few things that disturb me with your art and along with that in your comic. I've always wanted to point it out but never gotten to that.
1. The coloring. Yeah well how to put it. All I see is base colors with darker gradients here and there. It looks unnatural and very random. It's like your characters' clothes for example don't have any folds at all. It looks more like rubber or silicon or something of the kind. Also the buildings and streets and all that look too shiny because of the gradients. Can it be that you color with gradient mesh tool? If yes then you should drop it, at least for a comic. Gradient mesh is awesome for real life looking pictures and creating real life looking objects but for comics and stuff, if you really can't use it that well, the outcome is not as effective.

2. The outlines look very rough and dirty. You must be drawing them with free hand. A tip there: learn to use the pen tool. The lines will look much smoother and won't dominate as much as they do now.

3. All your female characters have cups F or more. Often you also draw them very very skinny and it looks very very wrong mixed with the huge balloons.

4. Here and there anatomical problems with characters. Nice practice for both male and female in various positions can be found here: http://www.posemaniacs.com/pose/thirtysecond.html

Though props for pulling it through and having the courage to create it.
I apreciate you honesty, because it help me to see in what I can improve my work, but as well, I'd like to hear what you liked most of the work and not only what you missliked,

Looking forward to more opinions

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2009-08-30 at 13:07.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 23:22   Link #8
Kaix
[. . .]

First off, I'll start by saying that I really enjoyed it.

Story-wise, well, I don't have what to comment on that yet since it's only the start, but I think it's moving in a good direction. Still waiting for a few chapters to come out to properly comment on this though. As a first chapter I think it does a good job at raising a couple of questions.

Kasumi's first pages had some really nice fighting angles. Good way to show motion. I don't think it was clear enough (or I plain simply misunderstood), but did Kasumi come to get the statue, or the mask that the yellow lady is wearing? Talking about the yellow lady, the contrast between the old looking mask and her huge chest make quite an unpleasant image. And the last panel makes it look as if her chest has doubled in size.

A few complaints: What are you using for your text bubbles? Some of them have very rough borders. (eg: page 11, panel 1) The fire on page 8 in panel 2 and 3 looks weird. I don't particularly like the text going out of the text bubbles, it makes it more difficult to read. A few typos here and there. And there's a number of panels that are missing the . at the end.

A few technical comments on the thread too, I don't find it particularly easy that each page is in it's own spoiler tag, it's not necessary helpful on going through the pages. (Will there be any packs like with NROTU? ) Secondary, I think you could have left the introduction in the first post, makes people know what they're going to read.

Old 2009-04-06, 23:55   Link #9
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
First off, I'll start by saying that I really enjoyed it.

Story-wise, well, I don't have what to comment on that yet since it's only the start, but I think it's moving in a good direction. Still waiting for a few chapters to come out to properly comment on this though. As a first chapter I think it does a good job at raising a couple of questions.

Kasumi's first pages had some really nice fighting angles. Good way to show motion. I don't think it was clear enough (or I plain simply misunderstood), but did Kasumi come to get the statue, or the mask that the yellow lady is wearing? Talking about the yellow lady, the contrast between the old looking mask and her huge chest make quite an unpleasant image. And the last panel makes it look as if her chest has doubled in size.

A few complaints: What are you using for your text bubbles? Some of them have very rough borders. (eg: page 11, panel 1) The fire on page 8 in panel 2 and 3 looks weird. I don't particularly like the text going out of the text bubbles, it makes it more difficult to read. A few typos here and there. And there's a number of panels that are missing the . at the end.

A few technical comments on the thread too, I don't find it particularly easy that each page is in it's own spoiler tag, it's not necessary helpful on going through the pages. (Will there be any packs like with NROTU? ) Secondary, I think you could have left the introduction in the first post, makes people know what they're going to read.
Thanks for comenting

I'm using photoshop for the globes, but I guess I still need a bit of practice XP

Kasumi is going for the statue, what the woman is wearing is ao oni mask, simple part of her uniform about the chest size... got a bit wierd there, I know

I'll takle in concideration about the downloable packs, maybe if more people ask for them I can upload them also, I'll see what can I do with the "instructions" on page 1
Old 2009-04-11, 12:03   Link #10
nozomi vamp
Big guns, small brains

well rick it's good but it's bad

good because the story actually goes somewhere unlike alot of stuff i've tried to write and your characters are consistant, alot of people can't draw consistant characters.

bad because . . . well like Geki said i don't really like your style and the characters seem kinda out-of-porportion, finally it seems that your story is rushed . . . most criminals wouldn't give up that easily. but you do have the other guy skull eye or whatever-his-name-is but you'd think clownman would put up alittle better of a fight.
nozomi vamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 18:06   Link #11
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozomi vamp View Post
well rick it's good but it's bad

good because the story actually goes somewhere unlike alot of stuff i've tried to write and your characters are consistant, alot of people can't draw consistant characters.
Thanks for that

Quote:
Bad because . . . well like Geki said i don't really like your style and the characters seem kinda out-of-porportion
I promise an improvement for chapter 2 in these details.

Quote:
finally it seems that your story is rushed . . . most criminals wouldn't give up that easily. but you do have the other guy skull eye or whatever-his-name-is but you'd think clownman would put up alittle better of a fight.
Well, the "clownman" (named Happy Nightmare) is of those villans that run like rats when they found themselves trapped in a corner, the hit he got was though after all.

The "skulleye" villan that Happy Nightmare called it's named Maligno, some people like Kai alredy know that villan but I won't reveal more info about him .

There are more villans in this story though, the number is over 10

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave your opinions
Old 2009-04-16, 03:19   Link #12
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
Damn, now that is some comic. Should your art improve a little bit more, that will make a big difference . Still, nice job.
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 09:28   Link #13
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

The use of gradients is one of the many things that are turning me off to this
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 12:46   Link #14
Kaix
[. . .]

It's nice that the world is starting to look more lively, there's actual people around that aren't part of the main cast. I personally really like it when there's more happening around and the world is fleshed out (even if you're using real-life locations).

Then, I don't like to comment on that, but Kasumi's right breast looks disproportionally larger than her left one. (especially visible on page 5, frame 7, and p6 f5.) Then, it's not always noticeable, but there's places where the character's head looks a lot larger than normal and contrasts with the body (p18, f6 especially, Evil Rick's head looks as big as his torso). Otherwise, the art looks slightly better than the one from the previous chapter.

Kasumi's opponent's identity was an actual surprise. It's a nice touch how you managed to make her look in her 40s-50s. Although that's quite a brutal and agile mom.

It's good that battles don't drag on a lot and still manage to get something accomplished with them and be exciting. Character-wise I really liked Nova as she was introduced in this chapter. Even though she killed that guy, it's hard to actually see her as evil since she didn't also try to kill Sonica when she had the chance.

Although there's people dieing, I see this as quite light-hearted at the moment. There's no sense of danger right now that would make what is happening very serious and each character seems to have his or her own agenda. I'll be interesting to see how you weave them all together.

Old 2009-05-23, 14:40   Link #15
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's nice that the world is starting to look more lively, there's actual people around that aren't part of the main cast. I personally really like it when there's more happening around and the world is fleshed out (even if you're using real-life locations).
Mostly playing with both.

Quote:
Then, I don't like to comment on that, but Kasumi's right breast looks disproportionally larger than her left one. (especially visible on page 5, frame 7, and p6 f5.) Then, it's not always noticeable, but there's places where the character's head looks a lot larger than normal and contrasts with the body (p18, f6 especially, Evil Rick's head looks as big as his torso). Otherwise, the art looks slightly better than the one from the previous chapter.
Hehe, yeah, some people in other forums told me the exactly same thing about anatomy, I know, sometimes the emotion catchs me.

Quote:
Kasumi's opponent's identity was an actual surprise. It's a nice touch how you managed to make her look in her 40s-50s. Although that's quite a brutal and agile mom.

Quote:
It's good that battles don't drag on a lot and still manage to get something accomplished with them and be exciting. Character-wise I really liked Nova as she was introduced in this chapter. Even though she killed that guy, it's hard to actually see her as evil since she didn't also try to kill Sonica when she had the chance.
Imagine Nova as the character who prfers to see an enemy humillated better than dead, even though, you're right in one thing, she's not that bad, se has a whole story behind but this will be revealed in the future.

Quote:
Although there's people dieing, I see this as quite light-hearted at the moment. There's no sense of danger right now that would make what is happening very serious and each character seems to have his or her own agenda. I'll be interesting to see how you weave them all together.
Well, I want this to be mostly "familiar", although, people is actually going to die but no in an extreme gore way, this is more likely like a MARVEL comic, if you catch the idea

Thanks for reading and comenting Kai, is really apreciated.

BTW: How about the grammar? Better, same, regular or totally worse? XP
Old 2009-05-23, 15:25   Link #16
Kaix
[. . .]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
BTW: How about the grammar? Better, same, regular or totally worse? XP
Sorry, forgot to say something about that. xD I think it's improved slightly, but there's still typos and a few messed up tenses, like Kagero speaking at past tense instead of present on page 7. I can list the rest of the problems if you need.

Old 2009-05-23, 16:02   Link #17
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sorry, forgot to say something about that. xD I think it's improved slightly, but there's still typos and a few messed up tenses, like Kagero speaking at past tense instead of present on page 7. I can list the rest of the problems if you need.
No need, I think I can find them now. Thanks
Old 2009-07-20, 02:16   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow, what an intriguing project. Before I even read this, let me just compliment you on actually making such a thing. This is just amazing.

I'll actually read it later. It's past midnight for now and I have class early tomorrow...

+1
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 00:14   Link #19
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wow, what an intriguing project. Before I even read this, let me just compliment you on actually making such a thing. This is just amazing.

I'll actually read it later. It's past midnight for now and I have class early tomorrow...

+1
Thanks alot!

Yay! Cookies! :3
Old 2009-07-23, 04:07   Link #20
Kaix
[. . .]

Not a lot to say about the chapter this time around. The art looks as if it has improved slightly. The pictures in the archive look especially good and clear.

I don't remember how it was in previous chapters, but I think it would be alright to use the actual swear words instead of @#$%. Makes evil people like Maligno look silly. Then maybe, it's funnier this way.

Grammar wise, I didn't notice anything too bad. If I were to nitpick a little, on page 14 it should be 'people are' instead of 'people is' and you need to take care with using 'the' where it's not needed. ['the lunch' (page 4), 'the triple' (page 14)]

Evil Rick is quite powerful and awesome to be able to heal like that after getting hit by so many bullets. xD I wonder who (or what) the masked person who came to talk to Kagero is. He didn't look evil.

All in all, solid chapter and looking forward to more.