Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-23, 15:53   Link #101
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Warriors of the Wind prompted Miyazake not to release anything in America for quite some time, and when he did start licensing his works over here again, it was under a strict contract to make sure 'Warriors of the Wind' would never happen again.
I know that but it's still a valid point against a claim like the one I was responding too. Despite being butchered so badly that it makes 4kids look like saints it was still released.
Old 2004-07-23, 16:10   Link #102
Spar-Q

Send a message via ICQ to Spar-Q Send a message via MSN to Spar-Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I know that but it's still a valid point against a claim like the one I was responding too. Despite being butchered so badly that it makes 4kids look like saints it was still released.

I never saw this title... and without risking like some bad joke.. How bad was it? LOL.
Old 2004-07-23, 16:24   Link #103
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Like I said, it makes 4Kid's look like saints...

The story was almost completely changed, bordering on 90% different from the original. Scenes were re-arranged, edited and/or discarded from the movie, the dubbing (it was only available dubbed) was truely frightning with none of the character voices being remotely appropriate and over 25 minutes of footage was removed from the movie as a whole.
Old 2004-07-23, 19:01   Link #104
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin_no_noir
Although technically licensed fansubs are bad, I would not report them for one reason. A lot of anime are licensed and still not released, for instance the studio ghibli movies. Although they are very popular, disney is still holding them off and they have been for over 7 years. They still have 7 movies to release, but we don't even have a date for nausicaa.

The thing that really irritates me about licensed fansubbers, is actually the people that download them. I understand that not everyone does this, but a lot of people download and never buy the DVDs once they come out. Even if it's their favorite series.
Actually, there is a Region-1 release date for the authentic Valley of the Wind: Nausicaa.
Featuring Alison Lohman(spectacular performance in Matchstick Men) as Nausicaa, Patrick Stewart, and Uma Thurman.

And the release date is 11/01/2004. Check DeepDiscount DVD's Nausicaa Listing for a very affordable price and free shipping to the continental United States.

Google would have turn that up if you'd searched.
Old 2004-07-23, 19:18   Link #105
Spar-Q

Send a message via ICQ to Spar-Q Send a message via MSN to Spar-Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Actually, there is a Region-1 release date for the authentic Valley of the Wind: Nausicaa.
Featuring Alison Lohman(spectacular performance in Matchstick Men) as Nausicaa, Patrick Stewart, and Uma Thurman.
Wow, lol, I was quite impressed with Princess Mononoke's dub cast, and this one sounds like it's gonna be good too... Can't wait to buy the DVD now
Closed Thread