AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-01-21, 13:29   Link #1061
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

As suggested on MF:

Keima
- Fukuyama Jun (Code Geass - Lelouch)
- Mamoru Miyano (Gundam 00 - Setsuna, Death Note - Light)

Elsee - Toyosaki Aki (K-ON! - Hirazawa Yui)

Mio Aoyama - Kugimiya Rie

Kanon Nakagawa
- Megumi Nakajima -(Macross Frontier - Ranka)

Shiori or Tenri
- Mamiko Noto - Nodoka (Negima), Kotomi (Clannad), Yakumo (School Rumble)

Diana
- Yukana (Code Geass - C.C.)

Kusunoki
- Nabatame Hitomi
- Itou Shizuka

Hakua
- Hirano Aya (Suzumiya Haruhi)

Tsukiyo
- Saito Chiwa (Bakemonogatari - Hitagi)

But Tenri and Diana are literally 2nd season material, considering the amount of girls Keima has to go through... They won't make it in the S1 if they don't cut some girls out.

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-01-21 at 19:55.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 05:32   Link #1062
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Keima -- Mamoru Miyano
This is a no-brainer to me. Fukuyama would be acceptible, but I can't think of anyone who has shown he can pull off both overdramatic (Light from Death Note) and goofball (Tamaki from Ouran) so well, and Keima's seiyuu will need ot be proficient in both. Plus Fukuyama's voice is a little too deep for me.
Elsee -- Ai Nonaka
Another easy one. "Earnest, meet Clueless. Oh wait, you've met before, back when you teamed up for Kafuka in SZS? Well that saves a lot of time in introduction..."
Hakua -- Rina Sato
I know I suggested Aya Hirano previously as Hakua because the Haruhi-style voice would be perfect, but after watching some Railgun I decided Biribiri's voice is just as ideal, if not more. For one thing, it removes the "OMG, it's Haruhi" reaction that people get any time Hirano voices a similar character. That and it makes the eventual casting of Satomi Arai as her partner Yukie that much more ideal. Now we just have to figure out how to get Yukie to say "Mattaku, oneesama..." in-character... We're guaranteed to get a "Gokult desu no..." at least...
Tenri/Diana -- Miyuki Sawashiro
I think it's important that Tenri and Diana share the same seiyuu. After all, it's the same person both voices are coming out of. But the voices still have to be noticeably different so you can tell who's speaking. Quiet and shy (with a solid flustered quoteint) for Tenri (which is why Noto would be good for her), and forceful and confident for Diana (ditto for Yukana). I think that Sawashiro, in her repertoire that includes among others, Canaan (Canaan), Kanbaru (Bakemonogatari), Xia Yu Lan (FMP!:TSR), Maria Taro Sekiutsu (SZS), the nekomimi'd dorm leader from Maria Holic, and Reika Hojo (a similarly dual-voiced character from the otherwise forgettable Goshushosama Ninomiya-kun) might just be able to do both voices justice.
Nora -- Chiwa Saito
Buxom, aloof, and probably going to kill you. It worked for Senjougahara, and it'll work for Nora. That and you get to carry on the running demons/partners joke (that we're ignoring for the two main characters) by casting Hiroshi Kamiya (Arararagi-kun, Zetsubou-sensei) as Nora's ineffectual partner Ryo.
Keima's mother -- Megumi Hayashibara
Yeah, I went there. A property of this quality deserves at least one Hall of Fame seiyuu, and Keima's mom just isn't the right type for my go-to choice for MILF voicing, Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy).
Nikaido-sensei (the female teacher) -- Michiko Neya
Kodama-sensei (the male teacher) -- Takehito Koyasu
These two pretty much speak for themselves.

That's all the recurring characters that aren't capture targets, and I'll add them later, when it's not 4 in the morning (I'll add the rest of 2B Pencils with Chihiro).
Old 2010-01-23, 19:16   Link #1063
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Keima -- Mamoru Miyano
This is a no-brainer to me. Fukuyama would be acceptible, but I can't think of anyone who has shown he can pull off both overdramatic (Light from Death Note) and goofball (Tamaki from Ouran) so well, and Keima's seiyuu will need ot be proficient in both. Plus Fukuyama's voice is a little too deep for me.
You've never seen one of Fukuyama's comedy roles, clearly. He's fully capable of voicing silly characters and his voice range is actually pretty incredible.

It kind of boils down to him or Miyano, though, given the similarity of both their voices and the characters they're known for playing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 20:05   Link #1064
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Usually, the comedic characters Fukuyama has voiced were either:

1.Weak willed/ worry warts
2.Extremely eccentric

Aside from that, he does do some over the top goofy reactions (Watanuki from xxxHOLiC) but I really can’t imagine him doing that with Keima.
I’m really sold on Mamoru because he did voice similar characters before (Tamaki, especially Death the kid) so I can see him doing the roll easily.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:21   Link #1065
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'll definitely take Mamoru over Fukuyama for Keima, though it has to be one of them.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 20:27   Link #1066
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

As much as Fukuyama would suit the role of Keima, somehow I imagine Leopard-sama kinda tone, I'm inclined to go with my instincts that I really think Death the Kidd might be better in this case

for Elsee I can only really think of Toyosaki Aki atm but I would like to think theirs another person for the job.
Old 2010-01-24, 05:58   Link #1067
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You've never seen one of Fukuyama's comedy roles, clearly. He's fully capable of voicing silly characters and his voice range is actually pretty incredible.
Never said he couldn't. That is what "acceptible" means, after all... ^_^ Honestly, I'm sure he'd be better than "acceptible". It's just between him and Miyano, he loses out in my opinion. I'm sure whatever production company ends up with the title will have different protocols that may well put Fukuyama higher on their wish list, but as a fan I don't have to worry about budget or scheduling, just fitness for the role (and the odd wild hair or two)...

Now, capture targets:
Ayumi Takahara (track girl) -- Emiri Katou
An ideal tsundere to start a string of tsunderes (every girl who knows Otamegane before the start of the series is very much tsuntsun for him).

Mio Aoyama (ex-oujo girl) -- Marina Inoue
She's even got her hair parted down the middle... ^_^

Kanon Nakagawa (disappearing idol) -- Yui Horie
I dunno, maybe it's my Love Hina anime upbringing, but every time I see an idol character, that's whose voice I automatically hear. And she can sing very well, so that's not a problem. And if Yokkyun, the obvious Key ripoff poorly drawn heroine from Keima's favorite game, gets a voice (do PFP dating sims have voice?), Hocchan is totally pulling double duty, ugu~.

Shiori Shiomiya (bookworm girl) -- Aki Toyosaki
Well, I can go with the obvious choices for quiet bookworm type, or concentrate more on later in the arc when you pretty much can't shut her up... ^_^ Crap, I just broke my self-imposed K-on embargo... Eh, can't be helped.

Kusunoki Kasuga (martial artist girl) -- Yu Kobayashi
Has a good "masculine" feminine voice (Kaere Kimura, SZS) and a good "feminine" feminine voice (Kaede Kimura, SZS). Both will be needed.

Chihiro Kosaka (average girl) -- Kanae Ito
Yeah, typecasting's a bitch... And I got nothing on the remaining 2B Pencils members. Not enough to work with.

Jun Nagase (hot student teacher girl) -- Satsuki Yukino
How can we have an attractive oneesan character and not cast the Alpha Oneesan? The easiest capture target to cast, IMHO.

Tsukiyo Kujou (chibi astronomer girl) -- Rie Kugimiya
Totally heard her voice in my head from the first page. I blame JC Staff.

Minami Ikoma (loli swimmer girl) -- Kaori Fukuhara
Sounds younger than the rest of the cast...check. Oozes cute...check. Don't really need anything else...

Reiko Hinaga (creepy girl's grandmother) -- Yuki Matsuoka
Oh...no reason... *whistles*

Sumire Uemoto (ramen girl) -- Aya Hirano
Let's see, "energetic and enthusiastic", "runs everywhere", "filled with confidence and determination, regardless of whether she's competent or not"... Well, I'll be... Her picture is next to the definition in the dictionary...

Nanaka Haibara (shogi girl) -- Ryoko Shiraishi
Speaks in a Kansai dialect, apparently more out of personality than origin (she's recently been overseas and appears to have the stereotypical blunt American Kansai personality). Shiraishi, as a native of the Kansai region who has a history of performing in the dialect (and/or in the personality), should be ideal.

Yui (Body-swapping oujo drummer girl) -- Yukari Tamura
Yet another character who needs some vocal and acting range, as she has to handle the vocal patterns of both a cute, genki, oujo dojikko and
Spoiler for chapter 82-...:
While I can't think of anyone who has been cast in quite those two roles (that last one's kinda the killer), I'd say she's come close enough.

Not capture targets:
Dokurou Skull (Elsee's and Hakua's boss) -- Chafurin
He's a little bitty dude with a skull for a face. He absolutely has to have a weird voice. And few seiyuu voices are weirder than the guy who brought Mr. Delicious to Higurashi.

Reiko-chan (creepy little/hot teen "ghost" girl) -- Yuki Matsuoka
I can't be the only one who saw Tsuruya-san when creepy little "I'll cut your head off" ghost girl turned into hot teenaged ghost girl, can I (ch68, pg7)? She's even got an end of sentence verbal tic, ne? She should probably double as Airi-chan (creepy little real girl) to accomodate the twist in the arc.

Keima's grandfather -- Norio Wakamoto
When God speaks Japanese, He uses Norio Wakamoto's voice. Apparently I am not the only one to realize this. And guaranteed that's what Keima sounds like when he gets big. Now excuse me while I go help that pussy Chuck Norris check his closet for Norio Wakamoto... "ALL HAIL BRITTANIA!"

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-01-27 at 17:08.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 22:44   Link #1068
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 75 out !

Keima's dream chapter ?
Yokkyun's return XD
Hmmm , so his dream was talking about to "create a good game" ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 23:35   Link #1069
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The politics and epic war anime parodies are killing me.

Spoiler for ch 75 so as not to spoil the punchlines:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 00:09   Link #1070
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for ch 75:
Old 2010-01-25, 00:27   Link #1071
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 84:
Old 2010-01-25, 04:12   Link #1072
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for 84:
Spoiler for 84:
Old 2010-01-25, 10:13   Link #1073
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The page where there's a debate between a galge with long tradition story and new revolution is so...epic epic for me o.o;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 11:36   Link #1074
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Chapter 76 was translated. New target for God

Overall, not much was showed, except surely we will see more Tenri&Diana ^__^
Old 2010-01-27, 11:44   Link #1075
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I find that new girl from chapter 76 to be cute.. I don't think that she's a tsundere, but it may be somewhere near that definition.

And..Shogi, huh ? At first I thought it was going to be mahjong for some reasons

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 12:31   Link #1076
ellifeedn
Thinker

This new girl, Nanaka, is okay looking, but her hair is just... I don't know how to describe my feelings about it.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 12:43   Link #1077
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Can't really characterize the character (no scanlation yet) but for some reason Sakamoto seems like she'll fit...
You need someone who can handle Kansai ben. And somehow I can't see Ueda Kana voicing her
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 16:50   Link #1078
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
You need someone who can handle Kansai ben. And somehow I can't see Ueda Kana voicing her
Ryoko Shiraishi then? Her voice is a bit deeper than average, but I think it might fit here...

EDIT: Went ahead and changed it.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-01-27 at 17:06.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 18:34   Link #1079
Somnus
Eh?

So it's been a while since I've read it (Stopped for a while at ch. 66). Caught up to the scans now, glad to see it still going strong! I was really sad to see the end of Sumire (for now, hopefully), I really liked her. Though Keima needs to have his teacher as a target. Now.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 18:36   Link #1080
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Ryoko Shiraishi then? Her voice is a bit deeper than average, but I think it might fit here...

EDIT: Went ahead and changed it.
Indeed, her role as Nogami Aoi in Zettai Karen Children comes to mind. She's a good fit.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen