AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-16, 14:43   Link #18141
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^That was in the SS2 (Side Story 2)
Old 2012-04-16, 14:44   Link #18142
judasmartel
*Author

Thank you very much.
Old 2012-04-17, 15:02   Link #18143
raito0512
kira

does anyone know how touma had a geko-ta strap on his cellphone? i remember in vol 17 or 18 lessar noticed about the gekota strap on touma cellphone.

i dont remember mikoto gave him a gekota stap. the only one i know is that gekota starap is the one they bought on september 30. i didnt see or read about misaka gave that frog to him? wew
Old 2012-04-17, 15:07   Link #18144
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You get a pair of cell phone straps.
Old 2012-04-17, 16:26   Link #18145
raito0512
kira

true and pair of straps are attach in mikoto bag the question how did she give that gekoto to touma?
Old 2012-04-17, 18:01   Link #18146
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raito0512 View Post
true and pair of straps are attach in mikoto bag
I don't remember such a scene in the novels. The way I figure, Mikoto gave him the strap after Imouto 10032 chased after Last Order for the goggles in the underground mall.
Old 2012-04-17, 18:15   Link #18147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't remember such a scene in the novels. The way I figure, Mikoto gave him the strap after Imouto 10032 chased after Last Order for the goggles in the underground mall.
Nah, at that moment she was still pissed at him.

Most likely it's after that entire incident was settled, after all there's a long blank space between Vol 13 and 14... Long enough to even fit in an SS.
Old 2012-04-17, 18:29   Link #18148
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Erm, wasn't the whole point of getting the phones the fact that they had an exclusive item that wasn't found anywhere else (aka Gekota strap)? (well, officially)
Old 2012-04-17, 18:35   Link #18149
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, but there never was the scene of her giving him the strap, except for the mention at the end of Volume 22:

"It was a Gekota strap, with its string forcefully torn off.
On September 30th - it was something they had gotten together."
Old 2012-04-17, 19:02   Link #18150
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Doesn't that just mean the straps came with the phones? Or if they didn't get new phones, they just got the straps when they signed up together?
Old 2012-04-17, 19:03   Link #18151
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Yes, but there never was the scene of her giving him the strap, except for the mention at the end of Volume 22:

"It was a Gekota strap, with its string forcefully torn off.
On September 30th - it was something they had gotten together."
I assume that the two phones each had a gekota strap. By simply receiving the phones they "got it together".
Old 2012-04-19, 03:26   Link #18152
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

the straps are a free item they got for getting a pair contract which is why they went and pretended to be lovers.
Old 2012-04-19, 19:14   Link #18153
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
the straps are a free item they got for getting a pair contract which is why they went and pretended to be lovers.
Really funny chapter, but the Imouto really made the volume an epic win.
Old 2012-04-20, 06:34   Link #18154
raito0512
kira

Quote:
hmm i dont think so. they part away because mikoto pissed about touma flirting of her imouto.

aND If mikoto gave that strap we could see touma cellphonce have a frog strap on angel arc scence

in vol 14 where touma contact mikoto about the news in alvignon theres no sign that touma have a gekota strap wew/
Old 2012-04-20, 06:35   Link #18155
raito0512
kira

Quote:
Yes, but there never was the scene of her giving him the strap, except for the mention at the end of Volume 22

."
thats true. before the vol 22 there a scene in vol 17 or 18 where lessar ask touma about about the frog strap attach on his cellphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Most likely it's after that entire incident was settled, after all there's a long blank space between Vol 13 and 14... Long enough to even fit in an SS.
hmmm i dont remember that scene but in SS they didnt see each other only about misuzu targeted by skill-out.
Old 2012-04-20, 06:39   Link #18156
raito0512
kira

Quote:
I don't remember such a scene in the novels
but in anime u can see that strap attach in mikoto bag.

touma and imouta are eating animal donut then mikoto interupted them looking pissed because that idiot flirting imouto.
Old 2012-04-20, 16:39   Link #18157
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
thats true. before the vol 22 there a scene in vol 17 or 18 where lessar ask touma about about the frog strap attach on his cellphone.
That was in vol 20

Quote:
aND If mikoto gave that strap we could see touma cellphonce have a frog strap on angel arc scence

in vol 14 where touma contact mikoto about the news in alvignon theres no sign that touma have a gekota strap wew/
Not necessarily, for the first one (vol 12-13 + anime version), it's possible he already received it at that time but just didn't care attaching it yet ... well he got lightning bolts, an encounter with LO, an annoying meeting the two other idiots, a fight with Vento, etc ... after meeting the pissed off girl so I guess he simply couldn't think about that. Moreover, remember there was no mentioning or showing of Miko-chin attaching it to one of her phones either in both media until vol 20 (even though she's the main otaku of the series ... and she surely already has it) so it's not surprising the same kind of omitting happened to Touma (or guess it's an omitting from the author itself, which didn't bother the anime staff either).

For the part in vol 14, it might as well be the case, ( (also that guy pretty much changes/repairs his phone frequently so he might have thought of attaching the strap after the phone was damaged at the end of vol 14). There's also the possibilities that it was just not mentioned but was probably already there. (Remember he couldn't have met Miko-chin in vol 18 and later on so he must have had it at that time, even so the strap was never mentioned in vol 18 as well ... even when he phoned her).

So to answer the question you asked (that you also asked here), there are only two possibilities of when she gave it to him :
1- In vol 12, just before that scene (regardless of how pissed she was) :
Spoiler for Vol 12 chap 4 part 1:

Or somewhere between vol 13 & 14 (excluding SS1)

Quote:
hmmm i dont remember that scene but in SS they didnt see each other only about misuzu targeted by skill-out.
No, there was several days between the end of Vol 13 and start of vol 14, meanwhile SS1 only lasted a single day. Thus, that still leaves a very large room to fit that kind scene.

Last edited by desrtsku; 2012-04-20 at 16:52.
Old 2012-04-22, 11:07   Link #18158
classic

Wow, i didn`t know that we have a new relationship chart on ToAru wikia. Nice!
Old 2012-04-22, 15:26   Link #18159
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Is there any larger image of it? It's so small I can hardly make out the faces, and clicking on it pulls up a smaller image of the picture for some reason.

EDIT: Nevermind, you have to click the view photo details button at the bottom corner after you click the image
Old 2012-04-22, 22:50   Link #18160
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So his harem is building, such misfortune. Oh man, this dude is screwed, no matter who he picks.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen