AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 01:05   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 585 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are not yet released.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 06:28   Link #2
Bombo
TSF Fans

Finally no more flashback
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 06:47   Link #3
Aesthetic Shampoo

..dafuq happened?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 06:54   Link #4
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

...........i just want to see Narutos fight again
Old 2012-05-09, 07:04   Link #5
HasuMasu
*Artist

The first translation read was really trippy, thankfully the second was a bit better.

That jutsu Kabuto used was pretty damn awesome, too bad he's too busy angsting right now to explain how it works...
Old 2012-05-09, 07:56   Link #6
Aqua Knight

Holy Hell!

Itachi got pwned??
Old 2012-05-09, 08:13   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Because we're talking about Itachi, I bet it's another genjutsu...
the real one already stand somewhere and start Izanami... hahaha

aww... Kabuto's power is disgusting but powerful... He is like human centipede now.. >.<
now how can Uchiha brothers deal with him? (at first, I thought Kabuto is weak and will get pawned by Sasuke and Itachi... but the tide has changed now)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 08:17   Link #8
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Does Kabuto even know what his technique can do? Itachi is just going to regenerate. Itachi can't even feel that. His jutsu will just keep going. If he wanted to stop him momentarily, cutting his hands off or gouging his eyes out would've worked much better.

And it's odd to know that Tayuya's body got fed to the grinder.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 08:19   Link #9
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

nah i bet that Izanami jutsu will save Itachi so im guessing next chapter will be explaining time on the mechanics of that new jutsu
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 09:18   Link #10
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Itachi will live as long as kabuto is alive hes in edo tensei
Old 2012-05-09, 09:32   Link #11
ChronoReverse

Only interesting part for me is that Itachi has full access to Tsukiyomi after all.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 09:37   Link #12
Mists

Interesting and fun chapter...finally back to the action.

Kishi could take out two birds with one stone though...I don't think he should. I love the cockiness battle between Itachi and Kabuto.

Kabuto could be captured, Madara done for but then we just have Tobi and maybe Sasuke as villains. I hope Kabuto doesn't perish here.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 09:42   Link #13
ronin myael
lost ronin

kabuto looked disgustingly creepy this chapter. i can't help but feel a little nostalgic after seeing the sound five and kimimaro. and when kabuto summoned his inner oro, two words popped into my head - ceasar clown! ceasar does look a bit like oro.

i can barely understand what happened in the chapter though. must be the scans, they were horrible! i need to find a better one. even the translation sucked.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:23   Link #14
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
kabuto looked disgustingly creepy this chapter. i can't help but feel a little nostalgic after seeing the sound five and kimimaro. and when kabuto summoned his inner oro, two words popped into my head - ceasar clown! ceasar does look a bit like oro.

i can barely understand what happened in the chapter though. must be the scans, they were horrible! i need to find a better one. even the translation sucked.
agreed but the only major thing that should be taken away from the chapter is that Itachis right eye is now missing...Izanami is on and popping!!...now for explaination no jutsu...
Old 2012-05-09, 11:13   Link #15
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Holy Hell!

Itachi got pwned??
Just before he got chopped he used Izanami which will be revealed next chapter
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 11:42   Link #16
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Holy Hell!

Itachi got pwned??
Sadly no.
It was more like a slight inconvineance, since it was a clone again. It would be so cool to see Kabuto knocking at least one of the brothers out, though. I really liked the chapter, espcecially Kabuto's tears which show his sadness, resolve and suffering. Leave him alone Uchihas, he just wants to find himself.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2012-05-09 at 12:08.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 12:00   Link #17
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

My first reaction: Holy shit! It's the Sound Four + Bone dude! They are getting trolled by Kabuto (Yeah, I actually said that out loud)

My reaction at the end: damn it Kishi, why you no tell us what that there fancy Uchiha jutsu is? (Though secretly, I am enjoying the suspense)

I really liked Itachi and Kabuto's mano a mano talk; we get a clear sense from the talk no jutsu that Itachi will win, for he has the moral high ground, and this is how things work in Narutoverse (unless you are Konan, unfortunately)

Itachi: You are just a hack, Kabuto. Get over yourself.
Kabuto: F*ck you, Uchiha brat!

Does anyone else think it's weird that Kabuto keeps identifying Itachi with his clan--the clan that Itachi destroyed?

I think Kabuto has a warped sense of reality...
Old 2012-05-09, 12:06   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Only interesting part for me is that Itachi has full access to Tsukiyomi after all.
Why wouldn't he?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 12:09   Link #19
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Why wouldn't he?
There were some who insisted that he didn't have access to it as an Edo Tensei zombie despite there being no indications that he wouldn't have it.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 12:13   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Does anyone else think it's weird that Kabuto keeps identifying Itachi with his clan--the clan that Itachi destroyed?
It was not because of the context, Kabuto looks upon them as some angry peasants look at royalty and noblemen. Even in the ninja world there are elite clans as opposed to average ninja, and often those who were not born to be ninja royalty begin to hate the royalty. Kabuto probably thinks these people had unfair advantages over him, so he wants to steal their powers, just like the communists wanted to kill rich people and take their money/lands/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
There were some who insisted that he didn't have access to it as an Edo Tensei zombie despite there being no indications that he wouldn't have it.
I was thinking that Itachi maybe can't use Tsukiyomi, otherwise he would beat Kabuto in an instant. But i was not aware of how strong Kabuto became, now we know that Kabuto is so strong that he can easly stand against all known MS jutsu including any already known genjutsu. The other reason for that idea was that if Itachi should not be able to talk to Sasuke for too long because then there won't be an epic Naruto vs Sasuke battle to the death. So i guessed that in order for Itachi to be unable to talk to Sasuke maybe there should be a limit on him using Tsukiyomi so that if he uses it he will have to disappear. Maybe instead of the tsukiyomi it will be Izanami that results in Itachi disappearing before he could talk to Sasuke. But one thing still seems to be clear: in order to stop Madara Itachi needs to mind control Kabuto, so the next chapter is probabaly that.

There's a part where Itachi and Sasuke look into each other's eyes, and it seems that broke down the sound genjutsu, i didn't get how that worked.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-05-09 at 12:34.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion