AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 36 33.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 28.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 12.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 6.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-30, 08:58   Link #101
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
But above all, the characters. I think only Elfen Lied can even hope to come close to even rivalling Higurashi's amazing characters and their development.
Two words - watch Monster. Serioulsy, I like the Higurashi characters and their development but they have gaps in motivation because the anime is so rushed compared to the game. For instance K1 getting almost out of the blue so connected to Satoko that he decided to kill her unkle. Or Shion's attack on Satoko in the school seemed to come almost from nowhere while apparently there was a lot more to that in the game.

Quote:
Since all three skeletons were in the well for over 10 years this pretty much confirms that the Sonozaki were not involved in any of the killings in the past 5 years.
I also think they were not involved (mostly because Shion thought they were and she was wrong about so many things) but you know, they are not obliged to put all the bodies in that well after all.

Quote:
And last.., as it turns out.. Shion's image of Satoshi-kun while facing the well on the last episode was just her wanting to belive she found him because after all Satoshi is NOT in the well.
What kind of proof is that? After all, who is to say that ghosts can't travel far from the place where the dead body is? But let's not get into the occult, I firmly believe in a natural explanation of the mystery.

Old 2006-08-30, 09:00   Link #102
Vicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
New? XD
Well I dont remember her face anywhere but im pretty tired right now so I might be fogetting someone
Old 2006-08-30, 09:06   Link #103
sagematt
Magician of Words

Heyyyyy I have seen that star (the one she has on the hip) before...
*takes a look at Tatarigoroshi-hen* OH SHI-!

*Moves out to ep 22 discussion*
Old 2006-08-30, 10:39   Link #104
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
What kind of proof is that? After all, who is to say that ghosts can't travel far from the place where the dead body is? But let's not get into the occult, I firmly believe in a natural explanation of the mystery.
Currently the specific words where not given to us.., however like I said in the first place.., the last scenes between Mion and Shion came to show us that the Sonozaki realy didn't have any involment to do with Satoshi's dissapearence.

Quote:
It revealed to us that Onibaba realy did pardon Shion.., and realy had no involment with Satoshi's dissapearence, as witness by Mion...; and judging by she acted.. I do belive that was the truth.
Which even makes Shion's story the more tragic..
I say this because.. well much like in my quote.., I belive Mion was telling the truth when she now spoke with Shion.., her words and atitudes where what convinced at first.., however we are also given a image as a flashback of Mion facing Onibaba on the matter, and Onibaba smilling as she had acepted Shion's love for Satoshi.

And in fact.., Mion herself said that Onibaba looked into the matter to see if anyone who was part of the "curse ring" had anything to do with it..
Unfortunatly nor Onibaba, nor anyone found out anything..

Also.., after a while, this post I read on the TIP's jumps into my head and I start thinking...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=116

What if in fact the reason why Onibaba-sama herself gotten her nails pulled once as kejime too was due to that she also loved someone whom she was not suposed too.
Which would explain why she and Akane became very close (as mencioned on that post) despite the disinheritance; and why she now also acepted Shion's love with Satoshi.

However this last part is just purely my speculation

But still, for a more solid information, I belive LostBlue covered that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
I've posted this in a few places but this is what exactly was found in the well.
The bodies of Sonozaki Oryou, Kimiyoshi Kiichirou, Furude Rika (there was a broken syringe in her pocket), Hojou Satoko and 3 partial skeletons that have been in the well for at least 10 years. The police believe if they dig deeper they may find more bodies. (Source Watanagashi Hen epilouge)
Hence.., if Satoshi had been thrown into the well 1 year ago.., the police would have still been able to identify him, or partialy anyway..
Aside from Shion's recent victims.., no other bodies except partial skeletons that had been there for over 10 years where found.

Which.., is like I again previously said.., is what leads me now to go back to my first speculation that Satoshi might in fact be..
Spoiler:

Shion's vision of Satoshi ended up beeing nothing more then in her own mind.., with her desire to belive she had found him..
Allas.. she could not find any other explination to what had happened to him.., thus beliving this possibility so blindly until the end..

Which to even Mion's last words served of nothing..

Last edited by Alu; 2006-08-30 at 11:05.
Old 2006-08-30, 11:08   Link #105
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh my days >.<
one of the most gory ep so far? poor poor satoko but she did have a lot of guts right to the bitter end...shion has really lost it...
the ending explained everything...
so in the end all was shion's doing...and everyone dies...hmm so mion was innocent all along O.o
satoshi was forgiven but still disappeared...could it be rika's doing cause i really dnt think that mion would be lying at thats state and this makes shion's revernge come crashing down on her head...
even tho shion was completely nuts her love for satoshi was really touching...right until she died -.-
but the funny is that k1 died from a heart attack...hes been driven nuts too...and i wouldnt blame him

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-30, 11:42   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Watching episode 21 really does put a lot of pieces together, but still - it makes you the whole Satoshi situation just grow larger & larger. If we don't find out anything about him.. then it looks like i'll be playing the game for more then just wanting to hear the music reason.
Old 2006-08-30, 13:26   Link #107
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueblade
Spoiler for For Mion's "gomena sai" (that's how you spell it right?):

Not really important, but one thing that did disappoint me is Mion stop apologizing in the anime. In the game, she continued until Shion walked up to her and said "You could stop. You have no more reason to apologize now."
"WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

If I remember right, this is also the pt where Shion takes back her name as Mion.

Pure speculation on my part, but besides "Mion" being the superior one, it's "Shion" who forgot Satoshi's wish, so if she was "Mion," she was right with her actions. That wasn't said in the game (and again this is my speculation), but it's one of the things that struck me to why she desperately wanted to all the sudden be "Mion" at the end.
Old 2006-08-30, 15:01   Link #108
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Ok this was GOOD
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-30, 15:04   Link #109
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade
Ok this was GOOD
Spoiler:
Read TIPS #113
Old 2006-08-30, 18:24   Link #110
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

oh man...

Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-08-30, 18:52   Link #111
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
The mistery might not be solved to me, but I believe the "Gomen nasai"s are somewhat important, aren't they?

In Onikakushi, they gave a goodd emphasys on Rena's.
Now in Meakashi, Mion apologized too.
And in Tatarigoroshi, it was Satoko's time.
And in all those chapters, Keiichi/Shion [both who the apologies where directed] died only after those events.

So, is there anything up with it?
Old 2006-08-30, 19:02   Link #112
Ishun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicke
Well I dont remember her face anywhere but im pretty tired right now so I might be fogetting someone
The person who appears in episode 21's preview looks like the school teacher.
Old 2006-08-30, 19:16   Link #113
Spastic_Hobo

So I never played the games, but now I really want to. This arc ending left a terrible taste in my mouth. It feels like the story is being half told, and from what I've read of posts from the game players, that seems to be the case.

It really pisses me off because I had high hopes for the anime in the beginning. But no I feel like it's just getting a half-assed treatment and giving the story no justice. I dunno if I'm gonna like how they end this final arc.
Old 2006-08-30, 20:12   Link #114
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

One example why the manga is a much better portrayal of the original game than the anime:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Watanagashi-hen Vol. 2 pp. 240-241
Copyright: Square Enix, Ryukishi07, Houjou Yutori

1. Dramatic scene (in this case, the doll) [check]
2. No weird kao-gei [check]
3. More emphasis on Kei-chan's inner monologues [check]
Old 2006-08-30, 20:36   Link #115
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler for true identity of the twins:
ROFL..... I thought as much. At least it's now explained!
Old 2006-08-30, 21:55   Link #116
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
One example why the manga is a much better portrayal of the original game than the anime:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Watanagashi-hen Vol. 2 pp. 240-241
Copyright: Square Enix, Ryukishi07, Houjou Yutori

1. Dramatic scene (in this case, the doll) [check]
2. No weird kao-gei [check]
3. More emphasis on Kei-chan's inner monologues [check]
Someone posted that back in the ep. 8 discussion thread. I really wished they'd left that doll scene. It's so sad, and it would've made so much more sense on why the doll affected Shion so much.
Old 2006-08-31, 00:41   Link #117
mm0rbid

Extremely suspicious

Is it just me or something feels suspicious?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-31, 01:25   Link #118
GundamZZ
残念美人

Not that.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-31, 21:43   Link #119
Symmetry
安堵竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
mmm.. lets see then..
On Onikakushi-hen :

Spoiler:

On Watanagashi-hen :

Spoiler:

On Tatarigoroshi-hen :

Spoiler:

On Himatsubushi-hen :

Spoiler:

On Meakashi-hen :

Spoiler:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that in one of the arcs the found out that the body they thought was Takano had to actually be someone else, since it was killed *before* the festival. I think, since there was a burned corpse found in every scenario, that it was equally not her in every scenario and that she doesn't actually die in any of them. All of which makes me really, really suspicious of her even forgetting about when she picked up Keichi in Tatarigorashi.

What about the swamp gas? Thats a hard one. The "Rika's disembowlment angers Oyashiro-sama" theory does have a certain appeal, but I've decided I'm going to go for rational explanations until I'm absolutly forced to fall back on the supernatural.

One theory is that in any scenario where they did up a mysterious pipe in the middle of the woods it will emit a could of toxic gas and kill everyone, but I don't see any reason to believe that's what happened in Himatsubushi.

So what I'm left with is that either someone was killed in Tatarigorashi but not in Watanagashi - like the doctor - who was doing something to prevent the disaster or someone was killed in Watanagashi but not in Tatarigorashi - like Onibaba - who somehow caused the disaster. Hmmm...
Old 2006-08-31, 21:51   Link #120
Symmetry
安堵竜

It occurs to me it might have something to do with the weather too. I seem to recall from Tatarigoroshi and one of the Himatsubushi TIPS that there had been a long spell of dryness followed by sudden rain before the poison gas.
Closed Thread