AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-12, 07:37   Link #2061
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The knights as custom-made warriors certainly makes sense, and supports most of what we've seen in A's.

However, if he made them simply to assist him in combat, then it would be unusually frivolous to give the Knights their own personalities and quirks, not to mention that it probably would've been easier to get summonable combat bots ala Precia. Taking the pragmatist idea to the extreme, if the meister only bestowed what skills and powers are needed, then why add the burden of emotion and sentience? The Knights in that line of thinking would simply have been empty emotionless dolls that respond to their master's orders to the T.

We can assume then that the meister was a loner who wanted company, and so created the mages not just as weapons of war but as his travel companions basing them either on his ideals of a group, or on people he knew (this would make for some very good fanfiction material) XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-12, 08:20   Link #2062
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The knights as custom-made warriors certainly makes sense, and supports most of what we've seen in A's.

However, if he made them simply to assist him in combat, then it would be unusually frivolous to give the Knights their own personalities and quirks, not to mention that it probably would've been easier to get summonable combat bots ala Precia. Taking the pragmatist idea to the extreme, if the meister only bestowed what skills and powers are needed, then why add the burden of emotion and sentience? The Knights in that line of thinking would simply have been empty emotionless dolls that respond to their master's orders to the T.

We can assume then that the meister was a loner who wanted company, and so created the mages not just as weapons of war but as his travel companions basing them either on his ideals of a group, or on people he knew (this would make for some very good fanfiction material) XD
Points taken. I would also like to add 2 more points.

1) Highly intelligent warriors instead of mindless bots would up the overall combat abilities of the team. It's true that mobs have the numbers advantage but for someone who needs to travel constantly for the search of knowledge, a small but elite team of bodyguards and servants is a much preferable choice. And imagine the hassle the Meister would need to go through if for every battle s/he has to do a mass summoning. Precia has the leisure of her own base and army to go with. The Meister, most likely, did not.

2) It's possible that the Knight share a similar basic program similar to the original functions of the Tome: learning. Their Linker cores could have been somewhat like CPU chips that gathers data and with experience, builds up their knowledge and other skills respective of their roles. As the data gathers and forms, so did their personalities. If we add this concept to your travelling companions theory, even if the Meister had merely created a rudimentary mind for each of them, with time and data collected, it's not difficult for them to develop a character suited to their roles and whatever quirks the Meister might have added on as a whim or such.
Old 2007-02-12, 23:58   Link #2063
khaosflame

^_^

Old 2007-02-13, 02:05   Link #2064
aers
*Fansubber

That video quality makes me want to cry >_>
Old 2007-02-13, 02:22   Link #2065
Lost

To start off my first post-A's post in this thread:

OMG THE OLDER CHRONO IS SO HOT!!! I WANT MOAR!!! (add to that: (1) MOAR Chibi-Loli-Reinforce (2) MOAR Chibi-Loli-Arf-san (3) MOAR young-adult Nanoha.)

=/
Old 2007-02-13, 05:03   Link #2066
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Still....Couldn't the Unison ability come from the Lost Logia itself?

Because the Tome of the Night Sky was modified throughout the ages, it could have already have the Unison ability before it fell into the hands of some mage who modified it into Belka-style magic....just a theory
Old 2007-02-13, 05:49   Link #2067
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Lost

Lol, I completely understand how you feel, it's too bad he didn't get to show off much... Oh well, here's to hoping...

(p.s - refering to your other post in A's as well...)
Old 2007-02-13, 06:42   Link #2068
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I can't believe I missed this on my "hopeful" list for StrikerS. Blasphemy.

Subaru needs to do this.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-13, 07:17   Link #2069
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

If Subaru's gonna do ANYTHING, she'll have to do THIS

Off-topic, my greatest gratitude to you for showing me how awesome Dendoh is XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-13, 09:13   Link #2070
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wait...isn't Subaru too fla...Forget I said that. Though Subaru channeling Ginga's Izumo-ryu Ougi is almost a granted. After all, what's the point of a Boost Knuckle if you're not going to deliver a moe-ru fist?

....Now that I think about it, it would be hilarious if Subaru suddenly starts going Masaru Daimon/Domon Kasshu and starts the whole "men are idiots who can only express their hearts and souls through their fist" talk. I don't think I've ever seen a female pull that in anime. EVER.

*Enemies appear*

CIC : Two enemies detected. Confirming idenfication....It's Rider 01 and Rider 02.
Subaru : That guy is here. Finally. This time I'll definitely settle our fight!
Tiana : You sound awfully enthusiastic at enemies appearing...what's so special about him anyway?
Subaru : Hm..You don't understand. When my fist first clashed with him, I knew that he was the same as me....He was also a man who can only express his heart and soul through his fist.
Tiana :....You're a girl.

Yeah, I'm aware the gag above sounds bad, but I'm not in top form recently. Can't really squeeze out the creative juices from my brain. :P

When I posted that Dendoh-someness... Nanoha's brother as a villian keeps popping up into my mind. Great, first I envisioned Fate's dad, leader of the Sycra Clan/Yuuno's family (( imaginary brother )) and now Nanoha's brother.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-13, 09:40   Link #2071
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I don't want to imagine how it would play out if Subaru's Domon and Nanoha goes Master Asia...

"the east, is burning red"

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-02-13, 10:10   Link #2072
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wait...isn't Subaru too fla...Forget I said that. Though Subaru channeling Ginga's Izumo-ryu Ougi is almost a granted. After all, what's the point of a Boost Knuckle if you're not going to deliver a moe-ru fist?
Or a Heart Breaker XD There's so many possible moves that Subaru can rip from SRW with that Revolver Knuckle of here

(And there's nothing wrong with Subaru being fla... underdeveloped.)

Quote:
....Now that I think about it, it would be hilarious if Subaru suddenly starts going Masaru Daimon/Domon Kasshu and starts the whole "men are idiots who can only express their hearts and souls through their fist" talk. I don't think I've ever seen a female pull that in anime. EVER.

*Enemies appear*

CIC : Two enemies detected. Confirming idenfication....It's Rider 01 and Rider 02.
Subaru : That guy is here. Finally. This time I'll definitely settle our fight!
Tiana : You sound awfully enthusiastic at enemies appearing...what's so special about him anyway?
Subaru : Hm..You don't understand. When my fist first clashed with him, I knew that he was the same as me....He was also a man who can only express his heart and soul through his fist.
Tiana :....You're a girl.

Yeah, I'm aware the gag above sounds bad, but I'm not in top form recently. Can't really squeeze out the creative juices from my brain. :P

When I posted that Dendoh-someness... Nanoha's brother as a villian keeps popping up into my mind. Great, first I envisioned Fate's dad, leader of the Sycra Clan/Yuuno's family (( imaginary brother )) and now Nanoha's brother.
Rider 01 and Rider 02? *gasp* The Lieze twins are back!

And Subaru spouting such lines with hotblood will increase her respectability in my eyes.

"TAKE MY LOVE, MY ANGER, AND ALL OF MY SORROW!!! SHINING FINGER SWORD!"
*sword doesn't come out*
"Oh cra.."

Old 2007-02-13, 10:44   Link #2073
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

my co-workers all came over for some drinks and we played poker, so after a few hours I loaded up Nanoha and hooked up my notebook to my tv,

first 3 ep reaction = wtf is this magical girl sh*t
ep 4-8 = wait can u pause i need to goto washroom
ep 9-13 = FK its 2am but wana finish this

i think a few of them ended up buying the dvds
Old 2007-02-13, 10:58   Link #2074
Lost

Lol I'm impressed they completed it in one sitting.

Btw, I need to ask, where are you guys getting the additional material (characters- subaru, tiana? etc.) of Nanoha from? From the manga? Is Subaru Fate's "child"? Who is tiana?
Old 2007-02-13, 11:06   Link #2075
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Magazine scans...and the manga.

Fate's "child" is Elio. Subaru isn't young enough to be a child.

Tiana is Subaru's partner under Nanoha's division/guidance.

Go read this thread from about....err... 40 pages back? You'll be corrupted enough for the discussions then. :/

Old 2007-02-13, 11:08   Link #2076
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

My info basically comes from the manga, the wiki entries on MSLN and my overly vivid imagination .

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-02-13 at 11:09. Reason: Ack, someone posted before I did =P
Old 2007-02-13, 11:11   Link #2077
Lost

Ohh. Yes, now that Nanoha is a combat-instructor I suppose those two (Sub, Tia) would be her students. I see, ty ^^. Ghey, I'm not going to read the whole of this thread.
Old 2007-02-13, 11:27   Link #2078
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

hey I read all 104 pages of it ! u should too lots of goodies imo
Old 2007-02-13, 11:39   Link #2079
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Agreed. Even if you just read the last 20 pages, they'll fill you up with lots of Nanoha goodness .
Old 2007-02-13, 12:38   Link #2080
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Still....Couldn't the Unison ability come from the Lost Logia itself?

Because the Tome of the Night Sky was modified throughout the ages, it could have already have the Unison ability before it fell into the hands of some mage who modified it into Belka-style magic....just a theory
Consider that its core ability is Unison/absorption and Unison devices are a Belkan development, I'd say that it was originally Belkan and a Unison Device.

Also, Nightengale- it was still funny.