AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 22:42   Link #821
Sunder the Gold

Moon Young is awesome and a bro, but she's lagging far behind in the cuteness and sexiness departments.

I'm definitely not saying that she ought to change her style, but it would be great to see her wear something moe flattering than that track suit. And yes, as others have said, let down her hair.

Feel really bad for her upperclassman. That's a lousy way to rejoin a sport. Even if she decides not to give up competition, the recovery time would seriously hinder any effort to get back into shape, wouldn't it?

Didn't that asshole break her arm? BOTH arms?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:35   Link #822
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Queen- The Sexy
Dal Dal- The Cute
Moon- The Bro
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:03   Link #823
Sunder the Gold

Where does Bunny Girl fall, then?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:21   Link #824
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hopefully, not the 'Sister', but personally, Wushu Bunny fulfills all three categories for me.

And not all girls can be 'cute n sexy' - I think Moon Young is sexy on her own, but it's more from her personality than from her body. Besides, we've seen glimpses of it and she's got a nice athletic build to her so it's not like she's lacking. A girl as strong and as confident as Moon Young can be sexy without walking around in a halter top and biker shorts (although it certainly wouldn't hurt).

As far as her sexiness is concerned, it's the reason why Wild's High is trying to become co-ed. All these girls can kill normal guys 20 ways from Tuesday but trying to talk to a guy their age in a normal 'guy-girl' conversation is pretty much impossible unless it's sports/martial art related.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:54   Link #825
ShiroiRyu

66 : FB was meeeh ...
But the uppercut. **
Old 2012-11-24, 23:33   Link #826
Xacual

This chapter really made me feel like Moon was a good coach for once. She read this guy's style really well.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 00:19   Link #827
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
This chapter really made me feel like Moon was a good coach for once. She read this guy's style really well.
This guy really didn't have a style.

He won his matches through a combination of ruthlessness, aggressiveness and being taken lightly by his opponents.

Against someone who is a more rounded fighter, despite the experience difference, in a format that does not stress fight speed, he is more likely to lose.

The rounds in the first were 3 minute rounds, that in the case of a tie, went to the more aggressive fighter. This is a simple multi-round fight that victory would go to the more patient and better rounded fighter.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 08:20   Link #828
Velsy

It's getting hard and frustrating to read this. Bullshits finally getting to me. Jae Gu should be getting smashed, but he isn't. After barley beating pepper head, hes turned into a pro with his own tactical monologue within a few hours.

If not for the girls, this manga wouldnt be interesting anymore. What a farce this stories become. I feel let down because I liked the premise to it
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 09:10   Link #829
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's like the author took in the complaints people had before about Jae Gu being weak and somewhat useless and switched it around but also turned it up to eleven, making him stronger than he should be.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 08:52   Link #830
Awrya
U mad?

So basic training for a short period turns a normal, weak guy into an elite fighter? Not sure if I'm buying it, especially since his opponent is someone who has much more fighting experience.
Next time we get that Jae Gu was a born genius, with the talent of hard work - or simply plot armour.
Old 2012-11-26, 09:29   Link #831
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

No one's elite here - they are all amatuers. Even this street fighter from the mafia can't hold a candle to the S-ranks. Moon Young knew that she'd pulverize him - that's why she sent Jae in there instead - he needs the fight more than she does. Yes, she wants to beat him to a pulp for beating up her Sunbae as he did, but that's not a valid excuse, at least for her.

And as for 'fighting experience', even if you get into a lot of fights, when you're lvl 20, it takes a LOT longer to level up if you're still fighting lvl 1 rather than people at your own lvl, right? That's why he's so bored when he fights on the streets - no one can give him a challenge.

Thirdly, Jae Gu's biggest drawback wasn't his physical strength or even his fighting experience, it was his mentality after years of being picked on and abused. Moon Young had complimented that his hard work ethic has made his body strong so he didn't need to do as much weight and endurance training and she could focus more on technique and getting over his mentality that was holding him back so long.

Simply put, Jae Gu could have been beastly to begin with - he was just held back by his own mental state so he couldn't go forward.
Old 2012-11-26, 10:20   Link #832
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
No one's elite here - they are all amatuers. Even this street fighter from the mafia can't hold a candle to the S-ranks. Moon Young knew that she'd pulverize him - that's why she sent Jae in there instead - he needs the fight more than she does. Yes, she wants to beat him to a pulp for beating up her Sunbae as he did, but that's not a valid excuse, at least for her.

And as for 'fighting experience', even if you get into a lot of fights, when you're lvl 20, it takes a LOT longer to level up if you're still fighting lvl 1 rather than people at your own lvl, right? That's why he's so bored when he fights on the streets - no one can give him a challenge.

Thirdly, Jae Gu's biggest drawback wasn't his physical strength or even his fighting experience, it was his mentality after years of being picked on and abused. Moon Young had complimented that his hard work ethic has made his body strong so he didn't need to do as much weight and endurance training and she could focus more on technique and getting over his mentality that was holding him back so long.

Simply put, Jae Gu could have been beastly to begin with - he was just held back by his own mental state so he couldn't go forward.
The problem is he beat both an "S-class" fighter , who was much stronger than Moon and went to the finals up against Queen, as well as an experienced muai thai fighter. Now, all of a sudden he's supposed to be a small shrimp, everyone of the named characters could beat with their pinky?

I'm sorry but this is just a lame way of initially buffing an opponent character, similar to suddenly letting red-head have a high rank belt even though he showed no sign of martial arts prowess before.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 12:52   Link #833
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Which S-rank did Mafia Douche beat? I didn't think she was an S-rank, Moon's sunbae. She got to the finals in her first year, which was 2 years ago in story time, that was her claim to fame. She was stronger than Moon was when they fought the first time but Moon surpassed her a while ago. If she had kept training instead of taking a year off, then she could have become an S-rank. But no, she wasn't an S-rank when she fought Mafia Douche. She wasn't S-rank equivalant either, but she knows how to train and to bring out potential in people. It's why Moon respects her the way she does.

He's an experienced BRAWLER, he's not much else. He catches people by surprise and pummels them mercilessly. One good hit can put anyone down, no matter how much they've trained. Just because one has done formal martial arts of any type doesn't mean you can't get your ass handed to you when you least expect it. The girls were prideful of their martial arts and rightly so, but they shouldn't have used it as making themselves superior to another fighter just because of it.

And similarly, Red Head could have attained that rank before but if he doesn't work at keeping it, his skills would naturally deteriorate. And there is nothing saying that he just barely got the rank or that it was pretty much 'given' to him if he fullfilled a certain requirement. When it comes down to it, it's not your rank that will save you, it's the quality of your training. And we've seen that Jae Gu has had pretty good training. We've only seen glimpses of it but that does't mean that he hasn't trained hard either.

Besides, this is a manwha, suspension of belief is required for any fictional story.
Old 2012-11-26, 14:01   Link #834
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^

Moon's sunbae was introduced as being really strong. Consequently, mafia guy has been introduced to be even stronger by beating her and another experienced fighter. These are the facts that readers were given and they formed their expectations.
For him to be treated like weak trash now just feels very off when there hasn't been anything before that hinted at it. Plot twists are only as good as the logical path lain before them

The simple fact that there are several individual people who were puzzled by recent developments shows that there is missing an explanation... and I like to have my explanations from the work of fiction itself, not other readers.

You can apologetically find explanations for anything with the "suspension of belief" argument like "what if mafia guy used hypnosis that only works on girls?" but that doesn't change the fact that there needs to be something to warrant such revelations to be believable for most readers.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 14:50   Link #835
Shadow5YA

The problem is that Moon's sunbae was introduced as strong - strong enough to beat Moon Young, and strong enough to reach the finals, even if Queen beat her in 30 seconds.

Ho Pae beat her easily, so readers would naturally assume that he's at least as strong Moon Young, or if not, he should be able to put up a good fight. Both chapter 58 and 59 made him out to be a serious threat.

But then his group picked a fight with Queen, and then suddenly his entire group is treated as a joke. It's understandable that his grunts would get beaten, because they're just low level lackeys.
It's also understandable that Queen wouldn't take him seriously, because she is by far the best fighter in the series aside from the Wild's High graduates.

But then even Moon Young didn't take Ho Pae seriously, even though she should have a personal score to settle because he beat her sunbae. Why did he turn out so weak?
Then suddenly we get an explanation that Moon Young's sunbae was weak to begin with and was only a good coach, so Ho Pae's victory didn't count. Wait... what?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 21:02   Link #836
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Moon Young's sunbae isn't strong enough to beat the current Moon Young I think. Maybe when Moon Young first joined the boxing club, the sunbae was stronger than her. But as it is right now, Moon Young is probably in the top 10 for the wilds high, especially considering she seems to be a regular sparring partner of Queen.

So Ho Pae beating the sunbae doesn't mean he's as strong as Moon Young

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 22:12   Link #837
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I wasn't being apologetic, I'm kinda amazed that several people got the impression that Jung Hyun-sunbae was such a crazy high-profile martial artist in the same league as Queen or the others that we've met. If everything has to be told the readers without having them think about it...that's insulting the reader's intelligence.

It's normal for people to remember someone that they hold in high regard at their prime. Many people remember the Michael Jordan in his heyday, not after he joined the league back after playing baseball. Was everyone expecting him to be awesome and flying all over the younger guys? Of course. Did it happen? Nope. Same thing here - everyone's expectations of her were the same as if she didn't take off a year to deal with family problems. She probably didn't train as much as she did previously. It's natural in that situation. So ... why is everyone so shocked?

Because everyone assumed that because Moon Young said she was strong enough to beat her, they thought she meant the current Moon Young? Not only that but now that you know the reason why the girl was strong (because she had great analytical skills) after the fact, it seems like an asspull...? Ho Pae beat her brutally - no technique, no rythym, just straight beatdown. She wasn't prepared for it and she lost. There's nothing asspull about that either.
Old 2012-11-26, 22:24   Link #838
Johnny
Working the bags...

The gangster dude is nothing but an experienced mad dog when he fights. It's not surprising that Jae Gu can keep up with him for now when you have someone i.e Moon Young basically telling him exactly what the mad dog is going to do and how to counter it each time...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 15:39   Link #839
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I wasn't being apologetic, I'm kinda amazed that several people got the impression that Jung Hyun-sunbae was such a crazy high-profile martial artist in the same league as Queen or the others that we've met. If everything has to be told the readers without having them think about it...that's insulting the reader's intelligence.

It's normal for people to remember someone that they hold in high regard at their prime. Many people remember the Michael Jordan in his heyday, not after he joined the league back after playing baseball. Was everyone expecting him to be awesome and flying all over the younger guys? Of course. Did it happen? Nope. Same thing here - everyone's expectations of her were the same as if she didn't take off a year to deal with family problems. She probably didn't train as much as she did previously. It's natural in that situation. So ... why is everyone so shocked?

Because everyone assumed that because Moon Young said she was strong enough to beat her, they thought she meant the current Moon Young? Not only that but now that you know the reason why the girl was strong (because she had great analytical skills) after the fact, it seems like an asspull...? Ho Pae beat her brutally - no technique, no rythym, just straight beatdown. She wasn't prepared for it and she lost. There's nothing asspull about that either.
No one is expecting Jung Hyun to beat the current Moon Young, but people were expecting that she was at least a decent fighter, making Ho Pae an also decent fighter for beating her.

Ho Pae was introduced as a serious threat, but now no one takes him seriously and his level has been degraded to the same as the white haired street fighter earlier. What's the point of Ho Pae then? We've already seen an undisciplined brawler fight. What's the point of introducing another guy like that if he is no better than the previous one?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 21:41   Link #840
Velsy

Some people are missing this point, Moon sempai was a Runner up finalist. She lost to Queen in 10/15 seconds (Queen seriously smashed everyone). But she got! to the final. And for now people coming out and saying shes a weak fighter? And thats why Mafia dude won?. She would of obtained S-rank with that effort. But having dropped out of fighting competition for a year or more on family reasons, she probably lost her S-rank (couldnt hold it). Thats why it explained she was in qualifying again and also being a favourit at that. The Manwha showed this to us. And when she was KO in 10 seconds by an unknown fighter (mafia dude) There was a huge commotion amungst the spectators. Asif in shock. but it was a fair win, he sat on the ground and waited for his next opponent without any trash talking (This is something I noted).

Not only that, mafia dudes 2nd fight was another convincing win. Showing it wasnt just a fluke, he has what it takes to fight in the big league.

Now we are put in a situation, where this guy who looked like he could give Queen a contest, now has Jae Gu who could barely beat pepper head, dancing around him as untouchable. Because what? he got some last min motivation from Moon? Or that this guys just weak?

Well my opinion, if you havent raed my last few posts. This story has turned in disappointment... <3 the girls tho ^_~

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-11-27 at 22:04.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom