Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 11:02   Link #641
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I think it's about time for a [MANGA]Who should have died? thread.

In my opinion, and after reading so many posts in this forums I know I'm not the only one who thinks so, the death of different characters would have a positive effect on the story. So we should discuss who should have died, when and why.
Old 2010-01-06, 11:05   Link #642
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I think it's about time for a [MANGA]Who should have died? thread.

In my opinion, and after reading so many posts in this forums I know I'm not the only one who thinks so, the death of different characters would have a positive effect on the story. So we should discuss who should have died, when and why.
I think that counts under the "What would you change about Naruto" thread.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:05   Link #643
james0246

^Even worse, this could spark unnecessary conflict (ala my comments in the recent Chapter Thread about Kakashi potentially needing to die). So, no. A "Who Should Have Died" thread will not be created.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:57   Link #644
lolitaninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If there is enough potential information/speculation concerning the character, then yes...well, maybe . The Kushina thread was something of a one-off because she has quite a few mysteries surrounding her that can result in potentially interesting discussion (and there are no real Kushina based threads). Someone like Iruka, though, would present very little potential discussion.

Bear in mind, it is possible a thread already exists for whichever character you are interested in discussing...
Then would someone like...say...Kankuro, be worthy of discussion? I know he's not the most important character in the show, but I still see great potential in him. He basically got shown up by Sasori (who's quite a popular character despite getting killed off early) It would be interesting to find out if people actually like him as a character and think that he could surpass Sasori as a great puppeteer. I, for one, would like him to at least get another battle scene in which he destroys his opponent. But if not Kankuro, then at least the sand siblings in general? Like if they've improved in their abilities since they were last shown and if they'd possibly be a good aid to Konoha in the upcoming shinobi war?
lolitaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 19:14   Link #645
james0246

^There is multiple favourite character threads in which such discussions can occur, so no I do not see a need for a Kankuro thread presently. As I said, Kushina received a thread specifically due to the various mysteries surrounding her past and her possible part in the story (if it turns out her sole purpose was as Naruto's mother, then I fully admit that the thread will have been pointless, but for now there is room for speculation). There are no mysterious surrounding Kankuro (or any of Team Sand), and he has more than fulfilled his role in the story, so there is no need for a character specific thread (additionally, there are a few Sand threads (like [MANGA] Hidden Village of Sand) that could be used for such a discussion as well as the aforementioned Favourite character threads).

On the off-chance that you are interested, there are no Puppetry threads. If you want to come up with a discussion topic concerning Kugutsu no Jutsu (its various uses, etc), then there might be something interesting there...
Old 2010-01-06, 20:09   Link #646
Gin
*Artist

I think a puppetry thread would be nice, since there isn't really enough info on any single puppet user to make a thread, but there is just barely enough if you put them all together.
Old 2010-01-06, 20:51   Link #647
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

Is there any threads about Danzou then? Cuz he's mysterious enough to have his own thread right? Or Tobi?

Or (I might sound stupid here) thread about who's Naruto gonna choose: Hinata or Sakura? Since they said their confessions, why not that?

^Gawd I sound stupid saying that
ACEZ1n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 20:57   Link #648
james0246

As Gin has said, both ideas have pre-existing threads. Simply use the Search function, and all shall be revealed...
Old 2010-01-07, 12:42   Link #649
epyon96

Kind of curious, I remember the sand old lady who fought Sasori with Sakura mentioned strategies how to fight Uchicha.

I like to hear what everyone's thoughts might be for the high level people like Itachi and Madara.

At the moment, I can't even think of any ways for the existing characters without the Sharingan to even have a shot.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 12:51   Link #650
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

If you search Itachi or Sharingan you'll get plently of threads dealing with that.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 20:06   Link #651
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^Even worse, this could spark unnecessary conflict (ala my comments in the recent Chapter Thread about Kakashi potentially needing to die). So, no. A "Who Should Have Died" thread will not be created.
Do not want?

I thought it's an interesting topic as long as we all behave mannered and no offense, but I think it's kind of a bad excuse to reject a topic that the moderators can't control the situation. I know that I suggested a polarizing topic, but nevertheless an interesting one. I'd be happy if we were able to strike an agreement, but if the current situation in this forum does not allow such a thread(/t), I am to respect that.
Old 2010-01-07, 20:45   Link #652
james0246

^If I were to say that Yin should have died during her mini-arc in season 1 of DtB, but I offered no specific reasons (other than my love for Bertha ), would that be okay? Any "Who Should Have Died" thread will quickly turn into a "Who Should Die" thread, with many meaningless posts that only create dissent.

Besides, the current "Who Shouldn't Have Died" thread can also be used to argue why specific character should have died.
Old 2010-01-07, 20:53   Link #653
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^If I were to say that Yin should have died during her mini-arc in season 1 of DtB, but I offered no specific reasons (other than my love for Bertha ), would that be okay? Any "Who Should Have Died" thread will quickly turn into a "Who Should Die" thread, with many meaningless posts that only create dissent.

Besides, the current "Who Shouldn't Have Died" thread can also be used to argue why specific character should have died.
Why?
Spoiler for only if you watched DtB II (Gemini...):

I see what you are getting at after all. I think there are other topics to discuss and as you mentioned, there's already a thread were we can discuss what I wanted to discuss.

Why did you think Yin is my favorite character? I think my favorite character died in the first episode of DtB – it was the first doll with memories and she got her heart pulled out.
Old 2010-02-12, 02:40   Link #654
antjluc

I like to see a Thread on what was the jutsu the first hokage used on Madara which left him weak like that
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 02:58   Link #655
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
I like to see a Thread on what was the jutsu the first hokage used on Madara which left him weak like that
There's not a lot of reason to start a thread based on currently unknown information (did Hashirama use a jutsu to make Madara weak?; or was it something else?; is Madara weak due to the EMS?; etc). But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and ask you to write up an OP (opening post, since you seem to be new), and if it is something new, and it is relevant and possible to discuss, then I will probably make the thread.

That being said, there are plenty of Madara threads in which you can discuss the Hashirama v. Madara battle, so if you would prefer to use them instead, that would save us all some time .
Old 2010-02-12, 03:21   Link #656
antjluc

Ok i know i'm getting on your nerves but i always wondered if Kisame had been sealed with a tailed beast how strong do you think he would have been
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 03:05   Link #657
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
Ok i know i'm getting on your nerves but i always wondered if Kisame had been sealed with a tailed beast how strong do you think he would have been
Are you making another request for a thread on a separate subject? If so, what happened to writing an opening post for your previous request? Also, if you are starting to sense that you are coming across as annoying, then the prudent course of action is to stop doing what you are doing.

Welcome to AnimeSuki!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 14:45   Link #658
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Naruto Chapter 484 Spoiler Discussion
Old 2010-02-23, 14:47   Link #659
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
lol, this is true
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 15:09   Link #660
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
lol, this is true
I'm going to wait a few more hours to see if any spoilers from known sources are released. Otherwise, sometime later tonight (in America at least) I will create the new chapter thread.

Tags
request, requests