AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 13:04   Link #1421
garbage

if anything they really must be either too blinded by greed or hate, ignorant of current events & recent history, or just plain stupid. They do know that both Yuusha & OnnaKishi are currently associated with Winter country right? They're gonna be in a world of hurt once those 2 seriously start whopping their collective asses.

hmmm unless they do have some sneaky sneaky plans...
Old 2013-02-17, 13:44   Link #1422
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sneaky like "have more soldiers than impoverished Winter Nation"?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 14:09   Link #1423
garbage

probably more, much more than that, Remember Yuusha is a veritable Army by himself , and in fact has wide area Seige level spells. OP enough to confidently go alone by himself DEEP in DEMON COUNTRY to attack Maou in Ep1. Onna Kishi was said to be second only to Yuusha, and was even acknowledged by him to have improved a lot.

besides I don't think they have that much more soldiers & resources than Winter country, they are both southerns nations ( and part of their alliance if you recall ), so same situations apply to both countries. Winter has the advantage now of improving economy. White Night though has the advantage of being boot-lickers to the central nations.

so sneaky could be A) they have behind the scenes support from central(funds& soldiers), so as to destabilize Winter, and prevent their independence from central's control. Or alternatively B) they could bad mouth winter among the southern nation's alliance thereby gaining support & soldiers from other nations.C) some other unknown.
Old 2013-02-17, 15:22   Link #1424
HandofFate

I hope we get the see the hero really unleash once before this anime is over.

Knight's fight with the walrus was cool, but apparently the hero totally outclasses everyone.

Also, didn't he set out a bit in the beginning to look for the Magician Girl? What happened there?
Old 2013-02-17, 16:44   Link #1425
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
if anything they really must be either too blinded by greed or hate, ignorant of current events & recent history, or just plain stupid. They do know that both Yuusha & OnnaKishi are currently associated with Winter country right? They're gonna be in a world of hurt once those 2 seriously start whopping their collective asses.

hmmm unless they do have some sneaky sneaky plans...
1. the White Knight king and his Kin aren't too stable and have been made to look bad to the nations they have been sucking up to.

2. Yuusha's presence is still something of a secret. And really there is no way one man or woman could defete an army I mean they would have to be like level 50 or something and no one power levels till they get that high I mean at that level a group of 4 could take on all of the Demon world.

Well at least there aren't other things to distract the good guys like ominus erthquakes or waiting in line at the DMV (Department of Maou Values) or dealing with no longer being under the thu... er teathered to the central nations
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 17:22   Link #1426
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I hope we get the see the hero really unleash once before this anime is over.

Knight's fight with the walrus was cool, but apparently the hero totally outclasses everyone.

Also, didn't he set out a bit in the beginning to look for the Magician Girl? What happened there?
He's still looking for Female Magician, not that he needs to since she's stronger than everyone but him (before you ask, yes that includes Female Knight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
1. the White Knight king and his Kin aren't too stable and have been made to look bad to the nations they have been sucking up to.

2. Yuusha's presence is still something of a secret. And really there is no way one man or woman could defete an army I mean they would have to be like level 50 or something and no one power levels till they get that high I mean at that level a group of 4 could take on all of the Demon world.

Well at least there aren't other things to distract the good guys like ominus erthquakes or waiting in line at the DMV (Department of Maou Values) or dealing with no longer being under the thu... er teathered to the central nations
1 - Yeah, they're pretty much batshit crazy at this point.

2 - Actually, Hero can do that. Female Knight and Female Magician aren't quite as over powered, but they could probably each take on two or three thousand a piece.

Spoiler for spoiler:

The only reason they don't directly interfere is that the goal of this isn't military or even economic victory. It's the salvation of both races. A single person beating the whole world into submission might cause a few road blocks in that path.
Old 2013-02-17, 18:05   Link #1427
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
1 - Yeah, they're pretty much batshit crazy at this point.
I suppose it is the opposite of world of warcraft, where everybody is high level and just a few neewbs are low level.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 18:52   Link #1428
kagato3

Quote:
2 - Actually, Hero can do that. Female Knight and Female Magician aren't quite as over powered, but they could probably each take on two or three thousand a piece.
detecting sarcasm detector failure. cause I'm pretty sure Hero and party are like level 99
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:27   Link #1429
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
detecting sarcasm detector failure. cause I'm pretty sure Hero and party are like level 99
Sorry, it's hard to tell when I'm reading it.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:36   Link #1430
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Sorry, it's hard to tell when I'm reading it.
Yeah, it dosn't sounds like it. Maybe he's implying the battlefield. The story suggests that the hero has a good reason to go solo. He may feel that the political force is binding his band. The force prevents him from using some overkill skill. So, it's like fighting the war in the mud. It could be the V-War or K-War for the hero. Even the hero is overpowered, he cannot beat opponent such as the dragon king. Since Female Knight wants to win the battle, she ultimately kills the walrus general. It sounds reasonable for her, because the walrus general already takes out countless soldiers at her side. The walrus general may have no regret, because he already ensures the safety retreat of his soldiers. Just a thought.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 01:21   Link #1431
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Been busy. Finally watched the latest episode. It’s another good one with a good pacing. Characters get to “breathe” a lot due to decent screentime and the issues and inventions are explained very nicely. Furthermore, I was a bit surprised seeing the little sword practicing scene between Hero and Female Knight was animated quite well . Aside from that, the animation in other instances is still lacking here and there imo (especially some characters’ occasional “flat” expression). Oh well, budget maters.

I see that some people are complaining about Dragon Princess being not as cute as her manga counterpart? Well, even if it’s true, since this anime follow the original novel’s design, I’d say Dragon Princess here is pretty cute with her large dragon-tail and fire-breath (still not a fan of how her horns look though). Speaking of her fire-breath, outside of her clan, maybe Hero is the only one that can kiss her without getting harmed since I doubt many males can endure Dragon Princess’ “hot kiss”.
Old 2013-02-18, 06:34   Link #1432
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

No idea whatbDragon Princess looks in the manga - link please? As for those horns, I think that's her hair? I've heard of that hairstyle being popular in medieval times...

Also, Dragon Princess gets a bonus to her hotness for being voiced by Shizuka Itou.

Also, Demon Queen and Lady Knight arguing over who got to sneak into Hero's room was lol, especially when Head Maid showed up and proposed she NTR them. I busted a gut laughing at that point. Also lawl question: Who's the wife and who's the mistress?

To which my answer is BOTH!!!

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 06:38   Link #1433
Elestia

There were some comparison charts between each version of the princess a while back, but here ya go.

Images
Old 2013-02-18, 07:57   Link #1434
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
No idea what Dragon Princess looks in the manga - link please? As for those horns, I think that's her hair? I've heard of that hairstyle being popular in medieval times...
Nope. It's definitely her actual horns. Maybe a little bit covered by her hair or accessories, but It's definitely real dragon-horns. The horns have become one of her most well-known parts of her character-design.

As for a picture of Grand Princess Fire Dragon, Elestia already provided you with her in princess clothes. So, here's a pic of her in modern clothes :
Images
Old 2013-02-18, 11:02   Link #1435
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
No idea whatbDragon Princess looks in the manga - link please? As for those horns, I think that's her hair? I've heard of that hairstyle being popular in medieval times...

Also, Dragon Princess gets a bonus to her hotness for being voiced by Shizuka Itou.

Also, Demon Queen and Lady Knight arguing over who got to sneak into Hero's room was lol, especially when Head Maid showed up and proposed she NTR them. I busted a gut laughing at that point. Also lawl question: Who's the wife and who's the mistress?

To which my answer is BOTH!!!
And that's how they invented the threesome.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 03:00   Link #1436
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Maou pushes forward with her plans to use knowledge to change the world, and one of her greatest weapons yet, the printing press, is completed. However, she knows that she is running out of time, so she decides to share some quiet time with Hero. However, Female Knight also has her plans as well, and they end up having an intimate conversation as they play with a half-sleeping Hero.

After that, Maou heads back to the Demon World to undergo the Demon King License Renewal Ceremony, leaving behind her work to her "apprentice" Older Sister Maid, Head Maid, Female Knight and Hero himself. Elsewhere, however, shadows lurk in the darkness, waiting for the right moment to strike.

I think I can say that this is the turning point of the series. There will be little time for cherishing precious moments, for another war is coming, and Hero will now face the challenge of moving forward in the absence of his beloved Maou.

I admit that I have been spoiled already, but regardless, I can't help but feel worried about Maou. She has been in hiding for two years, leaving behind an unstable realm who is now ready to explode at any moment. Upon her return, I'm pretty sure that there will be absolutely no celebrations.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 10:36   Link #1437
maximilianjenus
[E]

sorry if this was answered before, but since I fell behind and now this topic is a spoiler minefield for me ? how many episodes is this going to be ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 11:00   Link #1438
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
sorry if this was answered before, but since I fell behind and now this topic is a spoiler minefield for me ? how many episodes is this going to be ?
Twelve, for better or worse.
Old 2013-02-19, 11:33   Link #1439
maximilianjenus
[E]

thanks, well I guess i will move on to the novels/manga after the show is over.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 14:10   Link #1440
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Not specifically related to anything in this episode, but...

With the additional constraint of lip synching in mind, what would be good localizations for the names? Demon King and Queen are both bad choices because they have 3 syllables to Maou's 2, and they cannot be pronounced naturally in the same time span. King and Queen also do not match syllables, but they can be pronounced in the same time span as Maou more easily.

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem